• @NeoGAF

IronRinn
(07-14-2017, 08:44 PM)

Zatoth
(07-14-2017, 08:45 PM)
I am ready!
Ecliptor
(07-14-2017, 08:50 PM)
Suscribed. I had completely forgotten about this series.
Baroquemantic
(07-14-2017, 08:55 PM)
Can't wait for the fuckery!
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(07-14-2017, 09:57 PM)
Show is awful but I'm in for the final season.
Jackpot
(07-14-2017, 10:28 PM)
I dropped it after season 1 after it became clear the show didn't respect the audience.

I came across an op-ed about how crappy Zach was in season 2 after he started smashing up his dad's lab filled with deadly diseases.

Then most recently I clicked a youtube vid showing Zach detonating a nuclear bomb in New York because he hated his father.

So glad I bailed.
Agent Gibbs
(07-14-2017, 10:46 PM)
sooooo good! Zack makes me think Carl is positively bearable
PingPongvonLaserstein
(07-14-2017, 10:50 PM)
I wanted to like this, forced myself through the first season and never felt compelled to return for season two. Is it at all worth it to try to pick it back up?
mjc
(07-14-2017, 10:53 PM)
A textbook example of a show shitting the bed.
Col WillieSharp
(07-14-2017, 10:55 PM)
Wait. Is Gus not in the show any more? He's not int the first post or the trailer. He made it out alive last season, right?
Ponn
Banned
(07-14-2017, 10:57 PM)
I'm not sure I can do this again. Unless Zack gets killed off the first episode. Also this would have to follow GoT and this would be such a goddamn downer. I might DVR this.
Khezu
(07-14-2017, 10:57 PM)
I don't remember if I watched season 3 or not.

Last I remember is bald good guys wife turned into a vampire and had a bunch of vampire kids, and "good" vampires were introduced.
Ponn
Banned
(07-14-2017, 11:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Khezu

I don't remember if I watched season 3 or not.

Last I remember is bald good guys wife turned into a vampire and had a bunch of vampire kids, and "good" vampires were introduced.

Nope that sounds like season 2, you would distinctly remember season 3 and the fuckery that went down.
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(07-14-2017, 11:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Col WillieSharp

Wait. Is Gus not in the show any more? He's not int the first post or the trailer. He made it out alive last season, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers completely forgot Gus existed.
IronRinn
(07-15-2017, 01:14 AM)

I think I might have forgotten weather he was alive or not. I will add him in when I get a minute.

Also, can a mod change the "H" at the end of the title to a "K"? I fucked up.
GuitarAtomik
(07-15-2017, 01:32 AM)
Excited to see what the main villain of the show Zack has in store for our heroes this season.
Socivol
(07-15-2017, 01:37 AM)

He will be on the show but I feel like they've never known what to do with that character. He is just "there".
RS4-
(07-15-2017, 01:39 AM)
Oh god, I might as well put up with this season since it's the last one.

And then they'll announce some spinoff series.
FUBAR McDangles
(07-15-2017, 02:04 AM)
I don't remember a whole lot about the books back when I read them, but I remember strongly disliking the way they end everything.

Have there been any divergences from the books thus far? Any chances of them changing anything up? I only watched through season 1.
shira
(07-15-2017, 02:05 AM)
Is that title warranted?
#eyesore
GuitarAtomik
(07-15-2017, 02:11 AM)

Originally Posted by FUBAR McDangles

I don't remember a whole lot about the books back when I read them, but I remember strongly disliking the way they end everything.

Have there been any divergences from the books thus far? Any chances of them changing anything up? I only watched through season 1.

I haven't read them, but my understanding is they've been diverging from the books in a lot of ways since season 1. One of the main characters since season 1 isn't even in the books IIRC.
HP_Wuvcraft
Banned
(07-15-2017, 02:13 AM)

Originally Posted by RatskyWatsky

Show is awful but I'm in for the final season.

Show is utter tripe, but I'm glad they had the balls to stay with the post-apocalypse storyline of book three. But this is This Show, so I fully expect them to embrace the left turn supernatural bullshit that was thrown into Night Eternal.

Originally Posted by FUBAR McDangles

They actually have been adding major new characters and plotlines. Dutch. The bioweapon. The best parts of season three - the actual warzone of New York - were never in the book.
inky
(07-15-2017, 02:17 AM)
Please tell me they changed Zacks again.

I bailed out last season. I found out I don't hate myself as much as I thought I did.
Zach
(07-15-2017, 02:20 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft
Banned
(07-15-2017, 02:22 AM)

Originally Posted by RatskyWatsky

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers completely forgot Gus existed.

