• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

joevigilante

Neo Member
I think there are apps for the PS3 and Xbox available, but not in Canada.

I did find this via Google, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything: https://canada.cinemanow.com/devicesps3.aspx

The fact that it's on a canada.cinemanow page gives me a little hope, but I wouldn't be able to try it out until late tonight... if someone tracks it down or can confirm it's not available here, that would be great. (Well, it would be crappy if it's not hear, but the knowledge would be appreciated)

yea the app isn't available on the canadian psn store. I had to create a US account to download the app but once i did, I couldn't figure out how to connect it to my account. I couldn't find anywhere on their site to add the ps3 either so i just gave up. too bad since i want to watch it on my two month old plasma as opposed to my 8 year old computer.

I did the secret of mana challenge, level went from 21 to 23 lol. Well I was 3/4s away from 22. Anyway an easy 2000xp since I already had the save on my ipad for a while.

whitehawk

Banned
yea the app isn't available on the canadian psn store. I had to create a US account to download the app but once i did, I couldn't figure out how to connect it to my account. I couldn't find anywhere on their site to add the ps3 either so i just gave up. too bad since i want to watch it on my two month old plasma as opposed to my 8 year old computer.
I thought CinemaNow was canadian exclusive service? This is weird. And we need the PS3 app since the service is dumb as not allow HD videos on their website...

mrgone

taped my user name onto my tv and used my iphone. Took me like 3 tries tho.

Nice :) I'm a comically bad photographer and had to go back for a mana refill to cover all the attempts to get a shot that wasn't blurry and still had the text on the screen. I'm actually starting to hope the next hardware perk is a tripod :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow, that Castle Crashers Achievement is pretty easy for 1100xp. Just take a picture at the boss fight wielding the fish I'm guessing?

I did it in about an hour of grinding. It's not very hard - you just play the game long enough to earn coins to buy the hat, suit, and jetpack (I think it's about 23,000) and then do one round over 1000m, which is pretty simple.

That wasn't so bad, fun game

Spike

I'm just going to keep plugging away at the challenges and hope for the best. At this point, I only really want a Vita for $99 perk, and I'm thinking it will come in a few months or so. With the headset, they are showing they are willing to offer something that costs $250 for $99, so I think the Vita will be available once the launch hype dies down.

Vamphuntr

I'm just going to keep plugging away at the challenges and hope for the best. At this point, I only really want a Vita for $99 perk, and I'm thinking it will come in a few months or so. With the headset, they are showing they are willing to offer something that costs $250 for $99, so I think the Vita will be available once the launch hype dies down.

Yeah but there are only *30* headsets for that price. I really don't think you'll see a 99$ Vita for a while since it's so new and when there will be one, it will be a F5 contest like the 3DS one where only 100 coupons were available.

Pretty sure the perks are in collaboration with companies. Willing to drop the price has probably nothing to do with it. I mean sure they gave away 500 games but that's nothing for Future Shop. They probably got a deal with Nintendo to the 3DS deal, same for the Playstation Display. For the PS Display, there was also a big push in every stores by Sony. There was a big price cut everywhere for it so it was probably part of that marketing push.

Moreover, all of the live events so far involve using your 3DS so its clear they had a deal. There will probably be one with Near (Vita) in the future I guess.

What disgusted me the most are people trying to get a free 3DS game out of the 3DS perk since futureshop offered a game for free with every 3DS console like one week after the perk. The amount of whinning and stories of harassement of customer reps were sad, really.

Yeah but there are only *30* headsets for that price. I really don't think you'll see a 99$ Vita for a while since it's so new and when there will be one, it will be a F5 contest like the 3DS one where only 100 coupons were available.

Pretty sure the perks are in collaboration with companies. Willing to drop the price has probably nothing to do with it. I mean sure they gave away 500 games but that's nothing for Future Shop. They probably got a deal with Nintendo to the 3DS deal, same for the Playstation Display. For the PS Display, there was also a big push in every stores by Sony. There was a big price cut everywhere for it so it was probably part of that marketing push.

Moreover, all of the live events so far involve using your 3DS so its clear they had a deal. There will probably be one with Near (Vita) in the future I guess.

What disgusted me the most are people trying to get a free 3DS game out of the 3DS perk since futureshop offered a game for free with every 3DS console like one week after the perk. The amount of whinning and stories of harassement of customer reps were sad, really.

Futureshop should stay consistent, some people got games, some people didn't
If I had ordered mine a few days later I would have gotten the game for sure but I used the code right when I got it =/

So. I won a free game code.

Or so I thought; 3 days of getting the run around with their customer support, which included 3 phone calls and driving to the local Future Shop twice.

I was sick of the bullshit and canceled the order(the order was stuck at authorization). Tried to do it again, using a friends Future shop account, code is used up. Worst online shopping experience I have ever experienced.

SickBoy

Or so I thought; 3 days of getting the run around with their customer support, which included 3 phone calls and driving to the local Future Shop twice.

I was sick of the bullshit and canceled the order(the order was stuck at authorization). Tried to do it again, using a friends Future shop account, code is used up. Worst online shopping experience I have ever experienced.

Why did you go to your local Future Shop store?

Spike

Heh, I just walked into the store and asked the rep and he gave it to me with no hassles. But then I actually do purchase alot of items from FS, and he knows me.

whitehawk

Banned

I am very confused.

edit: The deal is over anyway. I don't think they would do it now. :(

SickBoy

Because customer service told me to.

OK... but what does your local store have to do with an online order? If it was for in-store pickup, the code email did state that it was for delivery only.

BTW, I'm just curious how things went wrong... hopefully they'll be able to fix it for you.

OK... but what does your local store have to do with an online order? If it was for in-store pickup, the code email did state that it was for delivery only.

BTW, I'm just curious how things went wrong... hopefully they'll be able to fix it for you.

Long story short, the problem stems from me being a student a long distance from my hometown(Which is where it was shipping to, as it is my permanent address). To 'authorize' the payment of 0.00 they wanted me to call from my permanent address, which is a 6 hour drive when it isn't blizzarding. .

SickBoy

Long story short, the problem stems from me being a student a long distance from my hometown(Which is where it was shipping to, as it is my permanent address). To 'authorize' the payment of 0.00 they wanted me to call from my permanent address, which is a 6 hour drive when it isn't blizzarding. .

Bizarre.

Good luck with it... let us know how it turns out.

Conference that shit. Anyone residing at your permanent home? Call them and tell them to call Future Shop. They can put you on a three-way conference and you say 'IT'S ME!!'

LeetBM

Neo Member
If you spent less time blogging about the site and more time playing games to complete challenges then you'd be higher. :p

This is so true, lol. I started blogging out of my love for video games and now four years in I realize I'm writing more than I'm playing games. Oh the irony.

EGM92

I ended up using my code on the SFxT collectors edition, 5$ charge isn't bad.

I'm blasting through FF13-2 hopefully I'm able to get that trophy.

I'll ask again, do we know what the 1up's are used for on the site?

RS4-

FS for whatever reason doesn't have the CE listed for 360 lol.

As for 1ups, I remember that they were thinking about letting you use them to re-do some questions...but that was a while ago. I don't know if they still plan on doing that. I don't think anyone in their right mind would use a 1-up for a 15pt or even 100pt question.

Achtius

Can someone explain to me how to find the answer to redosupport and grenaid?

For the redosupport, it seems they want us to phone them so i type in their phone number and it didn't work so no idea what they want there

For the Grenaid, i have no idea at all.

:(

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Used my code on Diablo III Collector's edition... This way, if they don't have enough, I'll end up getting the standard edition free :)

krae_man

FS for whatever reason doesn't have the CE listed for 360 lol.

As for 1ups, I remember that they were thinking about letting you use them to re-do some questions...but that was a while ago. I don't know if they still plan on doing that. I don't think anyone in their right mind would use a 1-up for a 15pt or even 100pt question.

It's probably a complete redo of all questions, or at the very least an entire category.

Man I've been playing all none XP games this week. I need to fire through Jetpack Joyride, Little Deviants and Mass Effect 3 Demo tonight.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's probably a complete redo of all questions, or at the very least an entire category.

Man I've been playing all none XP games this week. I need to fire through Jetpack Joyride, Little Deviants and Mass Effect 3 Demo tonight.
If you haven't started Little Deviants yet then you better because it's going to take you a while.

krae_man

If you haven't started Little Deviants yet then you better because it's going to take you a while.

The AI will probably take a week to update the weekend challanges again. I've got time :)

I might bail on that one anyway. It's so hard to stop playing Hot Shots.

Vamphuntr

Can someone explain to me how to find the answer to redosupport and grenaid?

For the redosupport, it seems they want us to phone them so i type in their phone number and it didn't work so no idea what they want there

For the Grenaid, i have no idea at all.

:(

I had my friend join the site recently and I think you can't do the green one anymore unless you do it during the period the AI is online. The code is deactivated after that period.

Try to do the orange one instead. That's what my friend did.

I'll be going for the UMvsC challenge on my Vita. Hope there are mostly scrubs online so it will be a quick 10 ranked matches.

EGM92

I'll be going for the UMvsC challenge on my Vita. Hope there are mostly scrubs online so it will be a quick 10 ranked matches.

It must be cross platform play, I just faced a 3rd Lord something... he has over 200wins and a bunch of loses. I got ripped apart.

It must be cross platform play, I just faced a 3rd Lord something... he has over 200wins and a bunch of loses. I got ripped apart.

Maybe he's a Japanese Vita player. I don't recall this being crossplay. I thought the DLC just crossed over and you could control the PS3 version with the Vita.

I might be wrong though.

Does anyone know what to do for the No More Heroes challenge? I beat the Wii version but I'm not sure what you need to take a picture of. It's been a while since I played it.

RS4-

Does anyone know what to do for the No More Heroes challenge? I beat the Wii version but I'm not sure what you need to take a picture of. It's been a while since I played it.

I'm not sure what it is either, I just assumed you take a pic while you're fighting Henry during the "real ending" option or something.

At least that's what I did.

EGM92

Maybe he's a Japanese Vita player. I don't recall this being crossplay. I thought the DLC just crossed over and you could control the PS3 version with the Vita.

I might be wrong though.

Actually I was way off he was 414 Wins and 65 loses... that's a lot of UMVC3 if just on the vita.

Top Bottom