• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA + Bioware = Sonic RPG for DS

Pachael

Gee, this game'd be fodder for lots of fanfics, I know it.

Actually, now that I think of it, if this was Sega + Bioware for Dreamcast 2, it's be super E3 mega-ton-ton! Um.

Ark-AMN

Banned
I think it'd work if they set it in the universe of the old Saturday morning Sonic cartoon (the dark one) rather than the universe it's built up since then.

JoeFenix

Surely this is a mistake!!!

Maybe he misread Bioware and the game is actualy being developped by Idea Factory or something....CRAZY if true though! :D

ethelred

Magicpaint said:
I still don't know what to think about this.

I mean I have faith in Bioware, but this is... I dunno, Lol.

Hah, that's my reaction here, too.

My first thought was that this was a pretty awful announcement, primarily because it is... very much not what I expected of a Bioware RPG. But then, even if it's a surreal announcement, the game could still certainly be great -- it's not like Bioware's got a lack of talent where RPGs are concerned, and that's actually one genre where Sega hasn't lost much of its old luster... but Sonic? Then again, I suppose omgrite is on point with his statement that no one really expected Squaresoft to make a Mario RPG, either.

So Iunno what to think at this point. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Krowley

Maybe it will use DnD style character development and baldurs gate style gameplay...

That would be so awesome that I might have to borrow my sisters DS and I HATE handhelds.

Just imagine sonic with baldurs gate gameplay.. It's so strange that it would have to be awesome.

Tailzo

MasterMFauli said:
Now please cancel this game and make Skies of Arcadia 2 for Wii, thank you.
I'd love to see Skies 2. But what?? A western developer making a Sonic RPG? I din't understand. Sonic Advenmture was RPG enough. I don't want a game more RPG-ish than that. Also, what? What What? Isn't Sonic Rush Adventure coming?

Krowley said:
Just imagine sonic with baldurs gate gameplay.. It's so strange that it would have to be awesome.

What? I can't imagine that. But... I did like some other competely random weird games, so yeah, maybe?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Tailzo said:
I'd love to see Skies 2. But what?? A western developer making a Sonic RPG? I din't understand. Sonic Advenmture was RPG enough. I don't want a game more RPG-ish than that. Also, what? What What? Isn't Sonic Rush Adventure coming?

This post made no sense.

Some of you really need to learn what logic is.

Nothing you said was related or even true. SA wasn't remotely RPG.

woah that reminds me of when Sonic & Knuckles RPG was rumored for the sega Black Belt/Katana/Dural :D

but back then it would've been awesome... not a furry orgy with shitty friends

For me, this teeters on the fine line between 'So awesome' and 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'.

Of course, this could turn out not to be true, but no big deal.

Tailzo

..pakbeka.. said:
woah that reminds me of when Sonic & Knuckles RPG was rumored for the sega Black Belt/Katana/Dural :D

I thought that became Sonic Adventure?

omg rite said:
This post made no sense.

Some of you really need to learn what logic is.

Nothing you said was related or even true. SA wasn't remotely RPG.

Sorry, I'm very confused right now.

ZeoVGM

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:

It'll never happen, but if there were a Sonic RPG, I want it to be in the SatAM cartoon/comic book universe.

Tailzo said:
I thought that became Sonic Adventure?

Sonic Adventure wasn't remotely an RPG. It had.. adventure elements. No RPG elements.

I'm not sure if I should hope for screens, or if this is one of those "ignorance is bliss" situations. Right now, I'm more puzzled than anything.

Tailzo

omg rite said:
It'll never happen, but if there were a Sonic RPG, I want it to be in the SatAM cartoon/comic book universe.

Sonic Adventure wasn't remotely an RPG. It had.. adventure elements. No RPG elements.
True, but I still thought that it became Sonic Adventure, instead of an RPG?

Also, I don't want a RPG game based on the american comics.

Tailzo said:
True, but I still thought that it became Sonic Adventure, instead of an RPG?

Also, I don't want a RPG game based on the american comics.
yeah, I guess it became Sonic Adventure, since it had a story and cutscenes so I guess Sega was considering calling it Sonic RPG

Tailzo

..pakbeka.. said:
yeah, I guess it became Sonic Adventure, since it had a story and cutscenes so I guess Sega was considering calling it Sonic RPG
+ the upgrades you got for Sonic. Although it had no experience points, random battles and stuff like that. It did have some very nice cutscenes showing the ancestors of Knuckles. I liked that.

+ I have faint memories of a french gaming magazine that wrote about Sonic Adventure before it was released. They seemed pretty sure that Sonic Adventure used to be called Sonic RPG sometime during the developement. I wonder if any french people here could remember it better than myself?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
at least we were given a 30 minute warning of this announcement, so now hopefully the servers wont crash when the actual announcement drops :lol

SEGA+Bioware=RPG on DS sound better for sure. Oh well, with Sonic Rush being a pretty good game maybe there is some hope for this project - maybe the DS is the plattform where SEGA doesn't screw up Sonic.

It has all the indigridents for a colossal screw-up though.

TreIII

duckroll said:
About 10 more glorious minutes. Enjoy the time you have before the end times....

Why should we be enjoying this "lull" time?

Everybody knows that seeing the sparks fly once the moment actually happens is where it's at! :lol :lol

Any way, if we must have some copious amounts of friends, I hope they will at least do something with the old friends we haven't seen in awhile...

Bean the Dynamite (Duck) & Bark the Bear from Sonic the Fighters? Fang the Sniper (Nack the Weasel) from Sonic & Tails 2/Sonic Triple Trouble? The other members of the cast of Chaotix? We already have a pretty sizable cast without needing to either use everyone from the recent games and ESPECIALLY create new ones...

the sonic fans/furrys must have their pants down already
darkressurection said:
Yeah, now they will crash 1min prior:lol
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

66kymig.gif

I have faith in BioWare, but why Sonic? Sega has a million other worthwhile RPG franchises that they've absolutely buried (Panzer Dragoon Saga?), do they really think an RPG by westerners is going to revive him in Japan?

Top Bottom