• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

KonradLaw
Banned
(04-04-2017, 09:01 AM)

Originally Posted by RatskyWatsky

They've certainly done a horrible job at promoting the show...

Cinemax seems to be collapsing. Shame. Especially considering how nice their output was/is.

I at least hope that if they collapse completely they will go back to making those hilarious erotic shows like Femme Fatales :D
Qvoth
Member
(04-04-2017, 05:39 PM)
Qvoth's Avatar
just found out season 2 has started, woot!
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(04-04-2017, 07:48 PM)
Miles Quaritch's Avatar
Good episode, there's some interesting stuff to discuss so hopefully it airs in the US soon.
EverythingShiny
Member
(04-04-2017, 08:43 PM)
EverythingShiny's Avatar
So weird - there's still not a US airdate? The articles I've found just say April. I hope it's soon; I need more Phil Glenister in my life.
xrnzaaas
Member
(04-07-2017, 04:27 PM)
xrnzaaas's Avatar
Pretty boring season opener if you ask me but it was nice to see Hoon Lee (Job) from Banshee even though it was a short cameo :)
Napoleonthechimp
Member
(04-11-2017, 06:32 PM)
Napoleonthechimp's Avatar
This is such a dull show...
RS4-
Member
(04-12-2017, 12:48 AM)
RS4-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by xrnzaaas

Pretty boring season opener if you ask me but it was nice to see Hoon Lee (Job) from Banshee even though it was a short cameo :)

Seriously, dude wasn't in it enough lol.

Was something wrong with the audio mixing? There were times I couldn't make out what people were saying.

And yeah, weak premiere.
xrnzaaas
Member
(04-13-2017, 04:04 PM)
xrnzaaas's Avatar

Originally Posted by RS4-

Seriously, dude wasn't in it enough lol.

Well you're going to be happier after seeing episode 2. :)

The show picked up a little in the last 5 minutes or so but I still feel like we're watching the (slow and boring) aftermath of season 1 before new things in season 2 kick off for good (at least I hope they will ;)).
xrnzaaas
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:36 PM)
xrnzaaas's Avatar
Well after watching episode 3 I'm leaning towards dropping this show. Some storylines are progressing, but overall I'm not interested in seeing what happens next anymore and these days my free time is more valuable. ;) I'm especially not interested in spending so much time watching Megan go through her mental breakdown phase .
dantevsninjas
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:49 PM)
Wait, so season 2 has been airing in the UK all month, and there's still nothing on the premiere date in the US?
Insane Metal
Dispensed Internet Salt
(04-21-2017, 07:57 PM)
Insane Metal's Avatar
I liked the first season. Not great at all, but decent.

Nice to see the second season is up already, gonna see it!
tootie923
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:43 PM)
tootie923's Avatar
Weird, three episodes aired in the UK and I haven't seen anything about it until reading this thread. This is turning out like Fortitude Season 2, where it was difficult to find any news about it.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(05-10-2017, 09:24 PM)
Miles Quaritch's Avatar
Last couple of episodes have been pretty damn good and I literally leapt up and cheered at the ending of the latest episode.

Fucker is gone, thank fucking god...I hate that cunt so damn much.

Still no news on the US airdate? Seems like it's going to be dumped on a streaming service at this rate...we're entering the final four episodes.
shawnbuddy
Member
(05-10-2017, 09:48 PM)
shawnbuddy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Insane Metal

I liked the first season. Not great at all, but decent.

Nice to see the second season is up already, gonna see it!

Yeah it was, it was a show, I guess. It's not too good or too bad. It wasn't a waste of time but I would never recommend it to somebody, and I told somebody on GAF to watch Smallville today.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(07-29-2017, 11:31 AM)
Miles Quaritch's Avatar
So I'm going to go ahead and assume this show is dead?

Still hasn't aired in the US so far as I can tell and it doesn't seem like it will be any time soon either. It's a shame, while the second season was extremely slow and at points extremely boring, the ending was good and raised some interesting questions and gave them a good base to work from for a third season.
LaNaranja
Member
(07-29-2017, 11:59 AM)
LaNaranja's Avatar
I've been waiting for this shit to drop in the US for months and still nothing. Not even a damn eta. I really enjoyed the first season too. :/
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(07-29-2017, 11:33 PM)
RatskyWatsky's Avatar
A few days ago HBO/Cinemax released a big list of all their upcoming projects for the next year - Outcast was on the list, but unlike most of the other shows which were given either exact dates or vague estimates (Early 2018, etc.), it didn't get anything. Which is extremely odd considering that it already aired in its entirety months ago in some countries.

Cinemax is rebooting itself next year with a whole new lineup, but they also have Mike Judge's new animated comedy scheduled for September so I don't know why they didn't just go ahead and announce the date for Outcast too.

Outcast was meant to be Cinemax's next big show, appealing to mainstream audiences in the same way that Strike Back and Banshee did, but instead it totally cratered. The show's future was always uncertain due to that fact, but the way they handled the (ordered before season one even premiered) second season is totally bizarre.

Unless the show is a hit internationally, which it might be considering that they actually bothered to air it internationally, I can't imagine we'll get a third season.
-Deimos
Member
(07-30-2017, 12:23 AM)
-Deimos's Avatar

Originally Posted by RatskyWatsky

A few days ago HBO/Cinemax released a big list of all their upcoming projects for the next year - Outcast was on the list, but unlike most of the other shows which were given either exact dates or vague estimates (Early 2018, etc.), it didn't get anything. Which is extremely odd considering that it already aired in its entirety months ago in some countries.

Cinemax is rebooting itself next year with a whole new lineup, but they also have Mike Judge's new animated comedy scheduled for September so I don't know why they didn't just go ahead and announce the date for Outcast too.

Outcast was meant to be Cinemax's next big show, appealing to mainstream audiences in the same way that Strike Back and Banshee did, but instead it totally cratered. The show's future was always uncertain due to that fact, but the way they handled the (ordered before season one even premiered) second season is totally bizarre.

Unless the show is a hit internationally, which it might be considering that they actually bothered to air it internationally, I can't imagine we'll get a third season.

rip
RS4-
Member
(07-30-2017, 05:34 AM)
RS4-'s Avatar
I dropped the show completely after the second EP of this season. Felt like absolutely nothing happened and just couldn't bother with it after being surprised at how decent the first season was.
HP_Wuvcraft
(07-30-2017, 05:42 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar
This was really, really absent from SDCC this year. Not even sure if there was a panel.

Thread Tools