• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

Thanks to the recent update, this may be my first estore purchase. But I'd like to hear more impressions, and how much content is packs. The asking price in slightly prohibitive.

250 levels + User created content = lots of content.

Seriously, just bite. It's awesome. So simple but very fun and rewarding. It gets fairly challenging after a bit as well.

Darryl

Banned
Thanks to the recent update, this may be my first estore purchase. But I'd like to hear more impressions, and how much content is packs. The asking price in slightly prohibitive.

its definitely worth the $6.99, i'd probably buy this as a standalone $40 game.

also, finally beat

jfWeL.jpg

amazing job on that one, was very difficult

Such an clever idea for a puzzle game. It's actually kind of amazing no ones ever done one like it before (that I can think of.)

Sinthetic

thanks guys. ill keep trying to make more throughout the day. im home, sick with some kind of tooth infection. wild pain, but lots of free time. thats kind of why i asked if theres a simple way to do it all from the browser.

if my wife sees me out of bed, hanging around my office GAFfing it up...im sure my evening will be full of drama.

Hahaha! Get well soon my friend. I have some bad tooth trouble here myself, not a good feeling at all!

Tell your wife you are supplying friends with quality game time!

Seriously, just bite. It's awesome. So simple but very fun and rewarding. It gets fairly challenging after a bit as well.

This is what's stopping me buying it, I'm seriously bad at puzzle games, I need to know that it won't be impossible to finish with my limited ability.

watershed

Banned
Just bought this game and I'm trying out the sleep mode download method for the first time. Can't wait to play this later.

This QR feature is quite possibly the most brilliant thing ever devised. Guess I'm not getting any of my homework done for a while, I'm too busy refreshing this page and solving all the new puzzles that get posted.

BooJoh

This game is fantastic. Probably my favorite puzzle game since Mario's Picross. I love how it's a mix of puzzle solving (which can be quite tricky at times) and simple platforming.

I'm going to do some custom levels, but the first one I made is impossible right now, I think I need ladders. I'll make and upload some after I play more and maybe unlock some new stuff.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches

The Saudi estore is still not up yet, and the US store is obviously rejecting my Saudi CC. Either I find a trusted source for ordering 3DS cards online*, or I'll have to thank Nintendo for saving me money while I curse geography.

* Anyone knows a good place?

CoolS

This game is fantastic. Probably my favorite puzzle game since Mario's Picross. I love how it's a mix of puzzle solving (which can be quite tricky at times) and simple platforming.

I'm going to do some custom levels, but the first one I made is impossible right now, I think I need ladders. I'll make and upload some after I play more and maybe unlock some new stuff.

I am already thinking of a puzzle with some not so obvious jumping parts. Ideally it would also contain clever puzzling but for some reason I really like jumping around in this game.

BooJoh

I also love all the different designs of the kids you rescue. I kinda wish rescuing them would unlock them as playable characters.

CoolS

Wow, keeping the OP updated is going to be hard if you guys keep continuing to create great puzzles like that :)

dont let the cuteness fool you....it is tricky.

qpcch.jpg

OH SHIT!!! i tried to download the La Mulana QR code and was told my studio needs to be upgraded. ill be playing the single player for the rest of the night and will come back with better stages tomorrow.

GhaleonQ

While I bet everyone here constitutes 1/10 of this game's total sales, I'm surprised so many are into it. Good puzzle experiences have gotten slightly sparser in appearance at the end of this generation.

Just bought this game and I'm trying out the sleep mode download method for the first time. Can't wait to play this later.
I did the same thing, though I couldn't get sleep mode to work. Kept the system closed for an hour, progress still read 0%. Ended up stopping the "download" and doing it manually through the eShop.

Game is so charming and clever. More QR codes, please!

Chopper

I've only gone through the tutorials and some of the first few levels but this seems like a pretty fun puzzle game so far.

I also had a quick go on the level creator and that seems good too, kinda reminds me of making textures on Animal Crossing. Here's a level I made from the trainer sprite from Pokemon Gold:
jfWeL.jpg

Just done this. Took me ages to work out. Good work.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Have you noticed that you can move camera freely if you both press L+R?

On the 3D front, it's another win from Nintendo: the enhanced perspective is helpful, the game runs as smoothly as in 2D and it looks better obviously with 3D on.

Ridley327

Whoever made that Sleeping Link puzzle is very, very clever.

Had me stumped until the pieces (or should I say piece) fell into place.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I just finished Puzzle 109 (first one in the 7th section) and unlocked a bigger canvas for creating my own Pushmos. It's now 32x32! I'm betting a 64x64 canvas is unlockable near the end.

Everyone who's into creating their own puzzles should definitely clear the premade puzzles first to unlock all the features.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I just finished Puzzle 109 (first one in the 7th section) and unlocked a bigger canvas for creating my own Pushmos. It's now 32x32! I'm betting a 64x64 canvas is unlockable near the end.

Everyone who's into creating their own puzzles should definitely clear the premade puzzles first to unlock all the features.
No way. Huge puzzles incoming :)

thats what i want to hear!!!!! trying to grind through these stages as fast as possible, but these meds are wearing me down.

Alrus

Finishing a really big puzzle is so satisfying! :) I always zoom out and look at the whole thing when I'm done just to see how it looks like with the blocks pulled out.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I don't think it goes over 32 x 32.
You may be right. 64x64 might be too insane for this kind of game. Still, 32x32 should lead to some mind-blowing puzzles.

EDIT: If 64x64 does happen, I won't really be surprised since 32x32 unlocked fairly early on. The only way to find out is to beat the game. I don't if I'll do that tonight since I've still got a lot of puzzles to go.

CoolS

Hopefully you love this one too then =p

bwkBml.jpg

Tried to keep it as close to your avatar as possible =D

Haven't played it yet, and it looks slightly creepy but I love it nevertheless!

Roto will be happy about that :D

You may be right. 64x64 might be too insane for this kind of game. Still, 32x32 should lead to some mind-blowing puzzles.

EDIT: If 64x64 does happen, I won't really be surprised since 32x32 unlocked fairly early on. The only way to find out is to beat the game. I don't if I'll do that tonight since I've still got a lot of puzzles to go.

I'm 230 puzzles in and it's still 32x32.

Roto13

xEUOY.jpg

It's kind of my personal tradition to make Mega Man first. The canvas isn't big enough to do his whole body, but here's his head. :p If I had waited until I unlocked tunnels, I'm sure I could have made this look cleaner, but I was itching to do one.

Well this is great news! I'm really glad I'll be able to do a full Mega Man sprite. :p
I did the same thing, though I couldn't get sleep mode to work. Kept the system closed for an hour, progress still read 0%. Ended up stopping the "download" and doing it manually through the eShop.

Sleep mode downloading worked fine for me.

im just surprised at how great the platforming is in this game. this little guy handles so well. jumping towards the screen or away from it feels so natural. *puts up flame shield* more natural than mario felt in mario land 3ds.......
22.gif

Glix

This game is friggin GREAT. Super smart that when you finish a puzzle your only options are "replay" or "next puzzle" and there is no "quit" option.

They got me doing "One more!" like 100 times already.

Top Bottom