• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Zelias

Banned
Playing a DH this season. Slowly making my way up to GR70 but I think I need to work on my gear some - get some ancient pieces, a Hellfire Amulet, level up my legendary gems etc.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Finally found out what was going on with the bindings of the lesser gods in that Inna LTK build... the effect buffs the damage dealt by the clones spawned by Rabid Strike. It's not about the normal mystic ally pets, it's about those clone LTK's.

Apparently this has been known for while.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/16527322731?page=25
"Inna LTK builds using Rabid Strike (No Gyana, but BotLG) will have mimicked LTKs doing ~255% of the damage of your LTKs"

Shouta

You could go for an Inarius build. Inarius is the weakest of the Necro's builds (ever since the Mirinae gem glitch was fixed), but it's also the easiest to play

Didn't they fix/nerf the proc of 6-set bonus? I was reading up about it and it seemed like changed that and not the legendary gems like MIrinae, etc. I didn't see any notes so I only saw some posts on reddit by the devs.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Didn't they fix/nerf the proc of 6-set bonus? I was reading up about it and it seemed like changed that and not the legendary gems like MIrinae, etc. I didn't see any notes so I only saw some posts on reddit by the devs.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Technically, I don't know if the glitch had to do with the gem or the set, but either way, the gem used to proc way too much. They did hotfix it, which is why you didn't see any notes. That's why Inarius fell off the leaderboards. It's still 'viable', but, to quote D3 YouTuber Rhykker, it's F-Tier at best now. IIRC, Mirianae used to help both with damage and survivability, so that nerf alone had a huge impact on the power of the build.

Kind of a shame, as it was a very relaxed, braindead playstyle. You need those too between all the craz squishy glass-canon min-max extravaganza.

Dunfisch

The isse was that Bonestorm had a proc-coefficient of 1 - which basically guaranteed Mirinae would go off constantly. It's hence been nerfed to 0.15, IIRC. On the whole, Mirinae only triggers one sixth as often as it did pre-nerf, huge difference.

Other direct damage gems - Pain Enhancer, Toxin and Wreath - aren't affected by that mechanic, given they rely on Crits, plainly hitting your enemy at all and 15% fixed chance to trigger on hit respectively. However, whereas Wreath of Lightning might be a good choice, someone apparently found out it deals only a fraction of the damage it should, so it sucks for Inarius too.

Meanwhile, here I am trying to wrap up my season journey. T10 rift in less than 2 minutes was brutal by myself, I tried fishing for a good layout, but the game just shat all over me in that regard. First public game I join, boom, wide open fields with elites every 2 screens. Got it :p .

T13 in less than 4 minutes, that's not so hard either, but needs a dedicated group to split and hunt elites each. Once I get that, I'm done with the season journey and can enjoy relaxed Paragon farming :D ...

Sanctuary

Other direct damage gems - Pain Enhancer, Toxin and Wreath - aren't affected by that mechanic, given they rely on Crits, plainly hitting your enemy at all and 15% fixed chance to trigger on hit respectively. However, whereas Wreath of Lightning might be a good choice, someone apparently found out it deals only a fraction of the damage it should, so it sucks for Inarius too.

Wreath is still used in the Inarius Corpse Explosion build for the speed boost. That build is still one of the fastest clearing builds in the game for up to GR69. Inarius still "works" similarly to how it did before, it just works less. At least it's still not Pestilence though.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, trying to level a new seasonal character a few days after the season starts is a pain. I couldn't get into any low level rift runs last night, I guess most people are high level or 70 already. I may have to level solo the slower way to 70. Eh, it still shouldn't take too much time, made it to 24 in an hour and a half by myself...

This is my 1st season but i thought you would get a different Armour piece for each Haedrig's Gift?

I have completed the 1st 3 chapters with my Witch Doctor but got a duplicate gear piece when i opened the 2nd gift.

