• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Izuna
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:33 PM)
Izuna's Avatar
Bae looks...

Hmm

Gunna ask permission before uploading, but it's interesting
Afrocious
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:33 PM)
Afrocious's Avatar

Originally Posted by Costanza-san

Remember Faceapp's "hotness" filter that turned dark skin light?

such impressive technology tho
Iksenpets
Banned
(08-09-2017, 10:33 PM)
Iksenpets's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cross-Section

Trump's is really something else

Definitely no weird racist stereotyping going on when the algorithm decides that Brown Trump needs a mustache.
DiipuSurotu
Banned
(08-09-2017, 10:34 PM)
DiipuSurotu's Avatar






Makai
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:35 PM)
Makai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ragnorok64

I tried it once on myself and immediately uninstalled the app. Then I discovered the joy of using it on celebrities.

incredible
Indrid Cold1
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:36 PM)
Indrid Cold1's Avatar
This is great. Thanks for making me aware of it OP.
Alcotholic
Banned
(08-09-2017, 10:36 PM)
Nathan drake

Alienous
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:36 PM)
Alienous's Avatar

Originally Posted by Costanza-san

Remember Faceapp's "hotness" filter that turned dark skin light?

I presume that it was trained on celebrities considered attractive, and that would have a bias towards white actors and actresses (because socially, and unfortunately, that's a bias that exists - you can look at any top 100), resulting in lightening dark skin.

That seems more reasonable that any malicious intent, and the fact that they disabled it (at least I recall them doing so) suggests it being a result of the algorithm rather than anything purposeful.
AwakenedCloud
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:38 PM)
AwakenedCloud's Avatar

Originally Posted by Afrocious

I gave up on snapchat when it couldn't recognize myself and other black friends I have for some filter thing we were doing. It's unfortunately a documented thing.

Been there, done that. Whatever you do, if you're black, don't try to do the black filter on yourself. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!
PeakPointMatrix
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:38 PM)
PeakPointMatrix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gutek



That shit is funny as fuck. Black Trump looks like hes disappointed in white Trump.

Even the black person filter is disgusted being on such a wretched person.
Afrocious
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:38 PM)
Afrocious's Avatar

Originally Posted by Indrid Cold1

This is great. Thanks for making me aware of it OP.

You're welcome. Just resist the urge to make one of the pictures your FB avatar as an attempt to make folks laugh at the fact you're displaying yourself as a race that you're not, or else you'll find yourself on the wrong side of "I'm not racist, but..."
Orbis
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:39 PM)
Orbis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alienous

I presume that it was trained on celebrities considered attractive, and that would have a bias towards white actors and actresses (because socially, and unfortunately, that's a bias that exists - you can look at any top 100), resulting in lightening dark skin.

That seems more reasonable that any malicious intent, and the fact that they disabled it (at least I recall them doing so) suggests it being a result of the algorithm rather than anything purposeful.

Yes it was due to limited training data and just really poor testing. I have no idea how they managed to not see that coming. They removed that after people rightly protested it.
phaonaut
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:39 PM)
phaonaut's Avatar
What happens if you use a cartoon character?
Alcotholic
Banned
(08-09-2017, 10:39 PM)
J.Law

malfcn
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:39 PM)
malfcn's Avatar
Obama?
daviyoung
Banned
(08-09-2017, 10:40 PM)
daviyoung's Avatar

Originally Posted by Afrocious

You're welcome. Just resist the urge to make one of the pictures your FB avatar as an attempt to make folks laugh at the fact you're displaying yourself as a race that you're not, or else you'll find yourself on the wrong side of "I'm not racist, but..."

I assume this thread is not going as you wished?
Compsiox
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:41 PM)
Compsiox's Avatar
Some of these are amazing but creepy.
Kinyou
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:41 PM)
Kinyou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alcotholic

Nathan drake

Pretty crazy how the cgi look stays intact.
Afrocious
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:41 PM)
Afrocious's Avatar

Originally Posted by daviyoung

I assume this thread is not going as you wished?

Sure.

But I am impressed at the hand-waving though.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(08-09-2017, 10:41 PM)
Tunesmith's Avatar
Cable is channelling a little Denzel Washington.

Snowybreak
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:41 PM)
Snowybreak's Avatar
Mine looked too weird. It didn't look as smooth, instead it was like other people's faces overlayed over mine.
MIMIC
Why won't homeless people take my emails????????
(08-09-2017, 10:42 PM)
MIMIC's Avatar
This is awesome and awful at the same time.
SecretMoblin
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:42 PM)
SecretMoblin's Avatar
this is quite fascinating when used on mixed folk
TTOOLL
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:42 PM)
TTOOLL's Avatar
The new Milkshake Duck? I hope not.
Angelus Errare
Banned
(08-09-2017, 10:42 PM)
Angelus Errare's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ragnorok64

I tried it once on myself and immediately uninstalled the app. Then I discovered the joy of using it on celebrities.

Dying at Asian Donald looking exactly like black Donald all because dude was born with epicanthic folds lol
sixteen-bit
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Tunesmith

Cable is channelling a little Denzel Washington.

I have a feeling the database is built off of famous people's portraits so it's often you'll see celebrity features expressed.
DiipuSurotu
Banned
(08-09-2017, 10:44 PM)
DiipuSurotu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alcotholic

J.Law

❤️ ❤️
❤️ ❤️
Afrocious
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:44 PM)
Afrocious's Avatar
I wonder if folks will use these pics on dating profiles. Now THAT would be interesting (and sad [and scary]).
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(08-09-2017, 10:44 PM)
Tunesmith's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

I have a feeling the database is built off of famous people's portraits so it's often you'll see celebrity features expressed.

Yes, it is. They trained the neural net it via thousands of stock and celebrity photos.
aBarreras
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:45 PM)
aBarreras's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alcotholic

Nathan drake

asian nathan is that dude from lost and hawaii 5-0
blakep267
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:45 PM)
blakep267's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ragnorok64

I tried it once on myself and immediately uninstalled the app. Then I discovered the joy of using it on celebrities.

SO white Donald Glover is Jackie Earle haley
Ros8105
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:45 PM)
Ros8105's Avatar




Resident_UA
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:45 PM)
Resident_UA's Avatar

Originally Posted by Afrocious

I wonder if folks will use these pics on dating profiles. Now THAT would be interesting (and sad [and scary]).

It's kind of weird that you are coming up with all of these somewhat creepy and racist scenarios. I guess it could happen, but why would anyone do it?!
sarcastor
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:46 PM)
sarcastor's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheQueen'sOwn



Every version of me looks dorky.

Dude. All those look legit real. And I know Photoshops.
Aztechnology
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:47 PM)
Aztechnology's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

I have a feeling the database is built off of famous people's portraits so it's often you'll see celebrity features expressed.

It has to be, the channels there are too defined not to be. It's still really impressive how well it meshes. But I agree that it's definitely other faces mapped over.
Izuna
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:47 PM)
Izuna's Avatar


Bae

White Bae

Asianx2 Bae

Black Bae
Hopeford
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:47 PM)
Used the "young" filter on me and was like "holy shit young me looks like a teenager! Hah, I've grown so much!"

Stopped to see what was different.

Literally only difference was that young me had shaved.

Fuck
Afrocious
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:47 PM)
Afrocious's Avatar

Originally Posted by Resident_UA

It's kind of weird that you are coming up with all of these somewhat creepy and racist scenarios. I guess it could happen, but why would anyone do it?!

Moore's Law and recorded examples of people already lying about their race online in the dating world.
aBarreras
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:48 PM)
aBarreras's Avatar

Originally Posted by Izuna



Bae

White Bae

Asianx2 Bae

Black Bae

white bae is marisa tomei
Lurk
Banned
(08-09-2017, 10:48 PM)
Poor OP wanted that outcryTM but instead got people using it. If it was only white to black sure racist but everyone can do anything even make people who don't smile smile would you like one of those for you ?!
Alienous
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:49 PM)
Alienous's Avatar

Originally Posted by Afrocious

Moore's Law and recorded examples of people already lying about their race online in the dating world.

So somebody uses the app to fake their ethnicity... then they get caught ... ?

I don't think there's much to it.
Einchy
semen stains the mountaintops
(08-09-2017, 10:49 PM)
Einchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ros8105

lol @ happy Stannis.
Afrocious
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:49 PM)
Afrocious's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lurk

Poor OP wanted that outcryTM but instead got people using it. If it was only white to black sure racist but everyone can do anything even make people who don't smile smile would you like one of those for you ?!

I was wondering when these would start popping up.
Monocle
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:50 PM)
Monocle's Avatar
This is pretty awesome.
DiipuSurotu
Banned
(08-09-2017, 10:51 PM)
DiipuSurotu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Izuna



Bae

White Bae

Asianx2 Bae

Black Bae

White Bae just adds a bit of makeup and wrinkles lol
timshundo
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:52 PM)
timshundo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lurk

Poor OP wanted that outcryTM but instead got people using it. If it was only white to black sure racist but everyone can do anything even make people who don't smile smile would you like one of those for you ?!

is this a meme quote orrrr?
Ragnorok64
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:52 PM)
Ragnorok64's Avatar
I wanna see what the limits of this tech are.
Izuna
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:52 PM)
Izuna's Avatar


Clearly no difference
Afrocious
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:52 PM)
Afrocious's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alienous

So somebody uses the app to fake their ethnicity... then they get caught ... ?

I don't think there's much to it.

I disagree, but if I went on about it, I'd have folks saying I'm thinking too much.

Black Lightning is impressive.
Fuchsdh
Member
(08-09-2017, 10:53 PM)
Fuchsdh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ragnorok64

Is there anyone Morgan Freeman can't play?

Thread Tools