• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

EGM92

Seems like it'd be pretty simple in creative mode, or maybe in the classic version which you can play for free here.

meh not going to bother lol thanks though.

I looked at the SotN challenge it says arcade... does that mean it can't be done on the PSP? I got SotN on my PSP through Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles and it's at 200.6% :(

EGM92

Alright I can confirm, the PSP version is acceptable for SotN

Just made a VERY crude shape of a 3DS in the side of a hill lol I hope they accept it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Minecraft challenge complete. Not too difficult.
Yeah it was extremely simple once I got the proportions right. I felt inadequate once I saw the videos posted in the thread though.

I got credited for the SMB3 challenge for doing it on my GBA SP. I can't believe that gave a 1-up and was worth more XP than the Triple Town challenge. It took me about an hour and that's because I haven't played SMB3 in a very long time.

RS4-

Ugh, finally finished Bayonetta. Not sure which of the new ones I'll do, most likely Minecraft. World of Goo is kind of hard.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Just a quick question, who are you exactly? are you part of the site? how do you the Mister *'s?

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?!

I am a Toronto-based video game reporter who owns and operates NextGen Player (www.nextgenplayer.com), a Canadian-focused gaming site I launched four years ago.

Last three years I've been a regular independent contributor to the Future Shop Tech Blog (www.futureshop.ca/techblog), and more recently became the Gaming Editor.

I'm not a Mister, though I do like to pretend I'm Mister H (lol). No connection to Tsilon.ca, other than I'm a G-List member and I report on it. Since I get asked all the time, I'm not an employee of Future Shop and have no idea what their business arrangement is with Tsilon.ca.

Fuzzy

Just got credited my 400xp for the Minecraft 3DS picture. That was fast and now I'm level 27.

BTW you can also get one of three coupons for a $99 3DS by doing the Minecraft challenge. I'm guessing the winners will be announced next week (after the 20th).

RS4-

My 3ds is brutal as well lol. I'm still not sure if I actually want one though, even at $99.

Not sure if I'll work on SOTN

Riptwo

Nooooooo,I had a SotN save with 200.6% complete on my PSX memory card!
Me too, but a friend borrowed said memory card years ago along with a couple of games and never returned it. I've been pestering him about it but I'm not too hopeful, and I really don't wanna try for all 200.6% again.

Just took a pic of my 200.6% completion SoTN PSN stat to send in for my first challenge XP ever, this is pretty exciting! Even though Im only at level 14 :( need to do more tests but Im not so hot at the trivia. Can't wait for it to go through

Just remembered my save name for SoTN was THRILLHO bahahaha

Am I crazy or is the world of goo challenge as close to impossible as it gets. I'd be surprised if there were more than 100 people on the planet that managed to do this lol.

Fuzzy

Am I crazy or is the world of goo challenge as close to impossible as it gets. I'd be surprised if there were more than 100 people on the planet that managed to do this lol.
I've had Goo on Steam for a long while now and I'm not even trying. Shit is too hard.

I just noticed the SotN challenge because of you guys talking about it and submitted a pic from the PSN version I did last year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
and there you have it, I was about to attempt it since I always had the game, and then I immediately realized how ridiculous the challenge was. Should be worth 10K exp or something.

Yeah the prize rewards are horribly disproportionate. But for the most part, it's do some feat that would take you about a week in raw hours and get rewards.

What time EST do free game codes go out each day?

Nooooooo,I had a SotN save with 200.6% complete on my PSX memory card!

I thought I had one too... just checked on my 3 memory cards and it is not there. I can't see why I would have ever deleted that file...

Now I am discouraged since I thought I had it done already... not sure I want to start over. How long does it take? Been so long since my 200.6% save.

the3ye

who's going to a meetup on saturday?
after few problems, my 3ds is in progress...and won't be here before end of the week....or maybe?
Where are they shipping from?

I did the mario on emu... without problems

So it says test questions updated in the glist section or something? But I don't see that being the case...maybe they put up that graphic a bit early? Or maybe I'm just not understanding...

whitehawk

Banned
They updated the site. There is now a meetup in Toronto. I think it's near the Eaton Centre.
You're right :)

It's says to meet right at yonge and dundas. There happens to be a Futureshop at that corner, so it makes sense. Says to show up from 12-4pm, and if you have a 3DS you can get a code using streetpass.

I'll be going with my 3DS, and I'll share the code here. :)

If I don't feel sick as shit maybe I'll go down to get that streetpass XP bonus lol

But this site keeps looking like a futureshop dealie

EGM92

To those that have used their free game code, if I gorder an SE/CE thats 69.99$ I know I have to pay the difference but do I also have to have the taxes/shipping fees?

Top Bottom