• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 1 Apr 2009 (new Wii/ps2 title announced)

Hive

Banned
Puyo Puyo 7 for DS is so great to hear!!! 15th Anniversary was never localized, so let's hope this one is~

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
TreIII said:
So, based on both precedents, as well as FireProClub putting its "reputation" on the line? This is either at least partially true, or FPC is basically looking to throw themselves under the bus... :lol

We'll see. However, with all previous Fire Pro games last gen and even with DC, a teaser website was always up pretty damn quick. The only reputation FPC has is with it's own community and they would have nowhere else to go anyway.

The deadline for questions is April 1st...that doesn't help them any.

I want it to be true, but expectations are zero until I see the website, confirmation and screens. =P

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
Can't wait for Darkside Chronicles information. Something tells me we'll get a steady stream of information every few weeks on this one.

Doesn't it have 12-18 months development time left or are you thinking it could come out this year (~2 years after UC)?

cvxfreak

donny2112 said:
Doesn't it have 12-18 months development time left or are you thinking it could come out this year (~2 years after UC)?

I thought it was a 2009 game. Said "this winter" in Capcom USA's press release.

Don't think Capcom would want to miss the holiday season with the title.

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
I thought it was a 2009 game. Said "this winter" in Capcom USA's press release.

I'm going off what that guy said who kept hinting in one of the Wii Capcom threads (Pennywise?), when he said it was at least 12 months away and probably 18. I don't know how reliable that was, though. The edge of "winter" could be 12 months from the announcement, but I agree that getting it out before Christmas/New Year's would make the most sense sales-wise.

Edit:
And this probably doesn't deserve its own thread, but Level-5 recently had an interview with Nikkei. They said that the PS3/360 overshot consumer needs by targeting developer wants. They also said,

"As a publisher, we can't just not develop for consoles. We considered quite a bit and have now pretty much decided on the direction that should be taken. We were able to make many popular series like Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven, and Ni no Kuni. We will use such series as weapons to evolve our console business."

I think that sounds like Wii development, especially with the early Inazuma screens looking like a Wii game, IIRC.

jsrv

・Wii Oboro Muramasa 9/9/8/8
- Single player mode 10~12 hours, two players about 30 hours
- Great graphics and sound, and the difficulty is neither too hard nor easy
- The loading time is surprisingly short
- There's no major climax in the game, so the game has a monotone feel
Good :D

SD Gundam G Generation
- PS2/Wii
- SRPG
- 2009 Summer Release
- 70% complete
I had fun playing G Generation Zero and F a long time ago, too bad I don't have an imported PS2 anymore

Queens Blade Spiral Chaos
- PSP
- 50% complete
A fighting game? Who's developing?

Flying_Phoenix said:
Oh darn it they made it easier then Odin Sphere. But yeah I'm glad it's shorter then its predecessor since I don't think I can put more then 30 hours in a game now-a-days. 10 to 12 hours seems like a good time.
Odin Sphere's hard was bullshit hard, though, so I think this bodes well.

"Will my attack stun the enemy? Perhaps! Or perhaps not!"
"Can I successfully control my character despite the game running at 5FPS? Let's find out!"

donny2112 said:
I think that sounds like Wii development, especially with the early Inazuma screens looking like a Wii game, IIRC.

Can't wait to play Izuama Eleven IF it gets localized here.

RocketDarkness said:
Odin Sphere's hard was bullshit hard, though, so I think this bodes well.

"Will my attack stun the enemy? Perhaps! Or perhaps not!"
"Can I successfully control my character despite the game running at 5FPS? Let's find out!"

Opinions are opinions, but I think that's a matter of needing to get better at the game as I haven't ran into those problems. Stunning was more of a risk then something standard (hence why I hardly used it). I found the game to be hard because it wouldn't take many attacks to kill your character.

EDarkness

donny2112 said:
Edit:
And this probably doesn't deserve its own thread, but Level-5 recently had an interview with Nikkei. They said that the PS3/360 overshot consumer needs by targeting developer wants. They also said,

I think this pretty much confirms that developers are all about the hardware for the most part. Which explains why the Wii has such a hard time getting developers to jump on board.

cvxfreak

donny2112 said:
I'm going off what that guy said who kept hinting in one of the Wii Capcom threads (Pennywise?), when he said it was at least 12 months away and probably 18. I don't know how reliable that was, though. The edge of "winter" could be 12 months from the announcement, but I agree that getting it out before Christmas/New Year's would make the most sense sales-wise.