Chapter 2 - Head and Hands
Chapter 3 - Feet and Shoulders (I got Head and Feet)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no idea what to play. I wa sure it was going to be Necro but the Inarius nerf hurt bad, and I hate the Traug play style.

I could go Crusader, I think that spinning hammer build is still good right? That was fun for the brief time I tried it. Looks funny too.

Alrus

Kind of a shame, as it was a very relaxed, braindead playstyle. You need those too between all the craz squishy glass-canon min-max extravaganza.

I'm currently using a very unoptimized(barely any ancients, missing Krisbin's ring)Tragoul pet build that is ridiculously braindead. Things just melt. It'll be even more braindead if Dainty's belt worked with other curses besides decrepify (what a dumb design decision).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
no idea what to play. I wa sure it was going to be Necro but the Inarius nerf hurt bad, and I hate the Traug play style.

I could go Crusader, I think that spinning hammer build is still good right? That was fun for the brief time I tried it. Looks funny too.

Haven't you heard? The Rathma build is the new kid on the block. You should give it a try.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Haven't you heard? The Rathma build is the new kid on the block. You should give it a try.

wait u serious? but is it actually pet rathma, or some fucked up non pet version because pets are bad mkay?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
wait u serious? but is it actually pet rathma, or some fucked up non pet version because pets are bad mkay?

Pet rathma. Regular skeletons + mages. Mages form the bulk of your damage, but your skeleton warriors are still pretty powerful, and they're essential for the huge damage bonus provided by the Jesseth set and for healing.

Its full potential is unknown, but it's at the very least much stronger than Inarius and Pestilence. Some people at the top of the seasonal necro leaderboards run Rathma. The #3 player ran Rathma last time I checked.

I myself have only been playing Rathma this season so far. Pretty good DPS on GR70. Tends to be less squishy than Trag'Oul too.

Radec

Finally got my necro to GR70 using rathma.

I still not really liking my build. Too squishy.
When I die, the chain of deaths is imminent due to skeletons doesn't go up at the same time.

accx

Man, trying to level a new seasonal character a few days after the season starts is a pain. I couldn't get into any low level rift runs last night, I guess most people are high level or 70 already. I may have to level solo the slower way to 70. Eh, it still shouldn't take too much time, made it to 24 in an hour and a half by myself...

If you're on EU i can boost you if you want?
I'm just about to cook dinner so will be in, in an hour or two

Quote to reveal tag!

Unless you're doing HC, in which case i can't help ya!

EDIT:
I keep looting the ring "Broken Promises", when all i want is another Unity ring. It's almost as if the game is trying to tell me something.

EDIT2:
Balls, i'm busy tonight, i just realized. Add me anyways if you want to. I'll prolly log in late but i'll help if you wanna.
If anyone wants a boost in EU you can add me as well. If not new character, please have Leoric's Signet (pref. at lvl 1), Leoric's Crown in cube (and socket helm with red, dropping at level 17 i think), and try to craft Born's set and Cain's set @ lvl 23. I think that's all the gear that's needed.
If you're just starting a new season char i can run through campaign 'til skeleton king so we can get the crown.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I'm on console, and I'm only just experiencing Seasons for the first time, thought what the hell I'll do a Necromancer. Best thing about Seasons on console to me is no cheaters, which is what's kept me from playing the game anyway.

So people can still take hacked items into the regular game, right? Blizzard didn't find a way to fix that, did they?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
If you're on EU i can boost you if you want?.

Nah I'm in the US. I'll probably hit 70 myself before I can arrange any kind of power leveling, no biggie. I don't mind doing it the "hard" way, it doesn't take that long anyway, but thanks!!!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm having so much fun with the Witch Doctor. Adjusted some of my skills to work with the set pieces I have got so far. I'm on Chapter IV right now. Need to see if I can do T2-4 and if not then maybe run some rifts. I still have a lot of rare gear I need to get rid of.

