• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROMETHEUS Full Theatrical Trailer (2:32) + International UK trailer (2:47)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYE

MJqck.png

hmm

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So is this going to be a single movie or the beginning of a new saga? Because there A LOT going on to resolve in just an hour and a half.

OH so Sculli decided to steal fire from the other thread and bring it here did he?
New news new thread.

Kak.efes

Not sure what to think. The trailer looks great, but it's Riddley Scott, and he hasn't made a half decent movie since Gladiator, or a great movie since the 80's.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Looks awesome.

Really think the plot is as the title implies:

Aliens left "beacons" throughout the galaxy, so that if humans stumbled on them, it would send something to Earth to attack humans and bring them back to a primitive state, and this would happen again and again forever. Basically, some sort of weapon that prevents intelligent species from becoming too advanced, without having to keep tabs on them 24/7. This fits with the Prometheus myth, who gave the forbidden fire to mankind and was punished by being tied to a mountain where a bird (logo seen in the trailer, and original alien concept had wings) would forever eat his self-regenerating liver (symbolizing life forms constantly being reduced back to primitive forms when they "heal").

Suairyu

Banned
What's great is that we'll get to see the premier of Prometheus and then in time for Christmas we'll get to see the true, uncut premier on blu ray.

Rules are new threads for new trailers, hence the title of the last thread.
Did you take replace your framed Cameron photo with Scott's yet?

Not sure what to think. The trailer looks great, but it's Riddley Scott, and he hasn't made a half decent movie since Gladiator, or a great movie since the 80's.
Kingdom Of Heaven: Director's Cut is one of the greatest historical epics of all time. Gladiator is a popcorn flick by comparison. It even managed to elevate Orlando Bloom from a "meh" actor to a "competent enough, I suppose" actor.

DMczaf

Just wait for the R-rated cut on Blu-Ray while Fox swears it was shot for a PG-13 when it's in theaters.

Man

Like I speculated in the other thread, I believe the Space Jokeys are wiping out all sentient life in the universe. In the trailer they seemingly send a ship immediately towards earth... 'The king has his reign. And then he dies.'

Edit: Actually the face kinda disconfirms that. They were expecting humans specifically.

Cross posting from other thread...

hj367.png

I believe we know what this is. It can also be seen a few seconds later walking around something as well.

Kingdom of Heaven DC and American Gangster, while Black Hawk Down is a perfectly constructed action movie, although it does have some serious issues in other areas. I thought Body of Lies was alright as well, it got a tad unfairly mauled when it was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom