• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/12/09 – Braid (US)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I bought the HSG pinball table, don't like it that much to be honest. It's too slow, and the sound design is kind of boring. No music to speak of, and the whole table just lacks interactivity (and activity). I really like the idea of releasing stand-alone tables for low prices though.

GillaTheGorilla said:
It does all seem to be in a bit of a mess, things promised then withdrawn.

Silent Hill is one of those things, I was lucky to get hold of a copy before they took it down, but why it hasn't been resolved and put back up it is just mind boggling.

I remember getting a copy as well, but didn't know they took it down. What was their reason?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Kiriku said:
I bought the HSG pinball table, don't like it that much to be honest. It's too slow, and the sound design is kind of boring. No music to speak of, and the whole table just lacks interactivity (and activity). I really like the idea of releasing stand-alone tables for low prices though.
I have bought that one too a bit earlier, and it's definitely the worst of the three I have now. It's just pretty boring and feels weird with all the ball slowdowns and speedups as well (not framerate issue, but table feature with too many magnets under the table).

I see now that I mentioned in my posts that this table was good, but I was actually talking about Bowling table which I was playing last night.

kaching said:
Hit Select. I actually don't mind playing this way on a Go - slide it closed and it's actually not a bad way to play.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Love when games let you play with PSP closed, they should have went an extra step and made the whole interface accessible that way, like with LocoRoco Midnight.

Kiriku said:
I remember getting a copy as well, but didn't know they took it down. What was their reason?

I have heard that it was either something to do with frame rate issues (I never encountered any) or issues with licensing.

Lord Error said:
I have bought that one too a bit earlier, and it's definitely the worst of the three I have now. It's just pretty boring and feels weird with all the ball slowdowns and speedups as well (not framerate issue, but table feature with too many magnets under the table).

I see now that I mentioned in my posts that this table was good, but I was actually talking about Bowling table which I was playing last night.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Love when games let you play with PSP closed, they should have went an extra step and made the whole interface accessible that way, like with LocoRoco Midnight.

Those are the wind arrows that affect the ball

Razorskin said:
How long is Braid? I'm not sure if I should get that or Trine.

I've played about as much of Braid as I have of Trine (played the Trine demo, own Braid) and I really like Braid more. Trine just seemed like it would get old after a while, that and it kinda runs janky. As far as length goes, I dunno.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Gamecocks625 said:
Those are the wind arrows that affect the ball
I know it's not a bug - in a real pinball something like that would be done with electromagnets under the table. But it just feels awkward to play like that, and I'm a fan of pinballs that use magnets to change the ball trajectory, I just think they overdid it here.

Razorskin said:
Get Braid first, and don't worry about game length. You'll get your money's worth.

Alucrid said:
Is there anyway to pay on PSN with paypal, other than buying a PSN card from somewhere?

I used to use an EntroPay virtual credit card (entropay.com) for PSN. I haven't used it in ages though and I wonder if it still works. Will have to test it for Braid soon.

Alucrid said:
Is there anyway to pay on PSN with paypal, other than buying a PSN card from somewhere?
If you're from the US and want to buy stuff from us psn store and don't have a CC/debit. just create a paypal virtual card that acts like a credit card but will pull from the source you pick.

If other, IDK lol.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I guess I'm a week late, but I just noticed that Gex is now available on the PSN store.
Gex was the shit, he was a super secret spy but also a lizard, which was pretty cool. I might have to give it a try.

RavenFox

Banned
MvmntInGrn said:
Times like this I'm glad I own Vagrant Story.

And feel kind of bad because I haven't ever beaten it. Pretty far into it and King's Field: The Ancient City, need to get back to those sometime soon.
Ive beaten it countless times. Square has never topped this game just like Disney has still not topped the Lion King.

d58e7

Why doesn't Sony do updates through out the week similar to the way MS does their marketplace updates, with Arcade/PSN title releases on a specific day?

Azrael

Razorskin said:

Trine is a disappointment. The puzzles are really basic, and the gameplay is repetitive. Being able to switch between the three characters at will makes having multiple characters pointless, and most of the time you can progress through a section with any of the characters anyway. I can't speak for the PC version, but the PS3 version's graphics are rough and lack detail, too.

Braid runs much better on the PS3, and the puzzles are really inventive. I wish it was longer, but I definitely recommend it. It's the best PSN game since Critter Crunch.

Ridley327

Trine does indeed run like poop on the PS3, especially in the final levels when they start throwing lots of enemies and objects affected by physics at you; not to mention that it has some of the same bugs that existed on the PC version. It should have been a considerably better port given how long it took to release.

Braid is indeed an awesome game, but I can't justify buying it a third time.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
there's also one other small problem with Spelunker other than the cost :

it's a absolute turd of a game

:(

Ploid 3.0

d58e7 said:
Why doesn't Sony do updates through out the week similar to the way MS does their marketplace updates, with Arcade/PSN title releases on a specific day?

I guess they do it so people know when to look for new content. We now have it in our minds to expect something on Thursday. I don't know anything about marketing but I think this is a strategy to maximize sales. Like having schedules for tv shows.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ploid 3.0 said:
I guess they do it so people know when to look for new content. We now have it in our minds to expect something on Thursday. I don't know anything about marketing but I think this is a strategy to maximize sales. Like having schedules for tv shows.

That makes sense for games, but with DLC, trailers, and themes, it just creates a logjam. It's a lot easier to convince somebody to spend two dollars on Monday, three on Wednesday, 10 on Thursday, and 5 on Friday than it is to spend 20 on Thursday.

kassatsu

Banned
Archaix said:
That makes sense for games, but with DLC, trailers, and themes, it just creates a logjam. It's a lot easier to convince somebody to spend two dollars on Monday, three on Wednesday, 10 on Thursday, and 5 on Friday than it is to spend 20 on Thursday.
That is why I like the HK and Japanese stores.

Monday is some dlc and trailers.
Tuesday is some psp stuff or trailers
Wednesday is game archives
Thursday is ps3 demo/games more psp stuff
Friday is a random demo or video.

maybe PES 2010 this week?

I did pick up Scrabble to fill the PES shaped hole in my heart...fun little diversion.

The Pinball tables are a nice surprise. Great value for $4. Am I the only one playing the HSG table? I think I'm one of the only ones posting scores :lol

mrklaw said:
hoping LBP is out on the store this week.

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed for release on PSN tomorrow along side the UMD release a while back, and judging by the recent Tuesday releases on PSN, I'd say it's looking positive.

kassatsu

Banned
Gamecocks625 said:
maybe PES 2010 this week?

I did pick up Scrabble to fill the PES shaped hole in my heart...fun little diversion.

The Pinball tables are a nice surprise. Great value for $4. Am I the only one playing the HSG table? I think I'm one of the only ones posting scores :lol
no I think the leaderboards are just broken.

Top Bottom