• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 35: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers |OT| Forever in Fiji

coopolon

Chrissy is the next obvious target though right going by their logic? It's not like not using it avoided making her a target so why not use it and have at least one ally?

I laughed at the strip search and then when he started digging around in the sand at his feet.

kirblar

Chrissy is the next obvious target though right going by their logic? It's not like not using it avoided making her a target so why not use it and have at least one ally?

I laughed at the strip search and then when he started digging around in the sand at his feet.
If Chrissy saves her buddy, she makes it a 3-2 situation where they don't have any plays to get out of the bottom.

Now she's in a 2-2-1 vote where she can swing things if Alan's paranoia causes a fracture. It's a similar situation to what happened with Kass in Cagayan from E1 to E2, but in this case it's more dangerous to Chrissy because Ben could just vote Alan out himself, where the pairs were more solid in S27.

UberTag

Man, just started watching tonight's premiere... Probst just will not shut the hell up.
Dude feels compelled to provide commentary over everything.

There's a happy balance between this and the deathly silence during challenges of the early seasons - his voice is just overpowering all of the other stuff going on now.
Plus, the camera kept focusing on him instead of the castaways as if I care or even want to see how Probst is getting from the boat to the island they're paddling to.

The whole episode felt more like reality TV to me. The tribal vote was edited to trick us and that's simply not fun. Hopefully things get better.

Bubble

Neo Member
I got a feeling that Chrissy is already aligned with Alan/Ben, and that she was never aligned with Katrina in the first place. Of course, it is hard to tell with the episode being as short as it was and without exit interviews.

While I did like the premiere, they should definitely have the premiere be 2 hours long. Though they did set up potensial alliances and story-lines, perhaps a bit too fast.

And I guess Survivor will never stop casting "nerdy super-fans". It has been the first episode, and I can already tell I'm going to be tired of Ryan. Such a tired archetype that really needs to be put to rest.

kirblar

That entire Simone segment seemed like a setup for her to make FTC and take out Ali in the process lol

Joe is really goddamn bad at this game.

kirblar

Simone figures out that there's a Lauren/Patrick crack to exploit.

Simone then goes after the wrong person in it! :p

I was hoping Simone would have stayed partially because it seemed so obvious to me that she was getting voted out, so I wanted a swerve.

NKnight7

Neo Member
That entire Simone segment seemed like a setup for her to make FTC and take out Ali in the process lol

Joe is really goddamn bad at this game.

I've never seen the appeal in telling someone about a hidden immunity idol, or at least the clues for one. I feel like it more often than not hurts a player rather than helps, although I can see why some players think its a good way to build trust and camaraderie with another member of the tribe. I don't think Joe will make it to merge.

Found this funny.

1cnpv7zlpxpz.png

/Reddit

I wish Survivor would quit trying to shove the themes down our throats. "As a healer, I know that blah blah blah." It just sounds so fake whenever someone says something like that.

I roll my eyes every time Jeff brings it up during a tribal council.

Bubble

Neo Member
Good episode. Something so incredibly refreshing about this episode was the amount of character-focus, especially after Game Changers. If it continues in this kind of style, I can see it being one of my favorite recent seasons.

Simone being the 2nd person voted off was kind of disappointing, but there was no way that Ali would target Patrick. I will say this though, Ali is playing a damn solid game so far. Everyone wants to work with her, yet she plays fairly under the radar. Hopefully the swap will be good to her because she's my favorite so far.

Also, I really loved the Chrissy narration when she described the pros and cons about the Heroes members. That scene gave me very winner-vibes in regards to Chrissy.

kirblar

The problem with having two people that are obviously attracted to each other is that everyone else knows they're obviously attracted to each other.

vypek

Ryan always comes off as a guy in school who is a huge nerd and outcast that wants to get in with the cool kids. I feel like I have typed something similar in this thread before but I can't help but see that the way they edit him.

kirblar

Ryan ideally should vote out Patrick here because he's in severe danger of a fire-making tiebreaker if they vote out Lauren and lose the next IC, but he has absolutely no way to know that.

Top Bottom