• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Li Kao

Fuck me, I lived under a bridge for a year it seems and just learned that the game has coop. Is it still populated ? The coop side I mean, I know the game as a whole is successful.

Fuck me, I lived under a bridge for a year it seems and just learned that the game has coop. Is it still populated ? The coop side I mean, I know the game as a whole is successful.

Only coop mode is Terrorist Hunt. It is 30fps on consoles and it is very populated. But if you are gonna buy it for the coop, don't do it as Terrorist Hunt sucks.

By the way, on offense i prefer to main Sledge and Blackbeard and on defense i like to play as Smoke or Pulse. My only unlocked DLC operator is Blackbeard. I have 50.000 credits, which operators do you suggest me to unlock guys?

nOoblet16

you can unlock the framerate on THunt and it'll run at variable 60fps. On pro Terrorist Hunt manages to hit 60fps and over fairly consistently.

Javier23

Banned
Coop is a small starter or side dish. If you are not interested on the base multiplayer don't get the game.

andycapps

Only coop mode is Terrorist Hunt. It is 30fps on consoles and it is very populated. But if you are gonna buy it for the coop, don't do it as Terrorist Hunt sucks.

By the way, on offense i prefer to main Sledge and Blackbeard and on defense i like to play as Smoke or Pulse. My only unlocked DLC operator is Blackbeard. I have 50.000 credits, which operators do you suggest me to unlock guys?
His profile lists a steam account, so if that's the case, he can do terrorist hunt at whatever FPS his setup allows. I don't get why someone would only play that mode but I guess types of people might exist that just don't do multiplayer.

Hibana is a great DLC operator if you're wanting more attack operators. Buck and Capitao are also useful. On defense I think Mira and Valkyrie are best, Echo is a little more challenging but can be frustrating to play against a good one.

jtb

Banned
how friendly is the game to new players?

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the base game, while it's on sale on Steam. Do I need DLC? All of the maps are free, right? The DLC is just operators?

andycapps

how friendly is the game to new players?

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the base game, while it's on sale on Steam. Do I need DLC? All of the maps are free, right? The DLC is just operators?
Has a pretty steep learning curve but you can still have fun while learning. There's a discord server if you want me to PM you a link.

Disgraced

Lol Cav is probably the best operator in the game if you know how to use her.
Yeah. Nah. What she offers—what she is—is the high risk/high reward character. Last night my friend landed an interrogation that saved us from a tight spot on Bar/Stock - Clubhouse. We were running an aggressive lineup. So I don't mean to imply she's a completely bad pick, but that in many if not most cases another operator is simply going to contribute more. That's part of her nature. She will be shut down like any other roamer. She could use another item to improve her viability; an augmentation to her special. What that should be, I'm not sure. A holo sight on her SMG would be a start. I'd really appreciate the same on Frost.
Sans the final swap (Caveira 🔄 Frost), I don't think you're wrong. It's largely preference.

CrayToes

Yeah. Nah. What she offers—what she is—is the high risk/high reward character. Last night my friend landed an interrogation that saved us from a tight spot on Bar/Stock - Clubhouse. We were running an aggressive lineup. So I don't mean to imply she's a completely back pick, but that in many if not most cases another operator is simply going to contribute more. That's part of her nature. She will be shut down like any other roamer. She could use another item to improve her viability; an augmentation to her special. What that should be, I'm not sure. A holo sight on her SMG would be a start. I'd really appreciate the same on Frost.Sans the final swap (Caveira 🔄 Frost), I don't think you're wrong. It's largely preference.

Nope. She's the best roamer in the game. Silent step is invaluable for high level play and her pistol is godlike if you use it right.

Yea, Cav is top tier. Alongside Jager, Cav is the one roamer you actively have to keep in mind when she's in the game.

Also, CrazyToes automatically adds a tier bump to Cav. He's hacked her pistol. Seriously.

Disgraced

Nope. She's the best roamer in the game. Silent step is invaluable for high level play and her pistol is godlike if you use it right.
I really don't think so. Audio is essential therefore Silent Step is helpful, but it's fuckin' null if there's a visual. If she's seen—if her position is compromised—and these high level players will drone her out or a Montagne will force her out and away.

She is ABSOLUTELY NOT the best roamer in the game when Jäger, Pulse, and Valk exist. I'm sorry, but that's nonsense.
Yea, Cav is top tier. Alongside Jager, Cav is the one roamer you actively have to keep in mind when she's in the game.
You have to keep Cav in mind because if there's a Cav she's probably roaming, not because she's a Cav and she's roaming. I'm sure you kick ass with her, Toes, but the operator herself is just not top tier and I will die on this hill.

CrayToes

I really don't think so. Audio is essential therefore Silent Step is helpful, but it's fuckin' null if there's a visual. If she's seen—if her position is compromised—and these high level players will drone her out or a Montagne will force her out and away.

She is ABSOLUTELY NOT the best roamer in the game when Jäger, Pulse, and Valk exist. I'm sorry, but that's nonsense.You have to keep Cav in mind because if there's a Cav she's probably roaming, not because she's a Cav and she's roaming. I'm sure you kick ass with her, Toes, but the operator herself is just not top tier and I will die on this hill.

Nope, you'll get interrogated on this hill.

The fact you put Mira that high nullifies your entire list.

She is so detrimental to her team.

Git gud scrub. She's honestly one of the best if not the best anchor defenders in the game. The only way she is detrimental to her team is if the mirrors are placed poorly. In which case get good at placing them. 3 armour. A meta changing ability. Nitro cell for and shotgun secondary for utility. Literally everything you would want from a defender.

CrayToes

Mira is only good for a handful of specific spots in the whole game. She's a waste of space the rest of the time. There are far better anchor operators like Rook or Smoke.

Don't even get me started on Trashbeard.

Git gud scrub. She's honestly one of the best if not the best anchor defenders in the game. The only way she is detrimental to her team is if the mirrors are placed poorly. In which case get good at placing them. 3 armour. A meta changing ability. Nitro cell for and shotgun secondary for utility. Literally everything you would want from a defender.

I'm sorry you're wrong. And stupid. And selfish. 😉

Mira is only good for a handful of specific spots in the whole game. She's a waste of space the rest of the time. There are far better anchor operators like Rook or Smoke.

Don't even get me started on Trashbeard.
Bruh. Are you playing the same game I play? I agree she isn't useful on ebery spot on every map but a handful? Generally the spots that aren't viable to defend she sucks at. In fact I can't think of a map that she isn't godlike on in some spots

CrayToes

Bruh. Are you playing the same game I play? I agree she isn't useful on ebery spot on every map but a handful? Generally the spots that aren't viable to defend she sucks at. In fact I can't think of a map that she isn't godlike on in some spots

Mira is trash. Stay salty, Josh.

really not happy with them changing maps after this much time. If I want to open a window and shoot out of it cause I learned it it should be left alone. People know what to look for and know how to play against it as well as use it. This sucks and will make me quit the game if they keep doing this

andycapps

really not happy with them changing maps after this much time. If I want to open a window and shoot out of it cause I learned it it should be left alone. People know what to look for and know how to play against it as well as use it. This sucks and will make me quit the game if they keep doing this

Fixing spawn peeks where you can be instant killed as soon as you spawn is something I'm okay with, though how they fixed the one on Kanal was not what I'd prefer.

Fixing spawn peeks where you can be instant killed as soon as you spawn is something I'm okay with, though how they fixed the one on Kanal was not what I'd prefer.

If they want the game to be random and have people playing based on the things you have at hand I'd have to suggest they use randomly generated maps

That makes the situations and engagements more realistic. Not saying it's wrong/right but another way to play. They keep trying to force a certain play style though by giving you no choice outside, taking out things etc

I don't think this change is one I like for the game they have, I still dislike the fogged look when you run outside and hope the sequel fixes these inside outside issues. I still wouldn't mind having battles outside for both teams where you are trying to work your way up on a semi open area in a car parking lot. Making your way to a small store and both teams start outside and work your way up.

andycapps

If they want the game to be random and have people playing based on the things you have at hand I'd have to suggest they use randomly generated maps

That makes the situations and engagements more realistic. Not saying it's wrong/right but another way to play. They keep trying to force a certain play style though by giving you no choice outside, taking out things etc

I don't think this change is one I like for the game they have, I still dislike the fogged look when you run outside and hope the sequel fixes these inside outside issues. I still wouldn't mind having battles outside for both teams where you are trying to work your way up on a semi open area in a car parking lot. Making your way to a small store and both teams start outside and work your way up.

Sounds like you just want a totally different game. Given the success of this one, I wouldn't expect a sequel to be completely different.

Magwik

Banned
Nah fam
Punish defenders who run outside

I'll settle for being able to somehow place traps on the outside/walls of the buildings though.

nOoblet16

While she can be quit OP in games our level and because of Packer, I don't think Cav is the best roamer,for the same reason Jackal is not top tier operator. In high level games people already know where everyone is due to drones, cams and pulse (this affects 2 of Cav's abilities i.e. the ability to hide herself and the infrequent ability to find other people's position), so when it comes to these operators it's all about the gun and while her pistol is great, it's very situational in that you cannot do a lot of conventional engagements with it against good players.

I'd say Valkyrie and Pulse are both a better roamer due to the combination of primaries, nitro cell and their utility that helps the entire team constantly over a large area without requiring a physical line of sight...unlike Cav's interrogations that only work sometimes or might not even happen in a match. Jäger too is a better roamer purely due to his gun which is just so much better than any other defender gun that it isn't even funny.

Cav's silent step is great but she just needs to be spotted once for it to go to waste...and against players who know what they are doing she will get droned out, spotted by a shield operator etc and once people know where she is she becomes quite ineffective.

Also Blackbeard is middle tier now, he is no longer the OP operator that he was.

I don't mind them fixing legit spawn issues, like Chalet Campfire. I didn't feel the Kanal one was particularly justified. It definitely changes Servers/Control attacks with that much safer rappel.

I've been noticing all sorts of random little changes on various maps that I don't think were referenced in the patch notes. They took out access to the awning across from Penthouse window on Coastline (right after I went to the effort to learn how to get up there, grrr).

The change that really bugs me are all the boxes they shoved under Visa stairs in Consulate. I'm not even sure why they did it. Mira reasons? We liked putting a sneaky bear trap in the dark over there and then wall bang them from the unreinforced wall on the right, with the left reinforced but that's all gone now.

And the fact that they're doing the changes stealth style is ridiculous.

As for Caveira... There's a reason the pickrate in Pro League is so low. I think she's a good pick for 1 or 2 rounds a match in Ranked. But definitely not top tier. I think she's best at turning games you're going to anyway into easier wins. But in an even match/underdog situation there are better operators to choose.

The instant spawn kill fixed are a no brainer. They have to change those

Besides that, regular spawn peeking is just fine and people need to get good.

A number of people complain about getting killed running to the building as if the attackers should wait for u to enter the building.

These same people rush their drone to the obj, spam for points, and get it destroyed instead of using drones to scope out spawn peekers.

As for Cav, she is far from ineffective. Even against well oiled teams, she can take care of the lone straddler that decides to sneak around. A lot of teams tend to do this as its not always smart to force all players into a single point of entry.

Keep in mind this is ranked play and not esports. Reality is esports will just play the game differently and thats not necessarily best for the rest of us

Been thinking about buffs and nerfs and as for nerfs:

-Ash needs a bigger hitbox. She is insufferable. I think a general tweak to 3 speed operators may be good too

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I fucking always hated Ash. She's the biggest bs operator in the game and has been for a very long time. And now she has flash bangs. Just great.

While she can be quit OP in games our level and because of Packer, I don't think Cav is the best roamer,for the same reason Jackal is not top tier operator. In high level games people already know where everyone is due to drones, cams and pulse (this affects 2 of Cav's abilities i.e. the ability to hide herself and the infrequent ability to find other people's position), so when it comes to these operators it's all about the gun and while her pistol is great, it's very situational in that you cannot do a lot of conventional engagements with it against good players.

I'd say Valkyrie and Pulse are both a better roamer due to the combination of primaries, nitro cell and their utility that helps the entire team constantly over a large area without requiring a physical line of sight...unlike Cav's interrogations that only work. Jäger too is a better roamer purely due to his gun which is just so much better than any other defender gun that it isn't even funny.

Cav's silent step is great but she just needs to be spotted once for it to go to waste...and against players who know what they are doing she will get droned out, spotted by a shield operator etc and once people know where she is she becomes quite ineffective.

