• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

J_Viper

I was very invested in Mad Men then when I started the last season out of nowhere I lost interest and stopped watching. Very strange.

This actually happened to me as well.

I got to the second half of the final season, and felt that the writing had fallen off of a cliff. I have no desire to go back.

Which is a shame, because up to S6, it was one of my favorite shows

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Coffee Shop (Romantic, Comedy)
I Called Him Morgan (Doc, Bio)
I, Olga Hepnarova (Drama, Foreign)
Ithihas Ki Thali Se Season 1 (TV, Food, Foreign)
Joe Mande’s Award-Winning Comedy Special (Standup, Netflix Original)
Munroe Island (Thriller, Foreign)
Railroad Tigers (Action, Foreign)
Scam City Season 1-2 (TV, Travel)
Victor (Drama)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Daughters of Destiny Season 1 (TV, Doc, Social, Netflix Original)
Diana: Seven Days that Shook the World (Doc, Historical)
The Adventures of Puss in Boots Season 5 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
The Incredible Jessica James (Comedy, Netflix Original)

neoanarch

Added today:

Daughters of Destiny Season 1 (TV, Doc, Social, Netflix Original)
Diana: Seven Days that Shook the World (Doc, Historical)
The Adventures of Puss in Boots Season 5 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
The Incredible Jessica James (Comedy, Netflix Original)
Has Netflix not been promoting new series as obviously as before? I don't see Jessica James anywhere on my Netflix.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Has Netflix not been promoting new series as obviously as before? I don't see Jessica James anywhere on my Netflix.

JJ is a movie btw, not a series.

Loved Last Chance U Season 2, but I'm about ready to move on from EMCC (apparently S3 will be a new school, which is good)

neoanarch

JJ is a movie btw, not a series.

Loved Last Chance U Season 2, but I'm about ready to move on from EMCC (apparently S3 will be a new school, which is good)
Yeah.. and it actually showed up right after I posted front and center.

Love Last Chance but my favorite part this season was definitely Coahama. I hope they do something outside of the South.

Laekon

I've been enjoying the latest seas of Agents of Shield up in the US. Show came a long ways since the slow opening of the first season. Still needs a to of suspension of disbelief as the most dangerous thing to the world in 1 episode is completely forgotten about in the next.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

After the Reality (Drama)
Check Point (Action)
Dark Night (Indie, Drama)
Taking Earth (SciFi)
Loco Love (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
Van Helsing Season 1 (TV, Action, Fantasy)

Rewatching The Sixties and noticed it has a Skip Intro option. Didn't know they were doing that for non-Netflix shows. Not that I'd skip it anyway, the intros for these series are great.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Jesus. Mad Men might just be the greatest show ever created. I would at least try watching to the end of Season 2.

seems like there isn;t much of a middle ground for the show. its either boring or the best thing ever. maybe you just need to be in the right mood. i often see miscellanous posts about how people were like us (bored outta their minds) but then returned to the show and something clicked.

i can appreciate its value/supposed accuracy as a period piece though. maybe i'll give it another shot during a dead period where i don't have games or other shows to watch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I thought it was a good show, and I can see why people love it, but I didn't find it as amazing as I read about. Idk, I watched it a few years ago through Blu-Ray, so maybe I will give it another shot.

Ravi_elite

Banned
sorry people I know this an old thread however I am only a junior member and cannot make threads
---------------------------

anyway look when I am watching foreign shows or movies the subtitles are always at the bottom (Where they should be ) on the xbox one

however when my friends sign into xbox live it actually covers up the subtitles...

its very frustrating .... I am pretty sure I can disable notifications..however What if I didnt want to do that? why cant the netflix app be updated so that subtitles are raised when friends sign in or xbox be updated so that you can place where the notifications show up like @ the top of the screen?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Cinderella Story (Family)
A Sort of Homecoming (Drama)
All Hallows' Eve (Family)
Annabelle Hooper And The Ghosts Of Nantucket (Family)
Aussie Gold Hunters Season 1 (TV, Reality)

Awake: A Dream from Standing Rock (Doc, Social)
Bad Santa (Comedy)
Below Her Mouth (Indie, Drama, LGBTQ)
Bountiful Blessings Season 1 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Boyka: Undisputed (Action, Thriller)
Close Your Eyes Before it's Dark Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)

Cloud Atlas (SciFi)
Cop Watchers (Doc, Social)
Crematorio Season 1 (TV, Drama, Crime)
Death Row Stories Season 2 (TV, Doc, Social)
Everyone's Hero (Family)

Fartsa Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Funny Games (Thriller)
Genius of the Ancient World Season 1 (TV, Doc)
Genius of the Modern World Season 1 (TV, Doc)
Have You Ever Fallen in Love, Miss Jiang? Season 1 (TV, Drama)

