• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIMPLICITY
  • Star Wars Battlefront marks a return to a simpler time of shooter games. There are no killstreak rewards, perks, or weapon attachments. No prone stance, or limited movement when aiming down a sight. Access to powerful weapons and vehicles are scattered around the map for the taking. Weapons have unlimited ammo in addition to an active-reload style cooldown system, and are weaker than most of today’s shooters which result in longer times to kill.

Nice thought, but I wish they'd taken the same philosophy to their weapon/perk unlock grind. Don't remember having to deal with those in simpler times.

nikos

Currently watching all of the films in preparation. Was falling asleep during the first two, but I'm hoping I end up liking it by the end of the series.

Not sure how I feel about the lack of a traditional campaign, but enough friends are picking this up to keep multiplayer interesting.

Voidwolf

Amazing OT! Can't wait to start playing this at midnight on the 17th, if only PC had EA Access.

gHm17s0.png
Womp rat*

Sorry, I had to.

Hikami

Can't wait to play this.
Well.. yes I can since I have Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4 to keep me busy til Tuesday. But this is what I've been waiting for. Played the beta non-stop and I'm ready for more.

MrDaravon

Does the EA Access of this give you the 100% full game, just with the time limit constraint? I don't have an Xbox One myself but if so I'm eagerly anticipating extended hands-on from folks with levels/gear/modes past what was in the beta.

JDHarbs

Nice thought, but I wish they'd taken the same philosophy to their weapon/perk unlock grind. Don't remember having to deal with those in simpler times.
I don't know if I would call it a grind. Most will unlock everything pretty quickly. The total list of weapons in the game is a fraction of the size of other shooters.

Traits didn't seem nearly as unbalanced in this game as traditional perks are in other shooters. The impact on gameplay seemed minimal, at least in the beta.

They're there, but definitely simplified in comparison to other games from this genre.

Prototype

This is a lovely OT, and I am so happy we can have a game like this, the simplicity part of the OT in particular is perfect. Exactly why I'm excited to get it.

Tubie

Shit I forgot we get an early OT due to EA access.

Can't wait for your impressions XboxGAF!

Got my Ultimate Digital Edition ready to go for next week tho.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Bought Rise of the Tomb Raider and Fallout 4 on launch day. Now this just around the corner. GCU helps, but wallet's taking a beating...

Lrrr

Currently watching all of the films in preparation. Was falling asleep during the first two, but I'm hoping I end up liking it by the end of the series.

First two as in Eps 1/2 (TPM, AOTC) or the original releases as in Eps 4/5 (ANH, ESB)?

I was wondering why this OT was already up. Damn EA Access is a thing of beauty and I'd pay for it if I had an X1.

One more week, can't wait to play. Will be nice to get some impressions of the whole package though.

lol pretty screwed up that they can't give an exact time when the game will be available, considering we're less than two hours away from the 12th.

C'mon, EA.

Yoday

I wonder why all three versions are a different size? They all seemed to be running the same assets in the Beta. It increases by 4GB from platform to platform as well, that seems like a strange coincidence.

oh I found it, I clicked on the full game in ea access, which took me to the store. Then right next to "Bundle Only" is the option for the trial

Jtrizzy

Based EA Access, Is there no way to see file size, download speed, or a time estimate on XB1? I thought there was but all I see is a percentage sign with no info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom