• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

lastplayed
Member
(08-13-2017, 02:23 AM)
lastplayed's Avatar

Originally Posted by SargerusBR



Glorious

Dany doesn't need clever!

soundscream
ATTN MEN: visually inspect your condom before disposal
Also GAF's leading millennial
(08-13-2017, 02:33 AM)
soundscream's Avatar

Originally Posted by Maridia

There's a story on the front page of the huff po about the leaks and how they pertain to fan theories. Huff po is garbage, but I'm still in disbelief that they're being so blatantly dickish

Its not as bad as it seems. Its not anything crazy.
Einchy
semen stains the mountaintops
(08-13-2017, 03:07 AM)
Einchy's Avatar
From Reddit.

Code:

Is this and The Hound's episode 1 helmet the only instances of animal themed helmets?
Heshinsi
"playing" dumb? unpossible
(08-13-2017, 03:15 AM)
Heshinsi's Avatar

Originally Posted by wandering

Oh you sweet summer child

Shhh, don't scare them away.

Originally Posted by The Artisan

Yeah, I think Dany is going to die. I think they'll have a baby, and then she dies, never having the chance to be a mother to a human. Meanwhile, Jon has to be a single parent.

Jon's mom died during childbirth

Dany's mom died during childbirth

So Dany is going to die during childbirth, leaving behind a child whose paternal and maternal grandmothers also died during childbirth?

That's fucking stupid if they go that route. Kill off the father and spare the mother this time jeez. Or better yet, let them both live. How's that for a twist?
Last edited by Heshinsi; 08-13-2017 at 03:39 AM.
The Artisan
Member
(08-13-2017, 03:20 AM)
The Artisan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harrison Bergeron

So what's the deal with the obsession with Jon and Dany sex and love angle? Not necessarily here, but in the popular social culture broadly.

Isn't it just a bit weird they are aunt and nephew? I know it wouldn't be too out of place in the GoT world, but as an audience isn't it a bit weird?

If they were brother/sister or mother/son then I would be weirded out by it. Aunt and nephew for this planet ain't that bad. As weird as it may sound, just simply because of the story arcs for these two characters I find it poetic and...kinda cute.
Twilight Princess
Member
(08-13-2017, 03:22 AM)
Twilight Princess's Avatar
I cant wait to see dany's three huge Ds tomorrow.
Heshinsi
"playing" dumb? unpossible
(08-13-2017, 03:37 AM)
Heshinsi's Avatar
Yep, those History and Lore videos solidified to me that Robert Baratheon was a grade a dick.

"Still what Lord Tywin did was for the greater good. Even what happened to Princess Elia and her children. Babies or no, theirs was the same cursed blood that flowed through the Mad King's veins. They were dragon spawn, and couldn't be allowed to survive...Ned called it murder. Murder? It was war! Lord Stark demanded that the Lannisters be held accountable for their crimes. Is it a crime to put an end to a family of lunatics born of incest? I wouldn't and still don't blame Tywin."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKu2oyqOt58

Lyanna was absolutely right. This fucker would have had Jon killed regardless of him being Ned's nephew or not.
Last edited by Heshinsi; 08-13-2017 at 05:19 AM.
The Artisan
Member
(08-13-2017, 03:56 AM)
The Artisan's Avatar
I was kinda annoyed when I learned that they recast Dickon Tarly, simply because I don't like it when characters get recast, but I think this was a good one. This guy looks like he could be Sam's older brother.
Jigolo
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:00 AM)
Jigolo's Avatar
Just got HBO Now. So tomorrow the episode will unlock at 9? Will I have to close the app and relaunch if I'm on before 9?

Originally Posted by Einchy

From Reddit.

Code:

Is this and The Hound's episode 1 helmet the only instances of animal themed helmets?

After seeing the Hound's...hound helmet I was severely disappointed the Mountain didn't have a mountain one.
The Artisan
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:03 AM)
The Artisan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jigolo

Just got HBO Now. So tomorrow the episode will unlock at 9? Will I have to close the app and relaunch if I'm on before 9?

If it works the same way as Hbogo, then yes. It'll be up at 9, maybe even a few minutes before.
Speevy
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:04 AM)
Speevy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dubbedinenglish

After seeing the Hound's...hound helmet I was severely disappointed the Mountain didn't have a mountain one.


Oberyn is pretty much just Medusa.
Harrison Bergeron
Junior Member
(08-13-2017, 04:05 AM)
Harrison Bergeron's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Artisan

If they were brother/sister or mother/son then I would be weirded out by it. Aunt and nephew for this planet ain't that bad. As weird as it may sound, just simply because of the story arcs for these two characters I find it poetic and...kinda cute.

