• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Goli

Terra-Battle_2014_08-27-14_009.jpg

What is Terra Battle?
wikia description said:
Terra Battle is a free-to-play mobile game by Mistwalker. It features game design by Hironobu Sakaguchi and music by Nobuo Uematsu, both of Final Fantasy fame, and artwork by Kimihiko Fujisaka, of The Last Story and Drakengard fame. Other well-known artists are scheduled to contribute content according to the Download Starter.

Download links
iOS version
Android version

Useful links
Official website
Official wikia page
Official twitter account

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif

Currently the game is live in Japan, US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, and Spain. Mistwalker have set up a "download starter" mechanism where each download counts towards having new content being added to the game, so please try to get the game through official means, if possible. Note that iOS players that live in a country not yet supported can create a free account in either of those countries, download it and play, thus helping Mistwalker. (thanks rocketskates!)
animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif

Tips
How to reroll (Android):
theMrCravens said:
If you delete the app cache for the game (on Android; ios I'm not 100% sure how), you can restart from scratch and then replay the tutorial (Chapter 1) to get those 5 free energy.
Repeat until you get the character you want.

If you're serious about rerolling, wait until they give out the bonus code for 5 free energy sometime today (or very soon-ish). This will give you twice the chance to roll at start.

On the subject of rerolls, I'd like to point out that you can finish all 30 Chapters without any ranked SS units.

You will get plenty of energy from consecutive logins and cleared chapters that will eventually get you a full roster of rank A and S units (and with luck, some SS).

Posted this about 12 hours ago, I'll repost it now for the other half of the world.

===

For those who still don't have the game in their Google Play store -

• Go here and download the .apk and the .obb.
  • You'll need an apk installer for your phone. I use one that's, neatly enough, called 'APK Installer'. Search the Play Store and install the program.
  • Connect your phone to your PC.
  • Transfer the .apk to a 'holding' folder on your phone (I dumped it in <Download>).
  • Go to Android/Obb and create a new folder called 'com.mistwalker.guardians'. Transfer the obb. file into this. (If you intend to install the game on an SD card instead of main memory, I think you use the folder SD/Android/Obb..? Don't know. I don't have an SD card on my phone, so not sure how it presents itself.
  • Open your APK Installer, navigate to wherever you're holding the apk. and install.

This worked for me in Sweden (unavailable) and I've been happily playing since launch day.

Two things to note:
  1. I'm not sure what will happen when the game has a version update, but I'm assuming it'll either be a case of finding just the new .apk and reinstalling, or perhaps you'll need the obb. also. Shouldn't be a problem though, I go through a similar process updating my Puzzle&Dragons. Been playing that for a year through at least half a dozen version updates (though doesn't have all the .obb crap). Don't hold me to any of this though.
  2. Once the game is officially released in your Google Play Store, I think you should be fine to install the game officially (important for the 2mil users goal!) and do a Data Transfer (in-game options) to carry your progress over. Again, I'm as unfamiliar with the process as you are, so try not to hate me if it turns out that things aren't this simple.

Dwayne

FWIW, this game isn't available on New Zealand Google Play, but can be installed by using a APK download website like apk-dl.com, and then transferring and installing the APK manually. Got it this morning but haven't given it a play yet, looking forward to it!

edit: turns out this doesn't work - "Download failed because you may not have purchased this app". Stop hating New Zealand everyone!

edit 2: Turns out I needed to download the OBB file (expansion) separately. Would link but I guess it's a little dodgy. People are sharing on official Terra Battle forums though.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Going to give it a whirl. I haven't played a mobile game since Chaos Rings.
And before that, maybe Angry Birds?

Not really my thing, I'd rather not waste my phone's battery... but I spoke to Sakaguchi at PAX and hell, the man's awesome so sure, I'll toss some support.

GaussTek

FWIW, this game isn't available on New Zealand Google Play, but can be installed by using a APK download website like apk-dl.com, and then transferring and installing the APK manually. Got it this morning but haven't given it a play yet, looking forward to it!

edit: turns out this doesn't work - "Download failed because you may not have purchased this app". Stop hating New Zealand everyone!

Not yet available in Mexico either, according to their FB page:

Terra Battle is officially live for both the iOS and Android in Japan, US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, and Spain.

So, that's not precisely a global launch :S Hopefully it gets unlocked for the rest of the world in the next few days.

The presentation / tutorial is still so similar with all the other dime a dozen, similar games on IOS. But the gameplay is quick enough, and presentation/music decent. So I'll give it some more time.

FinKL

Grabbed it last night on iOS, loving the music, but I can see the potential grind. Some battles take a long time and im just starting (even after speedup is selected), but it's pretty fun to sandwich enemies and destroy them with your whole team if you line up correctly.

