• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

JDHarbs

Platforms | PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One
Developer | IllFonic
Publisher | Gun Media
Release Date | May 26, 2017
Links | Website, YouTube, Twitter
Steam Group | JasonGAF
PS4 Group | Friday the 13th NeoGAF

hczaLiu.png

UMu7Jox.png

T8vpApR.png

3qoVMDV.png

ReKnqgp.png

F.A.Q. said:
Source: http://f13game.com/faq/

What kind of release information can you give me?

Friday the 13th: The Game will launch on 5/26/17 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. You can pre-order the game as either a digital download or a physical disc.

Does the game have single player?

The game will include single player, however it will come as an update in Summer 2017. We originally started as a multiplayer only game but were able to secure additional funding to expand the game. Single player will consist of objective-based missions where you take control of Jason. You'll get to see missions that will remind you of the movies, as well as entirely new scenarios to sink your machete into!

We will also include offline counselor bots that you'll be able to fight against without needing an online connection!

So what is the price?

The digital version of the game is $40USD while the physical edition is $60USD. You will get the multiplayer portion of the game in early 2017 with the single player portion being patched in during the summer of 2017.

Are there any differences between physical and digital?

No, the cost disparity is simply our team trying to pass on savings to our fans as it costs less to email a game download key rather than create, package and ship a physical item.

Where can I play the game?

We plan on launching wherever Xbox One and PlayStation 4 devices are sold. Those with access to Steam will be able to buy the game on that platform and play as well.

What will the rating of the game be?

We fully anticipate being an M Rating for the ESRB and PEGI 18 with equivalent ratings in respective countries that do not utilize either rating system.

Will I need an internet connection to play?

Until single player launches, you will need online services to play Friday the 13th: The Game. Xbox Live, PlayStation Plus and Steam are all required to play the game. This will change when single player goes live; an internet connection will not be necessary after downloading the single player update.

Will the game be cross-platform?

We hope to make this cross-platform between all three launch platforms, however there are quite a few logistical issue to solve before we can confirm. Some of which are out of our control.

How is the beta going to work?

The beta already occurred and ended on Dec. 25th, 2016. It was an immense help from our community and feedback from the beta has already been implemented into development changes for the game! We have no plans for a further beta at this time.

Which Jason costumes are in the game?

Jason from Part 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 and 9 will all make an appearance. We also have an entirely new design coming from SFX-legend Tom Savini that can be pre-ordered on our site! We can't do Jason from Freddy vs Jason due to licensing restraints.

What kind of plans do you have for DLC?

Our team is making this game as a passion project and we fully hope to expand the game after launch. We haven't announced specific plans as of yet, but we hope to make this the end-all-be-all of Friday the 13th games!

I've seen a ‘Virtual Cabin, ' for sale, what is that?

Friday the 13th is an incredibly large franchise that has spanned over 12 movies since 1980. The Virtual Cabin has been designed as a museum to the killer and camp that we've all grown to love. It is a stand-alone interactive dev-diary/museum to Friday the 13th that you can explore, check out new information from the team and get a glimpse of what we're all working on to bring this game to life!

I'm interested in the collector's edition, what all comes with it?

The collector's edition will include a special steel-case as well as a special art slipcover. However, it will not include anything else as we are offering an a la carte ordering system. The price, we understand is rather high, but we wanted to offer something for diehard fans of the franchise. We do not get the major discounts that other publishers get as we are a small team making very limited orders. Hope you support with our very limited edition cases!

I want to pre-order on Xbox Live, Steam, PlayStation Network or a retailer like GameStop or Best Buy. When can I do that?

Right now, the only place to pre-order is through our site. However, we intend to offer the game for pre-order on Xbox Live, Steam and PSN. We also intend to be at physical retail locations as well. More news on that coming soon!

Will you launch for Mac?

We're pretty confident the game will be playable on Mac, however we have not 100% confirmed that just yet.

