• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Big Baybee
Member
(07-24-2017, 05:02 AM)
Big Baybee's Avatar

Originally Posted by LilWayneSuckz

When I say temp job, I meant to say work for a temp agency which would try to find something for him based on his degree and work experience.

He strung her along when he basically made it seem like they were going to reconcile during the girls trip at the end of the first season. Now he's literally toying with her emotions and making a Tasha a pawn. Also why can't she answer the door in her underwear without wanting to have sex with him? It's late at night, not everyone has to answer the door in a pantsuit or a jeans.

That's not stringing her along. Peoples emotions are complicated. He was conflicted, that doesn't make him an asshole. I don't know why you aren't getting that Issa was the asshole of that relationship last season. And I'm not saying she can't, but come on. She been thirsty for that boy and she finally got him over. Lawrence is wrong when it comes to Tasha, but I'm meh on Issa. Though Tasha did know he had a girl last season and was still trying to get in there so....I don't know.
UnemployedVillain
Member
(07-24-2017, 05:03 AM)
UnemployedVillain's Avatar
Lawrence, that was dirty as fuck. I think, at least for the moment, I'm on #teamthugyoda
Socivol
Banned
(07-24-2017, 05:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Con_Smith

Maybe he got caught in his feelings, still having some for issa, yet still mad. Also he probably has to get to his homeboy house before he locked out. 😂


Great first episode. Crissle was right that it would be a great.

It was excellent but it also showed that Lawrence really ain't shit. It takes place THREE MONTHS post break up and he's still on an air mattress in his boy's house. His boy who is a realtor and could have helped him find a place. It almost felt like he was fishing for an invite to move in with Tasha during that lunch too. I was #LawrenceHive but this episode had made me jump off that ship. He really is a bum bitch and Issa deserves better.
royalan
Lotus Member
(07-24-2017, 05:05 AM)
royalan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Con_Smith

Maybe he got caught in his feelings, still having some for issa, yet still mad. Also he probably has to get to his homeboy house before he locked out. 😂


Great first episode. Crissle was right that it would be a great.

kjlgflisabdlbilibkjsbflrabel;ob;aoe;oearboiaerbear

you wrong for that
LilWayneSuckz
Member
(07-24-2017, 05:06 AM)
LilWayneSuckz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Big Baybee

That's not stringing her along. Peoples emotions are complicated. He was conflicted, that doesn't make him an asshole. I don't know why you aren't getting that Issa was the asshole of that relationship last season. And I'm not saying she can't, but come on. She been thirsty for that boy and she finally got him over. Lawrence is wrong when it comes to Tasha, but I'm meh on Issa. Though Tasha did know he had a girl last season and was still trying to get in there so....I don't know.

Issa was an asshole but she regretted her bad decisions. Lawrence is just out here being a fuckboy.

Tasha isn't at fault, I'm assuming he told her that it was over between him and Issa before they fucked. But Lawrence is a fuckboy so I don't even know if he even bothered....

EDIT: I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed Lawrence was trying to creep his way into living with Tasha...typical fuckboy behavior.
Last edited by LilWayneSuckz; 07-24-2017 at 05:09 AM.
Socivol
Banned
(07-24-2017, 05:10 AM)

Originally Posted by LilWayneSuckz

Issa was an asshole but she regretted her bad decisions. Lawrence is just out here being a fuckboy.

Tasha isn't at fault, I'm assuming he told her that it was over between him and Issa before they fucked. But Lawrence is a fuckboy so I don't even know if he even bothered....

He probably did because remember he initially rejected her because he had a girlfriend. I have a friend in a situation like this where she is fucking this dude she really likes and he has made it clear that he isn't looking for a relationship. We told her she has to detach her pussy from her heart if she wants him to keep coming over but she doesn't listen. He rolled over there with an overnight bag the other day and she let him stay. I'm like he's using you for a place to stay!
LilWayneSuckz
Member
(07-24-2017, 05:13 AM)
LilWayneSuckz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Socivol

He probably did because remember he initially rejected her because he had a girlfriend. I have a friend in a situation like this where she is fucking this dude she really likes and he has made it clear that he isn't looking for a relationship. We told her she has to detach her pussy from her heart if she wants him to keep coming over but she doesn't listen. He rolled over there with an overnight bag the other day and she let him stay. I'm like he's using you for a place to stay!

Typical....men think they can do it and people let them. Team Lawrence my ass...
Socivol
Banned
(07-24-2017, 05:18 AM)

Originally Posted by LilWayneSuckz

Typical....men think they can do it and people let them. Team Lawrence my ass...

Well....my friend does let him. I roasted her ass but she still did it. He is supposed to just be a dick appointment but he came over with a bag AND went to sleep prior to dropping off the dick.

My friend is kind of like Molly where she has a career but her love life has been trash. She's been messing with this dude for over a year and getting played.
LilWayneSuckz
Member
(07-24-2017, 05:25 AM)
LilWayneSuckz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Socivol

Well....my friend does let him. I roasted her ass but she still did it. He is supposed to just be a dick appointment but he came over with a bag AND went to sleep prior to dropping off the dick.

My friend is kind of like Molly where she has a career but her love life has been trash. She's been messing with this dude for over a year and getting played.

It's hard, especially when you're around Molly and Issa's age to find people who want a monogamous relationship. Men especially think they have all the cards and can do whatever the fuck they want. Like the term "side bitch" is now something that men are aspiring to have or are okay with having...

She should kick his ass out cuz unless the dick is bomb and he's fine....there are plenty of other men with better dick out there. The sooner you treat these trash ass fuckboy like the garbage that they are, the better they understand that they are Lawrences living on somebody else's blow up couch
NipplesAndToes23
Banned
(07-24-2017, 06:21 AM)
Afterbuzz got a live review going on right now. They got some different girls this time so I don't know how they are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZIaTK4SyY
Cornballer
foul temptress
(07-24-2017, 06:44 AM)
Cornballer's Avatar
- Onion A|V Club review
- Promo for next week’s episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)
Con_Smith
Member
(07-24-2017, 06:52 AM)
Con_Smith's Avatar

Originally Posted by Socivol

It was excellent but it also showed that Lawrence really ain't shit. It takes place THREE MONTHS post break up and he's still on an air mattress in his boy's house. His boy who is a realtor and could have helped him find a place. It almost felt like he was fishing for an invite to move in with Tasha during that lunch too. I was #LawrenceHive but this episode had made me jump off that ship. He really is a bum bitch and Issa deserves better.

No arguments from me. I dunno the prices in Inglewood but I'm sure his job could get him a decent 1 bdrm. I've done the surf though when times were hard/ stacking bread so I know the struggle can be real sometimes

Originally Posted by royalan

kjlgflisabdlbilibkjsbflrabel;ob;aoe;oearboiaerbear

you wrong for that

😂 Took it from my group chat, but I was thinking it when it happened.
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(07-24-2017, 06:54 AM)
Grizzlyjin's Avatar
"You ever seen Lockup: Abroad? They gonna lock a broad up." Haha. And entire magazine rack full of manga?! Where was that when I was in school?

Whoa, the classic ex backslide. I can't hold it against Lawrence or Issa, that's the risk when you're around an ex.

Edit: I'm betting viewership has grown. #InsecureHBO has been the #1 US trend for the last couple hours, with #LawrenceHive right up there.
Last edited by Grizzlyjin; 07-24-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Nabs
(07-24-2017, 06:57 AM)
Nabs's Avatar
Damn. Season 2 starting with a bang. That was a great episode. Very funny.

#tashahive. She's going to need all the support she can get.
bigmase84
Junior Member
(07-24-2017, 07:10 AM)
bigmase84's Avatar
Issa's brother had me dying when he talked to Kelli and Tiffany 😂
Ross61
Member
(07-24-2017, 07:49 AM)
Ross61's Avatar
Lmao at Issa deserves better.
Cyros
Member
(07-24-2017, 04:51 PM)
The truth:

https://twitter.com/Steph_I_Will/sta...29034231939072
Socivol
Banned
(07-24-2017, 04:54 PM)

Originally Posted by LilWayneSuckz

It's hard, especially when you're around Molly and Issa's age to find people who want a monogamous relationship. Men especially think they have all the cards and can do whatever the fuck they want. Like the term "side bitch" is now something that men are aspiring to have or are okay with having...

She should kick his ass out cuz unless the dick is bomb and he's fine....there are plenty of other men with better dick out there. The sooner you treat these trash ass fuckboy like the garbage that they are, the better they understand that they are Lawrences living on somebody else's blow up couch

Is it though? The rest of us are married or in a relationship, but when you let someone treat you like this they will. Also, he is fine and I heard the dick is bomb but if that's not what you want why would you even entertain that? Just like Tasha it's clear she wants more but she let's him come over every weekend to blow her back out and then leave. He's going to continue to do that if you allow him to.
Enzom21
Member
(07-24-2017, 04:59 PM)
Enzom21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyros

The truth:

https://twitter.com/Steph_I_Will/sta...29034231939072

Well yeah, that was nothing more than a hate fuck for Lawrence.
ApharmdX
Member
(07-24-2017, 05:41 PM)
ApharmdX's Avatar
I loved s1 and last night's premier was cool as fuck, but I'm wondering how they are going to redeem Issa after s1? That ending was a start, maybe, wow.

Lawrence is doing Tasha kind of dirty though. He's like "we just having fun with NSA" to his boy and I laughed... he knows better. He knows she has some expectations but doesn't want to bring it up, hence the hesitation where he thought about asking if they could live together.

Originally Posted by Ross61

Lmao at Issa deserves better.

Yeah. I'm wondering did people even watch the same show's season 1 that I did?
hey_monkey
Member
(07-24-2017, 06:13 PM)
hey_monkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyros

The truth:

https://twitter.com/Steph_I_Will/sta...29034231939072

damn truth and also she has my favorite twitter username ever.
RadioHeadAche
Member
(07-24-2017, 06:52 PM)
RadioHeadAche's Avatar
Is someone a manga fan? Because that magazine stand in the library scene was almost all shounen jump, plus akira, silent möbius and a newtype magazine
sixteen-bit
Member
(07-24-2017, 07:04 PM)
I missed this. I'll need to borrow my sibling's HBO Go login.
Samara
Member
(07-24-2017, 07:12 PM)
Samara's Avatar
Lawrence 's game is strong. Dude is homeless and got 2 thirsty chicks after him.
Socivol
Banned
(07-24-2017, 07:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Enzom21

Well yeah, that was nothing more than a hate fuck for Lawrence.

Was it though? I would've agreed had he not kissed her on the cheek afterward.
Pupperbabysassy
Banned
(07-24-2017, 07:22 PM)

Originally Posted by OG Shaka Zulu

Issa Rae is the shizznit. Loved Awkward and S1 of Insecure. GAF don't front y'all would date her and she's more interesting than safe choices Rihanna and Beyonce.

She's prettier than both.
hey_monkey
Member
(07-24-2017, 07:49 PM)
hey_monkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Socivol

Was it though? I would've agreed had he not kissed her on the cheek afterward.

Yeah, that complicated the scene. It's one of the things I like about the show - it's all complicated and messy and real. Really elevates the show from a comedy into something special.
Nabs
(07-24-2017, 07:50 PM)
Nabs's Avatar
I can't express how happy last nights episode made me. It feels like Issa found the perfect balance between ABG and Insecure S1. The comedy was hitting, the drama was hitting, everything was just right. I hope she can win a few awards this season.

And shoutouts to Due North. "Oh bitch, let the bitch reeeeaaaad..." I hope we get more throughout the season.

Just now realizing that the ABB Blood is Darius, the baby-voiced nigga 😅 from ABG https://twitter.com/awkwardblkgrl/st...92378699206656
NipplesAndToes23
Banned
(07-24-2017, 07:50 PM)
Yo this shit was funny as fuck! I think I can watch that review now.
RastaMentality
Member
(07-24-2017, 08:14 PM)
RastaMentality's Avatar
If the show keeps this level of quality, the emmys need to bless Issa with best comedy next year. especially since atlanta won't be in contention.
dead souls
(07-24-2017, 08:23 PM)
Great premiere.
hateradio
The Most Dangerous Yes Man
(07-24-2017, 10:47 PM)
hateradio's Avatar
I'm glad this show's back. So good.

I almost thought that scene at the end was a dream.

Originally Posted by Cyros

The truth:

https://twitter.com/Steph_I_Will/sta...29034231939072

😂
Pupperbabysassy
Banned
(07-24-2017, 11:01 PM)

Originally Posted by RastaMentality

If the show keeps this level of quality, the emmys need to bless Issa with best comedy next year. especially since atlanta won't be in contention.

HBO doesn't send much at all for this show for Emmy recognition. I hope that changes as this show is superior to Atlanta and every comedy next to Master of None.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(07-24-2017, 11:04 PM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar
Lawrence has my shield. That nigga done turned into a wild boy. Straight savage shit last night. Never please a cheater, kings.
NipplesAndToes23
Banned
(07-24-2017, 11:41 PM)

Originally Posted by RastaMentality

If the show keeps this level of quality, the emmys need to bless Issa with best comedy next year. especially since atlanta won't be in contention.

Why not?
Nabs
(07-24-2017, 11:46 PM)
Nabs's Avatar

Originally Posted by NipplesAndToes23

Why not?

Atlanta got pushed back to next year. Donald is busy with Star Wars.
RastaMentality
Member
(07-25-2017, 06:30 AM)
RastaMentality's Avatar
the premiere looked extra gorgeous tonight. melina matsoukas needs an award.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyjin

"You ever seen Lockup: Abroad? They gonna lock a broad up." Haha.

That entire scene was comedic power. Kelli's actress is a fuckin talent and i can't wait for her show. the entire explanation about reparations had me rolllinggg.
Last edited by RastaMentality; 07-25-2017 at 06:51 AM.
lush
Member
(07-25-2017, 07:07 PM)
lush's Avatar
Was so ready for the fake out at the end of the ep? Holy shit, that was real. And the kiss? Looking forward to gray area Lawrence this season. Btw, Kelli is still the best character.

Also, <3 that little bit of Love Galore towards the end. More SZA this season please.
pokeystaples
Member
(07-25-2017, 07:09 PM)
pokeystaples's Avatar
I'm gonna be pissy if we don't get to see Tasha become manager of a bank somewhere.
RastaMentality
Member
(07-25-2017, 07:46 PM)
RastaMentality's Avatar
where's Ratsky or Cornballer to tell us about the ratings doubling for the season premiere from the finale?
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(07-25-2017, 08:28 PM)
RatskyWatsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by RastaMentality

where's Ratsky or Cornballer to tell us about the ratings doubling for the season premiere from the finale?

L+SD Ratings

Season 1:

Episode 1: 371K
Episode 2: 458K
Episode 3: 469K
Episode 4: 348K
Episode 5: 329K
Episode 6: 388K
Episode 7: 382K
Episode 8: 565K

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.1 million

The show got a big boost in the ratings from A: having a successful first season that built a larger audience over time & B: leading out of Game of Thrones and Ballers.
Pupperbabysassy
Banned
(07-25-2017, 08:38 PM)

Originally Posted by RatskyWatsky

L+SD Ratings

Season 1:

Episode 1: 371K
Episode 2: 458K
Episode 3: 469K
Episode 4: 348K
Episode 5: 329K
Episode 6: 388K
Episode 7: 382K
Episode 8: 565K

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.1 million

The show got a big boost in the ratings from A: having a successful first season that built a larger audience over time & B: leading out of Game of Thrones and Ballers.


This makes my day!
shadow_shogun
Member
(07-25-2017, 08:40 PM)
shadow_shogun's Avatar

Originally Posted by RatskyWatsky

L+SD Ratings

Season 1:

Episode 1: 371K
Episode 2: 458K
Episode 3: 469K
Episode 4: 348K
Episode 5: 329K
Episode 6: 388K
Episode 7: 382K
Episode 8: 565K

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.1 million

The show got a big boost in the ratings from A: having a successful first season that built a larger audience over time & B: leading out of Game of Thrones and Ballers.

Gaddamn, I'm very impressed and happy. I really should get my wife on this show.
royalan
Lotus Member
(07-25-2017, 09:03 PM)
royalan's Avatar
YAAAASSSS

The official podcast "Insecuritea" has finally released and it guests Jay Ellis (Lawrence) and Yvonne Orji (Molly).

If you're watching the show, you HAVE to be listening to this podcast. It's hilarious.
Dereck
(07-26-2017, 03:02 AM)
Dereck's Avatar
Yeah, this is good

Last edited by Dereck; 07-26-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Messofanego
Member
(07-26-2017, 05:48 PM)
Messofanego's Avatar
Women in the workplace are between a rock and a hard place. Speak up about wage inequality but then get shouted down for being an outspoken woman.
chronos4590
Member
(07-26-2017, 10:46 PM)
chronos4590's Avatar

Originally Posted by royalan

YAAAASSSS

The official podcast "Insecuritea" has finally released and it guests Jay Ellis (Lawrence) and Yvonne Orji (Molly).

If you're watching the show, you HAVE to be listening to this podcast. It's hilarious.

Finally! will do.
Also I hope the season 2 soundtrack releases soon
Shows music is so good. Are there playlist out there with all the music they play in the show? Cant Shazam the whole every time I watch lol
NipplesAndToes23
Banned
(07-26-2017, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Dereck

Yeah, this is good

I was rollin when he dusted off his shoe.
hateradio
The Most Dangerous Yes Man
(07-27-2017, 08:38 AM)
hateradio's Avatar
Also, how much weight did she lose, cus she almost looks like a different person. 😲
Dereck
(07-27-2017, 06:56 PM)
Dereck's Avatar

Originally Posted by hateradio

Also, how much weight did she lose, cus she almost looks like a different person. 😲

She lost weight? I guess I haven't been paying attention.

Thread Tools