• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Amir0x

Banned
description.gif

Here we go ho.

__________________________________________________________________________________

CONFERENCE TIMES
__________________________________________________________________________________

Note: All conferences are live via IGN.com/Gamespot

North American Pacific times:

May 9 - 9:30am

North American Eastern times:

May 9 - 12:30

Central European times:

May 9 - 6:30pm

UK times:

May 9 - 5:30pm

Australia Western times:

May 10 - 12:30AM

Australia Eastern times:

May 10 - 2:30AM

Japan times:

May 10 - 1:30AM

WHAT CAN WE EXPECT?

Wii playables, Wii Mario, Wii Pilotwings, Zelda:TP (with new Wii features), Wii connectivity, Wii Virtual Console, Wiimote, Wiivolution, Wiitons, etc...

● Nintendo reveals the last secret for the wiimote - it has a speaker in it. Yeah, it makes sound effects. The square audio outlet is used to deliver "in-your-hand" aural immersion. Since the right-hand Wii-mote is used for direct interaction with objects in the games, Nintendo included the controller speaker to give players direct audio feedback pertaining to do those objects. (L)

Wii -

● Nintendo reveals Super Mario Galaxy for Wii. Not much is known at this point, except that Wiimote apparently allows moves never before possible in Mario titles. With freehand control of all-new moves, such as swinging your hand to bat away objects or grabbing onto stars with the pointer, Super Mario Galaxy looks to communicate perfectly the Wii's stress on delivering games that are "all about the feel." (L, I)
● The first video for Ubisoft's Red Steel is here. Graphically, eh. But it definitely looks interesting. Check it out for yourself. (V)
● Check out the hands-on impressions of Metroid Prime 3. Matt isn't entirely convinced on the control scheme, but it sounds very nice. (V, L, I)
● Nintendo reveals that Zelda: Twilight Princess will be released in TWO different SKUs. One is for Gamecube, that will play exactly like God always intended. The other is the "enhanced" frankenstein-esque creation that combines the Gamecube title with wiimote functionality - sword swinging, arrow shooting and more. Choose which one you want this Fall! (L)
● Namco Bandai announces SD Gundam G Breaker for Nintendo Wii. Looks like every system is getting SOME version of this niche anime/series. I'm not exactly sure what to think! (V)
● Nintendo shows off Fire Emblem for Wii. Woooooo. Not much is known about this strategy RPG from the phenomenal and popular japanese series, but you can watch the video. Be warned: It's just CG. (V)
● Final Furlong for Nintendo Wii is certainly interesting. *ahem*. I guess you could say that. (V)
● Another game revealed for Nintendo's "Wii", Project H.A.M.M.E.R. is not the most polished title on the list. Reggie said it's a game for people who "just like the bash things", which I guess is an appropriate description. (L, V)
● One of the games announced for Nintendo Wii today was Excite Truck. The name is supposedly a sort of homage to Excite bike, which as you all know is a NES classic. Players hold the Wii Remote like an NES controller to control the truck. The 2 button is the accelerator, the 1 button is the brake, the + Control Pad is the turbo. Tilt the Remote right and left like a steering wheel to steer. (L, V)
● Yet another game announcement among Nintendo's exhaustive list, Wii Sports contains a bunch of activities that utilize the Wiimote to maximum capacity. The showpiece was a tennis title, which although sported some "primitive" visuals had everyone very excited due to its functionality. It seemed pretty fun. (L, V)
● I doubt you'll be surprised at this next announcement. Nintendo announces Wario Ware: Smooth Moves for Wii. Yup. It's pretty much a perfect fit - you'll do all sorts of wiggling and waggling and whipping and whooping in a series of quick fire minigames that test your reflexes as well as anything else. As always, Wario Ware is awesome. (L, V)