I see a lot of stretch goals, are you going to add them in?

We officially ended our funding campaign on July 8th, 2016. Now that we've confirmed single player and the inclusion of Tommy Jarvis as a playable character, we hope to add more and more content. However, nothing solid in terms of plans just yet, but we'll discuss more later!

Damn Kenny is a dreamboat. Great work on a clean OT. Sad I can't dig into this as I have to work this weekend but at least I get to start it up on Monday. Been avoiding the streams so far.

Hopefully some kinks get worked out over the weekend while I'm away

Linkin112

Damn, I didn't know this was $40. That seems a little much for what it is, especially in its current multiplayer only form

Scotia

Banned
Might get this. Saw some streams from the beta and it looked really fun.

Quick question though, can you play as the counselors in offline mode or are your forced to play as Jason?

gamz

Saw some streams of this today and it looked way better then I thought. I'll wait for feedback before I pay 40 bucks.

tav7623

Might get this. Saw some streams from the beta and it looked really fun.

Quick question though, can you play as the counselors in offline mode or are your forced to play as Jason?

As of right now we don't really know cause there currently isn't an offline mode for the game (though the game's devs have said that it will be coming along with the single player mode some time this summer)

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
preloaded and friday the 13th nes remix playlist ready lets do this

Watched some streams. Looks fun, though definitely not polished.

streamers had a preview build no telling what theyve changed for final release tomorrow with the patch

Scotia

Banned
As of right now we don't really know cause there currently isn't an offline mode for the game (though the game's devs have said that it will be coming along with the single player mode some time this summer)

OK, fair enough. Thanks.

Pilgrimzero

Beta was fun as hell and that was with less abilities and only 2 maps.

Totally worth the cost.

Wish I had picked up the Savini skin and extra character clothes, I thought they were always available.

Is it supped to making fun of Evolved? There was a lot of good ones, this really wasn't one of them imo

Well the title of EvOLVE worked well because it was 1(E) v 4 (OLVE), This title kinda misses the point on that :(.

Ah well, the OT itself is great and the game looks great, that's all that matters.

gagecube

Banned
Part of me is excited because I want a game developed in my city to be successful, I preordered via steam, but I'm afraid it isn't going to deliver or have much longevity

ryan13ts

The game still doesn't appear to be up on Xbox store for preorder, even though it's suppose to be coming out in a few hours.

This is launching on consoles at midnight/tomorrow, right?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
works pretty well im sure at some point if we got to friday the 13th part 26 there most likely would of been a jason evolved cant be that far off from jason x (also please give me a jason x skin at some point)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The game still doesn't appear to be up on Xbox store for preorder, even though it's suppose to be coming out in a few hours.

It's not on PSN either. So I guess....we'll have to buy the single player then. Free with preorders my ass lol.

JDHarbs

I was a bit rushed with the title since I thought it released midnight tomorrow, not today. Couldn't read through the ones listed as I was at work so I improvised. I wanted to reference the original game with "You and Your Friends Are Dead." but forgot it was already in the OT lol

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

There won't be pre orders or pre load on consoles. It'll be up at midnight EST on XB1 and 11AM EST on PS4.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
There won't be pre orders or pre load on consoles. It'll be up at midnight EST on XB1 and 11AM EST on PS4.

That's legit horseshit, considering that preordering nets you a huge chunk of the game for free. This money grabbing bullshit is seriously making me reconsider my purchase. What the fuck?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
That's legit horseshit, considering that preordering nets you a huge chunk of the game for free. This money grabbing bullshit is seriously making me reconsider my purchase. What the fuck?
They would have had to delay the game until late June in order to have pre orders on consoles.

But what do you mean by the bolded?

bitbydeath

I hope this is successful so we can get an Elm Street game next. They could make it like Rainbow 6 where you prepare the area before going to sleep.

Anyone know how much this costs in Australian Dollars?

Top Bottom