• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch accessories (Hori/Officially licensed by Nintendo)

30 euros for the pro controller alternative worries me slightly, I'd imagine it'd have to be functionally identical to the official one and at that price would surely make motion controls unlikely

Arcade stick is cool, but not unprecedented or surprising really.

yes, it's just cool seeing tekken 7 pretty much confirmed like this, since pokken uses controllers in all its incarnations and smash uses any controller under the sun except this one. i haven't picked up a 3d fighter in years. I'm kind of looking forward to trying it out.

i suppose it could be something random and unannounced, though.

opricnik

Banned
Tekken 7 would be a great launch title but Nanmco hasn't even got a release date for Tekken 7. Injustice is confirmed May for other platforms so that wouldn't be the launch game.

Could be something obscure like Guilty Gear or BlazBlue.
I seriously doubt they will release console something nice as those at worst they will try for Umvc3 or Mortal kombat for mass appeal

Oregano

Tekken 7 would be a great launch title but Nanmco hasn't even got a release date for Tekken 7. Injustice is confirmed May for other platforms so that wouldn't be the launch game.

Could be something obscure like Guilty Gear or BlazBlue.

You know what else hasn't got a release date? Switch.

You know when Tekken is getting a release date? This month.

You know when Switch is getting a release date? This month.

aBarreras

Yeah. It's an option because it goes against what they're marketing.

If that's the case why would they be selling an Ethernet port accessory if the dock came with a port already?

maybe sometimes you go with your switch to a friend house and you dont want to take the dock but you also want a wired conection? idk

Why would you use it though when the Switch has USB 3.0 which supports a gigabit connection.

I didn't think of the limitations of USB 2.0 in this instance, but we don't know what version ports the dock has. Could very well be 3.0 though, and maybe this accessory will make more use of it.

If that's the case why would they be selling an Ethernet port accessory if the dock came with a port already?
I never said the dock came with an Ethernet port. Just that it supports a wired connection. Which it does, via an adapter apparently.

KAL2006

Banned
Harada did say that the Tekken 7 release date would be announced at an event in January...

Oh shit really. Then this pretty much obvious the big fighter is Tekken 7. Would be cool if it !ade it for Switch launchwill. Obviously not expecting time exclusivity but just the game being out in time for all platforms for Switch launch.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I don't know much about WiFi tech, but how good is the rumored WiFi on Switch? I'm talking stability and speed.

AdanVC

I never buy console accesories but color me interested on that fighting stick, Tekken 7? SFV??? Ahhhhhhhh!! so hypEdDdDDDDDD

sanstesy

NeoGAF is the only forum I visit where people honestly get hyped for fighting sticks. I've never seen one in real life.

i dont care for a ethernet port either on the tablet or the dock, but i mean that adapter could be for the tablet and the dock already has one? idk
I see what you're saying. You could be right. But idk what ports the Switch has on it.

I still lean towards it being for the dock.

LQX

The most exciting accessory on that list is this...
1484086095-1573091-apparatuurtassen-hori-game-card-case-black-nintendo-switch-nsw-025u.jpg

I bought a few of these for my Vita and 3DS games and they are so awesome. I dunno why but just really like these things. I like looking at it, I like touching it, I live the convenience of it. I don't even mind buying games anymore without original cases as all my games immediately go in them. Also Hori accessories are almost always very high quality, on par or better than Nintendo's.

Mechazawa

The lack of an ethernet port is one of the most consistently maddening decisions from Nintendo. It's hamstringing a segment of the population's internet connectivity that might otherwise be able to plug in an ethernet cable just fine.

It's definitely not surprising though after two consoles.

Hoping at least half of these accessories are available on store shelves at launch. Couldn't get a Hori tpu case for my n3dsXL until a few months after it launched. Same thing for phones these days, too.

trixx

I never buy console accesories but color me interested on that fighting stick, Tekken 7? SFV??? Ahhhhhhhh!! so hypEdDdDDDDDD

Street fighter 5 is playstation exclusive for consoles, so probably not.

The lack of an ethernet port is one of the most consistently maddening decisions from Nintendo. It's hamstringing a segment of the population's internet connectivity that might otherwise be able to plug in an ethernet cable just fine.

It's definitely not surprising though after two consoles.

agreed should be included in the dock, there is an adapter though so there's that. Necessary for a game like splatoon online

HotHamBoy

Harada did say that the Tekken 7 release date would be announced at an event in January...

And TTT2 was a Wii U launch game. Nice.

So. Here are my random thoughts:

-Holy shit, the Switch sure is big with the Joycons on. Defintely too big for pockets or ourses. Not going to be a commuter's handheld (Japan).

-i'm hating the loss of the d-pad just so their dumb mini controller gimmick is possible. No one is going to use those joycons as seperate controllers.

-disappointed at the lack of custom joycons from 3rd party. It is worrisome that Nintendo will not do it themselves, i epreally wanted a GC-style one or joycons with a proper d-pad. Smash is going to suck in tablet mode.

-so no ethernet port on the Switch dock? Ugh.

-really surprised by the presences of a HRAP4! I already have one for PS4, tho... also, I bought a Wii U Mad Catz fight stick and Tekken TT2 was the only fighting game they released on that system. Except Pokken and Smash, which don't use a fight stick. Waste of money.

Even then, there is already a solution for those who feel it's necessary. Just buy the adapter if it's important to you. This complaining is nuts.
Ding ding ding.

I don't see the big deal. We live in an age where people want less wires and people have wifi. Just buy the Ethernet accessory.

Top Bottom