• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ALERT: 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro is available on Nintendo's NA Online Store

Eusis

I'm not ENTIRELY sure, but I think they stealth removed the dock from the original 3DS systems since holiday last year.
It's not there with the FE bundle at any rate, but there's still the fact it initially came with the 3DS so it's probably staying as a "replacement".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Huh, I've been dragging my heels for a bit, but I would like to get this for MH...

The 3DS XL Charging Cradle is also an NoA website exclusive for some reason.

Bought it when I first got my XL. So nice.

Why even use that? Never understood its use.

Because just plopping it down on a surface after a long commute is much nicer than fiddling with a cable.

DJ_Lae

I'd like one, and I'd like a charging dock, but that's basically $50 and no doubt I would get dinged duty crossing the border too.

I do miss my charging dock from my original 3DS, though. That thing has such abysmal battery life in standby that simply plopping it in there meant that whenever I picked it up, it was fully charged. Now if I forget to turn the thing off, whenever I pick it up to play a game it's completely dead as standby mode is lucky to last two days.

Awesome, thanks for posting this. Resident Evil Revelations has been collecting dust ever since I sold my original 3DS and Circle Pad Pro. Just couldn't bring myself to play it with just one joystick.

The shipping price does hurt it when compared to some of the eBay prices...but hell, I've been waiting for this to be released in the US and wasn't willing to pay the import prices from Japan. Consider it bought.

WiCkEd_Co

Just got one from Amazon last week and paid more, I also bought it because I was looking for a better grip so my hands wouldn't crap up.

It does feel good to hold BUT if the game does not support it then it will not work at all. Like Mario Kart, you press R to hop but since it does not support the cpp the R button on it does not work, So I have to pass the R button it has built in and reach for the one on the 3DS itself.

Karish

Just got one from Amazon last week and paid more, I also bought it because I was looking for a better grip so my hands wouldn't crap up.

It does feel good to hold BUT if the game does not support it then it will not work at all. Like Mario Kart, you press R to hop but since it does not support the cpp the R button on it does not work, So I have to pass the R button it has built in and reach for the one on the 3DS itself.

WHAT!?!?

Fuck. Should I cancel? I bought this so it would be easier to hold for games like Luigi's Mansion, but now after what you just said, I'm worried it will be more trouble than it's worth.

Are there other grips I should check out for the 3DS XL? I hate how my hand cramps

OmegaFax

I thought about getting one. The fact it blocks accessibility to the sides of the system makes it a no go for me. That and not a lot of games (none that I have) support them.

So, so tempted. Was going to import one a few weeks ago until I saw the shipping. Now it's finally over here and the wife is wallet blocking me. Nooooooooooooooooooo.

Carlisle

Finally! Wow, I've been waiting for this for a while. I nearly caved on an import earlier this week after going so long with no announcement, even after Europe got it. Ordered with gusto!

Karish

I received mine last night. It's so comfortable to hold when compared to the XL without it. I'm going to keep it attached even when I play games that don't need it.

Santiako

I received mine last night. It's so comfortable to hold when compared to the XL without it. I'm going to keep it attached even when I play games that don't need it.

Sadly, keeping it with games that don't need it makes the R button very unconfortable to reach.

That was the case with the OG 3DS/CPP combo as well. I'll probably pick this up down the road when I get back into a game that needs it like RE:R.

Although MH4 localization is coming at some point as well...

Sadly, keeping it with games that don't need it makes the R button very unconfortable to reach.

If only there was a way to rig the zL and zR buttons to activate the L and R buttons on the DS itself. Maybe I could come up with something and have it 3D printed.

Just got mine in this afternoon; this must be a really limited release - it doesn't come with a branded box. It was just wrapped in plastic inside the shipping box.

Now I just need NOA to actually get some XL colors that are worth a damn so I can use this thing.

Mlatador

Banned
Does the circle pad pro make the XL easier to hold? I'm sure it makes it mammoth, but is it more comfortable?

Yes it does. This thing is great. It adds a little bit more weight (not much), but it makes using the D-Pad much more comfortable, since it's placement on the 3DS's is generally pretty low, so that there is not much left in your palms you can hold onto.
Since the CPP XL makes the 3DS XL thicker (with some nice grips on the back), it improves the usage of the D-Pad (which is great for many E-Shop titles).

dankir

Has anybody seen it at Ebgames yet? I want to finally play through Kid Icarus on my XL.

edit: Oh its Nintendo Online store exclusive.

Just got mine in this afternoon; this must be a really limited release - it doesn't come with a branded box. It was just wrapped in plastic inside the shipping box.

seems like it, I was certainly surprised when I opened the package. Tried it with the MGS3D demo, works well and feels comfortable for the most part, though L trigger feels a bit weird for me.

Top Bottom