Gus was one of the few compelling characters in the books, so of course the show gave him the shaft. I was so looking forward to the Gus-Quinlan Team Up Power Hour. And they even truncated Creem's involvement in the story to a cameo in the first episode. Which was odd because he was a major human bro-tagonist in book three.
dead souls
(07-15-2017, 06:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Baroquemantic

Can't wait for the fuckery!

Exactly.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(07-15-2017, 06:55 AM)
came in expecting Gaf's number one The Strain fan, Ratsky, to be the first post.

Leave disapointed.
Redd
(07-15-2017, 06:56 AM)
....well might as well finish it. It's pretty bad but there might be a slim chance it finishes strong.
HP_Wuvcraft
Banned
(07-15-2017, 07:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Redd

....well might as well finish it. It's pretty bad but there might be a slim chance it finishes strong.

If the show goes the way of the book, expect Under the Dome level jank.
Lord Ghirahim
(07-15-2017, 07:11 AM)
Dropped this a long time ago because it was pretty awful. I think? I don't really remember anything about it. I remember really hating it though.
Mighty Chin
Banned
(07-15-2017, 07:18 AM)
Fucking Zach
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(07-16-2017, 10:38 AM)
The season premiere is tonight, god help us all

The Worm Turns

In the Season 4 premiere, Night Eternal has set in following the nuclear war and Eph abandons New York for Philadelpha, where he encounters new fighters who rekindle his drive to fight back. Elsewhere: Setrakian tasks Fet and Quinlan to find a new means of stopping the Master.

Vuze
(07-16-2017, 10:57 AM)
Oh boy, skimming through the posts after I just watched the pilot last night 😳 I guess I'll keep on watching though, it was rather intriguing.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(07-16-2017, 11:01 AM)
This season had better see Zach die in the most painful, horrific way imaginable.
xrnzaaas
(07-16-2017, 11:01 AM)
I still remember how I got excited after watching the pilot episode and read all the books before season 1 was even finished. The first book was okay, the second was disappointing and the third was just pure trash.
Vinegar Joe
(07-16-2017, 11:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Miles Quaritch

This season had better see Zach die in the most painful, horrific way imaginable.

I'm guessing they're going to go for the unhappy ending.

Abraham will finally defeat the Strigoi but at the cost of his own life, saving Zach from the clutches of the Master.

Reunited with his father who he still hates, they walk off into the sunset to build a new life.

The end.

No. NO! NOOOooooo!

[Insert Jesse Pinkman gif here]
Shy
The Reasonable Negro™
That You Can Live With
(07-16-2017, 12:20 PM)
Ok my lovelies. Let's arm in arm and walk into this madness, one more time.
someday
Banned
(07-16-2017, 12:40 PM)
I'm in.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(07-16-2017, 12:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Vinegar Joe

I'm guessing they're going to go for the unhappy ending.

Abraham will finally defeat the Strigoi but at the cost of his own life, saving Zach from the clutches of the Master.

Reunited with his father who he still hates, they walk off into the sunset to build a new life.

The end.

No. NO! NOOOooooo!

[Insert Jesse Pinkman gif here]

I'm going to writer a strongly worded email if this happens. He needs to die. I didn't even hate Joffrey as much as I hate Zach. He's irredeemable, he needs to die and painfully. I want to see his head on a pike with everyone taking turns to spit on it.
Majmun
(07-16-2017, 12:43 PM)
Didn't know this was at season 4 already. Still have to watch season 2
Shambalakan
(07-16-2017, 12:58 PM)
I thought they cancelled The Strain years ago!
Only watched 1,2 episodes. It wasn't bad, but didn't like it and then there weren't any hype about it. Is it good? Specially for someone who loved Fringe. Are there similarities between The Strain and Fringe or I'm totally wrong?
V-Gief
(07-16-2017, 01:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Miles Quaritch

I'm going to writer a strongly worded email if this happens. He needs to die. I didn't even hate Joffrey as much as I hate Zach. He's irredeemable, he needs to die and painfully. I want to see his head on a pike with everyone taking turns to spit on it.

This person speaks the truth. The whiny little shit needs to die a horrible and painful death :|
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(07-16-2017, 09:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Shambalakan

Is it good?

No.
Jarrod38
(07-17-2017, 02:27 AM)
Is this kinda early for the show to return?
IronRinn
(07-17-2017, 04:05 AM)
All right. Let's roll on this shitshow.
Baroquemantic
(07-17-2017, 04:05 AM)
Well this is some crazy shit.
Jarrod38
(07-17-2017, 04:08 AM)
First it was Jim's fault for the start and now Zack's fault for the end.
Ushay
(07-17-2017, 04:15 AM)
Show went to shit, but I'll see it through to the end :(

I still fucking hate Zack.
Jarrod38
(07-17-2017, 04:17 AM)
Emo Zack.
IronRinn
(07-17-2017, 04:25 AM)
Eichorst thinking about having to put up with that brat for all eternity.

Quinlan is still ok.