Perfect insight into what I was asking.

I actually feel the same way as this, but get hung up on the incest.

I need to let it go, maybe.
Speevy
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:08 AM)
Speevy's Avatar
As with any media with sex in it, being attractive and heterosexual normalizes almost all manner of perversion.
Einchy
semen stains the mountaintops
(08-13-2017, 04:15 AM)
Einchy's Avatar
Speaking of HBO go/now, this fucking thing is horrible. Been watching The Sopranos and almost every damn time the quality drops down to gifs from 2006 levels and it barely ever buffers back to normal, so I have to refresh, which then takes a while to set it back to where I left off at. Then there are the times when it just freezes for no reason whatever.

And often when I move the cursor while the video is playing the FPS drops to a crawl.

Shit is like 50 kinds of fucked up.
The Artisan
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:17 AM)
The Artisan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harrison Bergeron

Perfect insight into what I was asking.

I actually feel the same way as this, but get hung up on the incest.

I need to let it go, maybe.

word, well if I were you I wouldn't let it go, I'd hold on to it till the very end ;)

nah but in all seriousness, there are plenty of fans who don't want them together both because it's cliche and because it's incestuous. in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of fans actually don't want it to happen.

I don't pay any mind to the criticisms though; as far as being cliche goes, this story has had enough twists and turns that throwing in another twist wouldn't necessary make the story better, it could come off as needlessly more convoluted, not only that but cliche isn't a bad thing just because it's cliche; it depends on execution. the last of us, for example, is often relegated as cliche but simultaneously it's regarded as one of the greatest games of all time.

And as for the incest like I said if it was the same exact bloodline then I'd probably weirded out by it. I think the show with the amount of incest it portrays was meant to desensitize the audience
MoeDabs
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:21 AM)
MoeDabs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Einchy

From Reddit.

Code:

Is this and The Hound's episode 1 helmet the only instances of animal themed helmets?

Gendry's bull helmet.
zewone
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:27 AM)
zewone's Avatar

Originally Posted by MoeDabs

Gendry's bull helmet.

Still rowing.
The Artisan
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:28 AM)
The Artisan's Avatar
Robert looks like season 1 mountain in that picture
Volimar
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:36 AM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by zewone

Still rowing.


I think they left it behind with that poor kid that took an arrow in the knee.
-ImaginaryInsider
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:50 AM)

Originally Posted by The Artisan

I don't pay any mind to the criticisms though; as far as being cliche goes, this story has had enough twists and turns that throwing in another twist wouldn't necessary make the story better, it could come off as needlessly more convoluted, not only that but cliche isn't a bad thing just because it's cliche; it depends on execution. the last of us, for example, is often relegated as cliche but simultaneously it's regarded as one of the greatest games of all time.

So true, it definitely feels like a certain percentage of folks want subversion for subversion's sake, but it needs to be used strategically or it's just as bad as a worn-out cliche.
The Artisan
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:53 AM)
The Artisan's Avatar

Originally Posted by -ImaginaryInsider

So true, it definitely feels like a certain percentage of folks want subversion for subversion's sake, but it needs to be used strategically or it's just as bad as a worn-out cliche.

yes, exactly that. When i first started watching the show, I never for second thought Jon Snow & Daenerys Targaryen would cross paths or even be related. This show has surprised me every season thus far making the morally honorable characters suffer for so long, I think at this point it's time to give them some liberation. This started when we finally got to see Jon & Sansa win Winterfell back and kill Ramsay.
soundscream
ATTN MEN: visually inspect your condom before disposal
Also GAF's leading millennial
(08-13-2017, 04:58 AM)
soundscream's Avatar

Originally Posted by Einchy

Speaking of HBO go/now, this fucking thing is horrible. Been watching The Sopranos and almost every damn time the quality drops down to gifs from 2006 levels and it barely ever buffers back to normal, so I have to refresh, which then takes a while to set it back to where I left off at. Then there are the times when it just freezes for no reason whatever.

And often when I move the cursor while the video is playing the FPS drops to a crawl.

Shit is like 50 kinds of fucked up.

Might be a problem on your end. I use Now on a XB1, Roku 2 and my phone, and it works perfectly on all devices.
The Artisan
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:02 AM)
The Artisan's Avatar
the subtitles of the app can be off, too. in the last episode Jaime said "the more you own, the more it weighs you down." the subtitle said "the more you owe..."
Goodstyle
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:10 AM)
Goodstyle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heshinsi

Yep, those History and Lore videos solidified to me that Robert Baratheon was a grade a dick.

"Still what Lord Tywin did was for the greater good. Even what happened to Princess Elia and her children. Babies or no, there's was the same cursed blood that flowed through the Mad King's veins. They were dragon spawn, and couldn't be allowed to survive...Ned called it murder. Murder? It was war! Lord Stark demanded that the Lannisters be held accountable for their crimes. Is it a crime to put an end to a family of lunatics born of incest? I wouldn't and still don't blame Tywin."

I detect no lies. The only fault of Robert was being an abusive husband, what he did to that Targaryan filth was warranted. I hope we see the last of them die off by the end of the series.
Heshinsi
"playing" dumb? unpossible
(08-13-2017, 05:26 AM)
Heshinsi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Goodstyle

I detect no lies. The only fault of Robert was being an abusive husband, what he did to that Targaryan filth was warranted. I hope we see the last of them die off by the end of the series.

Reading this post had me...

The Artisan
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:35 AM)
The Artisan's Avatar
Until his dying breath, Robert was kind of an asshole. It's only then when he comes to the conclusion that a daughter shouldn't be guilty of the crimes of her father.
Speevy
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:39 AM)
Speevy's Avatar
If someone could have killed Robert, Aerys, and Littlefinger before they acted in various selfish and deceitful ways, they could have avoided so much needless bloodshed.
Einchy
semen stains the mountaintops
(08-13-2017, 05:48 AM)
Einchy's Avatar
Leaked footage of The Mountain manhandling Dany.

https://youtu.be/jbdhGDhetkg?t=5m57s
Heshinsi
"playing" dumb? unpossible
(08-13-2017, 05:52 AM)
Heshinsi's Avatar
DarkJediKnight
(08-13-2017, 06:02 AM)
DarkJediKnight's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Artisan

I was kinda annoyed when I learned that they recast Dickon Tarly, simply because I don't like it when characters get recast, but I think this was a good one. This guy looks like he could be Sam's older brother.

He's Sam's younger brother. Lol. Why do you think Tarly sent Sam to the Night's Watch?
Goodstyle
Member
(08-13-2017, 06:15 AM)
Goodstyle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heshinsi

Reading this post had me...

Jokes on me. You got me watching these lore vids and now suddenly my day is over, and I suspect a chunk of my day tomorrow will be lost to these vids.
Heshinsi
"playing" dumb? unpossible
(08-13-2017, 06:37 AM)
Heshinsi's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkJediKnight

He's Sam's younger brother. Lol. Why do you think Tarly sent Sam to the Night's Watch?

Joeku
Banned
(08-13-2017, 06:38 AM)
Wait why'd the loot train topic get closed?

Also I just started watching Black Sails and seeing that one dude play Dickon here fucked me up a bit.
old
Member
(08-13-2017, 06:39 AM)
old's Avatar
Beware guys. I just had a dick post spoilers in chat while playing overwatch. Assholes are coming out. I might limit my internet until the seasons over.
Einchy
semen stains the mountaintops
(08-13-2017, 07:24 AM)
Einchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by old

Beware guys. I just had a dick post spoilers in chat while playing overwatch. Assholes are coming out. I might limit my internet until the seasons over.

That sucks, I "turned off" my chat when episode 4 leaked just incase this would happen but I've no idea how to actually turn it off 'cus that shit didn't do anything.
MomoPufflet
Member
(08-13-2017, 07:28 AM)
MomoPufflet's Avatar

Originally Posted by old

Beware guys. I just had a dick post spoilers in chat while playing overwatch. Assholes are coming out. I might limit my internet until the seasons over.

Someone made a comment in a chat and I can't tell if it was a major season 7 or 8 spoiler or they were just speculating or making a stupid joke. So now I'm in that uncomfortable situation where it's constantly in the back of my head but I don't want to seek confirmation and further ruin it for myself, so the only option is just let it crawl around in my brain until it happens or doesn't. It seems like pretty much any chat is a bad idea at least until this season is over and it's out of public consciousness for awhile.
FiggyCal
Member
(08-13-2017, 07:42 AM)
FiggyCal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joeku

Wait why'd the loot train topic get closed?

Also I just started watching Black Sails and seeing that one dude play Dickon here fucked me up a bit.

