• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim on PS3: The Last Stand / Update: Digital Foundry investigates

Seik

Banned
So...

Digital Foundry VS Bethesda: PS3 Skyrim is not shit anymore, just a slight odor left.

Can't wait for GOTY edition. :D

MYE

Soooo

Is it safe to buy it (on PS3)?

Cuz i'll jump in my car and go get it right now if it is. It will be a good bd present for myself

lucius

So this kind of proves they could have fixed Fallout New Vegas on PS3 if they cared enough to put the time in to try to fix it.

RPGCrazied

Wow. Just saw the Digital Foundry video. It almost looks silky smooth now, capped at 30fps. Much better. Now I can finally look at buying this sometime in the future.

Xater

Wow. Just saw the Digital Foundry video. It almost looks silky smooth now, capped at 30fps. Much better. Now I can finally look at buying this sometime in the future.

And it only took 4 months since launch to fix it! Yay for having to hit that stupid date!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I took this screencap of the DF analysis that's pretty telling. It's sums up the article pretty well so it might be useful for the OP if people don't feel like reading.

i0DvDrbBLj4T4.png

RPGCrazied

And is it just me, or do the game look like it has some lighting taken out? Doesn't look the same, but its not that jarring or anything.

Soooo

Is it safe to buy it (on PS3)?

Cuz i'll jump in my car and go get it right now if it is. It will be a good bd present for myself

My roomie at a 160 hr and I think 11mb save played for 5 hours straight with absolutely no game crashing lag.Its effin fixed. I'm playing again myself. Oh god its beautiful. THEY FIXED IT YEEAAAAHHH

MYE

Just bought it at a local store. Fucking hell this was expensive

Better be worth the 65€ i dropped for it :|

Zeth

Well, I'll have to play this at some point this year. I only put about 5 hours in before I heard about the game-breaking bug. Kinda shitty, but it's better than nothing.

androvsky

The textures on the stone walkway look reduced do they not?

Not necessarily, you'll notice the camera is in a different position by quite a bit. The walkway texture may just be worse there no matter the version, or given how blurry the rest of that frame is, there's more compression artifacts in the window that's moving more.

Hanmik

Just started the game yesterday.. After three months waiting, finally... But damn this game is stuttering the first 20 or so minutes.. I cannot even start to imagine how bad stuff can get in this game when this is considered normal. I guess that once the game grows on me, then I will be able to see past the fuckugly shadows and other stuff that is making me laugh.

~Kinggi~

Banned
3 months later.

What a joke of a company.

Software development takes some time bro, a joke of a company would be one that didnt fix it. Beth just made a mistake and has now corrected. Given Skyrim is a goty winner and one of the largest ever buys them some points.

Greg

You'd rather they not fix it at all?
I'd rather they not release a broken game and hide the fact at launch.

You are aware that they did this many times without doing anything to fix it huh?

Software development takes some time bro, a joke of a company would be one that didnt fix it. Beth just made a mistake and has now corrected. Given Skyrim is a goty winner and one of the largest ever buys them some points.
These posts make me sad.

Huh? How does it being game of the year buy them any excuse from releasing an unfinished version of the game that rendered it near unplayable for almost everyone using that platform? It's inexcusable.

CatPee

They also won Studio of the Year too... Unfitting for a studio that releases a completely broken and unplayable version of their game and denies problems until it became prominent.

zeelman

Huh? How does it being game of the year buy them any excuse from releasing an unfinished version of the game that rendered it near unplayable for almost everyone using that platform? It's inexcusable.

Not everyone experienced the glitch.

Postman

Banned
Ive been playing the 360 version because of the bug and now going back to ps3 version I must say I like the look of the ps3 version better. The 360 version has jarringly noticeable jaggies and dithered transparency draw in. The ps3 version doesn't.

Seik

Banned
These posts make me sad.

I know what you mean, don't get me wrong. It is a joke of a company, I agree. But it seems they finally decided to take a step forward and fix the shit. 3 months later, yes its pathetic, but they did it.

Yes they released a broken game, but they fixed it, which is the least they can do, but when you think about it, they did this many times and they did jack shit.

Evolution!

wallbc01

Neo Member
I can actually open my copy of the game now and start playing. Bought it and Saints Row the same day and sunk all my time into Saints Row and refused to open it until it was fixed. Debated taking it back a few times but now can finally enjoy it.

I'm sort of pissed the game is finally fixed after I got the majority of my mileage out of it experiencing constant freezes, poor framerate, etc. I'll return to it later, of course, but I wish my introduction to the game wasn't so negative (I was hit pretty hard by the save file size bug).

Greg

Oh, and I just had to post this - the day before nickbreckon disappeared (12-06-2011, 07:01 PM):
Definitely not "months." We can't put a date on it yet, because as we noted in our last update, we want to be sure our future patches are top quality. That said, we're all working hard on getting these improvements out as soon as possible, and we'll keep you updated as often as we can.
3 months from launch
2 months from that post

But definitely not "months."

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The textures on the stone walkway look reduced do they not?

I think that's just a result of when I took the screen cap. The shadows look different too because the three portions of the screen aren't completely in synch due to the framerate differences. They all looked identical in the video, aside from the huge framerate improvement in the right third.

Top Bottom