• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

TheExecutive
(04-21-2017, 01:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Out_Of_Ammo

The most disturbing thing in this thread is that the puppy apparently got seperated from its mother before it was even a month old. Normally puppies have to be at least 2 months before you can take them home, usually even a bit older.

Yeah, leaves the pup unsocialized and prone to sickness.
killatopak
(04-21-2017, 01:35 PM)

Originally Posted by TheExecutive

That puppy is going to bite and scratch anyone it can get its teeth on for a while. Might as well say you shouldn't get a puppy or be around a puppy unless you get rabies shots. The behavior is normal for a puppy and it's not like the dog bites the OP and runs off. The puppy can be observed and watched. That little dog would show serious signs of rabies well before the OP would have and could have treated it then.

OP can have fun with the shots though and this is an entertaining thread.

First of all not all puppies live in the same living condition. I have very specific circumstances that necessitate my actions. All the medical persons agree and I would rather believe them tbh as most of you don't live in my country where rabies is a more serious case. Also the fact that 3 weeks of it's life is a mystery to us.

My fellow countrymen gave a valid point that it has a slim to none chance of it happening. I'm afraid of that slim chance because as I said earlier in my reply post to him about the other strays that are not dogs.

You should skim the thread to see the reason why observing the puppy is not possible. But for your sake I'll say it in simple terms. The puppy cannot be observed after 5 days because the owner and the puppy who are just staying temporarily in our house will leave.

Just remember that there is no medicine for regret. I had the shots, it was free and since it protects me as well from further rabies bites in the meantime then I still say it's worth.

Originally Posted by TheExecutive

Yeah, leaves the pup unsocialized and prone to sickness.

There's another dog in the house. It's our personal dog. We aren't afraid of that since the dog has anti rabies shot.
Mohonky
(04-21-2017, 01:36 PM)
Is OP dead yet?

Apparently not
Tigress
(04-21-2017, 02:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Pandora012

Ask your friend if the dog is up to date with it's vaccines. Not really sure how old they need to be for them though.
Unless you want to go to the hospital since you're worried, I'd just wait to ask the vet to examine the pup. Though go to the doctor if the bite is severe.

If the dog is just 2 weeks he'll have none (though I have a hard time imagining a 2 week old dog biting that hard). The only one that will affect humans though, rabies, isn't given til about 5 months (it's not so good for the dog to give it earlier).
Sparkedglory
(04-21-2017, 02:25 PM)
Here's what you do.
1. Go to sleep.
2. Forget about it.

But if you're that conerned. Just go talk to the vet to help get peace of mind.
Last edited by Sparkedglory; 04-21-2017 at 02:29 PM.
D6AMIA6N
(04-21-2017, 02:35 PM)
OP serious question, why would you ask an internet message board full of fools for medical advice?

Hint, no explanation you can provide will lend you any credibility whatsoever.
Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(04-21-2017, 02:41 PM)
I disagree that because we are talking about the Philippines that all of a sudden it is a much more valid concern.

Yes the Phillipines is on the top 10 of nations with rabies. Yes the incidence rate is around 1,000 a year with 300 deaths.

We are talking about a nation of 100 million people though. The statistical chance is even lower when the largest amount of victims to rabies infection are children. You then have to look at the supposed carrier. A puppy of 2 to something weeks old. A puppy of such a young age that somehow got rabies in its small span of life, survived the attack from an animal with rabies somehow, and apparently doesn't have a visible wound. The only alternative would be the pupper getting rabies from saliva exchange with another dog. But that brings us to the biology of the situation. If the dog contracted rabies, the disease would ravage the dog in little to no time. We are talking about a very young puppy, a small body and an incomplete immune system.The dog would be exhibiting extreme behaviors or be dead before OP was outside of the time limit to receive the vaccines.
m23
(04-21-2017, 02:42 PM)

Originally Posted by killatopak

This is true. The owner is pretty lazy at cleaning up the dog's mess(pee,poop) so he lets her roam around just in front of the house.

