• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

NandoGip
(04-21-2017, 03:34 PM)

Its very easy to only see all of his failures, especially if you only read from left leaning sources, so im wondering if there was anything I missed.

Has Trump objectively succeeded in fulfilling any promises? It seriously seems like hes failed on half, and not even tried with the other half.

I am trying to take a neutral stance and genuinely see if he has actually done anything at all? The best I can think of is trading tax cuts for some jobs?..

EDIT:
Credit sazzy post #3
https://trumptracker.github.io/

Edit 2:

I guess even much of the above either didn't really happen or was in motion prior to him becoming pres.
JonnyDBrit
(04-21-2017, 03:35 PM)
The SC one confuses me. Is appointing a justice really something to take as an accomplishment when it's procedure? (Even if a stolen seat)
sazzy
(04-21-2017, 03:35 PM)
this should be helpful; there are several more websites tracking the same.

https://trumptracker.github.io
RPGCrazied
(04-21-2017, 03:36 PM)
Nothing? Travel ban? Failed twice. Healthcare? Failed, and on its way to failing again. Firing off bombs like a lunatic isn't helping matters. And now he is trying to do healthcare again next week. Oh yeah, don't forget disgracing world leaders. He has done one thing really well though and that is playing golf.

He really is incompetent.
Mesoian
I mean, he put a giant shunt in American tourism and made immigration a lot more frustrating and dangerous.

That's...kind of it.
Pagusas

Originally Posted by JonnyDBrit

The SC one confuses me. Is appointing a justice really something to take as an accomplishment when it's procedure? (Even if a stolen seat)

Well Obama couldn't do it in a years time...

/s (because these type of threads seem to need clarification)
Brawly Likes to Brawl
Sending ICE into open season mode.
Kurdel
Banned
(04-21-2017, 03:37 PM)
Funny how the snake oil salesman can lower expectations now, after promising the most transformative first 100 days.

Originally Posted by Trump

"On Nov. 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our country, secure our communities and honesty to our government," Trump said in an October speech in Gettysburg, Pa. "This is my pledge to you. And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people. And importantly, we will make America great again. Believe me."

And here he is, threatening to make the country less safe by cutting federal funding to police departments in sanctuary cities.
BoogieWoogie
Made our country a fucking joke at best, a xenophobic, reckless danger at worst.
GregLombardi
I know youre looking for only serious objective answers so I will submit this:

He has probably forced a mass education of citizens on how to vote / protest / remove him. He has also destabilized the world and made a lot of people laugh.
Akuun
Looking for meaning in GAF

Originally Posted by sazzy

Thanks for the link.

First 100 Days: Achieved A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government

Uh, doesn't this mean that if the Russia puppet stuff is proven, his own ban will come back and bite him?
dan2026
Has he at least kept all those 'bad hombres' out?
Wilsongt
(04-21-2017, 03:38 PM)
Rolling back Obama era pollution control
Stripping federal LGBT contract workers of protections
Placing unqualified individuals as heads of office
Forced a heightened since of security in Southeast Asia
RPGCrazied
(04-21-2017, 03:38 PM)
Also said he would defeat ISIS in 30 days, and have a cyber security plan in 90 days. Its day 91, failed both of those.
Mahonay
(04-21-2017, 03:39 PM)
Turned the Whitehouse into 4Chan.
BronsonLee
Banned
Objectively, I'd say the Supreme Court nom is the main thing that stands out
GoldenEye 007
Ridiculous standard of 100 days? lolol BUT ITS SO EASY!

Even a dumbass can do it!

But yes, SCOTUS is the accomplishment. Even though that was a bit of a shitshow and took the GOP having to throw out established rules.
capitalCORN
Well, he's about to do this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0cb086d7eb012
RPGCrazied
(04-21-2017, 03:40 PM)
Don't forget his NSA having to get fired cause of lying to the VP about Russia. Trump is just one huge scandal.
NandoGip
(04-21-2017, 03:41 PM)

Thanks, I updated OP. Great resource.
massoluk
Increase awareness of ACA, how it works and how one benefits of it as well as the society.
BareKnuckle

This is great, thanks for this.
sugarhigh4242
Banned
He withdrew from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

Originally Posted by NYT

Trump Abandons Trans-Pacific Partnership, Obama’s Signature Trade Deal

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/u...ade-nafta.html

I don't have total faith that he won't reverse himself on this, but it is a major accomplishment for good. Probably the only one.
Lambtron
He's done a good job enriching his organization and his friends. He's a terrible president, but he's doing a hell of a job grifting.

Also: trumptax.me.
zeemumu
He repealed a bunch of legislation from the Obama Administration. Whether that's good or bad is up to you but he did do it.
RPGCrazied
(04-21-2017, 03:42 PM)
How's the Supreme Court pick a win? They broke the rules on that. They had no where near 60 votes. They just shoved him through breaking rules. Bravo?
Z..

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie

Made our country a fucking joke at best

Let's be honest, this has pretty much been the case ever since the Reagan administration, no?
Alligatorjandro
Banned
He accomplished nothing
TheLaughingStock
(04-21-2017, 03:43 PM)
Most of it is here: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...s/trumpometer/

It's been a memorable 100 days.
Monocle

Originally Posted by capitalCORN

Well, he's about to do this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0cb086d7eb012

Jesus fucking Christ, our overcooked dumpling-in-chief has a real talent for sniffing out the winners.
Stopdoor

Some of the failed promises here are pretty lol-worthy. You think you've heard every stupid thing about him, and then...

"Culture: Broken If I become president, we're all going to be saying 'Merry Christmas' again."

"Immigration: Broken Deport "criminal illegal immigrants" within one hour of being sworn in."

"World: Broken Rather than throw the Chinese president a state dinner, buy him "a McDonald's hamburger and say we've got to get down to work"."
RPGCrazied
Drain the swamp? Yet I fill my administration with nothing but goldman sachs employees.
Makai
(04-21-2017, 03:44 PM)
Got all shrines in Zelda
SatelliteOfLove
"No president has been bitchmade to as many world leaders, nor have threatened primaring more members of his own party in the first 100 days than me! Fact!"

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie

Made our country a fucking joke at best, a xenophobic, reckless danger at worst.

My serious answer is this, and should be similar to yours. Left right or center, it shouldnt matter.
hydrophilic attack
Banned
Mainly Gorsuch, deporting brown people and lining his own pockets

Oh and effectively killing net neutrality and any measures to fight global warming
Oersted
(04-21-2017, 03:45 PM)
Donald made muslims feel less safe and welcomed, which is objectively bad but one thing he was voted for.
Krakatoa
(04-21-2017, 03:46 PM)
overhaul of H-1B visa system?
RustyNails
with arms wide open / under the sunlight / welcome to this place / i'll show you everythaaaang
(04-21-2017, 03:47 PM)
Lol @ appointing judge through nuking the filibuster being an accomplishment. What a chump.
Hickbilly Deluxe
Banned
(04-21-2017, 03:47 PM)

Originally Posted by RPGCrazied

How's the Supreme Court pick a win? They broke the rules on that. They had no where near 60 votes. They just shoved him through breaking rules. Bravo?

The democrats weren't going to vote for anyone but a left leaning judge that Trump would never nominate. What choice did the Republicans have? Leave the seat empty for four years?
sugarhigh4242
Banned
(04-21-2017, 03:48 PM)

Originally Posted by RustyNails

Lol @ appointing judge through nuking the filibuster being an accomplishment. What a chump.

"Chump" is usually reserved for losers, like the guy who couldn't get Merrick Garland on the bench.
Krakatoa
(04-21-2017, 03:48 PM)

Originally Posted by '77 Shortbox

The democrats weren't going to vote for anyone but a left leaning judge that Trump would never nominate. What choice did the Republicans have? Leave the seat empty for four years?

This is true. I wish Obama pushed his pick though instead of waiting....
RPGCrazied
(04-21-2017, 03:49 PM)

Just like they did for Obama not confirming Garland? He was no liberal. Obama was pleasing both sides.
Kevinroc
(04-21-2017, 03:49 PM)

That's what the Republicans were planning to do if Hillary was President.
Pai Pai Master
Banned
(04-21-2017, 03:50 PM)
I mean, he's the one who went out and set a ridiculous standard of accomplishments for the first 100 days. He told everyone he was going to defeat ISIS by now.
Brawly Likes to Brawl
(04-21-2017, 03:51 PM)

They could've asked Trump to appoint that Center-Right judge they cockblocked for a year.
Kurdel
Banned
(04-21-2017, 03:53 PM)

Yes, lean further into partisan appointment of judges if you can't agree, that will definitely not tear your country apart.
sangreal
(04-21-2017, 03:54 PM)

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...supreme-court/

btw, no, it isn't true that Democrats would support nobody. It took arm-twisting just to get many democrats not to support Gorsuch
Amory
(04-21-2017, 03:54 PM)
Pulled out of the TPP

Stock market has gone up
GrizzleBoy
(04-21-2017, 03:55 PM)

I hope you feel the same if he wants to enact some shitty law that he can't get people to vote for and brute forces it.