I think it turned into a third OT for Game of thrones by like the third page.
I guess fourth if you count the "let's rewatch GOT from the brginning" thread.
Nameless
(08-13-2017, 08:01 AM)
Nameless's Avatar

Originally Posted by Goodstyle

I detect no lies. The only fault of Robert was being an abusive husband, what he did to that Targaryan filth was warranted. I hope we see the last of them die off by the end of the series.

The boar's great tusks, they boded ill,
for good King Robert's health.
And the beast was every bit as fat,
as Robert was himself.
But our brave King cried, 'Do your worst,
I'll have your ugly head,'
You're nowhere near as murderous as
the lion in my bed."
King Robert lost his battle,
and he failed his final test,
The lion ripped his balls off aaaaaaannnnnnnnnd,
the boar did all the rest.

wandering
Member
(08-13-2017, 08:58 AM)
wandering's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Artisan

I was kinda annoyed when I learned that they recast Dickon Tarly, simply because I don't like it when characters get recast, but I think this was a good one. This guy looks like he could be Sam's older brother.

Thor/2 does a creditable job but I'm still partial to season 1 Mountain. I personally found him more intimidating, plus he looked more like Sandor.
fuzaco
Junior Member
(08-13-2017, 09:01 AM)

Originally Posted by wandering

Thor/2 does a creditable job but I'm still partial to season 1 Mountain. I personally found him more intimidating, plus he looked more like Sandor.

It doesn't help that the actor is 29, and the Mountain is supposed to be the older brother of Sandor.
Einchy
semen stains the mountaintops
(08-13-2017, 09:10 AM)
Einchy's Avatar
I don't get why they didn't dye his hair a darker color, and then add a bit of grey, or something else to make him look a bit older.

Guess it doesn't matter much anymore, though.
Patrick Bateman
Member
(08-13-2017, 09:15 AM)
Patrick Bateman's Avatar
I wish they somehow would do a look back on Rhaegar's and Lyanna's relationship and would actually show how he took her "hostage".
I always get the idea that they were in love and Robert and Aerys were just idiots.
wandering
Member
(08-13-2017, 09:18 AM)
wandering's Avatar

Originally Posted by fuzaco

It doesn't help that the actor is 29, and the Mountain is supposed to be the older brother of Sandor.

Yeah dude's got baby face going on
Froli
Member
(08-13-2017, 11:26 AM)
Froli's Avatar
I'm getting hyped for the next episode.
FStubbs
Member
(08-13-2017, 11:50 AM)

Originally Posted by The Artisan

yes, exactly that. When i first started watching the show, I never for second thought Jon Snow & Daenerys Targaryen would cross paths or even be related. This show has surprised me every season thus far making the morally honorable characters suffer for so long, I think at this point it's time to give them some liberation. This started when we finally got to see Jon & Sansa win Winterfell back and kill Ramsay.

Yeah, positive things had to start happening. For awhile, it was "reality ensues" for the good guys while not for the bad guys, and when the bad guys keep winning, it'll quickly lead to Darkness Induced Audience Apathy.

No one wants to read a story where bad things just keep happening forever.
NutJobJim
(08-13-2017, 12:24 PM)
NutJobJim's Avatar
With the ending being bitter sweet is there any chance that the White Walkers actually 'win'. I mean winter isn't even here yet and there's a chance that winter could last for many many years.

Daenerys and Jon marry, White Walkers 'kill' Jon and one of the Dragons and turn them into White Walkers (would maybe be cool to see an ice dragon vs a fire Dragon with White Walker Jon vs Daenerys?). Daenerys loses another Dragon and is forced to flee Westeros on her last remaining Dragon... But she is pregnant with John's baby and their son is the future hope to eventually end the White Walker War?

Leave loads of untapped story to tell during the upcoming winter which is bound to last at least 20 years? Just enough time for Jon and Daenerys child to grow up and return to Westeros to defeat his undead Father in the future?
Kayhan
Member
(08-13-2017, 12:31 PM)
Kayhan's Avatar
Jaime X Dany marriage.

Swerve, bitches.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(08-13-2017, 01:22 PM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

I wish they somehow would do a look back on Rhaegar's and Lyanna's relationship and would actually show how he took her "hostage".
I always get the idea that they were in love and Robert and Aerys were just idiots.

Well they will have to if Jon's lineage comes into play. The only way he has more claim then Dany is if Rhaegar married Lyanna . Otherwise he's still a bastard and will have to... bend the knee. 😎
zsynqx
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:25 PM)
zsynqx's Avatar
Longest week ever, just 10 more hours

Thread Tools