• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The *Definitive* PSP RPGs for Vita Thread

ReaperXL7

So Gungnir, and Growlanser wayfarer of time are both on sale for $15 a piece anyone recommend either? pretty curious in both honestly but thought id ask for opinions.

Z3M0G

Why is Phantasy Star Portable 2 in the OP? Has that ever worked on Vita???? Please say yes!

And holy shit! This is what Dragon's Crown started as, isn't it?!:

lKkPs.jpg

Edit: Oh wait, this is a PSP game... Dragon's Crown was still definitely a spiritual successor to this though.

ChrisMoses

Neo Member
Hi,

Does anyone know if Star Ocean is playable on the Vita yet? I'm debating buying an SNES version or not; I'd check the store, but I'm at worl...

Joe Molotov

Hi,

Does anyone know if Star Ocean is playable on the Vita yet? I'm debating buying an SNES version or not; I'd check the store, but I'm at worl...

Nah, it's not in the PSN store; UMD only. Just like Final Fantasy I & II 20th Anniversary and Kingdom Hearts BBS and Crisis Core because SE hates us.

Valkyria

Banned
This thread is awesome. In Eu FF are on sale, FFI is wort it? I believe FF II is not to good but I never played the first two.

Valkyria

Banned
I'm so pissed that the EU psn only has the 50hz versions of these games.

But those are the PSP games. True about the lack of 60 hz version of psx classics. I own all the original games for psx but I'm really close to buy VII and VIII again to play on the go.

But those are the PSP games. True about the lack of 60 hz version of psx classics. I own all the original games for psx but I'm really close to buy VII and VIII again to play on the go.

Yeah, sorry, I know, I mean the PSone games.
I was going to pick up FF9 to play on my vita but SCE can go stick the 50hz versions where the sun never shines.

BTW, the slowdown in war of the lions hasn't been fixed right?

Azull

One game that everyone should play but can't legally on the vita is final fantasy crisis core. I still pop it into my psp from time to time...such a shame it isn't on psn.

I've been thinking a lot about Final Fantasy XII recently, so I'm in the mood for another Matsuno game. If I were to only get one Matsuno game on my Vita, which one would it be?

-Final Fantasy Tactics/War of the Lions: I played about 7 or 8 hours of the iOS version, but I don't really game that much on my phone and I didn't pay attention to the story very much as I didn't realize it was so acclaimed at the time, so I wouldn't mind revisiting this one. Also which version is better: Psone or War of the Lions?

-Tactics Ogre: Let us cling together: I basically know nothing about this game besides the fact that I hear it's really good and it's an srpg.

-Vagrant Story: This one definitely looks the closest to FFXII in terms of its fucking beautiful art style and gameplay, and the story sounds intriguing. My only hesitation is that the battle system sounds super convoluted and confusing.

leroidys

I've been thinking a lot about Final Fantasy XII recently, so I'm in the mood for another Matsuno game. If I were to only get one Matsuno game on my Vita, which one would it be?

-Final Fantasy Tactics/War of the Lions: I played about 7 or 8 hours of the iOS version, but I don't really game that much on my phone and I didn't pay attention to the story very much as I didn't realize it was so acclaimed at the time, so I wouldn't mind revisiting this one. Also which version is better: Psone or War of the Lions?

-Tactics Ogre: Let us cling together: I basically know nothing about this game besides the fact that I hear it's really good and it's an srpg.

-Vagrant Story: This one definitely looks the closest to FFXII in terms of its fucking beautiful art style and gameplay, and the story sounds intriguing. My only hesitation is that the battle system sounds super convoluted and confusing.

I love FFXII but was only able to enjoy FFT and Vagrant Story with a lot of effort and some heavy reservations.

Both have really strangely arcane systems that are very frustrating, even in the War of the Lions remake. I haven't played it, but I've heard that tactics ogre fixes a bunch of the issues I had with WotL. I would recommend that as the most accessible, or Vagrant Story if you want something completely unique but opaque and frustrating.

I love FFXII but was only able to enjoy FFT and Vagrant Story with a lot of effort and some heavy reservations.

Both have really strangely arcane systems that are very frustrating, even in the War of the Lions remake. I haven't played it, but I've heard that tactics ogre fixes a bunch of the issues I had with WotL. I would recommend that as the most accessible, or Vagrant Story if you want something completely unique but opaque and frustrating.

Hmmm, I did enjoy the brief time i put into WotL on iphone, but I just never put serious time into iphone games. I'm probably gonna go with Vagrant Story since the art/story are both super intriguing, and coupled with the fact that it's apparently not very long and only $6 makes it a pretty tempting buy.

Why is Phantasy Star Portable 2 in the OP? Has that ever worked on Vita???? Please say yes!

And holy shit! This is what Dragon's Crown started as, isn't it?!:

lKkPs.jpg

Edit: Oh wait, this is a PSP game... Dragon's Crown was still definitely a spiritual successor to this though.

I would KILL to have Vanillaware revisit bringing this over

This game would have sold gangbusters if it hit when it was supposed to

killatopak

Gold Member
Is that Wayfarer of Time? Bought it for my Vita a long time ago but haven't even touched it beyond trying for like, 10 minutes.

Is it an RPG...?

Wayfarer is a good game albeit time consuming since there's a lot of stuff you can do besides the main game.

If people can consider KH an RPG surely Gurumin can too.

I just got started on Valkyrie Profile Lenneth and I sort of like it what i find weird is that the sword you get from Freya during the first boss battle disappears right after the fight and that sword would be useful in the dungeon I'm in right now that's full of monsters that constantly guard.

Is there a weapons shop in the game?

Top Bottom