• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Syf

Banned
So how are the random groups looking? All necros? I'll be starting my run soon, wondering if I should do necro or switch it up for some group variety.

Celegus

Don't suppose anyone is up for some power leveling sometime? Wife and I really want to start playing again but the thought of going 1-70 again after we just did it the long way just keeps killing our motivation and we just play HotS instead. Already in the NA GAF clan (same name), and if not, no biggie.

Xanathus

Don't suppose anyone is up for some power leveling sometime? Wife and I really want to start playing again but the thought of going 1-70 again after we just did it the long way just keeps killing our motivation and we just play HotS instead. Already in the NA GAF clan (same name), and if not, no biggie.

I'm sure quite a few people can power level you now, just ask around with whoever's online at the time.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

I'm EU, sadly. Would have gladly helped you guys.

Celegus

Big thanks to Quantum, we're up to 70 and ready to rock! Still don't actually know a lot about Necros or their sets, but looking forward to messing around with them!

A good thing I took a couple of weeks off from Diablo, as I don't think I would've had the patience to slog through the story when I was still used to running rifts and bounties. At least the necromancer is a cool character. Love their dry descriptions in the quest tab and the new perspective they bring to the story.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Had a lot of awesome runs with the good folks of the EU Clan - represent! Plenty Vaults, GRs, loot without end. More to come.

Insane stuff. Doing GRs with 3 DHs was kinda frustrating. Hard to keep up with your mobility. But I got the hang of it by the end. Soon, we'll be farming 75 and 80. BELIEVE

Wallach

Another noob question...do cubed legendaries carry over from the season?

Cubed a calamity and worried I'll have to find another.

Starting a new season is close to the same as starting a new account. You will have nothing from non-seasonal content; your artisans will be rank 1, your stash tabs will need to be purchased, etc. You won't even have the Kanai's Cube at first.

Starting a new season is close to the same as starting a new account. You will have nothing from non-seasonal content; your artisans will be rank 1, your stash tabs will need to be purchased, etc. You won't even have the Kanai's Cube at first.

Ok, but the things I do 'in season' will go to my non season right?

Like I learned from here that after season is over everything carries over, does this include things I've cubed with my season toon?

Sorry if these are dumb as fuck questions, just don't wanna fuck anything up ya know.

Wallach

Ok, but the things I do 'in season' will go to my non season right?

Like I learned from here that after season is over everything carries over, does this include things I've cubed with my season toon?

Sorry if these are dumb as fuck questions, just don't wanna fuck anything up ya know.

Ah, I see. I'm pretty sure the items you extract into your Kanai's Cube during season do get transferred over to non-season once the season ends, but I've honestly never checked. Everything else from your inventory and stash will show up in your non-seasonal mailbox, other than gold which just gets added to your non-seasonal total.

Ah, I see. I'm pretty sure the items you extract into your Kanai's Cube during season do get transferred over to non-season once the season ends, but I've honestly never checked. Everything else from your inventory and stash will show up in your non-seasonal mailbox, other than gold which just gets added to your non-seasonal total.

Cube powers will transfer to non-season.

Perfect.

Thanks a bunch guys!

Is this game worth jumping into on the PS4? I have no experience with the series but looking for something to kill time until the Fall.

Thank you.

Is this game worth jumping into on the PS4? I have no experience with the series but looking for something to kill time until the Fall.

Thank you.

It's pretty great. Story is super bad but the gameplay is so so good. Just be aware that people were able to port their PS3 character data over, and that platform was full of hackers. If you go into an online off-season game, you may find yourself gaining a million levels in a few minutes. I'd solo story mode alone, and then do adventure mode co-op with GAFfers or friends. Season mode is fine with randoms, since everyone starts fresh.

Hedge

I feel like necro just doesnt't click for me.
Mages live so briefly that I'm never getting the full benefit of that Rathma set. And between trying to top off my mages and clicking corpse explosion over and over, my hands feel so strained.

Does necro have a more.. relaxed build?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Mages live so briefly that I'm never getting the full benefit of that Rathma set. And between trying to top off my mages and clicking corpse explosion over and over, my hands feel so strained.

You could go for an Inarius build. Inarius is the weakest of the Necro's builds (ever since the Mirinae gem glitch was fixed), but it's also the easiest to play.

If you don't mind kiting a lot and only attacking elite packs, there's also the Trag'Oul build. This is the strongest Necro build as of now (though Rathma might overtake it at some point), and the strongest build in the game for GR pushing. Even stronger that the lightning wizard build that used to reign supreme. People have cleared GR110+ with Trag'Oul. The playstyle isn't for everybody, but at least it doesn't rely on summons at all.

Back to Rathma, do you have all the gear required for that build? Once you get Circle of Nailuj, the skeletal mages become much more manageable. That ring makes 2 mages spawn instead of one for every cast, and it makes them last 4 more seconds. Also, keep in mind that you only need 4 mages (not 10) at all times to get the full damage bonus of the 6-piece set. Each mages gives you a 625% boost, up to 2,500%. That means that any mage beyond the first 4 will be another source of damage, sure, but it won't give you another damage boost. So, with the Nailuj ring, you only need to cast the spell twice every so often to be at full power.

Radec

You could go for an Inarius build. Inarius is the weakest of the Necro's builds (ever since the Mirinae gem glitch was fixed), but it's also the easiest to play.

If you don't mind kiting a lot and only attacking elite packs, there's also the Trag'Oul build. This is the strongest Necro build as of now (though Rathma might overtake it at some point), and the strongest build in the game for GR pushing. Even stronger that the lightning wizard build that used to reign supreme. People have cleared GR110+ with Trag'Oul. The playstyle isn't for everybody, but at least it doesn't rely on summons at all.

Back to Rathma, do you have all the gear required for that build? Once you get Circle of Nailuj, the skeletal mages become much more manageable. That ring makes 2 mages spawn instead of one for every cast, and it makes them last 4 more seconds. Also, keep in mind that you only need 4 mages (not 10) at all times to get the full damage bonus of the 6-piece set. Each mages gives you a 625% boost, up to 2,500%. That means that any mage beyond the first 4 will be another source of damage, sure, but it won't give you another damage boost. So, with the Nailuj ring, you only need to cast the spell twice every so often to be at full power.

I've yet to get that Circle of Nailuj. :/

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'll be playing Witch Doctor this season. Never really tried the class before, so this should be good fun.

this is my first time playing the class too.

i'm used to getting into the fights and dealing the damage myself but with the witch doctor it feels like i'm controlling creatures to do all the damage. took me a bit to get used to not running straight up to the enemies.

i'm still trying to figure out all the skills. i was getting totally wrecked at first and had to go down to Hard but now i've kinda found my footing especially now i've not got empty gear slots.

Hedge

Thank you for this response. I don't have the ring, so I hope that will make the set more enjoyable. I just started my journey this sunday.

But I'll look into Inarius and Trag'Oul and see how they play instead. Not relying on summons sound more appealing for my hands, haha. :)

this is my first time playing the class too.

i'm used to getting into the fights and dealing the damage myself but with the witch doctor it feels like i'm controlling creatures to do all the damage. took me a bit to get used to not running straight up to the enemies.

i'm still trying to figure out all the skills. i was getting totally wrecked at first and had to go down to Hard but now i've kinda found my footing especially now i've not got empty gear slots.

My 1st season event and also gone Witch Doctor. I also had to go down to hard difficulty but now just starting to get the damage output that i could push it higher.

I'm using:
Gargantuan (Humongoid)
Zombie Dogs (Burning Dogs)
Acid Cloud (Acid Rain)
Spirit Walk (Healing Journey)
Fire Bomb (Ghost Bomb)
Grasp of the Dead (Groping Eels)

Still only lvl63 so still using different builds

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
My 1st season event and also gone Witch Doctor. I also had to go down to hard difficulty but now just starting to get the damage output that i could push it higher.

I'm using:
Gargantuan (Humongoid)
Zombie Dogs (Burning Dogs)
Acid Cloud (Acid Rain)
Spirit Walk (Healing Journey)
Fire Bomb (Ghost Bomb)
Grasp of the Dead (Groping Eels)

Still only lvl63 so still using different builds

i have

gargantuan (humongoid)
firebats (hungry bats)
zombie dogs (leeching beasts)
soul harvest (swallow your soul)
spirit barrage (phantasm)
corpse spiders (spider queen)

Forward

Hey, guys.

I went Witch Doctor, this Season, for a change of pace, and because I liked the look of the 2,4 and 6 piece bonuses, as far as leveling fresh.

Now then, the crux of my post: What would be the best thing to ReRoll off of a Short Man's Finger (I know, I know - I suck for having one
Tall man just dropped too
. My SMF has: 494 INT, 7% IAS, 26% CHD, and 6% RCR. Also, a general guide for what stats to keep and what to reroll would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys!

Ron Mexico

Hey, guys.

I went Witch Doctor, this Season, for a change of pace, and because I liked the look of the 2,4 and 6 piece bonuses, as far as leveling fresh.

Now then, the crux of my post: What would be the best thing to ReRoll off of a Short Man's Finger (I know, I know - I suck for having one
. My SMF has: 494 INT, 7% IAS, 26% CHD, and 6% RCR. Also, a general guide for what stats to keep and what to reroll would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys!

RCR to a socket without question. Haven't played WD in a few seasons but spent a lot of time with pet builds. IIRC, you'd ideally want INT, both crits and a socket, but IAS wouldn't be terrible.

Hey, guys.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/witch-doctor-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-season-11

Look in Section 8 - Stat Priorities.

For rings, you want to focus on:

1. Socket
2. Crit Chance
3. Crit Damage
4. Intelligence

I'd roll RCR to get a socket

Ron Mexico

Speaking of RCR, has there ever been a build to actually use it well enough to actually call for it? Maybe a channeling heavy build?

Usually for me, seeing RCR is almost a benefit because I don't have to spend another second deciding what to reroll.

TURBO1112

Over paragon 400 and still no ramalonadingdongerthingy.. Frustrating. Friend I play with on X1 has 3 and is lower paragon them me. ANy one else on X1? Been farming t13 rifts for deaths breath and need to do some split bounties as well.

Forward

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/witch-doctor-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-season-11

Look in Section 8 - Stat Priorities.

For rings, you want to focus on:

1. Socket
2. Crit Chance
3. Crit Damage
4. Intelligence

I'd roll RCR to get a socket

Thanks, for that. RCR is was. :) And holy... 6 pets on the screen makes it look like I have my own pool of piranha, sans that skill... or any skill, actually, lmao.

EDIT:

Oooooh... gotta go farm an RoRG right quick.

Y1t4Xzx.png

Speaking of RCR, has there ever been a build to actually use it well enough to actually call for it? Maybe a channeling heavy build?

Usually for me, seeing RCR is almost a benefit because I don't have to spend another second deciding what to reroll.

LoN LTK needs around 40% sheet RCR to function well.

Over paragon 400 and still no ramalonadingdongerthingy.. Frustrating. Friend I play with on X1 has 3 and is lower paragon them me. ANy one else on X1? Been farming t13 rifts for deaths breath and need to do some split bounties as well.

I didn't get one until well over P500 and it's like that most seasons. They never want to drop for me.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

LoN LTK needs around 40% sheet RCR to function well.

I'm actually using a lot of RCR in this Inna's LTK build too.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/92077113

I'm using insight for the extra spirit for now. An obsidian ring instead of the RoRG will help out a lot, just waiting for another one to drop since I cubed the first.

Two questions about Kanai's cube;

1) Can you upgrade an item's item level? For example can I take an item that dropped on Hard and upgrade it's stats and damage?

2) What does the change set item option do? I can't remember what the exact wording of the option is.

Bombless

1) Can you upgrade an item's item level? For example can I take an item that dropped on Hard and upgrade it's stats and damage?

2) What does the change set item option do? I can't remember what the exact wording of the option is.

It transforms a set item into another item of that set (provided the set is more than 2 items).

2 was answered in the post above. As for 1, you can upgrade rares into legendaries (or possibly set items), but you can't take an item level 33 item and turn it into an item level 70 one.

Jinroh

I'll go for the avarice conquest.

It used to need 100 T10 bounty caches.

Will it work with 50 of the new T10 bounty caches?

Sanctuary

Seriously, fuck Perdition as a Witch Doctor. I'm so tired of this cheap piece of shit. "Oh, he has a tell", "Oh, stay close" people say, yet it doesn't matter. If you stay close, you get hit by his discs when he tosses them and you die. If you move when it looks like he's about to telekill you, doesn't matter. You die. The only thing that works to avoid it is Spirit Walk, which has a longer cooldown than what he does with his moves. He's the single biggest obstacle to GR progression for me too. Slog through the highest GR, making a good time only to chain die until the timer runs out because once he kills you, your stacks of Soul Harvest (aka your main source of defense) is totally gone, and unless you wait for Spirit Walk to be up before reviving, he will just chain one shot you into oblivion.

I'll go for the avarice conquest.

It used to need 100 T10 bounty caches.

Will it work with 50 of the new T10 bounty caches?

If you're playing on PC, you don't need to do that. Just use a Goldwrap, Avarice Band and Boon of the Hoarder. I ended up randomly getting it in a T12 rift, and I wasn't trying for it. Might be different on the consoles though due to the density difference.

As the Duck said, Inarius. However, while the standard walk towards things and hit it with Grim Scythe while your boneado is more relaxed and easy enough (especially compared to the Mages), if you want a more active, yet not annoying to play build, think about giving the Corpsemancer/Spacebar build a shot. It's kind of like a cross between a Monk and a Wizard. It's essentially Corpse Explosion and teleporting. Not too much more than that.

I've yet to get that Circle of Nailuj. :/

Make a level 11 Necro alt and use it to gamble. Level 11 is when the ring appears, and there's only one other legendary ring that you can gamble at that level. While the stats might be garbage for a level 70, if you cube it, you get the full benefit of the legendary ability. You can actually use the same tactic for other class specific items that you know you'll more than likely be using from the cube anyway. Just stop leveling the alt at the exact level the item first appears and your chance to get it is much higher. I ended up getting the Wisdom of Kalan, Grasps of Essence, Julian's Ring and Corpsewhisper Pauldrons relatively easy. I also would never actually wear any of them, so it doesn't matter that they are all low level.

http://d3planner.com/game/kadala

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

2 was answered in the post above. As for 1, you can upgrade rares into legendaries (or possibly set items), but you can't take an item level 33 item and turn it into an item level 70 one.

If I understand your first question correctly, ToyMachine, you're not asking if, say, a lvl 35 item can be upgraded to 70, but if a lvl 70 item you found while playing on hard difficulty can be upgraded to a better version of that item, right? If so, you're basing this question on the assumption that the lower the difficulty, the worse the items are. That is false. You could potentially get the best item ever on normal difficulty. Difficulty only affects the drop rate of legendary items vs. rare items, but it has no bearing on their stats. In other words, you'll get more legendaries by playing at a higher difficulty level, but the quality of the rolls will be just as random no matter which difficulty level you pick. Only the level of your character will determine the level of the items (and, by extension, the quality of the stat rolls).

One caveat though: some legendary items can only drop in Torment 1 difficulty and higher. Well, last time I checked anyway.

Seriously, fuck Perdition as a Witch Doctor. I'm so tired of this cheap piece of shit. "Oh, he has a tell", "Oh, stay close" people say, yet it doesn't matter. If you stay close, you get hit by his discs when he tosses them and you die. If you move when it looks like he's about to telekill you, doesn't matter. You die. The only thing that works to avoid it is Spirit Walk, which has a longer cooldown than what he does with his moves. He's the single biggest obstacle to GR progression for me too. Slog through the highest GR, making a good time only to chain die until the timer runs out because once he kills you, your stacks of Soul Harvest (aka your main source of defense) is totally gone, and unless you wait for Spirit Walk to be up before reviving, he will just chain one shot you into oblivion.

Haha, I remember when Quin69 last tried to push hardcore GRs with his WD. Went up against Perdition, paused the game right as he thought Perdition would assuredly kill his character for good, only to unpause literally minutes later out of fear he might die. He was miraculously fine and somehow dodged Perdition's attack in the end.

Make a level 11 Necro alt and use it to gamble. Level 11 is when the ring appears, and there's only one other legendary ring that you can gamble at that level. While the stats might be garbage for a level 70, if you cube it, you get the full benefit of the legendary ability. You can actually use the same tactic for other class specific items that you know you'll more than likely be using from the cube anyway. Just stop leveling the alt at the exact level the item first appears and your chance to get it is much higher. I ended up getting the Wisdom of Kalan, Grasps of Essence, Julian's Ring and Corpsewhisper Pauldrons relatively easy. I also would never actually wear any of them, so it doesn't matter that they are all low level.

http://d3planner.com/game/kadala

Crap, it's been 5 years, and I'm still learning new ways to game the system. Thanks for the tip, man!...

... And of course the necro's Haunted Vision amulet only drops at lvl 70. Of course. Only piece I'm missing for my build too! And I got at least 3 of those in off-season already -__-.

[EDIT] So the Puzzle Ring is lvl 29, and there are only 3-4 possible legendary rings at that level (depending on your class). So that's essentially an easy recipe for infinite gold and mats. Good to know.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I just got back from vacation yesterday, and tonight I'm starting my seasonal Necromancer!!! Haven't played too much of the necro yet so I'm looking freaking forward to this. I'm going to build the bestest, strongest pet necro I can manage. I don't care if it's not the flavor of the season nor the best possible build, my goal is to make a D2 pet necro as best as I can and see just how far up the GR levels I can get him!

My own personal challenge mode, LOL!

Top Bottom