• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Goo - Official Thread

MercuryLS

Banned
This was my favorite game of 2008, if you've slept on it for whatever reason. STOP! Grab your wallet and download this shit posthaste.

Ledsen

I just finished this today, awesome game! Epic music, pleasant graphics and kick-ass gameplay. I finished it in three days since I just felt compelled to keep playing. Kind of short, but that's ok even though I wanted more :) My tower is only 18 m I think :(

NIN90 said:
Anyway to increase the resolution/altering the sound volume?

Oh and chapter 4 was fuck awesome.

Yeah in the config.txt.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Just downloaded it (thanks Nintend for the whole memory thing!), and wow, I absolutely love it. Great game to play with the missus.

NIN90

<param name="screen_width" value="1280"/>
<param name="screen_height" value="1024"/>
Runs still in 800x600. :(
And I don't see any line for setting the sound volume.

Baron

I own World of Goo on both Wii and Mac now, and it just struck me - this game needs to be on the DS. The stylus control would work perfectly for the game. Why haven't the developers ported it to DS? I would seriously buy the game a third time for a DS version.

CTLance

Baron said:
I own World of Goo on both Wii and Mac now, and it just struck me - this game needs to be on the DS. The stylus control would work perfectly for the game. Why haven't the developers ported it to DS? I would seriously buy the game a third time for a DS version.
Mmmmmaybe on the DSi with its more powerful hardware, but it'd still be quite a bit of work. Don't see it happening though, it's not cost effective IMHO. I do agree though, touchscreen controls are perfect for this game.

Fladam

BUMP-O-MATIC

untitled.jpg

Coming to XBLA soon??? I WILL BUY YOU AGAIN!

mrkgoo

I bought this game when they had their pay what you want deal. I paid an extremely embarrassingly amount of money for it, but since I didn't like it and barely played it I guess it was a fair price.

I didn't like the controls - it's like it was meant to be a ii game or something.

mrkgoo

TheExodu5 said:
How the hell do you improve point and click?
I didn't say they could he improved. I just didn't like them. I I recall, I hated he way it scrolled. Kind of a minor point really. It seemed it would play better with wii controls rather than a mouse. Maybe the boundng box was more suited to a wii interface.

Anyway, the game itself wasn't that compelling.

Fladam

MiloFoxburr said:
It's available on Games for Windows Live. It was 800 points not sure if it still is. Has Achievements etc.

BAH! I think you're right... Guess I could just fire up the Wii for some GOOdness.

Alucard

Banned
This game is beautiful in its simplicity. It doesn't hurt that it's visually and aurally stunning as well.

I just completed chapter 1, and am excited to see what the rest of the game brings.

Jasoco

Banned
mrkgoo said:
I didn't say they could he improved. I just didn't like them. I I recall, I hated he way it scrolled. Kind of a minor point really. It seemed it would play better with wii controls rather than a mouse. Maybe the boundng box was more suited to a wii interface.

Anyway, the game itself wasn't that compelling.
No way. It plays MUCH better with a mouse. It's easier to keep a mouse pointer steady than the Wiimote.

Shurs

This was my first Steam purchase.

I was dismayed to see the game (Mac version, btw) running in 4:3 when I launched it, with seemingly no way to change the resolution.

After a little tinkering, I found out I had to download another program, GooTool, in order to change the resolution.

Then it didn't recognize the Steam version of the game. So, after a some research on Google, I found a workaround, adjusted the format to 16:10 and upped the res to my Macbook Pro's native resolution of 1900x1200.

This is a lot of work to perform what should be a simple function.

Why the hell does this game run in 4:3 mode as a default aspect ratio?

Shurs said:
Because it was originally released as a WiiWare title. I also believe the port was made by a one-man team, which might explain why it's bare bones.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
archnemesis said:
Because it was originally released as a WiiWare title. I also believe the port was made by a one-man team, which might explain why it's bare bones.
It was actually originally a PC title. 2D Boy had to hire on a programmer to port it to the Wii. The Wii version runs in 16:9 just fine, I don't know what the deal is with the PC/Mac version.

GWX

Shurs said:
This was my first Steam purchase.

I was dismayed to see the game (Mac version, btw) running in 4:3 when I launched it, with seemingly no way to change the resolution.

After a little tinkering, I found out I had to download another program, GooTool, in order to change the resolution.

Then it didn't recognize the Steam version of the game. So, after a some research on Google, I found a workaround, adjusted the format to 16:10 and upped the res to my Macbook Pro's native resolution of 1900x1200.

This is a lot of work to perform what should be a simple function.

Well, in the Windows version at least, it has a config file which you can edit the resolution easily and it even has a cool easter egg =)

Top Bottom