• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot!!!

WSA2WQa.png

Some amazing banner luck for me. In 8 tickets, I've had 5 banner units including Trance Terra and Setzer. Dayum.

Menchi

Congrats on Trance Terra! Awesome sprite

I'm unsure what to do with my eggs... I didn't really spend a great deal of time with the event, and didn't really see much I wanted. All in all, I've got 164 Rainbow Eggs after crafting Icy Veins. I was going to pick up a Purecryst, but then I can only get 1 Bandana, 2 CoJ and the already obtained Icy Veins...

Or, I could forego the Purecryst, pick up 1 of everything (except SoW) and be done with it. I'm just not sure if the Purecryst is more valuable than the Second Knife?

across

So, I'm a big proponent of favorites over tiers. The only reason I started this game was because the idea of fighting a Behemoth or a Cactuar or Bahamut with Ramza and Randi and Terra and Cecil and... really appealed to me. Maybe the 14-year old me, but still, me.

You learn, of course, that you're at the mercy of the RNG - and that the game is enjoyable in its way even if you don't get this or that favorite when you want (DKC, why did you forsake me?)

My favorite FF games are 6, 11, and Tactics. I love Secret of Mana (and SD3) wholeheartedly, warts and all. So I've been exceedingly lucky to get the 5* bases I wanted to date. But sources of Lapis dry up eventually and as fun as the game is, I can't be much more than a runty dolphin.

So, I scraped up enough Lapis to do a 10+1 on this banner by suspending daily pulls on the second week of Egg Seekers. I had 25 tickets and my 4* ticket. I knew the odds weren't great. But I really, really, wanted Trance Terra - pretty much the last favorite I'd be targetting (though Prishe... but nevermind that!)

10+1. 3 Setzers, which was welcome, but no rainbow. Expected, so not really disappointing. I eye my tickets. I think about Rikku and Ashe looming in the background - sure, favs over tiers, but I know how awful chasing 4* bases can be. And I now have 470 Lapis.

I check my bank account. I got a little extra coin for working some public holiday hours over Easter. $50 of Amazon Coins is 8500 Lapis, enough to do one more 10+1 and then ride dailies out.

I know I'll regret it, but I give in. It's Trance Terra. You remember when you fought
Phun
Humbaba and she was in permanent Esper mode? That was the jam.

I press the 11 Summons button.

6NtwPaCl.png

Okay. It could be dupe Ramza. It could be Queen. It could be Dark Fina (that would be okay, actually). Don't get excited. Whatever pops out, just be thankful it's a 5* base--

VtygHQCl.png

Oh.

So, I'm a big proponent of favorites over tiers. The only reason I started this game was because the idea of fighting a Behemoth or a Cactuar or Bahamut with Ramza and Randi and Terra and Cecil and... really appealed to me. Maybe the 14-year old me, but still, me.

You learn, of course, that you're at the mercy of the RNG - and that the game is enjoyable in its way even if you don't get this or that favorite when you want (DKC, why did you forsake me?)

My favorite FF games are 6, 11, and Tactics. I love Secret of Mana (and SD3) wholeheartedly, warts and all. So I've been exceedingly lucky to get the 5* bases I wanted to date. But sources of Lapis dry up eventually and as fun as the game is, I can't be much more than a runty dolphin.

So, I scraped up enough Lapis to do a 10+1 on this banner by suspending daily pulls on the second week of Egg Seekers. I had 25 tickets and my 4* ticket. I knew the odds weren't great. But I really, really, wanted Trance Terra - pretty much the last favorite I'd be targetting (though Prishe... but nevermind that!)

10+1. 3 Setzers, which was welcome, but no rainbow. Expected, so not really disappointing. I eye my tickets. I think about Rikku and Ashe looming in the background - sure, favs over tiers, but I know how awful chasing 4* bases can be. And I now have 470 Lapis.

I check my bank account. I got a little extra coin for working some public holiday hours over Easter. $50 of Amazon Coins is 8500 Lapis, enough to do one more 10+1 and then ride dailies out.

I know I'll regret it, but I give in. It's Trance Terra. You remember when you fought
Phun
Humbaba and she was in permanent Esper mode? That was the jam.

