• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Don't understand how that change would make you wanna play as him.
If I'm understanding it correctly, it's a pure nerf since it means you're not guaranteed to damage/kill the first minion, right? I think there was the earlier highlander extension mentioned though, so Yi gets the speedboost for evar.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So basically they switched it back to the old Alpha Strike.

Blizzard

Banned
Ahri is really fun. Is she overpowered? Because it feels that way.
Let's put it this way -- one or more of her abilities used to cost less mana, and her ult dashes could be used closer together. She could turret dive to kill and leave safely through the jungle BEHIND the turret. Even after 2-3 nerfs I feel like she's quite powerful.

Also, I feel like Soraka has been nerfed 4+ times in the last month or two. Maybe someone agrees with that GAF person who was like, rawr anger, delete Soraka from the game.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The Bunny Riven art apparently drove some people nuts because of the both breasts + both buttocks visible at the same time thing. Presumably you can't have that unless you're a contortionist.
I feel like the default Morgana art is like that too. I'm always confused how she is facing away from me and also facing me.

Blizzard

Banned
8-1 ahri loss :( that sucks. I hate when that happens. You put up a good game but the rest of the lanes lose hard and it's a quick forfeit.

Gratz on breaking the streak though :)
What really sucks is when you have like 20+ kills, less than 10 deaths, and still lose. Of course, if you complain about it then people will then tell you that you should have been carrying and it's your fault you weren't good enough to save your team (which is perhaps true). =P

I think I have never gone over 11 deaths in ranked games, and I've probably played a lot of ranked games, and it boggles my mind how some people manage to die so much.

Comic books have similar problems.

These girls must have all sorts of spine deformations.
I actually wondered if the Riven bunny was intended as a tribute/parody of pictures like that, or a similar famous picture (Wonder Woman?).

I lose a ton, and maybe you don't, so you might not want to listen to my advice. But:

If you're on a losing streak with 6 different champions in 6 different games, try doing 5-10 games in a row with the same champion instead (unless you absolutely have to play another role). That way at least you can build up some consistency with one champion, and if you can consistently win your lane then (in theory, unless you run into a counter or a good player) your teams should have a higher chance of winning than otherwise. Or something.

Ken

Yeah, I should probably stick to one champ for several games. I tend to take whichever lane lost in the previous game so if my mid lane lost last game, I'd try Ahri mid next. Not really sure why I do it but I'll probably start sticking to one or two champs depending on what roles are taken.

DTKT

Let's put it this way -- one or more of her abilities used to cost less mana, and her ult dashes could be used closer together. She could turret dive to kill and leave safely through the jungle BEHIND the turret. Even after 2-3 nerfs I feel like she's quite powerful.

Also, I feel like Soraka has been nerfed 4+ times in the last month or two. Maybe someone agrees with that GAF person who was like, rawr anger, delete Soraka from the game.

It seems that Riot doesn't like heal comps.

XeroSauce

What really sucks is when you have like 20+ kills, less than 10 deaths, and still lose. Of course, if you complain about it then people will then tell you that you should have been carrying and it's your fault you weren't good enough to save your team (which is perhaps true). =P

I think I have never gone over 11 deaths in ranked games, and I've probably played a lot of ranked games, and it boggles my mind how some people manage to die so much.

I actually wondered if the Riven bunny was intended as a tribute/parody of pictures like that, or a similar famous picture (Wonder Woman?).

I lose a ton, and maybe you don't, so you might not want to listen to my advice. But:

If you're on a losing streak with 6 different champions in 6 different games, try doing 5-10 games in a row with the same champion instead (unless you absolutely have to play another role). That way at least you can build up some consistency with one champion, and if you can consistently win your lane then (in theory, unless you run into a counter or a good player) your teams should have a higher chance of winning than otherwise. Or something.

The whole skin is a joke/slander, the community came up with a ridiculous idea, and Riot followed through by having Riven destroy the bunny house instead of some sexy pose or something. That's my guess.

I mean, when you saw the Bunny Riven thread, you didn't really think it'd happen.

Ferrio

Banned
The whole skin is a joke/slander, the community came up with a ridiculous idea, and Riot followed through by having Riven destroy the bunny house instead of some sexy pose or something. That's my guess.

I mean, when you saw the Bunny Riven thread, you didn't really think it'd happen.

