• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

I follow rpbtz on twitter @blipblopwax
I know there are a few other gaming vinyl twitter accounts too.
There is a discord server that just went up but not too much action so far.

Dan-o

A pox on Reddit, place is scum.
I pretty much hate reddit too, but there are maybe a handful of subs that aren't half bad; at least for getting the info you need, then leaving.
How did that Dark Souls trilogy pressing sound? Do you have CDs to compare it to by chance?
Only listened to DS1 so far, but it's good. Maybe a little muddy at times... but that could just be me. I don't have the CDs.

OnPoint

Is there a Discord this community is moving to? I won't be coming around GAF anymore but I would sorely miss this community if not

rpbtz

Heads up people - a lot of people from here have already joined us over on Discord. Here's an invite link: https://discord.gg/Q2cfqu

If the invite has expired when you see this please send me a PM either here, on Twitter or on Facebook and I will get back to you asap.

EDIT: Okay - updated the URL. It should be good for at least 24 hours now. If it's expired please PM me and I'll send you a new link.

I’ll still be talking about vidya records on that new horizon, pining for Silent Hill 2... I urge as many of you to join us as possible once open enrollment or other measures arise.

ISI360

Neo Member
Just now, Spacelab 9 released new prints of the witcher 3 vinyl soundtrack!
This time it´s a 4 vinyl set..with blood an wine OST! Link
US.jpg

Also available on thinkgeek: Link
knmp_witcher_3_deluxe_4lp.jpg

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I recently got into vinyl - ordered Data Discs Ikaruga LP (limited edition) for ungodly amount of money from a reseller, but that game is my Top3 of all time, so whatever. Also grabbed Blade Runner by Vangelis. Thinking about Golden Axe LP as well.

Spending €60 on ultra-deluxe LP set of a videogame vs. a videogame - really bad value prop on the latter :)

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I recently got into vinyl - ordered Data Discs Ikaruga LP (limited edition) for ungodly amount of money from a reseller, but that game is my Top3 of all time, so whatever. Also grabbed Blade Runner by Vangelis. Thinking about Golden Axe LP as well.

Spending €60 on ultra-deluxe LP set of a videogame vs. a videogame - really bad value prop on the latter :)
I stopped collecting the Data Discs releases, but I have some really nice ones. I need to see if they have any spare bands for Shinobi 3, as mine ripped. Did you get a black vinyl, or get lucky with a colour or colour splat?

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I stopped collecting the Data Discs releases, but I have some really nice ones. I need to see if they have any spare bands for Shinobi 3, as mine ripped. Did you get a black vinyl, or get lucky with a colour or colour splat?
I bought from reseller and surprisingly eBay prices are more or less the same between the White and the Splat versions (I did not see any Black one) - went for the Splat one.
I would so jump on Witcher 3 set, but the only place where it is available is SpaceLab9 and the shipping doubles the price + customs to EU.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Nice, I just received mine the other day, wonder how this new one sounds compared to the prior releases.
I heard the prior releases' sound quality could be improved.
I read that as well, try to see the end of the Market song - prior pressing had quite a few cracks there.

Now I’m worried about how my December 2017 Blade Runner will sound - apparently red vinyl from Audio Fidelity is great but that costs 130€.

I read that as well, try to see the end of the Market song - prior pressing had quite a few cracks there.

Now I’m worried about how my December 2017 Blade Runner will sound - apparently red vinyl from Audio Fidelity is great but that costs 130€.

Will do, this is the joy and headache about collecting vinyls. It is an OCD collector’s nightmare. Lol

Top Bottom