Zertez

This is my 1st season but i thought you would get a different Armour piece for each Haedrig's Gift?

I have completed the 1st 3 chapters with my Witch Doctor but got a duplicate gear piece when i opened the 2nd gift.

You just cube your duplicates to get the missing pieces that is why many consider it a set.

Shouta

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Technically, I don't know if the glitch had to do with the gem or the set, but either way, the gem used to proc way too much. They did hotfix it, which is why you didn't see any notes. That's why Inarius fell off the leaderboards. It's still 'viable', but, to quote D3 YouTuber Rhykker, it's F-Tier at best now. IIRC, Mirianae used to help both with damage and survivability, so that nerf alone had a huge impact on the power of the build.

The isse was that Bonestorm had a proc-coefficient of 1 - which basically guaranteed Mirinae would go off constantly. It's hence been nerfed to 0.15, IIRC. On the whole, Mirinae only triggers one sixth as often as it did pre-nerf, huge difference.

Meanwhile, here I am trying to wrap up my season journey. T10 rift in less than 2 minutes was brutal by myself, I tried fishing for a good layout, but the game just shat all over me in that regard. First public game I join, boom, wide open fields with elites every 2 screens. Got it :p .

T13 in less than 4 minutes, that's not so hard either, but needs a dedicated group to split and hunt elites each. Once I get that, I'm done with the season journey and can enjoy relaxed Paragon farming :D ...

OK, That makes sense. I wasn't gonna run Inarius for season anyway since I did it so much for off-season but good to know since someone asked in Clan chat but I hadn't heard about it yet.

Pet Rathma is really good. My favorite build is with Singularity Mages and Reaper's Wrap. You basically kill everything as you go and summon full power mages as you pick up health orbs from Corpses. The higher your essence, the bigger the damage bonus so the Mages become your main source of damage while the Skeletons provide clean-up and freezing.

accx

Nah I'm in the US. I'll probably hit 70 myself before I can arrange any kind of power leveling, no biggie. I don't mind doing it the "hard" way, it doesn't take that long anyway, but thanks!!!

Maybe this will help you out?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcmZ9_9ceBSgpASOm4KcNb2NtcZvzaWX_TkFpQjgxKo/edit

teambrg.com also has some decent general advice.

Also useful (probably posted here earlier):

Droprate per class:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cM-s4e66ql2zsrkfkfKXmvVJ4zmngzxdzVLk9gvLvT8/htmlview?sle=true#

Which level an item drops. Useful for creating alt and increasing chances. Discussed earlier here (Thanks for that btw!)
http://d3planner.com/game/kadala

Rhaknar

was doing bounties for cube mats, I finish the last one, but before I could talk to tyrael my power went out, lost all the bounty progress...

...good place to rage quit for now >_>

accx

It's one of the main reasons i don't do HC, at all. I've got a superstable 1gbit fiber connection but there's always gonna be server hickups. D3 also has this weird variable tickrate (tickrate is the wrong word i think?), where spamming actually are more often detrimental. It's like the GCD changes based on something.
Rogue/HC is not for me when it comes to isometric arpgs. I tend to spam quite fast and it just seems that the server doesn't pick up on it sometimes.

...On the other hand, i'd quit the season forever if my HC char would get killed...

Anyone else play manald heal archon wizard? Sometimes the laserbeam just does literally zero damage and it's making me crazy, I've found forum threads on this going back to january with lots of people reporting the issue so I KNOW I'm not actually crazy but if this is an actual bug how hasn't it been fixed? Like it's not just that it's not proccing, I mean I am clearly lazering a big ol' elite or boss and the hits aren't registering, they don't flash, there are no numbers, the health bar doesn't move, etc. Sometimes this can last seconds, which might as well be forever in a GR.

accx

Been trying too many necro builds and have since lost some which i was gearing towards.
What would be the easiest build for pushing 70? I'm at 68 now. Anything that's not relying on LOTD & Corpse Lance please. Inarius build would be appreciated!

EDIT:
Anyone else play manald heal archon wizard? Sometimes the laserbeam just does literally zero damage and it's making me crazy, I've found forum threads on this going back to january with lots of people reporting the issue so I KNOW I'm not actually crazy but if this is an actual bug how hasn't it been fixed? Like it's not just that it's not proccing, I mean I am clearly lazering a big ol' elite or boss and the hits aren't registering, they don't flash, there are no numbers, the health bar doesn't move, etc. Sometimes this can last seconds, which might as well be forever in a GR.

I've noticed something similar as necro when using Corpse Lance. I've found that i have to hit them "just right", in a weird way. Dunno if it's something similar to your issue though... I haven't noticed this before necro launched.

Alrus

Been trying to get a Shadow Hook for 2 days and I only realized now that it's 2 handed scythe and not a one handed one, so much Hope of Cain wasted...

Also getting a Traveler's Pledge has been a nightmare, those dumb Blackthorne amulets keep trolling me ;_;

Are you sure about that? That ain't supposed to happen, Haedrig gift always give you a full set. That's the whole point of it.

Been trying too many necro builds and have since lost some which i was gearing towards.
What would be the easiest build for pushing 70? I'm at 68 now. Anything that's not relying on LOTD & Corpse Lance please. Inarius build would be appreciated!
Any full set will do 70 easily as long as you have the rest of the gear to do it. Rings, weapon/off, amulet.

Check guides/leaderboards to see what items you need to have on your character and cube.

accx

Any full set will do 70 easily as long as you have the rest of the gear to do it. Rings, weapon/off, amulet.

Check guides/leaderboards to see what items you need to have on your character and cube.

Yea i know. Often dependent on the rolls though. Do one need to complete a grift before the timer runs out for it to count (in this case, grift 70 for unlocking primals)?
Anyways, i got it done with some rerolls on my rathma faceroll set.

EDIT:
What i meant was that most of the builds on DF are kind of min-maxed (and make no mention of it, usually)... I'm lazy so i often test builds that pop up there 'til i find one that suits me and/or make me progress.
Anyways, the rathma summoner build is legit. It's super squishy though, so i opted for Reds in gem slots instead. I could probably reach 80 with my shit gear. Not a fan of the build though.
Trying to gear up for a Inarius build (yea yea, it's shit i've heard). Got essentially everything needed for building whatever, though shit rolls as usual.
I've gotten two (2) Unity since season 11 btw! Still no 'Freeze of Deflection'.. The only missing part.

Sanctuary

Pet rathma. Regular skeletons + mages. Mages form the bulk of your damage, but your skeleton warriors are still pretty powerful, and they're essential for the huge damage bonus provided by the Jesseth set and for healing.

Its full potential is unknown, but it's at the very least much stronger than Inarius and Pestilence. Some people at the top of the seasonal necro leaderboards run Rathma. The #3 player ran Rathma last time I checked.

I myself have only been playing Rathma this season so far. Pretty good DPS on GR70. Tends to be less squishy than Trag'Oul too.

I absolutely hate how Command Skeleton is required for the damage bonus, and how it falls off so much, even when other enemies are on the screen. It's just another button to worry about having essence for while also trying to summon full essence Mages (which is impossible to have 10 of outside of land of the dead). Since I couldn't even get a Jesseth above 2200 anyway, I just went with a 4400 two-hander and cubed Reilenas. Hasn't been an issue yet.

But I ended up finally getting everything I needed for the Corpse Explosion speed build, and I'm using that instead to farm with. It might not be able to push, but I'd rather play the awful Blood Lance build than Rathma's. Rathma's has so many fucking problems that are exclusive to pet builds. Not only is the uptime on the Mages bad, you are fucked on my favorite boss Perdition if you don't have Land of the Dead available, Mortar sucks hard because it one-shots you no matter what (if you run away to avoid it, your Mages follow you) and Reviled are the worst possible enemies you can get with this build, because en masse, they slow you down badly due to them poisoning the ground everywhere. It's one of those builds that when it gets a "good" map, it does really well. When it gets a not so good map, you may as well restart.

