• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

edbrat

even after hundreds of hours on wii u its still amazing.

Won't connect to my domestic wifi router for some reason, playing online on my mobile hotspot it wigs out just enough to piss me off off but not quite enough to stop me playing.

Mandelbo

By the way, according to the help menu you can only do the pink drift if you don't have smart steering on. If you're having trouble doing it, that might be why.

Mariolee

Wow, so even though Amazon promised same day delivery it turns out Mario Kart won't be here until tomorrow. :(

Is there some kind of recompense I can get for them being late, even though it's only a day. I can't wait!

ryushe

Because it's much easier to get fucked.

I've always hated the "hold item behind you while you collect another one" meta from the previous Mario Karts and this system is essentially the same. I was super happy when MK8 did away with it, but now they brought it back and I remembered why I disliked it in the first place.

Still loving the game, mind you. I've just never been a fan of this mechanic.

Everyone pay careful attention to the "Kart body" icons in the Kart selection screen! It can tell you the difference between inside drift bikes and standard bikes, and the difference between karts and ATVs.

Wow, so even though Amazon promised same day delivery it turns out Mario Kart won't be here until tomorrow. :(

Is there some kind of recompense I can get for them being late, even though it's only a day. I can't wait!

Call customer service. They'll usually credit you a few bucks for the inconvenience.

Send an email or chat with someone in their help section. Explain your disappointment.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
By the way, according to the help menu you can only do the pink drift if you don't have smart steering on. If you're having trouble doing it, that might be why.
That explains why I wasn't able to do it in the first gp I did. I turned it off after that though because it actually kinda fucked me up on certain instances. I'M GOING OFF TRACK ON PURPOSE STUPID GAME.

Xdrive05

Has anyone tried the LAN yet? That seems like the big deal here, considering Switch's portability. Like, how easy is it for a few people to bring their Switches to someone else's house and LAN with the docked console in the livingroom?

Can one Switch be multiplayer split screen while LAN'ed to other handheld Switches, and everyone in the same race/battle?

Berordn

Has anyone tried the LAN yet? That seems like the big deal here, considering Switch's portability. Like, how easy is it for a few people to bring their Switches to someone else's house and LAN with the docked console in the livingroom?

Can one Switch be multiplayer split screen while LAN'ed to other handheld Switches, and everyone in the same race/battle?

I plan on testing some of this later today, but I'm fairly certain a docked switch can connect with multiple handheld Switches.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Beyond Yoshi Circuit, what is your favorite time trial track? Or the one you play online with no objects on pure racing skills?

Finally got my "Ready For Pickup Today" notification from Best Buy. Whew! Got a bit worried there.

Best Buy continues to have never let me down with video game orders, unlike Amazon which it seems has been sucking ass for the last year or so.

Animal Crossing track is so pretty. I mean, it already looked great on the Wii U, but it looks even better now.

If they don't use those assets for Animal Crossing Switch I'll kill someone.

Firebrand

I'm choosing to acknowledge all the characters I thought were wastes last time around.

Cat Peach in the Cat Cruiser is putting in work!

I'm new to MK8. First reaction to roster: Why are there so many goddamn babies?!

(7 koopa kids (well, 8, now, if you acknowledge that bastard Jr), is fine though, they're classics.)

Wiggler, Coconut Mall, Koopa Cape pls.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm new to MK8. First reaction to roster: Why are there so many goddamn babies?!

(7 koopa kids (well, 8, now, if you acknowledge that bastard Jr), is fine though, they're classics.)

The babies do suck. Mario, Luigi, and Peach are fine since they were from Yoshi's Island and YI:DS but Daisy and Rosalina are super dumb. Don't even get me started on Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach.

faint.

>Arriving today by 8PM
>Not yet shipped

I don't like how the "release day shipping" I'm paying Amazon for is becoming more of a gamble than a guarantee.

Contact Amazon support. This happened with my copy of GoW4 and they gave me a full digital download at no cost + original order. I'm not saying this will happen to you, but Amazon support is great when their services aren't living up to what you're paying for.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I really hope the next MK just goes all out with the roster, ditches the wastes of spaces, and gives us a Smash style roster. They've already started with the likes of Link and Inklings. Go all the way with it.

Yeah, Amazon borked my release day delivery.

Thankfully I was able to cancel - went with store pickup at Walmart instead.

$10 out the window, but hey, I feel like playing tonight.

Enforced

My copy has been shipped! Hype!
CedDTwk.gif

Was worried Amazon will screw me over after reading the posts here.

Hero

Sorry if this has been explained but why can't we use the joycon grip with online or local wireless play with 2+ players?

13ruce

Banned
If they do dlc then the price should be as cheap as last time imo. With a discount bundle again.

Maybe 2 battlemode courses per pack aswell.

Is there a detailed guide anywhere regarding kart customization/stats? I seem to remember little details like the acceleration value only counts when it fills a full segment of the bar? I am sure there are other little details that would be good to know.

Haha yeeeeeeep it's ridiculous.... but after three long years I'm finally ready to begrudgingly accept how absolutely terrible the character roster is and even start using some of them.
The various horns are novel at least.

Top Bottom