• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelation 1 & 2 (Switch) - TGS 2017 Capcom on-stage demonstration

Do we know how Resident Evil Revelations 2 will be handled? Is it a one time use code or is it handled like an update similar to NBA 2K and DOOM where they have updates required for all content? I'm expecting a one time use code but it would be nice to know.

-shadow-

Do we know how Resident Evil Revelations 2 will be handled? Is it a one time use code or is it handled like an update similar to NBA 2K and DOOM where they have updates required for all content? I'm expecting a one time use code but it would be nice to know.
I believe a one time download code was announced. Bye it's Capcom, so who knows...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What's wrong with them? I watched a bit of the combat and it looks fine.
Edit: Oh I see the reload during the Revelations 1 segment had trouble registering.
Looks fine to me as well... What am I missing?

Looks fine to me as well... What am I missing?

If you go to 3:08 there's an instance where they have trouble getting the IR camera reload to work. I wonder if they're doing the motion too quickly? They also have trouble with the knife a few moments after that.

moeman

As long as the aiming works well I'm not too concerned. Like the poster above said, it's difficult to make motion controls work 100% in such a chaotic environment.

It's a e3 on stage type of live presentation, of course things won't go perfectly

I'm sure it will be fine

This is a factor to take into account. And even if the knife and reload don't work flawlessly at least we can still have gyro aiming and just use the button alternatives for them.

Champion

Game looks good to me.
ninja_2.gif

I believe a one time download code was announced. Bye it's Capcom, so who knows...

That's what i was expecting. It's not too big of a deal since I plan on buying it new, but for those that share carts and stuff it would be nice if it was an update. Oh well!

Game looks good to me.
ninja_2.gif

Yeah it seems like a solid port. We have members who played the demo with motion controls and they didn't mention any problems. I'm inclined to believe it's just the enviornment of the stage demo that caused the hiccups during 3:08

J@hranimo

Banned
Motion control stuff seems to always mess up during these live demonstrations. Probably should wait for reviews to see how they fare in normal use.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If you go to 3:08 there's an instance where they have trouble getting the IR camera reload to work. I wonder if they're doing the motion too quickly? They also have trouble with the knife a few moments after that.
Oh i just took it as the random - Skyward Sword E3 messup - when you present those type of games. In general the controls seemed fine.

Not a great way to sell the motion control :/
As long as you can keep the aiming while not having to use the other motions it should be ok.

The same thing happened with one of Sony's on stage VR demonstrations.

The one a few years ago? That was awful, two blind people and no backup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yoqn3RI9x8

Presentation of the two games, which also includes a demonstration of the motion controls for aiming, recharging and knifing (doesn't seem to work very well imo) and Revelation 2 Raid Mode amongst other things.
She didn't look like the most skilled player yet she was hitting most of her shots with the motion aiming.

The only real issue was the knifing. However, it seems she wasn't doing the correct gesture or there was some interference. About reloading i' ll talk about it in the answer below.

Is the reloading IR Camera based? Where did you get that information?

i reloaded in the same way in the Wii version to my amusement. Instead of just shaking the Wii Remote with the weapon out, i would just make the Remote and Nunchuck physically touch each other. That made the sensor pick up the vibration and activate the reload. It seemed to me she was doing the same thing in the presentation?

Before we get further down the Motion Control Rabbit hole. The Wii Version of RE4 had the same gesture controls (not aiming) and they worked perfectly. If that was possible 10 years ago with older tech, let's give the game the benefit of the doubt. Unless Capcom got out of their way to intentionally screw up the controls XD

EDIT:
Thank you.

Can you also provide a link to the impressions, please.

Is the reloading IR based? Where did you get that information.

i reloaded in the same way in the Wii version to my amusement. Instead of just shaking the Wii Remote with the weapon out, i would just make the Remote and Nunchuck physically touch each other. That made the sensor pick up the vibration and activate the reload. It seemed to me she was doing the same thing?

Before we get further down the Motion COntrol Rabbit hole. The Wii Version of RE4 had the same gesture controls and they worked perfectly. If that was possible 10 years ago with older tech, let's give the game the benefit of the doubt. Unless Capcom got out of their way to intentionally screw up the controls XD

DKSvC8gU8AAxUVV.jpg

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
She didn't look like the most skilled player yet she was hitting most of it's shots with the motion aiming.

The only real issue was the knifing. However, it seems she wasn't doing the correct gesture or there was some interference. About reloading i' ll take in the answer below.

Is the reloading IR based? Where did you get that information.

i reloaded in the same way in the Wii version to my amusement. Instead of just shaking the Wii Remote with the weapon out, i would just make the Remote and Nunchuck physically touch each other. That made the sensor pick up the vibration and activate the reload. It seemed to me she was doing the same thing?

Before we get further down the Motion COntrol Rabbit hole. The Wii Version of RE4 had the same gesture controls and they worked perfectly. If that was possible 10 years ago with older tech, let's give the game the benefit of the doubt. Unless Capcom got out of their way to intentionally screw up the controls XD
https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/...tions-2-features-ir-reloading-amiibo-support/

https://abload.de/img/resident-evil-ir-576xvvsgg.jpg[/IG]

Edit: Beaten

18-Volt

This is the least interesting Switch ports so far. Out of all deserving and yet to be on portable Resident Evil games (RE4, RE5, Code Veronica, 1&0 HD versions), they have gone with these. Two games that have already been on a portable platform.

Ridley327

This is the least interesting Switch ports so far. Out of all deserving and yet to be on portable Resident Evil games (RE4, RE5, Code Veronica, 1&0 HD versions), they have gone with these. Two games that have already been on a portable platform.

At least for Rev 2, we're finally getting a good version on a portable system!

Vena

I mean, this is all that they could scrounge up for a token low-effort port to feign support before their investors decapitate them.

Porting RE5 would have actually taken effort.

Fiendcode

We'll get those on Switch eventually too (along with 6 and 7), this is just the start.

I mean, this is all that they could scrounge up for a token low-effort port to feign support before their investors decapitate them.

Porting RE5 would have actually taken effort.

Could have done the Origins collection. REmake + RE0 are both really good modern ports, great games (well 0 is good, I guess) and have more Nintendo history.

But it's Capcom so you know how stupid they are with what games get released where.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The Revelations games aren't bad, I actually really like Revelations 2 despite it being lower budget than most RE game. I enjoyed its mechanics, stages, character-driven story, and on Hard the bigger supply management and scavenging aspects a lot.

Fiendcode

Could have done the Origins collection. REmake + RE0 are both really good modern ports, great games (well 0 is good, I guess) and have more Nintendo history.

But it's Capcom so you know how stupid they are with what games get released where.
This doesn't preclude that. I'm sure there will be plenty more RE ports in Switch's future.

Fiendcode

This is too much confidence for a company like Capcom.

I'm still waiting for my Great Ace Attorney games.
Ports and remasters are about the only thing you can really count on Capcom for today. They're a little late on Switch (and not exactly alone in that) but then they also were on PS4 and XBO.

Speaking of which don't be surprised if AA1-6 show up on Switch too eventually.

Well, unless this flops.
It won't. If half a million people bought $40 SF2, then they'll buy this too.

BizzyBum

I beat Revelations on the 3DS, was 2 any good? Might pick it up if so. Does the Switch version add anything to 1?

-shadow-

Not sure if the person playing is making it a mess or if the actual motion controls are a mess. But... Well that video is a mess...

Seik

Banned
This better be the last "test"

How MH world is not on switch, I won't ever understand

Honestly MH World not on Switch doesn't surprise me that much.

MHXX not getting localized in a timely manner, well not even announced in the west yet, is some deep parallel universe BS. :lol

jorgejjvr

Honestly MH World not on Switch doesn't surprise me that much.

MHXX not getting localized in a timely manner, well not even announced in the west yet, is some deep parallel universe BS. :lol
Just no monster hunter at all on switch, even more specifically on the west is crazy

3ds and wii carried that series for the last couple of years. Feels like a bit of a betrayal.

Plus, with switch the dream came true. I can have my console MH that always wanted BUT still with the portability that also makes sense for that series.

But of course.... not happening as of now

Top Bottom