• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console War III: Sony's first jab at Microsoft: "Jump Out", "Yoga Isn't Gaming"

dumbass kaz avatars and gifs are annoying. Why do these guys here feel the need to bite off of the nintendo fanboys?

guys im not amused by this everyone stop right now

Yeah gosh!!! I hate when people are enthusiastic and having fun!

nwQqAkG.gif

zoukka

It's like electricity in the air. I can almost taste it.

Also Kaz is just a poor man's Kutaragi. It's noit the same anymore now that Miyamoto and Ken aren't the battling gods...

Codeblew

Hate to say it but half the people on this board haven't lived through the true console wars. Getting all excited over a couple of tweets? Tut tut.

I was here as a lurker during the last wars. Good times ahead. I am going to try and stay out of the crossfire.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Sony starting it's negative campaign again. Tsk tsk tsk.

demolitio

It's going to be a long but funny year.

In response, MS is going to put Rare in charge of making the best yoga game ever that creates a new "Exercise Platformer" genre. :D

All the entertainment features will be nice, but for me, it's always going to be all about the games. Can't wait to see what new IP's come out of this generation from both Sony and MS. MS just really needs to diversify a bit instead of rotating the same series nonstop.

Both will be mine at some point, but launch is saved for one to rule them all.

Joe White

Anyone who doesn't like a good console war is fucking lame. Bring on the shit talking!

Shit talking could actually be change for better, for awhile at least. Not just these lousy twitter quips, but actual "crush your enemies and hear the lamentations of their women"-level stuff. But knowing Sony, they are just going to keep doing these kind of tweets and at the event bring out the excel sheets showing how much "potential" and theoretical value is there compared to currently available products, *ugh*.

Lowered expectations.

rugs in a desert isn't gaming either. Consoles are getting embarrassing as fuck.

This we agree on. The fact that Journey, the most non gaming game I've ever played was voted game of the year by NeoGAF is an embarrassment for the forum and cast serious doubts over the forums alleged core gaming status that is so proudly trumpeted.

Raad

Banned
Anyone who doesn't like a good console war is fucking lame. Bring on the shit talking!

QFT. It's been too long. There are a lot of console war virgins here on gaf. They need to be broken in and given the red ring of death.

Rising_Hei

I can't see Sony's DRM being worse than Microsoft's... so...

If that "Always online" thing about the next Xbox is truth, Sony's won already

I disagree. Why would we care about a console war when most of us work and are able to afford both the PS4 and the next box as well as the Wii U, a gaming PC and both the 3DS and Vita?

Console wars are for kids or fanatical console warriors who see supporting their console of choice and defending its honour as the most important thing in their lives.

The wretches of GamesFAQ come to mind when thinking about last point.

Alx

I'm starting to worry, considering we'll be getting a generation of marketers that grew up with internet memes.

Raad

Banned
I disagree. Why would we care about a console war when most of us work and are able to afford both the PS4 and the next box as well as the Wii U, a gaming PC and both the 3DS and Vita?

Console wars are for kids or fanatical console warriors who see supporting their console of choice and defending its honour as the most important thing in their lives.

The wretches of GamesFAQ come to mind when thinking about last point.

Wow. Well done on bringing money, maturity and stupidity into a statement about 3 companies battling it out for a new generation.
Think your the one who should go back to gamesFAQ. Also, a lot of people who do work cannot afford all consoles.

Feature

Banned
Ahah these xbox fan's replies with games from playstation are hilarious! The butthurt is so big but understandable when durango is pretty much confirmed to be the ultimate casaul shovelware (weaker) console with kinect 2.0.

Third place again for xbox.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Ahah these xbox fan's replies with games from playstation are hilarious! The butthurt is so big but understandable when durango is pretty much confirmed to be the ultimate casaul shovelware (weaker) console with kinect 2.0.

How is it not fair to counter Sony's statement that "Yoga isn't gaming" when they've offered the same exact games on their own console?

This is clearly selective marketing and every company does it.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Never liked this kind of marketing. Never.

They all do it, just look at Apple.

One year a technology a competitor has that they don't is called worthless and the next year when they offer it they call it a god send.

We don't know how to make a $500 computer that's not a piece of junk, and our DNA will not let us ship that
- Steve Jobs.

If you ever buy anything online and really want to know what the color is, as many people do, you should really think twice before you depend on the color from an OLED display
- Tim Cook

Not trying to pick on Apple they are just a good example for this, all companies do it.

We don't win. We suffer through pages and pages of unrighteous indignation from both sides as they argue about the most mundane of things. It ultimately becomes annoying and disrupts otherwise meaningful discussion.

To be fair we do this to ourselves.

Wow. Well done on bringing money, maturity and stupidity into a statement about 3 companies battling it out for a new generation.

Think your the one who should go back to gamesFAQ. Also, a lot of people who do work cannot afford all consoles.

My apologies, you seem to have taken offence where none was intended. I, of course, didn't factor in the minimum wage worker into my broad description.

Why should I care? Because it's fucking entertaining. Whoever wins, we win.

We don't win. We suffer through pages and pages of unrighteous indignation from both sides as they argue about the most mundane of things. It ultimately becomes annoying and disrupts otherwise meaningful discussion.

This thread is going to be epic. Please deliver Sony and MS... and praise the Gaf Gifs Gods !

Oh yeah, I love to see two companies fighting for my money :p

Top Bottom