• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Mediking
Member
(08-13-2017, 07:56 AM)
Mediking's Avatar
Iíve been knowing for a few weeks now that my job was gonna transfer me to a new location and itís been freaking me out. I just dreaded the thought of working at a different place because that previous location was so close to home and I enjoyed working there. I was so COMFORTABLE at my old location.

Well, last night was the night I finally got transferred to the new location and Iím happy to sayÖ

Things went great!

My paycheck is gonna explode in cash because of my new work hours, I met some new people who I think are cool, and it turned out some of my associates from my previous job location ACTUALLY got transferred to the new location with me so itís really nice to see a familiar face in a new area.

I just wanted to make a thread for people who are afraid of change to not give up and be welcome to whatever new might happens. :)

But the biggest downside is that the job is super far away from home which means more gas money and more figuring out how to dodge traffic. That is something I do not like at all. ;_;
Frozenprince
Banned
(08-13-2017, 07:57 AM)
So you made your call and it worked out! Good for you man.
KraftyKrankins
Member
(08-13-2017, 07:58 AM)
KraftyKrankins's Avatar
Congrats dude! :)
Luminaire
Member
(08-13-2017, 08:03 AM)
Luminaire's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mediking

Iíve been knowing for a few weeks now that my job was gonna transfer me to a new location and itís been freaking me out. I just dreaded the thought of working at a different place because that previous location was so close to home and I enjoyed working there. I was so COMFORTABLE at my old location.

Well, last night was the night I finally got transferred to the new location and Iím happy to sayÖ

Things went great!

My paycheck is gonna explode in cash because of my new work hours, I met some new people who I think are cool, and it turned out some of my associates from my previous job location ACTUALLY got transferred to the new location with me so itís really nice to see a familiar face in a new area.

I just wanted to make a thread for people who are afraid of change to not give up and be welcome to whatever new might happens. :)

But the biggest downside is that the job is super far away from home which means more gas money and more figuring out how to dodge traffic. That is something I do not like at all. ;_;

Grats on it all going smoothly.

To the bolded....this happened to me. I went from driving 8 miles to and from work at my old job to now driving 45 miles a day. Sometimes I'll spend an hour driving home due to traffic. My advice would be to take alternate routes home whenever possible, like learn new ones that a GPS wont show you, which means studying a map or getting something like WAZE.
rocketskates
Member
(08-13-2017, 08:10 AM)
rocketskates's Avatar
Welcome to the real world
jufonuk
Member
(08-13-2017, 08:17 AM)
jufonuk's Avatar
WAZE should do a budget app and call it MEENZ
Mediking
Member
(08-13-2017, 08:19 AM)
Mediking's Avatar
Thanks you guys!

Originally Posted by Luminaire

Grats on it all going smoothly.

To the bolded....this happened to me. I went from driving 8 miles to and from work at my old job to now driving 45 miles a day. Sometimes I'll spend an hour driving home due to traffic. My advice would be to take alternate routes home whenever possible, like learn new ones that a GPS wont show you, which means studying a map or getting something like WAZE.

Thanks for this. Definitely gonna hafta figure out better ways to get from work and home now.
MaximumSpider
Banned
(08-13-2017, 09:03 AM)
Same OP, I just started my new job last week and felt overwhelmed but now getting everything down. I'm going to be making big money soon.
Mediking
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:33 PM)
Mediking's Avatar

Originally Posted by MaximumSpider

Same OP, I just started my new job last week and felt overwhelmed but now getting everything down. I'm going to be making big money soon.

Big money is best money!

Thread Tools