• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - TGS 2011 Information Thread [Neku Sakuraba And Details]

Guys! There's no point in trying to learn the story. I played almost all of them, and I have no fucking idea what the story is.

Shadowlink said:
Guys! There's no point in trying to learn the story. I played almost all of them, and I have no fucking idea what the story is.

Pffft I played each game once and I have a pretty clear understanding of the story.

Berordn

Synless said:
Final mix didn't really add that much over the US version did it?
A secret world with a new boss fight post-credits, and three new arena fights, plus some small bonuses like abilities that let you transform into enemies. And the Unknown battle is rebalanced. Which is to say, at all.

duckroll

Synless said:
Final mix didn't really add that much over the US version did it?

It added special Unversed challanges throughout the worlds which rewarded you with special commands that allowed you to transform into certain Unversed and play as them! It also added like 3 brand new optional bosses in the Arena (one of which is this awesome multi-part battle with Monstro). Oh and it adds an entire playable Secret Episode at the end where you play as Aqua in the World of Darkness, with a brand new Heartless (?) boss at the end, plus a new secret ending teasing "Birth by Sleep Vol2" or something.

Well worth it for fans imo!

Synless

Zierath said:
Just the Secret Episode, some arena bosses and a new command style.
Secret episode is just a playable version of the secret ending in the US game right? If not that seems worth it on it's own.

* ah, I see. Thanks for the in depth stuff duckroll. I wish they would release this stuff here in the US.

duckroll

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Monstro is a bitch to fight without some long range magic commands/decent shotlocks. I learned that the hard way. >_>

It's not that hard once you get the hang of it. The trick is to be patient and just wait out his patterns, and then score enough hits to "stun" him. Once he's stunned you can quickly get on his tongue and unleash all your melee attacks which should do a ton of damage. Good Shootlocks help a lot too though, that's true.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ah, I knew there was a big 3DS game I forgot about.

Anyway, I don't care about the story or anything, but I am interested in seeing which Disney worlds they choose to include...was so glad that Birth By Sleep broke the whole deal of the spin-offs reusing the worlds from the original Kingdom Hearts, but unfortunately, outside of the Stich and Toontown levels, I didn't feel that the worlds of Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, or Cinderella were that memorable or exciting.

I'd love to see a Treasure Planet level, since the setting of the movie seems like it'd be fun to explore in a game...

guek said:
try e-harmony maybe?

so is this game not a remake or a port? cuz i totally thought it was
eHarmony turned me down.
They really did, too. ;-;

This game is a new game being done by the main KH team. The same team that did Birth by Sleep.

The Broken Ska Record said:
This game is a new game being done by the main KH team. The same team that did Birth by Sleep.
They are not the main team, actually. It's a secondary (and very capable) team.

The main Kingdom Hearts team is stuck developing the black hole known as Versus XIII for the next decade.

PixyJunket said:
They are not the main team, actually. It's a secondary (and very capable) team.

The main Kingdom Hearts team is stuck developing the black hole known as Versus XIII for the next decade.
Ooop. That's right. I kinda forgot about the team being on Versus. D:

Tired of these damn side stories. Give us KH3 already with toy versions of the trio for Toy Story land among many other options. Racing themed cars level?

Erethian

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Tired of these damn side stories. Give us KH3 already with toy versions of the trio for Toy Story land among many other options. Racing themed cars level?

How is this a side story when it's essentially the precursor to KH3?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
MoonsaultSlayer said:
These games are starting to go beyond the quality of the originals. BBS was damn good. I want KH3 too, but this looks like it could be another BBS which I'm very excited for.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are both main story games, they just don't have numbers in their titles.

Oh I love bbs.

Sora wears his KH1 garb in this again again again, right? That's what bothers me. Gameplay aside, I want to see a continuation and evolution of the story, not retellings of the plot with different highjinks or added mysteries to set up a potential sequel and answers to tie up loose ends.

duckroll

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Oh I love bbs.

Sora wears his KH1 garb in this again again again, right? That's what bothers me. Gameplay aside, I want to see a continuation and evolution of the story, not retellings of the plot with different highjinks or added mysteries to set up a potential sequel and answers to tie up loose ends.

Both Sora and Riku will get very different original new designs later in the game. Nomura said they're just not showing that off yet. Maybe today?

Captain N

I hope they go to Toy Story land. Make it happen. If not, they could remake this like Dino Crisis. Im sure Duckroll would love that. No keyblade.

duckroll

Captain N said:
I hope they go to Toy Story land. Make it happen. If not, they could remake this like Dino Crisis. Im sure Duckroll would love that. No keyblade.

Something soemthing... Captain Falcon punch... something. Grrrrrrr.

jackdoe

duckroll said:
Both Sora and Riku will get very different original new designs later in the game. Nomura said they're just not showing that off yet. Maybe today?
Haha. I hope they don't get armor attachments, but I feel it will happen.

duckroll said:
Something soemthing... Captain Falcon punch... something. Grrrrrrr.

So what you're saying is Sora confirmed for the new Smash Bros and Captain Falcon confirmed as playable character in KH3DS. Megaton!

Seda

2d71K.jpg

Poster, shows new clothing. I believe Sora is wearing these clothes in the hard to see scene posted already in the thread.

The TGS demo has two parts. In Sora’s episode, you start in Traverse town. Sora calls for Riku, but finds Neku instead who is hanging from a roof. He jumps down and shows Sora the number on his hand and mentions he needs a partner to play the Reapers’ game with.

Nice.

Beth Cyra

Was really hoping to see Cloud and Squall in this but for some reason I doubt it.

Sadly I don't care about Neku, enjoyed TWEWY enough but not something I wanted more of any of the characters from it.

Rarutos

It's kind of interesting to think about. Imagine Kairi meeting
Eri!
Shiki. They'd look so similar! Neku is kind of Sora in a more modern setting and more angsty too.

Top Bottom