• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

reptilescorpio
(08-13-2017, 01:29 AM)

Originally Posted by TarpitCarnivore

So the final is Naito and Omega huh? That's going to be a fire of a match, can't wait

I think it's their first singles match since their 5 star match in the G1 last year.
Empyrean Heaven
(08-13-2017, 02:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Empyrean Heaven

Clue me in?

EDIT: Oh wait, AJ when he first debuted in WWE. Gotcha.

Or it could be Ibushi's colors. Man I'm an idiot.
RedHoodedOwl
(08-13-2017, 02:29 AM)

Originally Posted by excelsiorlef

I love Kojima's theme

Second
fury
(08-13-2017, 02:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Reneledarker

What a final we are going to have, need to see it live. Is the event starting at 11 pm pacific?

Yeah. Nice to have it starting a little earlier.

Is the full card for tonight out yet?
Evening Musuko
Black Korea
(08-13-2017, 02:33 AM)
I love NJPW
RedHoodedOwl
(08-13-2017, 02:35 AM)
I need to catch up with the recent matches.

I still haven't checked out Tanahashi versus Ibushi.
norm9
(08-13-2017, 02:40 AM)
Just caught up by watching Tanahashi/Naito and Omega/Okada. Brilliant matches. Rooting for Naito.
Ronin Ray
(08-13-2017, 03:19 AM)
This is been my first G1 and I've just loved every second of it I can't wait for the finals pulling for naito.
shwimpy
(08-13-2017, 03:26 AM)
first time watching G1 as well and enjoying every second of it... what would've happened if Okada won the whole thing btw?
HashtagLapsed
(08-13-2017, 03:28 AM)

Originally Posted by shwimpy

first time watching G1 as well and enjoying every second of it... what would've happened if Okada won the whole thing btw?

If the champ wins they get to choose who they face at Wrestle Kingdom.
Toki767
(08-13-2017, 03:36 AM)
Just finished watching last night's show and wow at that Omega/Okada match.

They must be so sore when they woke up.
RedHoodedOwl
(08-13-2017, 03:38 AM)
I'm definitely siding with Naito in his upcoming match with Omega.
Empyrean Heaven
(08-13-2017, 04:26 AM)
Full Card is out for tonight's finals. It kicks off at 5AM BST, 2AM EST, 11AM PST

(1) KUSHIDA, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Hirai Kawato vs. Suzukigun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku)
(2) Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa)
(3) Togi Makabe & David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)
(4) Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Juice Robinson vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens)
(5) IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet)
(6) IWGP Tag Team Championship: War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) (c) vs. Bullet Club (Cody & Hangman Page)
(7) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Michael Elgin vs. Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr. & Takashi Iizuka)
(8) CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)
(9) G1 Climax 27 Finals: Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenny Omega

Looks like the first half of the undercard is relatively skippable. Looks like Sabre will be set up for an IC title challenge and Elgin for a NEVER title challenge, while, as assumed, it looks like EVIL will be set up for an IWGP challenge against Okada.
RedHoodedOwl
(08-13-2017, 04:28 AM)
Sanada and Tama Tonga pulled off a good match.
fury
(08-13-2017, 04:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Empyrean Heaven

Full Card is out for tonight's finals. It kicks off at 5AM BST, 2AM EST, 11AM PST

(1) KUSHIDA, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Hirai Kawato vs. Suzukigun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku)
(2) Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa)
(3) Togi Makabe & David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)
(4) Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Juice Robinson vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens)
(5) IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet)
(6) IWGP Tag Team Championship: War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) (c) vs. Bullet Club (Cody & Hangman Page)
(7) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Michael Elgin vs. Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr. & Takashi Iizuka)
(8) CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)
(9) G1 Climax 27 Finals: Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenny Omega

Looks like the first half of the undercard is relatively skippable. Looks like Sabre will be set up for an IC title challenge and Elgin for a NEVER title challenge, while, as assumed, it looks like EVIL will be set up for an IWGP challenge against Okada.

Thanks
Aizo
音楽オタク
(08-13-2017, 07:28 AM)
I went to the event yesterday, so I suppose I should share stuff that you all probably saw already in higher quality. Wish I got a better shot of Evil with his scythe.

I also recorded a couple highlights from Okada Vs. Omega.
Omega's old finisher
End of the match

The crowd was way better than when I saw Stardom. They're silent there.
ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(08-13-2017, 07:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Aizo

I went to the event yesterday, so I suppose I should share stuff that you all probably saw already in higher quality. Wish I got a better shot of Evil with his scythe.

I also recorded a couple highlights from Okada Vs. Omega.
Omega's old finisher
End of the match

The crowd was way better than when I saw Stardom. They're silent there.

Very cool.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(08-13-2017, 07:39 AM)
did anyone ever win two G1s back to back?

Im sure Naito will win if not only for that, because he needs it more at this point and probably deserves it more too after his ridiculous work as a heel for the last year or so.

But still, if Kenny did win, would that be a first?
Rawr Its Ry
(08-13-2017, 07:40 AM)
So if they are going with Ibushi and Omega when would they start planting even more seeds for this? One of the destruction shows or KoPW? Or maybe they wait even until November to start the program?
RedHoodedOwl
(08-13-2017, 07:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

Im sure Naito will win if not only for that, because he needs it more at this point and probably deserves it more too after his ridiculous work as a heel for the last year or so.