Assuming development started after UC was done, then going by that time table, the game may have a development period of 29-35 months (17 + 12-18). I highly doubt it would take that long. UC took about 18 months if I remember correctly.

jeremy1456

Where's Link to claim that no Japanese developers are ever going to announce PS3/Xbox 360 projects ever again?

That is what he does when there are no new game announcements for specific console(s) in famitsu, right?

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
- Single player mode 10~12 hours, two players about 30 hours
Can I take that to mean 12 hours each player and 30 hours to beat it with both characters? It better not be 12 hours after the fantastic 30 hour odin sphere.

neo2046

jsrv said:
Good :D

I had fun playing G Generation Zero and F a long time ago, too bad I don't have an imported PS2 anymore

A fighting game? Who's developing?
Queens Blade Spiral Chaos is a SRPG from Bandai Namco
no idea who is the developer

neo2046

non famitsu news

new Koei Temco logo

index_p01.gif

I'm going to make a thread requiring that Koei/Tecmo should make a Dead or Musou Beach Volleyball Gaiden crossover game then a year later they're going to announce they're 50% done with it.

I'm also calling dibs on Okuni/Christie for my team.

phez

Banned
disappeared said:
Did the Evangelion games get better after those weird Sega Saturn releases?

Not the action games, but the SRW cameos are fucking stellar, and I hear the dating sims are top notch

CiSTM

Banned

\,,/ ROCK ON WII !

When was the EU release again ?

Hive said:
Puyo Puyo 7 for DS is so great to hear!!! 15th Anniversary was never localized, so let's hope this one is~

For what it's worth, the DS version of 15th Anniversary recently got a translation patch from the Puyo Nexus group. (They also just released a patch for the PC version of Puyo Puyo Sun, which included a minigame collection called Puyo Olympics.)

cvxfreak

:|

Darkside Chronicles "coverage" was just a little snippet that rehashes the first unveiling of the game. The focus was actually on Kawata. Oh well.

Acosta

Is there any news of any localization for Murasama? I swear I will get a japanese Wii if they don't bring that.

Dascu

Nice score on Oboro Muramasa.

Is there any news of any localization for Murasama? I swear I will get a japanese Wii if they don't bring that.
XSeed is going to localize it for the USA... sometime later this year. Rising Star Games is going to localize it for Europe, in 2010.

Acosta

Dascu said:
Nice score on Oboro Muramasa.

XSeed is going to localize it for the USA... sometime later this year. Rising Star Games is going to localize it for Europe, in 2010.

Awesome, thanks.

Amir0x

Banned
_dementia said:
Digging the Oboro Muramasa score.

Out of curiosity, what did Odin Sphere get? I felt that game was shit.

9/9/7/7

Famitsu is so fantastic lolol

Pretty lame week for game news, but I guess we did have GDC :lol

Puyo 7 DS is July, the PSP and Wii versions are just Winter. Queens Blade looks freaking horrible. Evangelion proves GameWave leaks again.

wow at Bandai SD Gundam G Generation Wars, I guess its from the SD Gundam G Generation Spirits (PS2, Nov 2007) team? Guess the PS2 isn't dying until Bandai says so, although it looks like Gundam Station 2 with the Musou, Axis no Kyoui, SD GGG...

Scan of Puyo Puyo 7 is out!

I only see one shot of the Wii version and one of the DS version.

Wii shot's in 4:3 in case anyone was wondering (thus it was obvious it was the Wii version :p).

Of course, the Wii shot shows the outside of the school as one of the levels. The Ds shot seems to show the inside of the classroom as another level.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
so how about that tales of vesperia ps3 scan?

also tales of dissidia. can't say i didn't expect namco to try to knock-off the dissidia formula.

Stumpokapow said:
so how about that tales of vesperia ps3 scan?

also tales of dissidia. can't say i didn't expect namco to try to knock-off the dissidia formula.

Add the request of the Tales of Graces scan too!

radcliff

neo2046 said:
Tales of Graces (Gracia), Tales of VS for PSP, Tales of Vesperia Movie and PS3 port scans are up

Do the pics in the scan for Tales of Graces just show scenes from the old trailer, or are they new screens?

Dascu

radcliff said:
Do the pics in the scan for Tales of Graces just show scenes from the old trailer, or are they new screens?
New stuff. One of them shows a battle against a big red dragon of sorts.

Top Bottom