Also, the Final Service passive is entirely useless for Rathma's too, and I don't know why it's always suggested. If you die, you lose all of your pets anyway. That passive eats all of your pets to keep you alive, but you're still dead because you don't have any pets. The few scenarios where you would actually need to stay alive and be able to run away waiting on Land of the Dead are so small that any other passive would be more useful.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Get home from work and there is a 31 minute wait time, scratch that, 58 minute wait time to log in. Who broke what when! lol

"We are aware of an issue that is affecting our authentication servers, which may result in slow or failed login attempts. We are currently investigating the cause and will provide updates as they are available. Please follow @BlizzardCS on Twitter for further updates."
- twitter

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Season Journey completed! Second time I've ever done it fully. Last time was Season 8 or 9 I think.

I absolutely hate how Command Skeleton is required for the damage bonus, and how it falls off so much, even when other enemies are on the screen. It's just another button to worry about having essence for while also trying to summon full essence Mages (which is impossible to have 10 of outside of land of the dead). Since I couldn't even get a Jesseth above 2200 anyway, I just went with a 4400 two-hander and cubed Reilenas. Hasn't been an issue yet.

But I ended up finally getting everything I needed for the Corpse Explosion speed build, and I'm using that instead to farm with. It might not be able to push, but I'd rather play the awful Blood Lance build than Rathma's. Rathma's has so many fucking problems that are exclusive to pet builds. Not only is the uptime on the Mages bad, you are fucked on my favorite boss Perdition if you don't have Land of the Dead available, Mortar sucks hard because it one-shots you no matter what (if you run away to avoid it, your Mages follow you) and Reviled are the worst possible enemies you can get with this build, because en masse, they slow you down badly due to them poisoning the ground everywhere. It's one of those builds that when it gets a "good" map, it does really well. When it gets a not so good map, you may as well restart.

Also, the Final Service passive is entirely useless for Rathma's too, and I don't know why it's always suggested. If you die, you lose all of your pets anyway. That passive eats all of your pets to keep you alive, but you're still dead because you don't have any pets. The few scenarios where you would actually need to stay alive and be able to run away waiting on Land of the Dead are so small that any other passive would be more useful.

I don't know, I just tried the GR100+ Rathma build with Land of the Dead and Devour Cannibalize, and it seems to be working pretty well. I don't have much trouble maintaining at least 6 full-powered mages. The Essence keeps flowing in thanks to corpses and health globes. Then again I've only tried it on GR70 so far to get the hang of it. I'm surprised by how much 'toughness' it gives you, i.e. your pets block all incoming attacks provided you don't skip any mobs. Even without Dayntee's binding I don't suffer too much damage.

Also, while I agree that the way Final Service functions sucks and Mages should last longer (ANS Simulacrum with Haunted Visions shouldn't drain 5% HP per second, that's some BS right there), it's also not much of an issue with this specific build. Unless it activates at the worst time ever (no corpses or health globes left to consume), you can quickly summon full power mages for some quick DPS.

Maybe I'll be joining the hatewagon once I try the build on GR75 or GR80.

Finally found out what was going on with the bindings of the lesser gods in that Inna LTK build... the effect buffs the damage dealt by the clones spawned by Rabid Strike. It's not about the normal mystic ally pets, it's about those clone LTK's.

Apparently this has been known for while.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/16527322731?page=25
"Inna LTK builds using Rabid Strike (No Gyana, but BotLG) will have mimicked LTKs doing ~255% of the damage of your LTKs"

Just saw this. Thinking of LoN LTK. The bracer slot is basically free in that build. Will give it a look later.

Top Bottom