Okay. It could be dupe Ramza. It could be Queen. It could be Dark Fina (that would be okay, actually). Don't get excited. Whatever pops out, just be thankful it's a 5* base--

Oh.

Congrats!! Love the story to go along with it. :)

eggydoo

got Kefka as daily. Really want a setzer...used my 4* ticket...Luka -_-

Damn, I don't really want to blow tickets for Setzer......

1 daily and 2 tickets

Vanille
OG Terra
Trey

I'm done here lol. Don't need any of these characters and need to conserve Lapis and Tickets.

Would love Trance Terra though. Terra is my overall favorite FF character. :(

Also is it just me or so the drop rates suck? 2x Kefka and 2x Terra and I'm getting maybe 700 fish per ELT run.

Base drop is 200ish. This is going to be a long grind.

Edit - Now got 400 total with 150% bonus... -.-

Pejo

5 11 pulls, no TT. Back to the minnow waters. I got 6 Setzers though......I have 2 Orlandu's gumi. FUCK your Setzers!

"Six Setzers... More than enough to kill anything that moves." - Revolver Ocelot

For real I'm jealous though. I did 3 11 pulls this morning and got 1 Setzer, 1 Gau, and a bunch of baby back bullshit.

*Edit* - Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they nerfed Beasts of the Dark ADV!

Doctor_No

FYI for those with Fryevia and have gotten Trance Terra

Fryevia (and her TM) really changes the math for Trance Terra on GL.

Given Trance Terra can equip swords, Fryevia's Needle + 4 Letter of Arms can get her MAG incredibly high.

You can get her to 1112 MAG max. Her high base MAG also means that Magistral Crest is better than WKN's Ice Rosseta

IuXNA8s.png

Alkez

"Six Setzers... More than enough to kill anything that moves." - Revolver Ocelot

For real I'm jealous though. I did 3 11 pulls this morning and got 1 Setzer, 1 Gau, and a bunch of baby back bullshit.

*Edit* - Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they nerfed Beasts of the Dark ADV!

Yeah. It's still better than the experience vortex at least lol.

Kettch

Got Setzer with my daily. I could probably use another one, but it would be nice to not burn any tickets for 4*s this time.

I kept two. Gumi plz gimme TT. She's the last unit I'm paying for. I know you will use this against me but please, go easy on your boy. I've given you enough money.

eggydoo

FYI for those with Fryevia and have gotten Trance Terra

Fryevia (and her TM) really changes the math for Trance Terra on GL.

Given Trance Terra can equip swords, Fryevia's Needle + 4 Letter of Arms can get her MAG incredibly high.

You can get her to 1112 MAG max. Her high base MAG also means that Magistral Crest is better than WKN's Ice Rosseta

[/QUOTE]

Wow! I don't think I have you on my friends list...do you have space? :-P

Kouriozan

Daily... even after I said I wasn't going to bother on banner. Might have to stick to it. Got Vaan. :/
Well at least you got another bonus unit for the XII event.
Tried Setzer with a friend and I like his skills, but I said I would skip so nit checking this thread much helps to not be tempted :p

Rixa

It took 4 turns to get Fire Flask to work... Some scary shit.
I mean, I met 2 Netapa's in that run :D

Screenshot_20170420-190044.png
Screenshot_20170420-190159.png

I did use my 4* ticket and got Setzer.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I dunno why I ever even try 10+1's. There needs to just be a toilet in this game to flush your lapis down.

It took 4 turns to get Fire Flask to work... Some scary shit.
I mean, I met 2 Netapa's in that run :D

I did use my 4* ticket and got Setzer.

I didn't even know you COULD get two bonus units in the same run. Congrats!

Now we just need someone to get two Nelapas and a bomb in the same run....

Alkez

Got mediocre pulls (did 9 pulls I think). Got absolute trash over in Fire Emblem. Just sitting here hoping my garbage luck doesn't affect the Pens and Habs tonight lol.

Congrats to all the Trance/Esper Terra pulls (Hippo, Neekaw, Ivan, across, dr no). I'll be relying on you guys for this event :)

robotuw

Daily and ticket got me Golbez and Terra. That'll be it for me and this banner I think.

Since I have a handful of Kefkas and Terras from before, I'm running 4x50% bonus units and ELT seems like the way to go. With my best unit and a strong friend I can get more from ELT than I can from PRO with 5 bonus units, even if the friend unit is TT. Still, it's only 600 fish from ELT so it'll be slow going. No moogle or purecryst this time I think, I'll just stick with the usual and be done this weekend.

ELT is manageable with the right team and friend units. Got the materia at least. Don't think I can consistently run it yet. Not until some more leveling. Setzer and Trance Terra are real fun. Setzer is especially cool!

I saw a Nelapa on my very first run of it though.

Xion86

Daily....it's a Mage!...it's Kuja.

Straight away Awakened Kefka when I got in :). But for the first time I ran out of a 6 star Awakening material so couldn't do Terra.

Yeah, I noticed they nerfed Adv Trial XP too...damn :p luckily I saved up loads of Cactuars from Eggs. Just about to try the new event.

Muku

Well at least you got another bonus unit for the XII event.
Tried Setzer with a friend and I like his skills, but I said I would skip so nit checking this thread much helps to not be tempted :p

I had two Vaan already, so merged him. Didn't need a third. Ended up doing 3 ticket pulls for giggles. Nothing from banner.

Which place is going to be best for farming Fish? Not sure I'm really a fan of ELT right now.

Also upped Kefka and Terra. Both in their 80s. Used all the last Mog King Cactaurs on them evenly. (Kefka got a Great, Terra got an Amazing. She wasn't about to be outdone by Psycho Clown.) Gives me room to buy this events Cactaur now too.

No lapis for the daily, so I turned to my 4 tickets (but not my 4* ticket, still saving that for, I dunno, Rikku?)

Mercedes
Duane
Trance Terra

I... think I'm done summoning. I'm not going to run the event until later because I'm doing work stuff, but hey!

Xion86

Glad I finally got to use up my MAG pots, maxed out Kefka.

Hmm not sure if I should use tickets or not...kinda saving up after Orlandeau.

Didn't know RedZaraki was the one who made the troll thread on Gaming, too bad for him.

Oh really? Didn't see that. Banned then?

ELT is manageable with the right team and friend units. Got the materia at least. Don't think I can consistently run it yet. Not until some more leveling. Setzer and Trance Terra are real fun. Setzer is especially cool!

I saw a Nelapa on my very first run of it though.
Strange..
I did elite with full bonus party + noctis friend..
Anyway gz to all the new t terra owner...
Hope to join the club... I don't NEED her, as i have 2 dfina and 1 emperor already, but at the same time i need her!

222 fishes on PRO with Terra and Kefka in the team.

WTF is this crap. 10 stamina for this?

I'm not doing this, i'm tired of this shit.
i'm getting 6* materia and that's all fuck the rest. SO tired of farming.

I swear coming to currency drop rates, the last good event was the type 0 one.

The easter event was so good, maxed all the (useful) espers, leveled up so much characters, so much money and the equipment...

tuffymon

Oh and 80000 sardines for one ultracryst HAHAHAHAHAH

I don't know why you're acting surprised, people have been talking about it for awhile now, and actually saying it's cheaper than the 100k price tag it normally is. Nothing says you need to get it... at least do the usually, tickets, quartz, 6 star mats~

The bonus unit makes this a lot more manageable, I've only seen it once, but gained either 4 or 5k from that run.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking about what to get.
6* mats outside of Diamonds, the potions and elixirs, cheap SQ, and tickets. Probably get the Tabby suit and Beret. Not too many Mage Hats so it should be good and the Tabby suit giving both HP and MP seems pretty rare.

Tabby Suit seems like a solid piece for a tank.

So I'll need about 120 runs, at 20 runs a day... six days... hmmm. That's a lot of TM farm.

Nikokuno

Woot!!!

Some amazing banner luck for me. In 8 tickets, I've had 5 banner units including Trance Terra and Setzer. Dayum.

Damn

[...]

6NtwPaCl.png

VtygHQCl.png

Oh.

Congratulationd on this really nice pull!

5 11 pulls and ~15 tickets, no TT

:-(

Really bad rates, feel you bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom