• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro-GAF unite!

Laws00

no, i haven't been there in a while. do you go there often?

Naw I only go like once or twice a month.

Only one person showed up while I was there and bought some games wasn't entirely looking what they bought.

I know you've said you visited before. Wasn't sure if you go often or not or even if you live in New Jersey.

Naw I only go like once or twice a month.

Only one person showed up while I was there and bought some games wasn't entirely looking what they bought.

I know you've said you visited before. Wasn't sure if you go often or not or even if you live in New Jersey.

i try to go once in a while when i'm down south. i'll prob go by sometime this summer.

BTails

So I just started Dragon Quest VII since I'm on a business trip and needed a portable game... man, this is a slow burn! Usually I don't mind a slow start in a game, especially an RPG, but I'm an hour and twenty minutes in without a single battle! I'd heard this game was long, but MAN, it's crazy so far!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So I just started Dragon Quest VII since I'm on a business trip and needed a portable game... man, this is a slow burn! Usually I don't mind a slow start in a game, especially an RPG, but I'm an hour and twenty minutes in without a single battle! I'd heard this game was long, but MAN, it's crazy so far!

I dunno... I didn't think it took THAT long to get going. It'll click eventually, and when it does, the game is awesome. So glad the 3DS version eventually made it over.

It's my favorite game ever, but I mean it has been since I was 12 so I'm a bit biased. It's really, really good and you should stick with it.

Hot take: ARMS is a game made for Blockbuster Video. It's fun, but holy shit is there not much to do.
Yeah, that thread comparing it to SFV seemed kinda damning. Hopefully the DLC is good, but it's unfortunate that Nintendo's new IPs (ARMS and Splatoon) have both had to be supplemented with post-launch support to really be a full game content-wise.

Danny Dudekisser

Yeah, that thread comparing it to SFV seemed kinda damning. Hopefully the DLC is good, but it's unfortunate that Nintendo's new IPs (ARMS and Splatoon) have both had to be supplemented with post-launch support to really be a full game content-wise.

Well, Splatoon at least had a really fun single player mode. Short, but satisfying, and it gave you something to do other than just play vs matches. ARMS just has... fuck all to do, and it's not a particularly gratifying game to 1CC, unlike arcade fighters, for whatever reason.

D.Lo

Hot take: ARMS is a game made for Blockbuster Video. It's fun, but holy shit is there not much to do.
True.

I love the actual game and characters, and it has been another multiplayer hit at work, but it's very old school in content.

I'm surprised Nintendo released it without a story mode, or art gallery unlockables etc, that's pretty much all it needed. And they even have half that stuff on hand, as seen from the PR. From the game you wouldn't know that Mechanica is Ribbon's biggest fan, for example.

Peltz

I'm happy with it as a $60 game. It's like Rocket League or Mario Kart in terms of content. The core gameplay has hooked me so well that I really don't need a story mode or gallery.

Yes, it would have been great to have. And I am looking forward to the DLC. But I don't feel like the package is bare as is. There's a lot of ARMS to unlock for each character and online modes won't get old any time soon.

I'm surprised Nintendo released it without a story mode, or art gallery unlockables etc, that's pretty much all it needed. And they even have half that stuff on hand, as seen from the PR. From the game you wouldn't know that Mechanica is Ribbon's biggest fan, for example.

The announcer mentions before they fight if they meet in Grand Prix mode.

Been meaning to post. Got for 30 bucks about 2 months ago I think I said with some other stuff. That's when I said I should have bought that Valis 3 game for 10 bucks.

I know they're mad me....lol

Needs some intricate cleaning on the dpads some more

... are those wireless genesis six button controllers? .... legit made by sega? .... how have i never seen those ..... wow. nice.

finished the laser adjustment on one dreamcast last night and it started booting games again!!! hahahahha so happy. happy happy joy joy

Laws00

... are those wireless genesis six button controllers? .... legit made by sega? .... how have i never seen those ..... wow. nice.

finished the laser adjustment on one dreamcast last night and it started booting games again!!! hahahahha so happy. happy happy joy joy

Yes they're legit

That's why I posted the back of them with the MK numbers lol

Not only are they legit first party they are legit hardware. They actually work really well. And they feel great to hold and use. Highly recommended for Genesis owners.

I got some life out of my PC-98. I still can't get the compact flash drive to work though. I played a little bit of a fighting game on a keyboard. It was difficult.

punAQnH.png

D.Lo

Not only are they legit first party they are legit hardware. They actually work really well. And they feel great to hold and use. Highly recommended for Genesis owners.
Agreed, I have used one exclusively for years now.

The 6-button MD pad is kind of flimsy and small, these are IMO a form factor improvement too.

Laws00

So I met up with transistor_fist today

Only talked to him through facebook, and instgram. Wasn't sure what to expect.

Turned out to be a cool guy in the end.

He gave me a CRT tv. Man that shit is like NIGHT AND DAY compared to my HDTV holy shit.

It's an Apex Flat Tube

I showed him my everdrives, and he got to play Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire (burned) he was in amazement lol. He showed me the differences between the PC engine cd of Strider and the sega genesis version. Was doing infinites in Sailor moon. Fun times

He inspired me and I learned some things from him. I hope he did the same from me. Convinced him that burned CDs weren't going to kill his Turbo Duo....maybe.

Danny Dudekisser

Lol, fuckin APEX. I remember, back in high school, my friend bought one of those TVs, and we were carrying it upstairs, and I said something funny (because I'm a funny guy) and we almost dropped the thing down the staircase. But we didn't!

However, the thing sucked and he returned it.

Laws00

Lol, fuckin APEX. I remember, back in high school, my friend bought one of those TVs, and we were carrying it upstairs, and I said something funny (because I'm a funny guy) and we almost dropped the thing down the staircase. But we didn't!

However, the thing sucked and he returned it.

No joke this thing is pretty big.

We put the thing in my car and he dinged a small corner of my car door

I buffed it out so you cant even see/notice it lol

He found it by a dumpster....it had bird poop on it.....he didnt clean it off and gave it to me with the bird poop on it

I cleaned it up

Yes Boss!

The encounter rate is a lot higher in the DC version. I remember hearing the GameCube version has worse / more compressed audio but I dunno how true that is.

Yeah, always been a Dreamcast game for me. Never got around to playing the GC version...though I'm pretty positive we owned it at some point. And always read the original was better.

i have that for gamecube, is the dreamcast version better?

The Dreamcast has better audio quality but a higher encounter rate.

The GameCube version has higher poly models and additional content.

I prefer the original because the sound is the best part of the game and I'm not 100% sold on the wanted list.

They're both great and I typically play one or the other depending on which couch I feel like sitting on at the time.

Anyway, I have no problem with the encounter rate in the game. I think the biggest problem is how long some of the battles can take due to the animations.

Check this shit out though. Isn't it the greatest?

brainpann

This is a copy from my post in the BST.

I am selling a large portion of my gaming collection and am including links to two google sheets. The sales list is everything I am definitely selling and the complete list is a nearly complete list of my collection- just missing some Gameboy and TurboGrAFX/PC-Engine stuff. It is there mostly if anyone is interested in some games that haven't been listed yet. Keep in mind- there are a lot of games in the complete list that I plan on keeping. No prices are listed in either because it's a damn large list and I really don't have the time, but I'll try to give a good deal. Come at me with a reasonable offer. Gaffers will get a small discount -so please include your Gaf name- but keep in mind that shipping will still need to be added.

SALES LIST
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qCvw-6-Ej0Q5v81UPQnPQ-jcKgVH-X4UM8xknHO92JA/edit?usp=sharing

COMPLETE LIST
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1koUO6HSNfDTbNa6X-kdoKoARCTHzIcxO-nd64HAfvDU/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to ask questions. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. I can and will take pics and send them.

Thanks

I am selling a large portion of my gaming collection and am including links to two google sheets. The sales list is everything I am definitely selling and the complete list is a nearly complete list of my collection- just missing some Gameboy and TurboGrAFX/PC-Engine stuff. It is there mostly if anyone is interested in some games that haven't been listed yet. Keep in mind- there are a lot of games in the complete list that I plan on keeping. No prices are listed in either because it's a damn large list and I really don't have the time, but I'll try to give a good deal. Come at me with a reasonable offer. Gaffers will get a small discount -so please include your Gaf name- but keep in mind that shipping will still need to be added.

SALES LIST
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qCvw-6-Ej0Q5v81UPQnPQ-jcKgVH-X4UM8xknHO92JA/edit?usp=sharing

COMPLETE LIST
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1koUO6HSNfDTbNa6X-kdoKoARCTHzIcxO-nd64HAfvDU/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to ask questions. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. I can and will take pics and send them.

Thanks

Where are you?

Galdelico

(...)

Thanks

As Sheepy asked, where are you from?
Also, is it possible to send you a PM with a list of games (from the generic list, even if they aren't on sale yet), and ask for conditions etc.?
I'm in Italy, so I don't really want to waste your time, but if you're willing to ship overseas, there are a few titles I'm interested in. ^_-

SALES LIST

COMPLETE LIST

Thanks

PM'd. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Laws00

I was the flea market and some mother fucker tried to sell me a Namco Guncon for 65 bucks

When he told me the price he said something along the lines that I could go around town or something I wouldn't be able to find this gun for no less then 60. he said if I did, he would pay me.

I'm like this guy is crazy. He then cuts it in half saying he'll sell for 30 i'm like NO WAY SON. Then he goes to 25 bucks.

I'm like i'm not paying over 20 bucks for thing. he goes okay, let me flip a coin and im like GTFO out of here lol

He goes and sells it to me for 20.

Gun goes about 15 bucks. Shipping is 8 bucks usually.

Danny Dudekisser

I was the flea market and some mother fucker tried to sell me a Namco Guncon for 65 bucks

When he told me the price he said something along the lines that I could go around town or something I wouldn't be able to find this gun for no less then 60. he said if I did, he would pay me.

I'm like this guy is crazy. He then cuts it in half saying he'll sell for 30 i'm like NO WAY SON. Then he goes to 25 bucks.

I'm like i'm not paying over 20 bucks for thing. he goes okay, let me flip a coin and im like GTFO out of here lol

He goes and sells it to me for 20.

Gun goes about 15 bucks. Shipping is 8 bucks usually.

I miss light gun games so much :(

I used to be crazy good at Time Crisis 2 and 3, and I'd love to go back and play all that shit, but alas, there's no good way to do it.

Laws00

I miss light gun games so much :(

I used to be crazy good at Time Crisis 2 and 3, and I'd love to go back and play all that shit, but alas, there's no good way to do it.

How come you don't play them?

M only experience is with House of the Dead 2 and 3 at the arcades and Virtua Cop

I wanted to get into Point Blank when I was younger but that was when I was young and didnt have money

Played Time Crisis and it just wasn't my thing

oh can't forget lethal enforcers

Danny Dudekisser

How come you don't play them?

M only experience is with House of the Dead 2 and 3 at the arcades and Virtua Cop

I wanted to get into Point Blank when I was younger but that was when I was young and didnt have money

Played Time Crisis and it just wasn't my thing

oh can't forget lethal enforcers

Light guns + non-CRT = lol, back of the line, bitch

I'd pay some serious coin for a good port of Time Crisis, House of the Dead, Virtua Cop, etc. that lets you use a halfway decent gun controller on modern displays.

Laws00

I'd pay some serious coin for a good port of Time Crisis, House of the Dead, Virtua Cop, etc. that lets you use a halfway decent gun controller on modern displays.

All these times I thought you had a CRT or 2 lol my bad

Yes Boss!

I seem to be all nostalgic for recent retro games. A few hours into Zero Mission in anticipation of the big sequel on 3DS...now starting another file on Galaxy, which will be a decade old as Odyssey releases. Still the single best Mario and wanna give it another 100% before retiring it. I've played the shit outta Galaxy 2 and 3D Land and 3D World. But generally leave the first Galaxy for special times.

7B8F7BBC-8D7A-4713-9B71-02E0A2354FE6.jpg

The encounter rate is a lot higher in the DC version. I remember hearing the GameCube version has worse / more compressed audio but I dunno how true that is.

Yeah, always been a Dreamcast game for me. Never got around to playing the GC version...though I'm pretty positive we owned it at some point. And always read the original was better.

The Dreamcast has better audio quality but a higher encounter rate.

The GameCube version has higher poly models and additional content.

I prefer the original because the sound is the best part of the game and I'm not 100% sold on the wanted list.

They're both great and I typically play one or the other depending on which couch I feel like sitting on at the time.

Anyway, I have no problem with the encounter rate in the game. I think the biggest problem is how long some of the battles can take due to the animations.

Check this shit out though. Isn't it the greatest?
thanks guys!

i just got back from the beach and picked up some retrogames at a store nearby, will post later this week =)

Wii has some great lightgun games. House of the Dead 2,3 Gunbird/LA Machine Guns, Sin and Punishment, Ghost Squad and I heard Dead Doace was good . Plenty out there to fill the void.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wii has some great lightgun games. House of the Dead 2,3 Gunbird/LA Machine Guns, Sin and Punishment, Ghost Squad and I heard Dead Doace was good . Plenty out there to fill the void.
Yeah, I picked up Sin & Punishment Wii on Friday for $10 CAD at Walmart. I was surprised they still had that game in stock.

Got some decent deals on some retro goodness recently.

Awhile back my original PS2 component cables went on me, official ones were too damn expensive online, so I grabbed some 3rd party ones. They're alright but happy to grab some first party ones again for just 10 bucks.

Top Bottom