NDS -

● Nintendo announces Custom Robo DS. So the game was successful enough to warrant bringing to a portable... where is my Pikmin then? Get moving, Nintendo! (V)
● Konami shows off Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for DS. Looks absolutely excellent. Check out the video. (V)
● Oh yeah, this is one of my favorite announcements of the show so far. Nintendo announced Yoshi's Island 2 for the DS. Yeah, a sequel to one of the best platformers ever made. After New Super Mario Bros., who would have thought so much awesome could be contained under one system? But here we are! (V)
● Hotel Dusk: Room 215 looks like a very interesting concept for the Nintendo DS. I'm pretty fond of it myself... check out the latest media. (I)
● Nintendo formally announces Elite Beat Agent Storms DS, for those who wanted Osu! Tatakae! Oendan! for the US. It's not a localized version or a sequel, it's an original game based on that concept. An ex-CIA agent named Commander Kahn scans the world for cries of help. When he finds one, he dispatches the agents, who assist their targets by performing a song and dance. (I, L, V)
● Nintendo announces Starfox DS. You heard right! It's looking pretty tight too, more in line with the classics than the ridiculous abominations that have recently inhabited the franchise. DS is a quality gaming beast. (V, I)
● Nintendo reveals Mario Hoops 3 on 3. Developed by SquareEnix, this is definitely one of the nicer looking games for DS graphically. Hope the gameplay matches. (V)
● So yeah, there's another Pokemon game coming to the US. It's Pokemon Rangers, which I suppose any Pokefanatic would know from its JP release. If any of you are still hanging out to this series while waiting for Diamond/Pearl, give this game a look. (I)
● Nintendo announces a new Kirby game for NDS. There is no title attached, but you can still get a load of the screenshots. (I, I, I)
● Konami announces Death, Jr. and the Science Fair of Doom for DS. Very little is known on this game, but the media will have to do. (I)
● Nintendo reveals Donkey Kong: King of Swing DS. A sequel to the late GBA sleeper hit, In this DS version, Kong has brought along Diddy Kong for all new moves and techniques in the double-character system. A tutorial level has been included to help players understand the game better, and the DS's wireless features are used for up to four swingers to get together (no online play, sadly) and play either with standard wireless or DS Download Play. (L, I, V)
● IGN has some hands-on impressions of the highly anticipated remake of Final Fantasy III for DS. The only game that has yet to come to US shores, the remake abandons the nostalgia graphics and is updated in fully 3D for consumers. (L, I)
● Also hands-on is the US version of Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime from SquareEnix. The game's very action-focused - players hold down the A button and stretch Rocket in the direction they want to attack, and when the button's let go Rocket "snaps" at the enemy with a powerful whack. (I, L)
● Another little surprise for the portable-that-could, Mario vs. Donkey Kong DS has a very attractive look to it. Promising new puzzles that take advantage of the touch screen and many, many levels... this game is one to look for. (I)
● Another new game for the Nintendo DS, DS Air is a Top Gun-esque title with some decent visuals. (V, I)
● IGN has new media for the DS game Magical Vacation 2. The first was quite good to many people, so maybe you're anticipating this. Well, it certainly looks very vibrant and interesting conceptually. (I)

Gamecube -

● Nintendo announces Super Paper Mario for Gamecube. It's like a game that switches from 2D to 3D, to whatever other craziness... not really an RPG this time, but a action platformer. Sorta hard to explain! But it looks freakin' fantastic. You also get to play as Peach and Bowser. (V)
● Nintendo announces DK Bongo Blast for Gamecube. Well... at least they're still trying to support this ol' rusty system of mine. I appreciate it anyway! Check out the latest media. (V)
● Nintendo reveals that Zelda: Twilight Princess will be released in TWO different SKUs. One is for Gamecube, that will play exactly like God always intended. The other is the "enhanced" frankenstein-esque creation that combines the Gamecube title with wiimote functionality - sword swinging, arrow shooting and more. Choose which one you want this Fall! (L)

Speevy

Banned
My top 5

1) Pikmin 3 (hopefully)
2) Super Smash Brothers Wii
3) Animal Crossing Wii
4) Mario Wii
5) Zelda Twilght Princess

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
omg can't believe the conference is almost there.

no more Aries

no more cryptic bullshit

no more speculation

the real deal :eek:

Maridia

It's nice to finally see this.

MY TOP 5:
1. Mario Revolution
2. Metroid Prime 3 (probably my most anticipated game of all time, but I really want to see what they do with the Wiimote in Mario.)
3. Zelda TP
4. Zelda PH
5. Red Steel

Aryuken

Banned
What can i say about Nintendo's wii that hasn't been said already about afeganistan? It looks bombed out and depleted

/hater

Cmon man, lets see that wii mote being used in some games. I'm excited to see it in action.

unifin

anyone else looking forward to new TP stuff just as much/more than some of the Wii stuff?

EVEN CLOSER NOW.

Wollan

Kojima's secret Wii game is Metal Gear Alaska.
You live life as a retired Solid Snake(before the events of MGS1). You make your living by hunting and selling the catch to the local store. You have to keep up with your house, chop wood and so forth. Every night you may go to the local pub and strip bar where Snake secretly enjoy creating trouble and fighting hard odds, shaking up the local lumberjack gangs. Every month there is a husky race which you may join but remember to train your dogs in time!

It's like a mix between Road House/Deer Hunter & Animal Crossing set in the universe of Metal Gear.

Super Smash Brothers

I can't wait!

Fear me luigi, for I shall kill you hundreds upon hundreds of times you stupid green bastard *shakes fist*

Speevy said:
My top 5

1) Pikmin 3 (hopefully)
3) Animal Crossing Wii
4) Mario Wii
That's very, very similar to mine, except for the Animal Crossing part. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the game is like, but it's not a huge priority for me. Replace it with Metroid Prime 3 and juggle the order around, and those are my top 5.

Odysseus

Banned
CoolTrick said:
Is it some kind of rule now that only mods or so can post official threads? Wanted for clarification.

If you posted one with actual content and, more importantly, managed to spell Conference correctly, perhaps yours would have stood the test of time.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
1) Mario Wii
2) Pilotwiings
3) Pikmin 3
4) Smash Bros.
5) Metroid Prime 3/TP

Shinoobi said:
Who wants to bet they'll play "We Will Rock You" some time during the conference?

Me just being a jerk, but shouldn't that be Wii Will Rock You? :lol

"Wiiiiiiii Will, Wiiiiiiii Will Rock You..."

Sorry, I still can't get over the name...

Ponn

Banned
Speevy said:
My top 5

1) Pikmin 3 (hopefully)
3) Animal Crossing Wii
4) Mario Wii

My top 5

1) Mario Paint
2) Animal Crossing
3) Arcade type system with games already announced (nes, snes, n64, turbo duo) but also garage type stuff and I would love to see some board game type games. Like Monopoly, Star Wars monoply, card games, Scene IT, Pictionary, win lose or draw, stuff like that.
4) chat rooms with graffiti boards
5)some fuck awesome amazing game I never would have thought of.

Akia

CoolTrick said:
Is it some kind of rule now that only mods or so can post official threads? Wanted for clarification.

He just does them better than you. I'm sure if someone had an official thread out before Amir0x and the thread really freaking good. He'd leave it open.

You also have to factor in that Amir0x updates the OP like a madman. Plus he has experience. Why try to fix something that ain't broken.

my top 5:
1) new SSMB
2) Metroid Prime 3
3) Super Mario 128 (or what ever the new name is going to be)
4) Red Steel
5) MOTHER 3
please?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
1. Mario 128 (you had better fucking show this, Nintendo! *shakes fist*)
2. SSB Wii
3. Zelda: TP (fuck off. I don't care if it IS a GC game :mad: )
4. Donkey Kong Wii
5. Pilot Wings Wii

Actually, 1,2, and 3 are practically the same in terms of anticipation, but the first two I haven't seen, so they get priority this time.

Top 5:

1.) Zelda: Twilight Princess
2.) Smash Bros. Wii
3.) Mario Wii
4.) The Wii itself (secret functions, etc)
5.) Metroid Prime 3

Trurl

Banned
whatdidyousay said:
Me just being a jerk, but shouldn't that be Wii Will Rock You? :lol

"Wiiiiiiii Will, Wiiiiiiii Will Rock You..."

Sorry, I still can't get over the name...
Really the whole song needs to be rewritten to fit with Nintendo's conference.

I'll start. The changes are underlined:

Buddy you’re a boy make a big noise
Playin’ in the street gonna be a big man some day
You got mud on yo’ face
You big disgrace
Kickin’ your can all over the place

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Buddy you’re a young man hard man
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
You got blood on yo’ face
You big disgrace
Wavin’ your wiimote all over the place

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Buddy you’re an old man poor man
Pleadin’ with your eyes gonna make you some peace some day

You got mud on your face
You big disgrace
Somebody better put you back in your place

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
One rule: They HAVE to show a Mario for this system.

Otherwise, they can play around and show what they want to show. The more, the better.

And am I the only huge Nintendo fan who just can't get into SSBM?

Trurl said:
Really the whole song needs to be rewritten to fit with Nintendo's conference.

I'll start. The changes are underlined:

Buddy you’re a boy make a big noise
Playin’ in the street gonna be a big man some day
You got mud on yo’ face
You big disgrace
Kickin’ your can all over the place

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Buddy you’re a young man hard man
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
You got blood on yo’ face
You big disgrace
Wavin’ your wiimote all over the place

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Buddy you’re an old man poor man
Pleadin’ with your eyes gonna make you some peace some day

You got mud on your face
You big disgrace
Somebody better put you back in your place

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

HA! Nice job! I hate the name, I absolutely can't stand it, but I'm really, really excited about the console...I hope Nintendo's able to pull it off...

Zweisy1

Top 5:

1 - Mario Wii.
2 - Metroid Dread.
3 - Pikmin 3. Pikmin 2 was probably my favourite game on the cube.
4 - Donkey Kong Wii. I thought Jungle Beat was great.. more DK platforming from the same team would rock.
5 - F-Zero DS. Make it like F-Zero X but with more tracks and online play and I would be in heaven.

Top Bottom