Also Blackbeard is middle tier now, he is no longer the OP operator that he was.

Blackbeard is still definitely top tier at counter-peeking, holding angles, and sitting on windows. You just need the correct positioning and reactions to exploit his strengths.

nOoblet16

I don't mind them fixing legit spawn issues, like Chalet Campfire. I didn't feel the Kanal one was particularly justified. It definitely changes Servers/Control attacks with that much safer rappel.

I've been noticing all sorts of random little changes on various maps that I don't think were referenced in the patch notes. They took out access to the awning across from Penthouse window on Coastline (right after I went to the effort to learn how to get up there, grrr).

The change that really bugs me are all the boxes they shoved under Visa stairs in Consulate. I'm not even sure why they did it. Mira reasons? We liked putting a sneaky bear trap in the dark over there and then wall bang them from the unreinforced wall on the right, with the left reinforced but that's all gone now.

And the fact that they're doing the changes stealth style is ridiculous.

As for Caveira... There's a reason the pickrate in Pro League is so low. I think she's a good pick for 1 or 2 rounds a match in Ranked. But definitely not top tier. I think she's best at turning games you're going to anyway into easier wins. But in an even match/underdog situation there are better operators to choose.

Kanal window was downright unfair. It was WAAAAY too easy to take out anyone rappeling or pretty much doing anything on that side of the map, especially considering people in the server room can pop out and shoot from that window within seconds. It's the entire reason no one used that wall at all for attacking. It should never be that easy !

The server room defense point is already way too skewed towards defenders in a game where odds are already stacked towards the defenders from the get go. If you want to take out the people rappeling on that wall then you need to go downstairs to boat room and open the door there, infact if you go down there then you can most likely kill people rappeling without even getting hit as they won't be able to hit you, but it requires some time, commitment and moving away from the objective, unlike using the side window that's been blocked off now...so it's a fair trade off.

As for the boxes under Visa in consulate, yea I noticed that too. I think it's to avoid campers in that location, I've camped there with a shotgun as a pulse for easy kills on anyone coming from left or right. There were already 4 different camping spots in that corridor if you were to include the one under the stairs.

Kanal window was downright unfair. It was WAAAAY too easy to take out anyone rappeling or pretty much doing anything on that side of the map, especially considering people in the server room can pop out and shoot from that window within seconds. It's the entire reason no one used that wall at all for attacking. It should never be that easy !
I was more referring to it for preventing spawn kills. If you look at their patch notes they have a graphic explicitly showing the view on the spawn implying that it was the reason for the change. The campfire one was a legit attackers head spawning in view of defenders for an instant pick when the round started. I don't think it was the same on Kanal, or at least it never happened to me or anyone I play with.

As for the safer rappel, I'm more agnostic towards it if that was actually a reason they had instead of an unintended side effect. It's a pretty big map change especially 18 months after launch.

But that was hardly the only place in the game where you needed lots of control of other things to make use out of it safely.

That window in Kanal makes server room objective broken now. All attackers have to do is hold 3 angles and have one person in the room to play objective. You set up a Glaz outside on the construction side spawn hut. Blackbeard at the server room window with the safety of the huge metal window. Any attacker with a gun on the L balcony working the server room wondow. An Ash or shield jumps into the room and plants/secures. It's free af honestly if you just drone it and hold your angles.

The server room defense point is already way too skewed towards defenders in a game where odds are already stacked towards the defenders from the get go. If you want to take out the people rappeling on that wall then you need to go downstairs to boat room and open the door there, infact if you go down there then you can most likely kill people rappeling without even getting hit as they won't be able to hit you, but it requires some time, commitment and moving away from the objective, unlike using the side window that's been blocked off now...so it's a fair trade off.

As for the boxes under Visa in consulate, yea I noticed that too. I think it's to avoid campers in that location, I've camped there with a shotgun as a pulse for easy kills on anyone coming from left or right. There were already 4 different camping spots in that corridor if you were to include the one under the stairs.

The Consulate change was because with a deployable shield, you could put it down in a way that let you stand on it and spawn peek from the drone hole. Nothing to do with camping spots.

All 3 speed operators are particularly painful when throwing in the lag and instant headshots. Caltrop operator is hopefully strong enough to specifically counter the likes of Ash, but I still really think she needs a fatter head.

The new hit detection only makes her harder to hit.

Blackbeard is in such a great place now, but its crazy how many used him as a crutch and find him worthless now. In a game like this, that one headshot makes all the difference, and so long as he has that advantage, he will be incredibly powerful in the deserving hands.

Been using Blitz more, its fun to finally use him more often.

nOoblet16

That window in Kanal makes server room objective broken now. All attackers have to do is hold 3 angles and have one person in the room to play objective. You set up a Glaz outside on the construction side spawn hut. Blackbeard at the server room window with the safety of the huge metal window. Any attacker with a gun on the L balcony working the server room wondow. An Ash or shield jumps into the room and plants/secures. It's free af honestly if you just drone it and hold your angles.

Uh, this is ridiculous. If you wanna make a point by forming a very specific and specialised argument favoring that point then you can do it for anything. You have already locked out 3 specific operators already and have specific roles for 4 of them, it banks on everyone being alive or else it won't work and also banks on defenders picking Server room...in case the defenders end up picking another defense point then the utility of such a specific team drops by a decent margin.

Anyone who wants to take out the person hanging can go down the stairs and pop out from there, but you'll tell me there's a Glaz watching from construction there....and I'll ask how is that any different from how it was before? Cause Glaz could watch the window from construction before too. Which is why the exact same thing you are suggesting could have been done before as well despite that window being open, yet it wasn't very easy to do that was it? It's because Server room is the most secure location on the map as is and that window was just borderline unfair. It's one thing to say it but another to play.

Any Blackbeard at that window can get C4-ed by even a remotely competent Pulse or Valkyrie, but it would require them to commit this time rather than get a free kill from the side. You can take out people on the L balcony from either the door next to kitchen (if there is no Glaz) or the other entrance towards the right of kitchen door.

Uh, this is ridiculous. If you wanna make a point by forming a very specific and specialised argument favoring that point then you can do it for anything. You have already locked out 3 specific operators already and have specific roles for 4 of them, it banks on everyone being alive or else it won't work and also banks on defenders picking Server room...in case the defenders end up picking another defense point then the utility of such a specific team drops by a decent margin.

Anyone who wants to take out the person hanging can go down the stairs and pop out from there, but you'll tell me there's a Glaz watching from construction there....and I'll ask how is that any different from how it was before? Cause Glaz could watch the window from construction before too. Which is why the exact same thing you are suggesting could have been done before as well despite that window being open, yet it wasn't very easy to do that was it? It's because Server room is the most secure location on the map as is and that window was just borderline unfair. It's one thing to say it but another to play.

Any Blackbeard at that window can get C4-ed by even a remotely competent Pulse or Valkyrie, but it would require them to commit this time rather than get a free kill from the side. You can take out people on the L balcony from either the door next to kitchen (if there is no Glaz) or the other entrance towards the right of kitchen door.

The attacker on the construction spawn hut can get the run out of kitchen door or L balcony because as soon as anyone heard breaking windows he would watch it. C4 at windows doesn't really work unliess the attacker somehow doesn't know C4 is there or what the c4 sounds like. Running out of the garage is countered by the attacker at the server window moving onto the roof when they hear footsteps. I was being specific for the most efficient way of doing it. There's no reason the other 2 attacking operators couldn't be Thatcher and Thermite. This would work with any attacking operators if you think about it.
Before the control room window could be shot out of when you hear the attacker and they would be scared off. It would be impossible for Glaz to get the defender who peaks out of there for a second and kills the repelling attacker. This used to give defenders access to the connector and a fighting chance. Attackers would try and counter this by having someone on the other building shooting through windows into the control room. Defenders would have to counter this by... etc.
My point is the window was a key part of the meta of that map and that location (yes it was the most popular location for defenders to choose first in most ranks). Without it there, there is an imbalance and not much point in choosing that place at higher ranks when people are using mics and you know the enemies are going to be somewhat coordinated.
Obviously the window had to be removed/covered up, but it's pretty gross how attacker favoured it made that map.

Have like 100K renown

Thanks to no new ops, I could probably spend 75K amd make enough by the time the next dlc drops

Whats the nicest thing on the store atm?

Top Bottom