The crowd is going to be so divided during this match.
reptilescorpio
(08-13-2017, 07:44 AM)

Wow that first shot is fantastic!
Raw64life
(08-13-2017, 07:48 AM)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G1_Climax

Many times, especially if you count older version of the tournament before it was called the G1.
Aizo
音楽オタク
(08-13-2017, 07:49 AM)

Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster

Very cool.

Originally Posted by reptilescorpio

Wow that first shot is fantastic!

Originally Posted by Raw64life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G1_Climax

Many times, especially if you count older version of the tournament before it was called the G1.

I thought Kenny said after he won last night that he'd be the first two time champion?
Raw64life
(08-13-2017, 07:50 AM)

I thought Kenny said after he won last night that he'd be the first two time champion?

First two-time gaijin champion.

Still, it was a dumb thing to say because he's the only gaijin to win the G1 period, so of course he'd be the first two-time gaijin champion.
excelsiorlef
(08-13-2017, 08:12 AM)
Sick dive from El Desperado

Nice to see Kanemaru get the pin. Love Deep Impact.

Kushida vs El Desperado seems to be the next IWGP JR Heavyweight program. Works for me.

Great brawl
Aizo
音楽オタク
(08-13-2017, 08:18 AM)
People in the hall coming back from the bathroom were in for a shock seeing them continue the fight hahah.
Reneledarker
Banned
(08-13-2017, 08:24 AM)

People in the hall coming back from the bathroom were in for a shock seeing them continue the fight hahah.

It was a long post-match brawl, almost as long as the match.
Aizo
音楽オタク
(08-13-2017, 08:25 AM)

It was a long post-match brawl, almost as long as the match.

Pretty amusing. The crowd looked like they were having a lot of fun. Too bad I'm not there today, too! Friend I went with yesterday is there, though.
excelsiorlef
(08-13-2017, 08:29 AM)
Lovely Samoan Driver
wonzo
Banned
(08-13-2017, 08:30 AM)
nagata 😭
Anth0ny
(08-13-2017, 08:32 AM)
NA GA TA NA GA TA
Reneledarker
Banned
(08-13-2017, 08:33 AM)
As good as Nagata looks at his 49, Suzuki looks way better at the same age. I guess Nagata career as ace was more damaging that Suzuki one. I wonder how Tana would look when he is 49.
Anth0ny
(08-13-2017, 08:39 AM)
Being the Elite coming to HBO! Along with Season 3 of Ballers starring Juice Robinson. Will air just before Game of Thrones to help it get a couple more viewers.
squall23
(08-13-2017, 08:45 AM)
I'm a casual NJPW fan, so maybe somebody else can answer this, but how does Thunder Liger get the license to use the character and the song?
Akibared
(08-13-2017, 08:50 AM)

As good as Nagata looks at his 49, Suzuki looks way better at the same age. I guess Nagata career as ace was more damaging that Suzuki one. I wonder how Tana would look when he is 49.

Agreed I didn't even know Suzuki was that old!
excelsiorlef
(08-13-2017, 08:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

Being the Elite coming to HBO! Along with Season 3 of Ballers starring Juice Robinson. Will air just before Game of Thrones to help it get a couple more viewers.

What?
Sir_Crocodile
(08-13-2017, 08:52 AM)

Nagata doesn't look that much different from when he was in wcw lol.

Both of them did MMA in the NJPW dark era though, and that can certainly take a toll. I didn't see any of Nagata's, but Suzuki did get knocked out quite a few times in Pancrase.

Originally Posted by squall23

I'm a casual NJPW fan, so maybe somebody else can answer this, but how does Thunder Liger get the license to use the character and the song?

Nagai and NJPW agreed to do it and Liger got the gig. They'd already done it with Tiger Mask and made a lot of money with it.
Akibared
(08-13-2017, 08:57 AM)
Juice is adorable!
Reneledarker
Banned
(08-13-2017, 08:58 AM)
Daryl vs Parrot when?
xintin
(08-13-2017, 08:58 AM)
Taguchi better go this entire match with the parrot on his shoulder.
RecRoulette
(08-13-2017, 08:59 AM)
Damn, we're already at the Jr Tag matches and it's only been an hour.
Reneledarker
Banned
(08-13-2017, 09:00 AM)

Originally Posted by RecRoulette

Damn, we're already at the Jr Tag matches and it's only been an hour.

One hour main event!!!
Akibared
(08-13-2017, 09:02 AM)

Daryl vs Parrot when?

Match of the century!
Anth0ny
(08-13-2017, 09:03 AM)
Ricochet is OVER
excelsiorlef
(08-13-2017, 09:08 AM)
I love that in response to being called spot monkeys the Bucks just said fine and incorporated a classic NWA style that they pull off with the same level of excellence
Sir_Crocodile
(08-13-2017, 09:08 AM)
bucks focusing on taguchi's ass lol
Akibared
(08-13-2017, 09:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Sir_Crocodile

bucks focusing on taguchi's ass lol

Got his revenge!
Sir_Crocodile
(08-13-2017, 09:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Akibared

Got his revenge!

that superkick to the ass though!

Lol, they're calling the taguchi/ricochet combo funky future.

That mid air ass save!
excelsiorlef
(08-13-2017, 09:16 AM)
Boo.
Reneledarker
Banned
(08-13-2017, 09:16 AM)
I guess the Elite is going to lose everything tonight!!!