• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Nov 4th) [Up: Info]

McDougles

Beating themselves by a few days, literally no one would expect it coming!

Yep, Activision doing that would be silly. Now who else, in a video that begins and ends with Xbone signage, would want to get a leak out like this?

I'm privy to whatever crackpot theories I please!

Pop

Well I gotta say the visuals are actually kinda great looking. Digging those pov mechanics.

I usually only buy Treyarch COD's but I'm on board right now.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but wasn't there someone in gaf (the banned sony "insider" dude maybe?) saying that Acti will drop Microsoft marketing partnership this time around? I guess he is wrong again?

nah the most he said was that acti wants to do more with sony, or something like that.

viveks86

Interesting. Didn't think they would change things up so much. They have my attention. Might get it for the single player if it is any good.

This look very interesting really. this type of change is what CoD need.

Hope they sell the single player as stand alone for half the price on steam, I'm interesting in Sledgehammer (loved the original Dead Space) games but don't really care for MP.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but wasn't there someone in gaf (the banned sony "insider" dude maybe?) saying that Acti will drop Microsoft marketing partnership this time around? I guess he is wrong again?

It didn't really make sense anyways. Sony is pushing Destiny, MS is pushing CoD. Activision wins.

Metfanant

not to be off topic...but i DESPISE posts like this...dudes go out of their way to give us information that they hear from connections they have and it doesnt always turn out to be right...cut them some slack...they could keep their mouths shut and not give us anything

Pain

Banned
Why? Probably the best title actually. People were used to playing Modern Warfare. You thought that was advanced compared to the past WW2 shooters? Well, what's next? Advanced.

Trailer looked cool TBH. Might give it a go this time around. Haven't bought one since MW2.
I would've preferred Future Warfare but I guess they're saving that for when they go full on sci-fi.

Nah. It's probably like Watch Dogs where it's primarily being built for next-gen systems, but another studio will handle a down-port for 360 and PS3.

Yeah, Activision has said that it's going to be cross-gen, but it's being built for the PS4/Xbox One/PC first and the other consoles will see a version of it. They probably won't abandon last gen consoles for another year or two.

Kibbles

Dem flames, dem smoke
F6QbhMY.jpg

Vire

Looks like the Microsoft partnership is still in effect. Footage from the Xbox One version.

Seems interesting, even if it does crib ideas from Titanfall.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
This is the first CoD I've been excited for in a long time.

And I'm more excited for the Single Player than the Multiplayer, that hasn't happened for even longer.

daman824

So that was in game footage running on an xb1? This game is looking fine. There has to be a huge difference between the ps4/xb1 version and last gen this time around. It's a huge step up from ghosts. That lighting is really impressive.

Have they even seen Titanfall?!? Yes I think they probably have seen Titanfall. Looks good though. But a trailer is a trailer. But taking down asshole Spacey could make for a pretty decent campaign.

def sim

I haven't bought a CoD since MW3. I'm actually kinda stoked for this. I think exoskeletons is an impressive piece of technology so that helps, too.

Saberus

Looks like people don't have anything to complain about anymore. Graphics are next-gen. Gameplay is changing. Story seems interesting...

Wut?? Oh.. there will be plenty to complain about in the coming months, this is the beginning of the Gaf relationship..its always nice.. lol..

Looks like the Microsoft partnership is still in effect. Footage from the Xbox One version.

Seems interesting, even if it does crib ideas from Titanfall.

Could they realistically do that? This game has been in development since 2011 and Titanfall was only first shown in June of last year.

maneil99

Yeah, Activision has said that it's going to be cross-gen, but it's being built for the PS4/Xbox One/PC first and the other consoles will see a version of it. They probably won't abandon last gen consoles for another year or two.
The last leak (which seems to be coming true) says Black ops 3 will be next gen only next year.

Perfect time to make a new Advance Wars game and make the moms buy the good game unsuspectingly.

It's foolproof.
I'm only partially kidding

Unfortunately, I don't think parents will be tricked by the smaller box
because Advance Wars totally going to be a 3DS game

Odrion

Banned
Looked nice but man that writing is so fucking hacky. It's kinda funny seeing Kevin Spacy try to say that stuff with a straight face. It's the most boilerplate "Raaawr I'm an evil villian" stuff ever.

welp. this is gonna suck in multiplayer.

in regular ass warfare the guns already shoot a million rounds per minute and have no recoil, you can see through walls with gps, use highlighting tracking sights, and kill people with sniper rifles that you dont even need to aim with...... all this crap ends enemy confrontations in 0.00003 seconds. Having the high ground does not matter, having team mates does not matter, nothing matters. Just run around holding left trigger right trigger.

will buy day one.

oxidax

Hold up hold up hold up... Are you telling me THAT's a Call of Duty game? COD? a game that has shitty graphics and an engine that only got an upgrade so that the fishes could actually look and swim like fishes?
NO..
On denial...

HOLLY SHIT!!

WOW! Kudos, Sledgehammer.

JayEH

Is this still running on the old CoD engine?

Also, it was confirmed a few months ago it would come to last gen as well.

Top Bottom