I did... too many replies including reds.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It seems that Riot doesn't like heal comps.
Soraka is the most powerful support right now, and it doesn't surprise me that she would be nerfed. Most people just don't realize it because of Janna blinders.

garath

Yeah, I know that feeling. I love trying out different champs. I own a bunch I've never even tried but if I get on a losing streak I always go back to Kassadin. Short of one of the hard counters (damn blind pick), I can usually carry the game and at least finish feeling like I've done my part. At the very least I go back to my favorite role of AP mid. Got a few champions I'm pretty comfortable with there.

Next is the schoolgirl Ahri. Mark my words. That'll happen.

Soraka is the most powerful support right now, and it doesn't surprise me that she would be nerfed. Most people just don't realize it because of Janna blinders.

Soraka's much better in Solo Q than Janna since Janna doesn't win lanes.

In competitive play, that 3% move speed buff is completely broken. Win your lane because you were Olaf and you had 2 free move speed quints on Vlad/Lee Sin/Rumble? OP doesn't even cover it.

Ken

How does one play support Soraka? Just harass with her silence and keep her laning partner healed up? I should probably get her for games where I have to play support.

dimb

How does one play support Soraka? Just harass with her silence and keep her laning partner healed up? I should probably get her for games where I have to play support.
I usually have to tell my laning partner to ability spam. Somehow a lot of people still don't understand just how much mana new Soraka gives a lane partner. Work to control the lane with the health advantage, hit your heals right when your teammate starts trading/taking damage. If you're going deep into the lane have proper ward coverage to prevent ganks down bottom. The armor from her heal is crazy for mitigating damage during fights. The survivability she provides to her team is really huge if you take advantage of that fact.
Soraka got nerfed because she doesn't lose solomid. It had nothing to do with her support ability.
The armor boost is pretty insignificant mid lane when you're looking at AP vs. AP matchups. It's clearly a nerf to her as a support.

y2dvd

Our 2nd pick picks Shaco jungle. Entire team communicating in chat except last pick. Every role filled up. Last pick goes Rammus with tp and smite. Freakin trolls. -_-

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Am I crazy for trying to build a CDR item or two on Karth? I feel like the more I can drop the hammer with my global Ult per match the better.

Blizzard

Banned
Am I crazy for trying to build a CDR item or two on Karth? I feel like the more I can drop the hammer with my global Ult per match the better.
That's one build strategy for him, and I suppose another is CDR runes and blue buff.

My problem is that even when I build AP and void staff or something, I ult and it does like 250 damage and my team points and laughs and says my damage is so small and then I cry. :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
CDR is good for champions that constantly spam their abilities. Karthus has one ability that is toggled and one that has no CD.

You're better off having an ult that hits harder than one that hits more often, because I doubt you'll be casting it at every fight.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Morello's after the patch will be a damn nice CDR item for aps now.

It does nothing for your other abilities. If you're doing well, I could see picking up Morello's after RoA and Rabadon's.

CDR is good for champions that constantly spam their abilities. Karthus has one ability that is toggled and one that has no CD.

You're better off having an ult that hits harder than one that hits more often, because I doubt you'll be casting it at every fight.

The one CDR item I get is Morellos because it also gives me AP to go with the CDR. Plus I still get the extra AP from Rab's Passive.

Maybe that money is better spent else where though I guess.

Ferrio

Banned
The one CDR item I get is Morellos because it also gives me AP to go with the CDR. Plus I still get the extra AP from Rab's Passive.

Maybe that money is better spent else where though I guess.

Ya. a Wota is far more beneficial for him. Cheaper, and more AP plus spell vamp. Who knows after the patch though.

Be the best person in the game, carry 15/3 as Ezreal.

Lose because of a bad mid and jungler, get reported for building a banshee's veil instead of a third BT.

Fuck you community.

dimb

Going into a game versus a jungle Nidalee. No idea what to expect but she has a witch skin.

Wow, just tried some smurfing on a level 7 account. 30/1/1 as Nunu. I guess it worked.

I forgot how bad people are when they start. From Ashe trying to damage me with Hawkshot to Kog standing still and letting me autoattack him for FB. It was a magical experience.

Boken

Banned
No I mean the mood it sets.

Whenever a team loses they just parrot stupid reasons for losing and spam report like some BR.

We lose, bad team, noob, report, report, report, report plz, im feeding now.

Yes those people are dumb and will never get better because they have no team management

dimb

I saw a pretty convincing AP Naut mid, probably helped that he played versus a Veigar. I tried out support Annie in ranked because I'm a crazy person and it turned out kind of well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom