• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Edzi

Missing Liam with his dry and shocking racism

Yeah, his absence is really felt on the podcasts. I'm kinda disappointed he left just to become a pretty average streamer, I was hoping he'd actually go on to create content himself.

Numb

Yeah, his absence is really felt on the podcasts. I'm kinda disappointed he left just to become a pretty average streamer, I was hoping he'd actually go on to create content himself.

People think they'll blow up streaming like Max
Max is an anomaly. SBFP folk is YT not Twitch
Having it on the side would have been more than enough

Sylas

I think he's mentioned getting into game development too? Liam and Woolie have always talked about it and I think Liam just sorta went for it. Montreal isn't a bad place for it either.

Holy iron, I've never even known the Tarkus thing was even a thing. That's the best way it could have gone down.

I once summoned Black Iron Tarkus on NG+6 to see if he could handle the Golem still (as I don't think NPCs really scale much with NG+ cycles).

Someone chose that moment to invade me, saw Tarkus, and just immediately jumped off the side of the fortress to his death.

Tarkus still bodied the golem, but at least it was a decent fight. (I think he got down to ~30% Health.)

Xux

Can I get a compilation of "So you've gone through this series in a totally backwards fucking gonzo order...", please?

KRaZyAmmo

Man. That Tarkus moment is so hype. I'd so kill for a DS1 and Demon's Souls remaster on PS4 just to experience it for myself. (I don't have a desktop rig)

Goldboy

Tarkus showing everybody why he's the best NPC summon in the whole series. That moment was some of the hypest shit ever.

Village

People think they'll blow up streaming like Max
Max is an anomaly. SBFP folk is YT not Twitch
Having it on the side would have been more than enough

Max isn't really blown up, and I wouldn't really say an anomaly. its just that liam doesn't stream the games that would allow him to blow up. Max doesn't play the games that allows people to blow up, besides overwatch and he doesn't really play that.

Iiam can probably make a decent living off of it, and if he finds his niche that's fine. He's just beginning don't write him off because he didn't become instantly famous.

Also about SBFP folks.... well a lot of people watch the SPF individual twitches actually, pats twitch actually " blew up ". Or does relatively alright compared to say, korean overwatch streamer. ( I actually prefer their individual streams to their playthoughs tbh)

Oh Newgrounds...

And of course Woolie knows who Shygal is...

Woolie says shit that a lot of people don't catch, he knows/ might be into a lot of weird shit. That we think is a joke, but the context of said joke gets ignored because of how he phrased it.

Numb

They would of course retain old fans and have anymore solid start compared to your average go
You are right it's too early for now to judge completely

Liam just put up a vote on his twitter for whether or not he should reading donations and subs on stream... of course its leaning towards yes. Hopefully he does it some way so it doesn't end up like like a Pat/Paige stream where they seem to stop every 5 minutes to do shout outs.

Edzi

Liam just put up a vote on his twitter for whether or not he should reading donations and subs on stream... of course its leaning towards yes. Hopefully he does it some way so it doesn't end up like like a Pat/Paige stream where they seem to stop every 5 minutes to do shout outs.

I already commented on that tweet saying I hope he doesn't go that route since it's probably one of the shittier aspects of streamer culture. All it does is make people donate for attention.

As someone who spent a lot of time on Newgrounds in the mid-late 2000s, I could tell you that Abobo's was way too technically advanced and polished to be a game from the early days (plus it had the modern logo, which is a dead giveaway), but hearing them go on about it like it was from 2002 made me feel like I was being gaslighted.

Also, someone brought up this idea on the subreddit, but they should probably do a whole Newgrounds Month.

Breads

Banned
Holy iron, I've never even known the Tarkus thing was even a thing. That's the best way it could have gone down.

They almost had an instant kill on another boss too. Must have made Pat scream internally when he saw what Woolie did to invalidate it mere seconds before it actually happened.

Man their knowledge of Zelda 1 was kinda shocking to me even though it is an old game.

Thinking the underground where you get an item is from Zelda 2
Not knowing the ladder deploys automatically
Not knowing it only goes one space
Not knowing you can not attack peahats when they're flying
etc

Had no clue Tarkus could do that. Amazing.

You can actually beat the golem that way even as a player, as it's fairly similar to how speedrunners handle the boss. Enough damage to one of his ankles staggers him, then causes him to fall, and falling off the level will kill him instantly.

Tarkus is just special in that instead of faffing about and getting crushed by the boss like most NPCs, he speedruns it. (Also, his stats are legitimately ridiculous.)

Top Bottom