• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft needs more exclusives throughout the year

Splatoon 2 has new maps, weapons, new single player levels and a new mode.

Like Gears Of war Ultimate onthe XBox One over the 360 version and the pattern that most High Def ports followed.... couple of new maps, the odd bonus content but much the same game

[Nintendo has announced they're publishing Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronices 2, Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Warriors, Yoshi, Kirby, Pokken Tournament DX, Metroid Prime 4 and mainline Pokemon for the Switch. Ubisoft is releasing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, which of course will always be a Switch exclusive and likely had a lot of input from Nintendo.
major way.

I asked 'In-House' and for 'the coming year' The very fact shows you've totally ignored the question and date shows NCL isn't doing much over the next year Then to include Metroid 4 when we haven't a date, much less a developer is taking it too far.
At a guess, I bet HALO 6 and Gears of War V will be ready to go at the end of next year, not that I'll use them for the coming year

Bluth54

Like Gears Of war Ultimate onthe XBox One over the 360 version and the pattern that most High Def ports followed.... couple of new maps, the odd bonus content but much the same game

If you think Splatoon 2 is a remake like Gears of War Ultimate than you clearly haven't played Splatoon 2.

I asked 'In-House' and for 'the coming year' The very fact shows you've totally ignored the question and date shows NCL isn't doing much over the next year Then to include Metroid 4 when we haven't a date, much less a developer is taking it too far.
At a guess, I bet HALO 6 and Gears of War V will be ready to go at the end of next year, not that I'll use them for the coming year

Why exactly do your list wars need arbitrary rules? Why does it matter if it's in house development or not? If it's a Nintendo IP and they're paying for the game or helping with development why does it matter who makes it? By your logic Microsoft's only announced games are Forza 7 and Sea of Thieves and I think most would consider Crackdown 3, Ori and State of Decay 2 to be Microsoft games. And I'm not sure why it matters when Nintendo's games are coming out because they are announced games that are coming to the platform.

And yeah I imagine a new gears and Halo is in development but I'm also sure that Nintendo has plenty of unannounced games in development (and likely a lot more too considering how Microsoft seems to be cutting back on game development).

kevin1025

Banned
Wait, so this thread has turned into, "Yeah, but what about Nintendo?"

Nintendo is notoriously silent about their line-up past six months out usually. I don't think that's a valid comparison. Plus the system just came out, no one knows what the future holds.

And Splatoon 2 is certainly similar to the first game, but it's not a port like Gears Ultimate and it has a lot more going on than the first game.

Microsoft is in a lull period, and that's not great, but it's not the end of the world. They now have three big games in the spring, something that could not be said for them in ages. This fall is dire beyond Forza, Lucky and some console launch exclusives, but I would not call it end times.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Like Gears Of war Ultimate onthe XBox One over the 360 version and the pattern that most High Def ports followed.... couple of new maps, the odd bonus content but much the same game.

You're talking out of your ass for the sake of defending Microsoft. This is some Grade A fan defense here.

I like that you conveniently ignore Nintendo's output leading into the fall/winter, because Microsoft only released one game. Just focus on the holiday releases to make the system you're clearly biased towards, look like it's on par with Nintendo.
I have to say he's been a really good troll, he's been able to derail the thread for about 10 pages with no signs of getting banned, this will probably go on for another 10.

GetLucky

Wtf are you on about. That's just not true, no matter how many times you say it. Splatoon 2 IS NOT A PORT.