Now that you've gotten yourself checked out, I suggest asking your friend to take better care of the puppy. If the conditions you're living in really necessitate you getting rabies vaccinations, perhaps the puppy should also be cared for in a better way.

If the puppy doesn't have rabies yet, letting it roam around like that at such a young age is a good way for it to get it. This is based on how you're describing your environment.

I hate it when irresponsible people get pets, makes my blood boil.
Zoe
(04-21-2017, 03:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Tigress

If the dog is just 2 weeks he'll have none (though I have a hard time imagining a 2 week old dog biting that hard). The only one that will affect humans though, rabies, isn't given til about 5 months (it's not so good for the dog to give it earlier).

OP was way off on the dog's age. It looks to be at least 2 months old.
BobNewbert31
(04-21-2017, 03:23 PM)
Saw that the puppy was having some very soft "mud-like" poos. Did not see where you planned to take him to the vet to get this checked out.

Stray cats in front of house plus pup playing in front of house equals pup eating cat poo and getting worms.

Take a poo sample to the vet.

Also, what kind of food is the dog eating? At that young, it should ideally be still nursing from its mother. If you're giving it dry food already, that could explain the vomiting.
Last edited by BobNewbert31; 04-21-2017 at 03:27 PM.
DamnBoxes
(04-21-2017, 03:30 PM)
This is my moment

sturmdogg
(04-21-2017, 03:58 PM)
Was the puppy radioactive? Carrying a vampire or zombie virus? Does it turn into a human?
Rest
(04-21-2017, 05:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Rabid-Coot

Just noticed ghost dog in the corner.

That's just a regular dog seen through a pane of glass.
BobNewbert31
(04-21-2017, 06:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Rest

That's just a regular dog seen through a pane of glass.

What about the ghost dog that appears under him?
DOWN
(04-21-2017, 06:10 PM)
Does GAF not know about Tetanus shots or???
Akainu
Banned
(04-21-2017, 06:14 PM)
Yeah you have rabies now you should probably amputate. Also have the puppy put down for safety. Fire works.
Mexen
(04-21-2017, 06:18 PM)
Tomorrow you'll be Puppyman. Enjoy your new super powers, dawg.
cakely
(04-21-2017, 06:21 PM)

Originally Posted by D6AMIA6N

OP serious question, why would you ask an internet message board full of fools for medical advice?

Hint, no explanation you can provide will lend you any credibility whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure OP is just taking the piss.

1. Of course a two-week old puppy doesn't have rabies.

2. If you actually thought that you might have contracted rabies, would you make a thread on a video game forum about it and then post to it all day?

I'm not thread whining here. I legitimately love this thread.
BruceCLea
(04-21-2017, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by jack_package_200

Wait for the full moon

Holy shit. Ha
keltickennedy
ah can't conversate
(04-21-2017, 06:37 PM)
Now you are going to experience the side effects from the vaccinations you received for the rabis that never existed.

• injection site reactions (pain, swelling, itching, or redness),
  • headache
  • dizziness
  • muscle pain
  • nausea
  • stomach pain

Have fun OP!
HotHamWater
(04-21-2017, 06:45 PM)
Looking forward to the OP blaming side effects of the jab on the pupper.
Winterblink
(04-21-2017, 06:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Trojita

Now you too will turn into a Were-Corgi.

LOL
Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(04-21-2017, 06:59 PM)
Is this BossDoggie's origin story? 🤔
Clockwork5
(04-21-2017, 07:22 PM)
I know everyone has had a good laugh, as did I, but I am a bit frustrated that this poor pup is allowed to roam around the front yard when there are packs of feral cats in a place that supposedly has issues with rabies and other infectious diseases which will spell certain death for the dog.

Find a new home for the puppy, that is my only advice.
m23
(04-21-2017, 07:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Clockwork5

I know everyone has had a good laugh, as did I, but I am a bit frustrated that this poor pup is allowed to roam around the front yard when there are packs of feral cats in a place that supposedly has issues with rabies and other infectious diseases which will spell certain death for the dog.

Agree.
daviyoung
aka Theakins Buttleworth
(04-21-2017, 07:25 PM)

Originally Posted by DamnBoxes

This is my moment

What is this typical slice of anime madness?
Drillary Clinton
(04-21-2017, 07:26 PM)
Make sure you inquire about getting the puppy tested for rabies. It won't hurt him at all.
sam777
Get it put down init
Wagram
Pretty sure you're about to become one of the bosses in Bloodborne.
Mr. X
(04-21-2017, 07:31 PM)

This is my moment

Source?
shadow_shogun
(04-21-2017, 07:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr. X

Source?

Originally Posted by daviyoung

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh0_6I_yno4
Chocolate & Vanilla
Fuck Strawberry
(04-21-2017, 07:59 PM)

Originally Posted by daviyoung

Nichijou
Easy_D
never left the stone age
(04-21-2017, 08:10 PM)
Did OP turn into a evil maneating puppy-man hybrid yet?
daviyoung
aka Theakins Buttleworth
(04-21-2017, 08:11 PM)

Originally Posted by shadow_shogun

Show looks hilarious
red731
(04-21-2017, 08:15 PM)

Originally Posted by shadow_shogun

I'm in tears.

That was so funny! love that white dog at the end being all happy and shit. Both of them! 😄 😄
100%TrophyMaster
(04-21-2017, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Wagram

Pretty sure you're about to become one of the bosses in Bloodborne.

fear the old puppy blood!!!!
UFO
Banned
(04-21-2017, 09:31 PM)
RulkezX
(04-21-2017, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Clockwork5

Given the OP's last dog register thread was how a family member had killed their dog by feeding it all the stuff that's harmful to a dog, I'm not sure that's a great idea 🙈
LookAtMeGo
Banned
(04-21-2017, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by LookAtMeGo

Is there a gafman comic for this one?

Originally Posted by UFO

Haha there is now lol so good
Phased
(04-21-2017, 09:41 PM)

Originally Posted by UFO

Perfect
NewGame
Banned
(04-22-2017, 07:13 AM)

This is my moment

So they stole the gag from azumanga daioh?
TsunamiOfSwagger
(04-22-2017, 07:17 AM)
Not 100% what you should do, but im positive it has something to do with silver bullets and garlic. Also aim for the brain.
Bitanator
(04-22-2017, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by GodOnlyNose

Or it could just need some rice mixed in with its food to bulk up the stool like what's done with most puppies.Maybe some pumpkin mixed in. .

Pumpkin gives dog soft stool, it is used when dogs are constipated
Napoleonthechimp
(04-22-2017, 08:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Mendrox

Man, this community was really better once. About 95% of the people in this thread laugh about OPs concern. Not everyone lives in the US of fucking A (fortunately). Not cool even if it's "just a puppy". The OP had legit concerns.

But yeah everyone is so tough in here and lives in miracle world (how much do you love your US healthcare system? lol).

I've been on this board for over 10 years, and no it wasn't better then.
Rest
(04-22-2017, 04:27 PM)

Originally Posted by UFO

So is the N logo a dash, so it's GAF-Man, or is it an O, so it's GAFoman? Or is it a not part of the text, and it just visual doodad?
water_wendi
Water is not wet!
(04-22-2017, 04:32 PM)

So is the N logo a dash, so it's GAF-Man, or is it an O, so it's GAFoman? Or is it a not part of the text, and it just visual doodad?

GAFNMAN!
Chocolate & Vanilla
Fuck Strawberry
(04-22-2017, 04:58 PM)

I thought it was GAF Man like Florida Man e.g. "GAF Man bitten by puppy amputates arm to avoid becoming Werewolf".