• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix - Murdered: Soul Suspects teaser site (360/PS3/PC, Eidos, 2013) [Image]

Ah. Maybe between the lighthouse and a graveyard? There is actually a graveyard named harmony grove. Just like the antiques shop in the picture.

There's a lighthouse just on the other side of Palmer Grove exactly where the cemetery is. Cemetery is on the east, lighthouse on the west. It's the derby wharf light station

ekim

There's a lighthouse just on the other side of Palmer Grove exactly where the cemetery is. Cemetery is on the east, lighthouse on the west. It's the derby wharf light station

That lighthouse is pretty far away from the cemetery. Or am I missing something?

That lighthouse is pretty far away from the cemetery. Or am I missing something?

Was just thinking that the light might be the lighthouse and the dark might be the cemetery. There's a body of water in between. Palmer Cove. However there's another lighthouse further up north, where the Winter Island Park is located.
But this might be just nothing. I was more wondering about the ghosts: how come in salem? There's a big possibility that the ghosts are related to the withccraft past of Salem and Marblehead.

ekim

Was just thinking that the light might be the lighthouse and the dark might be the cemetery. There's a body of water in between. Palmer Cove. However there's another lighthouse further up north, where the Winter Island Park is located.
But this might be just nothing. I was more wondering about the ghosts: how come in salem? There's a big possibility that the ghosts are related to the withccraft past of Salem and Marblehead.

Lovecraft actually was inspired by Salem. They even have pretty good track record in burning witches.

Lovecraft actually was inspired by Salem. They even have pretty good track record in burning witches.

Yep was checking out the same thing. Guess where Innsmouth is, or WHAT actually is

EDIT.

on a side note. The door to the lure shop looks open to me?

Yeah it's ajar.

EDIT

no i meant, it makes me think about that 663 number, and the 664 across the street.

Another thing might be that between the lighthouse and the cemetery, on the coast tho, there's the pickman park. Pickman house was built in ... 1664?

There you go, i think i jus pushed myself into a closed alley haha!

EDIT 2

Back to the hint: "the light and the dark". Funny that the painitng on the Newbury page is "newbury marshes: sunlight an shadow".

Light and dark, light and dark...

blues...Depression.

Or police.

blvd

?

i've been looking for anything that might tell us where that street is, nothing so far. Also: squeezing my brain but nothing comes when thinking about light and dark, other then keywords that don't work on the website

I can not think of anything.

Anyone notice the weird tint/colors on the lure shop door?

i'm starting to think that the answer lies in the picture with the symbol drawn on the ground in chalk. The picture also has two background .png, darknoise and lightnoise

Persona7

Banned
I think this thread would probably get more activity if "ARG in progress" or something like that is in the title :(

What is reflecting in the window on the evidence photo? I see a tree on the right and something else on the left.

ekim

i'm starting to think that the answer lies in the picture with the symbol drawn on the ground in chalk. The picture also has two background .png, darknoise and lightnoise

Wait... what picture?

edit: ah that picture... but a jpg has 2 pngs as background? I don't get that.

Wait... what picture?

edit: ah that picture... but a jpg has 2 pngs as background? I don't get that.

Here i am. So, i'm a complete newbie when it comes to check infos and metadata and stuff like this in files and web pages, but clicking that picture with a right click and choosing infos on the menu, gave me a new page that had a list that says that the picture is a mix between three different ones: two PNG backgrounds and the actual pic. The backgronuds are called darknoise and lightnoise. Could be a coincidence could be a hint.

As for now, the possible paths are:

- Light and dark are a metaphor for good and evil, sun and shade, or the like. We have to find the connection.

- They refer to actual light and dark in the pictures. I'm sure there's other hints in there and we have to find them. We have to remember that the last evidence was an audio file of the murder and we have to stay focused on it. Could it be a reference to the shadow on the body? to something hidden between a lightsource and a dark spot in the pic? Or that we have to play with contrast in photoshop until something shows up?

- It connects to Salem, but i think this is just too far fetched

What do you think guys?

ekim

Here i am. So, i'm a complete newbie when it comes to check infos and metadata and stuff like this in files and web pages, but clicking that picture with a right click and choosing infos on the menu, gave me a new page that had a list that says that the picture is a mix between three different ones: two PNG backgrounds and the actual pic. The backgronuds are called darknoise and lightnoise. Could be a coincidence could be a hint.

Where did you rightclick? In the browser or the windows explorer?

€: ah! found it! yeah this belongs to firefox. it's the default background for pictures afaik.

Where did you rightclick? In the browser or the windows explorer?

€: ah! found it! yeah this belongs to firefox. it's the default background for pictures afaik.

See? told you i was a newbie. Damn coincidences tho, making me all confused :D

EDIT:

The point is that i'm quite convinced that (unless a new hint is necessary, as this last one is far too generic) it's about something in a picture. They both visually depend on the contrast between dark and light. Also. THE light and THE dark?

EDIT 2:

On a side note, i guess this street myust be between harmony grove and the lighthouse, basically a side alley located around downtown salem. All that dark history, it happened there. I wonder what's that building in the second pic, the one with a flag

Now your finding comes into play :eek:

If this clue leads to something that can only be found through a geeky manipulation of files and webpages, i'll be disappointed tho, i was going all detective on this :D

EDIT:

In the last hour i tried looking for infos on O'connor, and didn't find anything. I looked in pics of Salem for a street that could resemble the on in the pic, nothing so far. This together with staring at those pics, to see if something else might be hidden somewhere and i can't see anything. If we have to manipulate the files, that's the only thing i can't do. I don't even have a photo editing software.

Top Bottom