Yeessh

Can we not just talk about the fact that Microsoft is in a bad spot for exclusive content? Its really bad when looking at their timeline since the original Xbox's launch.

otakukidd

Why are you constantly choosing to forget Xenoblade. That's first party. Nintendo owns monolith soft.also considering they released Zelda this year already and splatoon and soon to be Mario. Also them releasing 2 ports in addition to that helps them not hurt. I'm betting Microsoft would love to have 2 remasters this year instead of nothing. In addition why the fuck would you discount games made by 3rd party studios that Nintendo owns the IP for. That's like discounting Forza horizon cause Microsoft don't own playground. Those count as exclusives which is what this thread is about. Problem is, is that Microsoft keeps burning bridges.

how does Xenoblade not count as in-house?
they have Mario and Xenoblade for this year and a 3rd party exclusive in Rabbids.
Nintendo hasn't announced plans for 2018 yet which will still have january, february and march to round out the switch's first year.

the topic at hand is that MS is at a bad spot in terms of exclusives. find me someone who honestly believes Nintendo is in a bad spot for exclusives.

Mosse

Neo Member
I don't get why you guys even bother replying to him. If you read the last few pages you'll see that he ignores every answer that proves him wrong, make up stuff to fit his narrative and acts like a victim every time someone doesn't agree with him. He's either a troll having a good laugh at every reply, or a fanboy living in a bubble (which makes his recent comment about reality pretty ironic).

There is a interesting discussion to have in this thread, but it's pointless trying to have that discussion with someone who makes up his own facts, reminds me a lot of people trying to have a discussion with the few trump supporters that pop up in OT threads sometimes.

anothertech

I can't believe someone in here is arguing Ninty has no first party output.

Attention: Nintendo ONLY has first party output. And this holiday Mario is coming.

Your argument is invalid. Game over man.

MS is on the opposite side of the spectrum- they only have third party output. Which is ridiculous for a software gaming company of their size.

EraErr0r1

How can anyone believe that Nintendo is going through a tough time with first party exclusives? The Switch is having one of the best debut years for software that I've ever seen and it's only been out for 5 months.

Even if some of the software is last gen remasters, I'd happily take some upcoming 4k editions of exclusive 360 games on the X1X. Microsoft always seem to have games in the pipeline. Their problem is actually developing them to a point of actually releasing them. Their game scheduling this gen has been at a Wiiu level of disaster unfortunately.

I can't believe someone in here is arguing Ninty has no first party output.

Attention: Nintendo ONLY has first party output. And this holiday Mario is coming.

Your argument is invalid. Game over man.

MS is on the opposite side of the spectrum- they only have third party output. Which is ridiculous for a software gaming company of their size.
Yep, MS on one side, Sony in the middle and Nintendo on the other side in terms of first/third output.

Exactly, it's not as easy as that. Look at what Bayonetta 2 did for the Wii U or Tomb Raider for Xbox One - next to nothing.

Im pretty sure BB outsold both of those games.. and I didn't say it would be easy or...

Lmao

Bloodborne 2 isn't selling 1 million consoles period let alone Xbox's

Bloodborne 1 sold 2 million in 7 months, you really think 50% of 7 months worth of sales is going to rush out to buy a console for one game?

...did I literally mean a million fkn people. I said a game of that caliber, exclusive, would move Xbox's. That was my point. But I get it, instead of making a counter point, you "lmao" which is really what's laughable.

And if, hypothetically, BB friggin 2 (or a game of that caliber, you choose) couldn't move an Xbox, then it's dead in the water.

WW I'm sure BB is well over 2 million. That's an old ass number that was before the $20 price and digital sales. I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 3.5 million right now. But I don't know or really care. I was making he point of exclusives moves units.

No I don't think it would do exactly "50% of 7 months worth of sales", but it you would see a sales spike for sure, like I said in my post y'all ignored, those spikes add up.

And of course if I got anything wrong , correct me.

Why does it matter if it's in house development or not? If it's a Nintendo IP and they're paying for the game or helping with development why does it matter who makes it?.

So that's confirmation then, is it ?. Why do people have so many issues with MS In-House teams and its In-House Line up and no such issues with NCL? with its; When NCL can't offer more In-House titles and unlike MS, can't rely on 3rd parties to make up the numbers.

Yeessh

Can we not just talk about the fact that Microsoft is in a bad spot for exclusive content? Its really bad when looking at their timeline since the original Xbox's launch.

That's I'll not deny, the OG XBox did far better than now or even the 360, most of that is no doubt thanks to Ed Fries and the issues all started mid way in the 360 life. But if this board is calling out MS over its In-House titles, then why not NCL? .

One look at the release Schedule shows NCL in-house teams not offering any more than MS for the remainder of this year (in facts it less) next year doesn't look much better other than the hope for that "nearly finished" Pikmin 4 (which was meant to be for the Wii U). Hardly any better and next year. I would think Halo 6 and Gears V will be getting ready to go. No issues with the Switch or NCL, never mind its 3rd party line up isn't close to the titles coming out for the One or PS4.

Banned
That's I'll not deny, the OG XBox did far better than now or even the 360, most of that is no doubt thanks to Ed Fries and the issues all started mid way in the 360 life. But if this board is calling out MS over its In-House titles, then why not NCL? .

One look at the release Schedule shows NCL in-house teams not offering any more than MS for the remainder of this year (in facts it less) next year doesn't look much better other than the hope for that "nearly finished" Pikmin 4 (which was meant to be for the Wii U). Hardly any better and next year. I would think Halo 6 and Gears V will be getting ready to go. No issues with the Switch or NCL, never mind its 3rd party line up isn't close to the titles coming out for the One or PS4.

Why do you keep calling Nintendo NCL? And Nintendos first party output is fine, most of their games will outsell Gears 5 and Halo 6 and penetrate the market in a meaningful way because they have global world wide appeal and don't cater to a ever shrinking fanbase for Microsoft shooters.

Zelda Breath Of The Wild, Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Oddesey, Xenoblade 2, Kirby, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mteroid Prime 4, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Pokken Tournament and of course mainline Pokemon which will sell 5+ million guaranteed. Nintendos first party is almost on equal footing with Sony now, there is no way Microsoft can compete by making sequels to these shooting games nobody really wants or buys anymore.

Why do you keep calling Nintendo NCL?
Because Nintendo America or Europe don't have any development studios. Its always been NCL that developed the games (waits for RR 64 to be brought up)

So out of sheer respect, I'll only talk of NCL when it comes to games from Nintendo

Bluth54

So that's confirmation then, is it ?. Why do people have so many issues with MS In-House teams and its In-House Line up and no such issues with NCL? with its; When NCL can't offer more In-House titles and unlike MS, can't rely on 3rd parties to make up the numbers.

Can't answer my questions so you just cut them out? It makes your sad attempts at trolling even more transparent.

Can't answer my questions so you just cut them out? It makes your sad attempts at trolling even more transparent.

Answered the question. NCL developed the games and NCL is the what Nintendo Japan goes under, that's not trolling, but in fact what Nintendo Japan are

I take it all the name calling and talk of trolling is 'speak' for NCL or 'Nintendo' Does not, in fact have any more In-House coming out over the next year than MS
Looking at the Switch line up for the next year ( talking games coming out), it's less than MS

Have a little bit of fun, by all means, Just sometimes don't get nasty, call its fake news, or call people names, when someone hits back with a picture of what's it's really like.
Leave all the fake news and shouting at people, to the Whitehouse

Aaron Olive

it's really sad to see the state of the XBOX brand right now. I really want to get X1X but I can't justify spending $500+ when there aren't any great diverse exclusives I would play besides the Forza franchise. Halo 5 was a huge misstep by not focusing on Master Chief's story and I love Halo, its terrible what 343 did to it.

Yay list wars!

