• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale Season 2 |OT| Something Wicked This Way Comes

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Late Watching!
- This plot feels very Riverdale. The gang gets together to save Pop's...because there was an attempted murder there. Lol
- New Reggie got a swagger to him. I like it.
- This is some next level blackmail by Betty. Jeez. #DarkBettyBegins
- Song choice is good for the Pussycat performance
- Major Zodiac vibes off these killings now

Damn, this show has gotten crazy dark. Who the hell is the killer?

Veronica's parents are fucked up although it is a bit expected. Cheryl's mom is pretty creepy with that headwrap. Jughead is getting in too deep with the Serpents. Archie is slowly lsoing it and I can only imagine what the end result with that gun could be.

I didn't expect them to kill off Moose of all people but I guess the limited screen time he had didn't do him any favors. I do like the new Reggie though.

Lol at Season of the Witch playing at the end. They're not stopping with those Sabrina teases.

eihcra did it.
i'm going with that's really jason who had a body double. you know beat up face who that.
or just betty's dad. he's been gone for awhile. since he knows archie fooled around with grundy.

If you told me five years ago that this combination was gonna be one of the most compelling on television, I would have laughed my ass off:

bcpnews-myth-trumps-fact-in-david-fincher-s-enigmatic-zodiac-20161130

x

ZeroX03

Banned
So do we think this killer arc is going to last the whole season? I'm digging it, but there's only so many bodies you can drop.

I really doubt they'll try and stretch it 22 episodes. I would guess we're looking at a few mini arcs like are all the rage right now. We've got the serial killer and Sabrina at least.

Also we have a casting description for Sabrina:
Female, Open Ethnicity, to play 16.

Sabrina is an half-human, half-witch,empowered young woman just beginning her dark education as a sorceress, even as she tries to maintain a normal life as a sophomore at Baxter High. Sabrina's intelligent, compassionate, and brave to the point of recklessness.

She is fiercely loyal to her family and friends; wickedly funny and in the middle of a star-crossed romance with her classmate Harvey Kinkle.She challenges witch-doctrine at every turn. She is all that stands between us an the Forces of Darkness that threaten our world.

VeeP

So do we think this killer arc is going to last the whole season? I'm digging it, but there's only so many bodies you can drop.

My guess: We'll 100% know who the killer is by the midseason finale, but probably before that. There's a chance they might wrap up the killer plot line by then, and in the second half of the season push the serpent plot line more or something.

ShadyK54

My guess: We'll 100% know who the killer is by the midseason finale, but probably before that. There's a chance they might wrap up the killer plot line by then, and in the second half of the season push the serpent plot line more or something.

This is what I'm hoping for. Unrelated, but after how Flash dragged out last season's reveal, I'd like for it to be wrapped up at the right time.

ryseing

- CW event of the week shit is back!

- Mark Consuelos is so friggin good. Gatdamn. Buying Pops and getting rid of Smithers in one fell swoop is impressive.

- "We do not want to be in bed with a snake charmer." Season needs more villains than Hiram and the killer I suppose.

Please think of a better name for your fake drug than Jingle jangle kthx.

And holy shit the Zodiac ending with Season of the Witch.

It was just a prank bro, why you attacking me just because I pretended to be the guy that shot your dad.

Instead of Sabrina, the spinoff should be Reggie getting famous and making YT prank videos.

That phone call from F.P. Definitely reads as setup for the back half of the season. Something where they find the killer and than Jughead is manipulated into hiding evidence through her.

Fou-Lu

This season is shaping up to be way more interesting for me personally than the first. I loved both episodes so far.

ZeroX03

Banned
The only thing I'm worried about Mark Consuelos is that he's relatively normal sized compared to all the CW young studs so it's going to look weird when he's terrifying an Archie who is twice as big as him. Veronica with heels was only a little shorter.

Also there you go, there's your three arcs. Serial killer, Sabrina and big bad Hiram.

Pluto

Betty was awful, Cheryl may be a bitch but she and her mom have every right not to forgive FP and that Betty used the video of the murder for blackmail is really shitty and for what? To get a guilty person out of prison ... oh, and to help save a diner that nobody seemed to care about that much before this episode, that totally justifies it.
Dark Betty can be fun if the people deserve it but this episode she used her powers against the victims.

Talking about Pop's, was I supposed to care? If that set disappeared the characters could just hang out somewhere else and not eat burgers, this bugs me so much, they either order nothing or don't touch the food 90% of the time. I understand having characters eat on screen can be a continuity nightmare when shooting the scene but why not start the scene after the characters finished and show empty plates? This episode Betty ran out and left her burger, fries and everything, she couldn't wait 20 minutes and eat it?

And of course the main reason I didn't like this episode, they killed Moose. WTF?! I hate this, why not Reggie? With the original actor leaving it would have made sense to write the character out, he wasn't that important that he required a recast. The drug dealing thing is new anyway, they could have had Moose as the dealer and keep a cast member that had been there since the pilot.

Maybe Moose pulls a Fred and survives the shooting, Midge is dead, Moose recovers and he and Kevin can finally hook up. If that happens all is forgiven.

Not

Banned
Awww, they cast Midge perfectly only to kill her off immediately?

Just make a new character! Or dig up an obscure one. Stakes be damned.

Korigama

Hm, certainly preferable to American Horror Story: Cult's take on the Zodiac Killer (which was a terrible episode of what's been a terrible show after it seemed like it might be going somewhere but didn't, but I'm too far in to humor dropping that one now).

Wondering just how much of the cast will wind up getting pruned for new victims, as well as who is actually safe.

Not

Banned
This season is shaping up to be way more interesting for me personally than the first. I loved both episodes so far.

Yeah, it's a helluva lot easier to get into now that Grundy's gone. I still haven't gotten past episode 4 of season 1.

Fox1304

I'm not too familiar with the universe here, but reading Sabrina's casting call ... will the show have some supernatural elements next?

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah, it's a helluva lot easier to get into now that Grundy's gone. I still haven't gotten past episode 4 of season 1.

That's her last episode in season 1 though? You just skipped 10 episodes and went straight to season 2?

Not

Banned
That's her last episode in season 1 though? You just skipped 10 episodes and went straight to season 2?

Yeah. It just wasn't grabbing me.

I gave it another shot with the season 2 premiere and it seems like it's paying off

Reggie is the newest, hottest, best character

Sai-kun

Banned
Fuuuuck that was a great episode. I knew Hiram wrote that fucking letter, lol. You can see it in his face. I can't believe Veronica believed that shit.

Also had they introduced Midge before this episode? She looked rad! :D

7Th

I'm really looking forward to Sabrina, but I hope it's its own thing instead of directly connected to Riverdale. Kinda feel that some supernatural stuff should have been introduced in S1 if they were going that route. A cameo or 2 would be fine, though.

VeeP

I'm really looking forward to Sabrina, but I hope it's its own thing instead of directly connected to Riverdale. Kinda feel that some supernatural stuff should have been introduced in S1 if they were going that route. A cameo or 2 would be fine, though.

Halloween cross over episodes would be amazing though :(.

if one survived there's a chance that the man took off his mask thinking they were dead just to talk to someone on the phone.

Possibly.

The show could go a bit darker as well if the autopsy suggests the only had one target but the shot the survivor because they were a witness and didn't get double tapped for that reason, or something like that.

Does anyone think the killer is going to start leaving notes or making contact with the police? I kind of just want this to go full Zodiac.

Briarios

Like I said before, They want us and Archie to think the murders are about him, but I bet it is just the Black Hood's vigilante justice. Also, in certain comics, there were supernatural overtones to the hood.

Top Bottom