Friends list/Coop are coming soon too.

Goli

For people outside the officially supported countries on iOS at least, you can create an account in a supported country, download it and play. I'm in Chile and I've been playing since earlier today just fine, except for occasional network connection problems.

Dwayne

Not yet available in Mexico either, according to their FB page:

So, that's not precisely a global launch :S Hopefully it gets unlocked for the rest of the world in the next few days.

Turns out I needed to download the OBB file (expansion) separately. Would link but I guess it's a little dodgy. People are sharing on official Terra Battle forums though.

I'm in chapter 3, so far there are way less free to play mechanics than most of the jp mobage i play. The gameplay is really fun though! Music and art are great too, the music in particular I am really enjoying. Grinding seems very time consuming (and there is no auto battle as far as i know).

Is there a way to permanently turn on speed up? It is annoying having to do it every battle.

batbeg

You should include some starter tips from the other thread! I finally rolled an SS character on my third try so am now ready to really get started.

forgrim

i'm in chapter 4 and so far, it was hard, til i figured out how to place my characters correctly. just need to use the B healer very well.

SougoXIII

Delete the game from your phone and redownload it. Don't put any transfer data in and start a new profile.

Ahhhh, I actually got to chapter 4 :(. My first roll net me a useless S rank idol. Whelps, time to re-roll!

On topic, this is actually pretty good. Simple and nicely presented. I wouldn't mind paying for this if it meant they take out the micro-transaction road blocks and the online requirements. I just wish we could redo moves, too many times my finger slipped and screw me over -_-.

Saprol

Is it the first named character that gets rerolled? I see on their Twitter that the other B-rank I have is a timed bonus.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. Time to use that energy.

wait... you can re-roll?
If you delete the app cache for the game (on Android; ios I'm not 100% sure how), you can restart from scratch and then replay the tutorial (Chapter 1) to get those 5 free energy.
Repeat until you get the character you want.

If you're serious about rerolling, wait until they give out the bonus code for 5 free energy sometime today (or very soon-ish). This will give you twice the chance to roll at start.

On the subject of rerolls, I'd like to point out that you can finish all 30 Chapters without any ranked SS units.

You will get plenty of energy from consecutive logins and cleared chapters that will eventually get you a full roster of rank A and S units (and with luck, some SS).

edit 2: Turns out I needed to download the OBB file (expansion) separately. Would link but I guess it's a little dodgy. People are sharing on official Terra Battle forums though.
While this is a perfect solution for everyone who isn't able to play it yet, keep in mind that downloads and installs done this way will not count towards their "goals" of having a certain amount of people unlock specific tiers. I can't tell you or anyone what to do but I would suggest keeping an eye out for when it DOES let you install through the Play Store, because then your download will go towards unlocking the next tier. All you should really have to do is uninstall, and when reinstalling, instead of choosing "New Game" just choose "Continue/Transfer" or whatever the other option is.

Also, this is a quote from the official Facebook, detailing what countries are good to go as of right now:
Terra Battle is officially live for both the iOS and Android in Japan, US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, and Spain. The app is currently being featured on the App Store and Google Play! Download today and begin your adventure.

Goli

So..what exactly is this? Are people competing for online leaderboards?

The game has a storyline to follow in usual RPG fashion.

By the way if anyone has any tips they'd like to see in the OP, post them and I'll edit them in.

Ken

The game has a storyline to follow in usual RPG fashion.

By the way if anyone has any tips they'd like to see in the OP, post them and I'll edit them in.

So this is just a single player game, and the real money transaction is for recruiting new characters only?

Goli

So this is just a single player game, and the real money transaction is for recruiting new characters only?

Yes, though the "energy" you use to get new characters via gacha can also be used to replenish your stamina, which you need to actually play a stage. They're planning to add more modes eventually though.

Bombless

I was scouring the Google Play store for this game and wondering why I couldn't find it. Not released in Belgium /sigh.

Hubb

Metal Zone is no joke. Just got 52k EXP out of it. If you can only play for a little bit it is worth the 10 Stamina price.

Hubb

Does each "reroll" mean selecting a new user name?

If so, is the user name actually used for anything?

I'm pretty sure 2 people can have the same username. They have a unique number/account that I believe really matters. Not sure what the username is used for, maybe it is nicer looking in the Arena or when a friends list actually comes out.

I imagine looking at "bob" looks better than 114322acfdsvce034

jwhit28

This is the most fun I've had with a mobile game. Can someone tell me how to use the items that evolve skills like White Ring though?

Top Bottom