• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix patch 1.04 now available

Link.

Square Enix has updated Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix to version 1.04.

The update includes the following changes:

Fixed enemy / ally teleportation issue in Kingdom Hearts II.
Adjusted magnetic force of commands such as Magnet in Kingdom Hearts II.
Fixed various other issues.

Fixes the few bugs that happened after the big patch a few weeks ago that fixed pretty much everything bug related in this game.

Vashetti

Banned
It's in development.

Ir22rw3.png

Andrefpvs

Incredible. Other than the downsampling situation, they're really surprising me with their commitment to make this the definitive version of the games.

I'll wait for that pastebin from the pros to see if everything's been fixed.

JayEH

Mostly everything is fixed that they fucked up last patch. Was watching a bit of bizkit047's stream and a couple of minor things persist like Luxord's card jump and Marluxia during his wheel DM turns much quicker which makes it harder to follow him but it's nothing fight breaking for both.

I really appreciate all the patches they've done so far. I thought the 1.03 would be the last patch.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm so glad they're actually treating this collection with the respect and attention it deserves.

Andrefpvs

There's always a catch.

I had a look at the "new bug" in action, and all it does is make a certain boss turn more smoothly when doing a wheeling animation, making him more threatening during that phase instead of easily avoidable. I'd say it even improves the fight.

Given that, I'd say this patch is a success. Looking at the relevant bugs that remain, there are:

• (KH2) Some bugs that were present in the original PS2 version, therefore unlikely to be fixed.
  • (KH2) A certain boss reacts differently when hit with an element he dislikes at a certain point of the fight (it looks evasive, so it even fits the moment. People aren't sure if this is an intentional change).
  • (KH2) A certain boss's attack gets stuck instead of completing (this was introduced in 1.03).
  • (KH2) One of Sora's Limit Breaks lasts longer in the English version than in the Japanese version. This was already in the PS3 version and may even benefit the player.
  • (KH1) A certain boss's desperation move is too fast.
    [*] (KH1) The game can (rarely) randomly crash.
    [*] (KH1 + KH2) Some sounds and battle quotes never play.

In italics are the bugs that probably can be fixed. In bold, are the bugs that should definitely be fixed, because they hurt the experience. We've come a long way from the gigantic list of bugs that plagued the original release, which is very good!

If the bolded bugs are fixed, then there really can be no doubt that these are the definitive versions of the games. I really hope Square-Enix deliver one last time, they've been great with their support so far.

(also pls add soft-reset to KH2, thanks)

Top Bottom