• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flying Lotus ducks milkshakes, defends The Gaslamp Killer

collige

Banned
This kind of slipped under the radar amidst all of the other sexual assault/harassment allegations coming out recently, but hip-hop producer The Gaslamp Killer was accused of drugging and raping two women in 2013 this week. FlyLo, whose label put out Gaslamp's debut LP, ended his most recent set with a Gaslamp Killer track and then went on to tell the crowd that "The Internet is a fucking liar. Ain't nobody judge and jury but the fuckin' law. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed right now.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
This kind of slipped under the radar amidst all of the other sexual assault/harassment allegations coming out recently, but hip-hop producer The Gaslamp Killer was accused of drugging and raping two women in 2013 this week. FlyLo, whose label put out Gaslamp's debut LP, ended his most recent set with a Gaslamp Killer track and then went on to tell the crowd that "The Internet is a fucking liar. Ain't nobody judge and jury but the fuckin' law. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed right now.

Gaslighting Killer more like it, fuck him and fuck them.

It seems like he's trying to say that people should stay out of it and let the justice system determine if he did it or not. Either way it's still shady that he played his track as a finale. He's walking on thin ice now.

A Facebook page I'm a fan of claims that the victims were there friends and considering that's probably the only serious post they've ever (to my knowledge) made I'm inclined to believe them.

Without context I thought this was going to be a thread about someone throwing actual milkshakes at the two while on stage only for FlyLo to duck them and swat them away from Gaslamp.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Hmmm I just saw Flying Lotus at a small bar in Sitges. Everybody was crowding him to shoot the breeze, I'm glad I didn't.

SoulUnison

Banned
Without context I thought this was going to be a thread about someone throwing actual milkshakes at the two while on stage only for FlyLo to duck them and swat them away from Gaslamp.

I thought it was going to be someone defending an actual serial killer.

"Now I know he did a lot of murder, but he had some good ideas...! Can't you separate the murder from the man?"

Seesaw15

Not every celebrity with a terrible stance on something is a milkshake duck. There usually just assholes.
K6KGZ08.png

Back on topic:
That's a shame Flylo is defending an accused rapist. I get that dudes his friend but he did it in such an un-nuanced manner. As a black person in America Flylo should be able to empathize with a group of people that aren't always served by the justice system and need to speak out to get justice.

J@hranimo

Banned
Holy shit what the fuck. More of these crazy sexual assaulters out here, to hell with them.

But FlyLo...don't be like this. You're one of my fav music artists :(

Damn on all counts. I was just bumping Breakthrough not too long ago.

Whatever happens with this case, it's not a good look for FlyLo to be so dismissive of the alleged victims' claims. No matter how much he knows and has worked with GLK, you can't rule anything out. And while that may not have been his intent, it definitely came across that way on his part.

robotrock

Banned
I really have no idea how some of you guys didn’t know that Flylo was a dick. You’ve never heard the story about him and the milky ways?

Not excusing his behavior by the way, just don’t think it counts as a “milkshake duck”. (Please stop saying milkshake duck)

collige

Banned
I really have no idea how some of you guys didn’t know that Flylo was a dick. You’ve never heard the story about him and the milky ways?

Not excusing his behavior by the way, just don’t think it counts as a “milkshake duck”. (Please stop saying milkshake duck)

Being a dick doesn't necessarily mean dismissing a rape accusation out of hand and the milky way story is a dumb copypasta.

robotrock

Banned

Stencil

Anecdotally, I seem to recall a friend of mine in the music industry recounting some violent vocal rant Gaslamp Killer went on, possibly to a crowd in front of whom he was performing. This was around 2009 and the details are hazy. Stupid story, I know, but personally it left a bad taste in my mouth so I'm not inclined to deny this incident.

Zubz

Banned
Every other Milkshake Duck for me had at least a small bit of warning before finding out they were terrible, like hearing they were an asshole in real life or a suspect retweet. Now here's FlyLo just coming out & defending a perpetrator of assault...

I'm definitely disappointed right now. I don't know if I can go back to his music.

ExVicis

People really want to make this milkshake shit a thing. Bunch of fucking sandpaper mooses.
Yeah, I mean did we really need a new term for "Shitty fucking person"

Back on topic. I kinda get what he's saying but he really picked the worst fucking way to say it.

teepo

this fucker knew

i had known about gaslamp killer being a sexual predator since sometime last year due to my friend who is in the same circle as fly lo. there is no way it didn't get back to him if i fucking knew this

such fucking bullshit

Top Bottom