• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

I completely forgot Araki's manga theory book was out until I saw it at a bookstore today (then bought it for $11 on Amazon because come on retail prices). Has anyone here read it?

I have (bought it and such).

It's really solid. Not so much a "how-to-manga" book but basically his personal ethos on storytelling, and character writing and design. It's under the lens of a manga author, so a lot of it is very business focused (how to keep readers, working with your editor etc). I recommend it.

Ezalc

Anasui's ridiculous crush is hilarious.

Also I like Diver Down's design but it's power was more interesting before the change.

I skimmed it at the bookstore, was kind of disappointed it was so short when I thought it was going to be this really in-depth book with a lot of art and such.

To be honest, when I heard about the book that's what I thought it was going to be too, but seeing it be a shorter book made me more interested in purchasing it.

I have (bought it and such).

It's really solid. Not so much a "how-to-manga" book but basically his personal ethos on storytelling, and character writing and design. It's under the lens of a manga author, so a lot of it is very business focused (how to keep readers, working with your editor etc). I recommend it.

Neat, I'll probably pick it up then.

I liked the book because I love reading about Araki's thoughts, which is why I'd love a collection of his musings from the collected volumes of Jojo.

Also, a new fashion brand collaboration with Araki is coming, featuring Killer Queen.

More at the link

I would be truly happy if my items would protect the people who carry them, for health and safety, and at times when they have to fight, for love or in their work.

Oh Araki

Tizoc

tumblr_oxg7z4t16Y1vqghj4o1_540.jpg

http://p1lotcookie.tumblr.com/post/166139262062/a-dapper-gents-who-lure-peoples-into-their-fair

I ought to start Cuphead soon.

Tizoc

Lucy Steel is 14 years old?
Dang Araki.
I demand the first lady look mega attractive once we get to the anime adaptation!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Chapter 70's out.

Araki been on a LedZep kick lately, eh? Although Urban Gorilla was cool, I'm glad it ended here and is rolling right along to the next guy.

Jojolion 70

It was a cool fight. Plus, the return of Araki's old trope of "have a character smoke to show off how much smarter/older they really are".

Is Josuke's ability getting a new explanation now with that "string" tease?

Tizoc

Sooo...Jojolion is good?

Hell yeah. Although you can tell Araki goes in a different direction with the plot once Norisuke Sr. teams up with JoJo.

BTW, you should get to continuing Steel Ball Run Jaded, the Stando Bullshit is but a few chapters away! YOU CAN DO IT! I BEREEVE IN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Euphony

Banned
JJL 70
So Josuke's bubbles aren't actually materialized soap bubbles but rather a rapidly vibrating string or cord. Interesting. I wonder if this was how Josefumi's Soft & Wet worked as well or if it's another side effect of the joining.

Another fun chapter as usual, I enjoyed it

Jaded judgement is too clouded
Jaded was broken by Made in Heaven and Gold Experience Requiem.
Hell yeah. Although you can tell Araki goes in a different direction with the plot once Norisuke Sr. teams up with JoJo.

BTW, you should get to continuing Steel Ball Run Jaded, the Stando Bullshit is but a few chapters away! YOU CAN DO IT! I BEREEVE IN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
I do need to get back to it though.

Ionic

I'm so excited that we got some good plot progression this time. It was pretty satisfying having some suspicions confirmed by Josuke.
I don't know what to expect with the reveal that S&W's ability is slightly different than we've known, but I really can't wait to see.
I'm also hoping we move right in to the next stand encounter by the end of the next chapter.

convo

I think that's why I just put it down. There was nothing in that first volume that stood out to me.

It must have been hard for people that followed it monthly years ago, jojo fans seemed a little different before the anime hit.It doesn't surprise me that people got rustled by that slow monthly pace early on, but then it ramps up to unprecedented numbers of ?????? and "awww shiiiiiiit son" moments and i think that particular spoilery wiki page made people want to blast through part 7 immediately after it concluded. Those /a/ archives of the last spoilers of part 7 seem so small like early seasonal gaf anime threads that reached a dozen pages at most.

It must have been hard for people that followed it monthly years ago, jojo fans seemed a little different before the anime hit.It doesn't surprise me that people got rustled by that slow monthly pace early on, but then it ramps up to unprecedented numbers of ?????? and "awww shiiiiiiit son" moments and i think that particular spoilery wiki page made people want to blast through part 7 immediately after it concluded. Those /a/ archives of the last spoilers of part 7 seem so small like early seasonal gaf anime threads that reached a dozen pages at most.

It's my understanding that part 7's identity crisis (Is this a Jojo part? Is it not?) threw some people off and Steel Ball Run had a hard time getting off the ground sales-wise because of it.

Squishy3

We definitely have to be close to entering the end game now, right?

Closing off the Higashikata Estate to enclose Josuke and the plant appraiser with the New Rokaka fruit seems like it's heading towards the end of the part.

Euphony

Banned
We definitely have to be close to entering the end game now, right?

Closing off the Higashikata Estate to enclose Josuke and the plant appraiser with the New Rokaka fruit seems like it's heading towards the end of the part.

It seems that way, and if it is then the part is looking to be on par with how long Steel Ball Run was.
One thing I'm not certain yet is who the big bad of the part is. We know there's a big conspiracy around the Rokakaka and Rock Humans, as well as Jobin and possibly Kaato's collaboration with them, but there's no main villain like every other Part. At least not that I'm aware of. Maybe Araki is going for a different approach to storytelling, but I'm kind of doubting that.

Astral

After the California King Bed arc, the First Lady asking Lucy to sit on her, and the first few pages of Rohan at the Louvre, I wouldn’t mind reading a soft core erotica written and drawn by Araki.

Top Bottom