Sony new IP's:
Last Guardian
Nioh
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spiderman
Detroit Become Human
Death Stranding
Hellblade
Zero Dawn
Frantics
Wild
Knack
The Order 1886

Sequels:
Knack 2
Nier Automata
Uncharted 4
Drive Club
Gran Turismo
Street Fighter 5
Persona 5
Killzone Shadowfall
Yakuza 6
God of War

Compilations/Remasters/Reboots:
Shadow of Colussus
Crash Bandicoot
The Last of Us
Ratchet and Clank

MS new IP's:
Ryse
Titanfall
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Ori and the Blind Forest
Cuphead
Recore
PUBG - not an MS IP and on Steam, but for now its console exclusive.
D4
The Last Night
Super Luckys Tale
Sea of Thieves
Project Spark - discontinued

MS sequels:
Halo5/Halo 6
Gears of Wars 4
Halo Wars 2
Forza 6/7
Forza Horizon 3/4
State of Decay 2
Crackdown 3
Fable Reboot
Killer Instinct

Compilations/Remasters:
Rare Replay
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Halo Master Chief Collection

Wonkytonk

Yay list wars!

Sony new IP's:
Last Guardian
Nioh
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spiderman
Detroit Become Human
Death Stranding
Hellblade
Zero Dawn
Frantics
Wild
Knack
The Order 1886

Sequels:
Knack 2
Nier Automata
Uncharted 4
Drive Club
Gran Turismo
Street Fighter 5
Persona 5
Killzone Shadowfall
Yakuza 6
God of War

Shadow of Colussus
Crash Bandicoot
The Last of Us
Ratchet and Clank

MS new IP's:
Ryse
Titanfall
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Ori and the Blind Forest
Cuphead
Recore
D4
The Last Night
Super Luckys Tale
Sea of Thieves

MS sequels:
Halo5/Halo 6
Gears of Wars 4
Halo Wars 2
Forza 6/7
Forza Horizon 3/4
State of Decay 2
Crackdown 3
Fable Reboot
Killer Instinct

Compilations/Remasters:
Rare Replay

Go on..?

Sorry. I'm not even replying to anyone in particular. Just saw the thread get bumped. I know MS gets a lot of flak for a lack of exclusives, but when you look at the number of games compared to Sony, the difference is not as dramatic as people make it. With regard to exclusives, MS came out a little stronger at launch and then there was a pretty significant dry spell. Recently, though, the games are starting to trickle in again. When people aren't knocking MS for having zero exclusives, they're knocking MS for only being Gears, Halo, and Forza. This year alone, however, you've got Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, and Crackdown 3 releasing. Which isn't terrible. Personally though, I'm amped for E3 this year. 343 is going to have a blowout reveal on Halo 6. If they don't, I'm taking Stinkles hostage lol.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

They need create 1 or 2 new studios, give them creative freedom and, above all, be patient! New studios will always bleed money until they have proven themselves. I feel that it is this period that MS has trouble justifying to shareholders.
Sony probably feels more comfortable with this because they were forced to live in such situation in the ps3 era and they now know it works out in the end. We just need to look at Team ICO and Media Molecule, ages making a game, bleeding money for little profit in the end, but building brand image (good or bad, The Last Guardian won't be forgotten and Dreams is in the same position).

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Yay list wars!

Sony new IP's:
Last Guardian
Nioh
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spiderman
Detroit Become Human
Death Stranding
Hellblade
Zero Dawn
Frantics
Wild
Knack
The Order 1886

Sequels:
Knack 2
Nier Automata
Uncharted 4
Drive Club
Gran Turismo
Street Fighter 5
Persona 5
Killzone Shadowfall
Yakuza 6
God of War

Shadow of Colussus
Crash Bandicoot
The Last of Us
Ratchet and Clank

MS new IP's:
Ryse
Titanfall
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Ori and the Blind Forest
Cuphead
Recore
D4
The Last Night
Super Luckys Tale
Sea of Thieves

MS sequels:
Halo5/Halo 6
Gears of Wars 4
Halo Wars 2
Forza 6/7
Forza Horizon 3/4
State of Decay 2
Crackdown 3
Fable Reboot
Killer Instinct

Compilations/Remasters:
Rare Replay

Your list is full of errors. How is Drive Club a sequel? How is Titanfall a MS IP? How is Hellblade a Sony IP?

Barakov

Gold Member
They need create 1 or 2 new studios, give them creative freedom and, above all, be patient! New studios will always bleed money until they have proven themselves. I feel that it is this period that MS has trouble justifying to shareholders.
Sony probably feels more comfortable with this because they were forced to live in such situation in the ps3 era and they now know it works out in the end. We just need to look at Team ICO and Media Molecule, ages making a game, bleeding money for little profit in the end, but building brand image (good or bad, The Last Guardian won't be forgotten and Dreams is in the same position).
That's probably MS's biggest problem. They aren't patient. Granted there are exceptions but there is a reason why there's a perception that they only put out Halo,Gears and Forza.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sorry. I'm not even replying to anyone in particular. Just saw the thread get bumped. I know MS gets a lot of flak for a lack of exclusives, but when you look at the number of games compared to Sony, the difference is not as dramatic as people make it. With regard to exclusives, MS came out a little stronger at launch and then there was a pretty significant dry spell. Recently, though, the games are starting to trickle in again. When people aren't knocking MS for having zero exclusives, they're knocking MS for only being Gears, Halo, and Forza. This year alone, however, you've got Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, and Crackdown 3 releasing. Which isn't terrible. Personally though, I'm amped for E3 this year. 343 is going to have a blowout reveal on Halo 6. If they don't, I'm taking Stinkles hostage lol.
My biggest issue is with Xbox's exclusives is that if you are fan of both Japanese games and western single player games then there is nothing for you on xbox. Also games that are not in Xbox but they available on PC like Ni no Kuni 2, Dragon Quest XI and NieR Automata (which pervious game was on 360).

Last edited:

Cranberrys

Personally, I'm very happy with my Xbox One. I have a PS4 Pro for the Sony exclusives and some RPG exclusives, I don't care for japanese games except RPG, I do most of my gaming on Xbox and it's fine. Even when games looked better on PS4, I still played them on Xbox simply because I love the controller and because Xbox is quiet.

I was a huge SEGA fan back in the days, so when Dreamcast was gone, I cried a lot and then I switched to Xbox because the Duke reminded somehow of the Dreamcast controller and then sticked with MS through 360 and One. PlayStation was always my second choice for select exclusives (JRPG's, Jak & Daxter and so on in the PS2 era, Uncharted, Infamous and so on during PS3 era and all the cool Sony exclusives nowadays).

If There were more exclusives on Xbox One I wouldn't complain of course, but I still think it's a tremendous hardware as it is. BC is awesome. I use it for everything : gaming, Netflix/Prime Video, watching BR, 3D BR and UHD BR. It's a jack of all trades.

what a bump. Anyways MS is changing release schedules because of Gamepass. No reason to release 3 big games in the holidays anymore, especially when games are moving away from it and being succesful without having a sub service. Makes more sense to have a title every 2ish months so that people always have something to hook them into "one more month". Dont expect a AAA game every 2 months too, expect a mix of Halo, Forza, Gears, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown, Super Luckys Tale, ReCore, The Last Nights etc fine by me.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
My issue with Xbox One isn't Microsoft's output. Nor is it meaningful to compare Sony's versus Nintendo's versus Microsoft's first party output all while dismissing certain games and propping up others due to personal preferences.

The real kicker is third-party support, especially when PS4 and X1 are compared. It is in this area that Xbox One is falling too far behind the curve to be a viable console for my library. I don't have Horizon Zero Dawn, nor Uncharted 4, nor God of War, nor Driveclub, nor Infamous, nor Killzone, nor plenty of other first-party Sony PS4 games.

Don't get me wrong: I'm sure these games are fine, but I mention that because the "1st-party vs 1st-party" list wars only address a portion of the overall issue. My PS4 library is packed with third-party exclusives that Microsoft has no equivalent to. This leaves huge gaps in the Xbox One's library, to the point where it is embarassing. Funny, considering how often the "better performance for third-party games on X1X" is touted. Sure, go ahead and squabble over 1st-party output and backwards compatibility. Meanwhile, PS4 is churning out the games every single month. Notice how multiple indie publishers like Special Reserve, Play-Asia, and Limited Run are publishing PS4 releases yet nothing for Xbox One. Wonder why? I expect the PS4 library to rival the PS2.

I like fighting games and shoot 'em ups in particular. What fighters can Xbox One offer me when PS4 has King of Fighters 14, Guilty Gear Xrd, Under-Night, BB: Cross Tag, Nitroplus, and Street Fighter 5? Freakin' Killer Instinct? Hah.

What shoot 'em ups can Xbox offer when PS4 has Dariusburst, Astebreed, Super Stardust, Nex Machina, Battle Garegga, Senko no Ronde 2, Ghost Blade HD, Game Paradise, Caladrius Blaze, and Assault Suit Leynos? Raiden V and Sine Mora Ex (also on PS4)? Heck, it doesn't even have BC for all the CAVE shmups from the 360.

It's not about "1st-party exclusive this" or "releasing first" that. Xbox One has a sincerely disappointing lack of games. Full stop. There just aren't many games for the system. Are there enjoyable games? Sure. There were enjoyable games for the TG-16 and Game Gear, too. That doesn't negate the fact that those systems -- like the Xbox One -- had a narrow library.

Codes 208

The xbox one was pretty front heavy. Games like ryse, titanfall, dr3 and sunset were decent exclusives but it just seems ms really laxed on exclusives since and going into 2016 and beyond its been fairly barren with a small good exclusive here and there like ori or cuphead.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The One needed games period. I don't see MS bouncing back any time soon.

JCK75

They got me to come onboard with the Play anywhere (I want most of those games on both Xbox and PC so it was a no brainer for me), but yea the state of exclusives for me outside of Forza is sad.. but I do love me some Forza.

bitbydeath

Your list is full of errors. How is Drive Club a sequel? How is Titanfall a MS IP? How is Hellblade a Sony IP?

There's a more accurate one here -

PS4 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_4-only_games
A
Alienation (video game)
B
Basement Crawl
Bloodborne
Bound (video game)
C
City Shrouded in Shadow
Cyber Danganronpa VR: The Class Trial
D
Days Gone
Death Stranding
Deep Down (video game)
Detroit: Become Human
Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories
DJMax Respect
Drawn to Death
Dreams (video game)
Driveclub
E
Everybody's Golf (2017 video game)
F
Farpoint (video game)
Fat Princess Adventures
Fighting EX Layer
Final Fantasy VII Remake
G
God of War (2018 video game)
Gran Turismo Sport
Gravity Rush 2
H
Hakoniwa Company Works
Hardware: Rivals
Hidden Agenda (2017 video game)
Horizon Zero Dawn
I
The Idolmaster Platinum Stars
Infamous First Light
Infamous Second Son
The Inpatient
K
Killzone Shadow Fall
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Knack (video game)
Knack II
L
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Part II
The Last of Us Remastered
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
Let It Die (video game)
M
Matterfall
MLB The Show 17
MLB The Show 18
Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
Moss (video game)
O
The Order: 1886
P
P.T. (video game)
The Playroom (2013 video game)
Polybius (2017 video game)
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
R
Ratchet & Clank (2016 video game)
RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
S
School Girl/Zombie Hunter
Shadow of the Beast (2016 video game)
Shadow of the Colossus (2018 video game)
Spider-Man (2018 video game)
T
Tearaway Unfolded
That's You!
The Tomorrow Children
U
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Until Dawn
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
W
Wayward Sky
Wild (video game)
Wipeout Omega Collection
The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2
Without Memory
Y
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
Yakuza Kiwami 2

XB1 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_One-only_games
C
Crimson Dragon
D
Dance Central Spotlight
F
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Fru (video game)
H
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
K
Kinect Sports Rivals
P
Powerstar Golf
R
Rare Replay
S
Shape Up (video game)
Sunset Overdrive
X
Xbox Fitness

NickFire

Their exclusive lineup issues have been quality as opposed to quantity. Part of me wonders if perhaps their issues have been from following a US corporate culture mindset. They seem really focused on checking the boxes instead of making highest quality games. Crackdown is a good example. I never played the second, but I got the first at launch. Was so hyped from all the previews, but when I finally played it I spent the whole time suspecting they just threw it out to say they have a gta type of game that you could only play on Xbox. Never once felt immersed in this story or impressed by the gameplay.

Allandor

sry, but can't resist
Yay list wars!

Sony new IP's:
Last Guardian

^^ but well, it was finally released on PS4 but new is … well is nothing this game deserves to get called ;)

Actually, I'm ok with the output from MS, yes it could be more, but you can't force good new IPs.
MS has released some really interesting new IPs this gen and invested in some that wouldn't have been there without MS investing in them (e.g. Titanfall), but most of them were still quite rough on the edges.
Not every game needs to be a mass marked title with >90% ratings.
- Recore is a nice and fun game with lots of potential, but it could be better.
- Zoo Tycoon, I still love this game, but it also have some very rough edges and is buggy (or was)
- Sunset overdrive … well it is a funny game, but well … after a while … let's just say, I never reached the end
- Quantum break … well I always loved FMV games was full of FMVs and a nice action-game, too.
- Super Luckey Tale ... is really a nice game, but it launched at the same time as Mario Odyssey, but well why are you collecting all these coins in that game? And controls could use a bit more work but overall it still I (and my kids) had much fun with this game.

But my problem is, even if MS had all those other IPs sony had, I don't have the time to play them.
I really hope MS buys Bioware from EA and than gives us new mass effect games. The only game franchise I invested more time in than Mass Effect would be Final Fantasy but that franchise died for me with FF12.

Sounds like this guy needs to buy himself a PlayStation 4.

Not exactly the same. When last gen came along, I started it with the PS3. The thing is, I loved a lot of the exclusives and games it had, but none of them resonated with me as much as Xbox 360 games did, I decided to make the move when I tried a bunch of games at a friends.

Even though I liked Uncharted and Last of Us etc... Something about the games on Xbox just clicked with me more, maybe because I'm more interested in western games overall, but I want that sort of mentality from Microsoft again. I want to see some next gen editions of Halo, Gears, Fable, which aren't necessarily Halo Gears Fable (still love those games, but I want some more to jump into).

I've been disappointed with the games this gen for sure. But if these tweets are any indication of the possible future, I'm probably going to start most next gen with Xbox

Wonkytonk

Not exactly the same. When last gen came along, I started it with the PS3. The thing is, I loved a lot of the exclusives and games it had, but none of them resonated with me as much as Xbox 360 games did, I decided to make the move when I tried a bunch of games at a friends.

Even though I liked Uncharted and Last of Us etc... Something about the games on Xbox just clicked with me more, maybe because I'm more interested in western games overall, but I want that sort of mentality from Microsoft again. I want to see some next gen editions of Halo, Gears, Fable, which aren't necessarily Halo Gears Fable (still love those games, but I want some more to jump into).

I've been disappointed with the games this gen for sure. But if these tweets are any indication of the possible future, I'm probably going to start most next gen with Xbox

That’s cool, personal preference and all.

For me - Halo, Gears and pretty much 95% of Xbox “exclusives” are very average and are just getting worse and/or cancelled (Sunset Overdrive was great, though.)

If the guy in the original quote is looking for new and different experiences, variety in the game library and stories and characters with depth and meaning, for me, the PS4 is the obvious choice. It’d be wonderful if Xbox started to deliver those experiences for next gen too; the more, the merrier.

Top Bottom