• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

iFirez

Update is downloading on my PS4 right now. 7.232GB.

Shame I have to go back to work for 4 hours after lunch before I can come and play it.

SomTervo

"Planet rotation – play testing has made it obvious people are struggling to adjust to this during play so it's effects have been reduced further..."

1.03 update

Bizarre. It must mean something? Perhaps the effects are only noticeable over a long period of time? But that can't be right.

So weird.

Edit: regardless, it apparently has barely any impact on gameplay based on what people have said about Elite.

SoundLad

Umm, this looks kinda amazing. I've been looking for a game that I can just smoke and chill with and NMS finally seems to have gotten its shit together so I'm very interested.

Now, should I pick this up on PS4 Pro or PC? Are there any platform-specific problems on either? Just want to pick up the definitive version with the least known bugs.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The ๖ۜBronx;245900114 said:
Isn't this already in the game, or at least something else that mines for you?

well since this is added with this update i'd say no it isn't already in the game.

Lom1lo

The ๖ۜBronx;245900114 said:
Isn't this already in the game, or at least something else that mines for you?

Yeah it is, but its useless the way it is now. I hope this is better

MattAces

Shame I have to go back to work for 4 hours after lunch before I can come and play it.

Oh god 7gb. It's actually bigger than the vanilla games. They weren't kidding with the replaced texture.

SomTervo

Umm, this looks kinda amazing. I've been looking for a game that I can just smoke and chill with and NMS finally seems to have gotten its shit together so I'm very interested.

Now, should I pick this up on PS4 Pro or PC? Are there any platform-specific problems on either? Just want to pick up the definitive version with the least known bugs.

NMS was ALWAYS good for smoke and chill. Now it's just likely a million times better for it!

PC is a bit of a crapshoot. If it works it apparently works well but it's pretty processor intensive and maybe not optimised amazingly.

PS4 vanilla is decent - I can't speak for PS4 Pro though.

iFirez

Proof/confirmation for anyone interested:
w3pdmql.jpg

jiiikoo

Banned
Yup, I'm downloading the update too! It's up on PS4 in EU atleast.

How's the game on PS4Pro? any HDR support? Does it get the new upgraded textures?

HDR support is there. PS4Pro users get a higer res and can toggle between higher FPS or the higher res. It's getting the upgraded textures.

If you can call your ship from anywhere, that makes Survival mode pretty damn easy I'm guessing?
Yeah probably, unless there's a cost.

I play on Permadeath and there were definitely a few times I almost died because I got caught too far from my ship without enough zinc or thamium9.

And in general, a part of the survival loop I enjoy was after to choose how long to 'stay out there' for or when to cut my risk and start heading back...

Being able just call my ship anymore is gonna kinda hurt that, so not sure I personally like the change.

That said... I'm kinda 'past' that anyhow now. My stockpiles large enough I usually never worry about shields much anymore anyhow so probably won't really hurt my experience much, and it sounds like there will plenty of new scary ways to almost die with the new missions or dogfighting content.

elyetis

WTF is left
The secret was that the player was a bleu orb all along, that's clearly what he meant about the only way to know what you look like is for somebody else to see you.

That being said, they do seems to have a good post release support, and it clearly seems like they should get to their original vision sooner that later now.

SoundLad

NMS was ALWAYS good for smoke and chill. Now it's just likely a million times better for it!

PC is a bit of a crapshoot. If it works it apparently works well but it's pretty processor intensive and maybe not optimised amazingly.

PS4 vanilla is decent - I can't speak for PS4 Pro though.

Thanks dude, hoping to hear some feedback from other PS4 Pro users in the coming days. My CPU is a bit old (i7 3770 @ stock) so I'm leaning towards PS4 at the moment.

DemonNite

errr... this looks all sorts of amazing.

I think I might jump back in after putting it down at launch (didn't hate it, it just didn't grab me)

Ferr986

Do I need to make a new save from getting all the new biomes and such? Mind you my save is from vanila NMS.

Also did they added a way to put more slots on a ship? I loved the looks of my ships so I never upgraded it.

Really thinking about getting it digitial. I enyojed vanilla version but sold it because they offered me good money with a PS4 Pro deal and I felt like I already saw it almost everything.

Top Bottom