Hinterland Season 3 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Hogie the Globehopper Season 1 (TV, Kids)
House on Willow Street (Thriller, Foreign)
Innerspace (Comedy, SciFi)
Jackie Brown (Thriller)

Jessica Darling's it List (Family)
Karl Marx City (Doc, Bio)
Land Girls Season 1-3 (TV, Drama)
Life plan A and B Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Locust Season 1 (TV, Drama, Crime)
Lord of War (Action, Thriller)

Love Storm Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Max Manus: Man of War (Action, Foreign)
Maz Jobrani: Immigrant (Standup, Netflix Original)
Nola Circus (Comedy)
Nurses Who Kill Season 1 (TV, Doc)
Opening Night (Comedy, Romantic)

Practical Magic (Romantic, Comedy)
Sleepy Hollow (Horror)
Small Soldiers (Family)
Surviving Escobar - Alias JJ Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Addams Family (Family)

The Astronaut's Wife (Thriller)
The Blind Christ (Drama, Foreign)
The Bomb (Doc)
The Devil's Candy (Horror)
The Hippopotamus (Comedy)

The In-Laws Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
The Last Mimzy (Family)
The Matrix (SciFi)
The Matrix Reloaded (SciFi)
The Matrix Revolutions (SciFi)
The Number 23 (Thriller)
The Truth About Alcohol (TV, Doc)

The Wedding Party (Romantic, Comedy)
The Women Who Killed Lions (Doc, Social)
Tie the Knot (Romantic, Comedy)
Un Plus Une (Comedy, Romantic, Foreign)
Walking with the Enemy (Drama)
Who Gets the Dog? (Romantic, Comedy)
Wild Wild West (Action, Fantasy)
World War II in Color (TV, Doc, Historical)

Really happy that WWII in Color is back on Netflix.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they added Fury Road and Man from UNCLE to my region, wanted to watch both for awhile.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
they added Fury Road and Man from UNCLE to my region, wanted to watch both for awhile.

I enjoyed both those films. Not in love with Fury Road on the same level as some folks around here, but it's unquestionably a technical marvel.

I'd be interested to see how you like Man from UNCLE. Response to that is way more mixed but I found a lot to like. Henry Cavill was particularly good in it. Fun, breezy summer movie.

kevin1025

Banned
Netflix is mega weird. I remember hearing about a movie called City of Tiny Lights back during TIFF 2016, and being really excited to see it. 11 months go by with nothing, now it's on Netflix, haha, but not as an Original. Thank you, Netflix!

Edit:

:O

They also added Toni Edermann! This is like Christmas!

(Both are on Netflix Canada, by the way, not sure about other regions!)

Oh man, Innerspace - I watched that so many times as a kid. Martin Short was the best and I was so in love with young Meg Ryan.

How is Cloud Atlas? Is that worth watching?

So Many Wachowski flicks added today. Is this the Sense8 cancellation apology tour?

Does the Matrix have the original color grading? I've only been able to see it in HD with the piss filter to match the sequels.

Lil Boat

I thought it was a good show, and I can see why people love it, but I didn't find it as amazing as I read about. Idk, I watched it a few years ago through Blu-Ray, so maybe I will give it another shot.

Yeah I would totally give it another shot especially since you said you didn't finish Season 1. The show starts in 1959 so it's deliberately pretty slow and dry in the beginning.

If by the time the show is at like 1963 and you still don't like it then I would give it up.

Daria

Did Sons of Anarchy get any better after s03, perhaps after they leave Ireland? I liked it up until they left and then just lost interest. Thinking of starting it back up before going back to Mad Men.

Did Sons of Anarchy get any better after s03, perhaps after they leave Ireland? I liked it up until they left and then just lost interest. Thinking of starting it back up before going back to Mad Men.

No. It got much much worse.

I've never regretted watching a show to completion as much.

kevin1025

Banned

As melonrabbit mentioned, it got significantly worse. I feel like season two was a fluke. There are some real good moments in the back half of the series, but they are completely devastated by nonsense and extending out character's lifespans far past the expiry date. Plus there's a character death that is sadistic and vile, even for this show.

Jayne

No. It got much much worse.

I feel compelled to second this opinion. I watched this show to completion out of some strange sense of obligation.

Jump ship.

anyone know how long it'd take for Gotham to get on Netflix? I thought the CW shows had a deal where they showed up a week after the season finale?

Rhaknar

what "big" shows do we have coming in the next few months, at least until December that we know of?

Defenders and Wet Hot this month
Narcos in September
Stranger Things and Mindhunter in October
Punisher...whenever they decide, I mean we are still assuming its this year right?
House of Cards?

Top Bottom