• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ISOM
(08-12-2017, 07:12 AM)

Originally Posted by ponpo

Chanting “White lives matter!” “You will not replace us!” and “Jews will not replace us!” several hundred white nationalists and white supremacists carrying torches marched in a parade through the University of Virginia campus last night.

This crowd is literally people mind controlled by anti-Jewish /pol/ shitposting and they believe that a hidden zionist hand controls every aspect of society.

Not much different from how Hitler viewed Jews.
KarmaCow
(08-12-2017, 07:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Loxley

Here's the paradox I just cannot comprehend.

- People call for these confederate monuments to be removed/renamed because they're pretty much shrines for modern-day white nationalists and symbols of opppression.
- Monuments start to be removed because, well, they're absolutely correct.
- In protest, white nationalists make torch-lit pilgrimages to these monuments like the fucking KKK and chant "white lives matter" - bringing us full circle and proving correct the people who wanted them removed in the first place.

They essentially make things worse for themselves by protesting and hasten the removal of these monuments. How can you be that impossibly dense?

The thing you're missing is that they are aware of why people want the confederate monuments removed, but they think that's why they should stay. It's not a matter of being ignorant, they're not trying to play both sides. They are being openly racist because they've been empowered by people like Trump and other shitbirds being accepted by public. So there's no paradox, just an infuriating reality.
Last edited by KarmaCow; 08-12-2017 at 07:16 AM.
sqwarlock
(08-12-2017, 07:21 AM)
https://twitter.com/asmallteapot/sta...97302230032384

Whole thread is important, but this one tweet is damning.
RoyaleDuke
(08-12-2017, 07:21 AM)

Originally Posted by ISOM

Not much different from how Hitler viewed Jews.

So, you're saying they are nazis.

Originally Posted by KarmaCow

The thing you're missing is that they are aware of why people want the confederate monuments removed, but they think that's why they should stay. It's not a matter of being ignorant, they're not trying to play both sides. They are being openly racist because they've been empowered by people like Trump and other shitbirds being accepted by public. So there's no paradox, just an infuriating reality.

Exactly, they are shithead fascists.

Fuck these people, they are garbage.
PopeReal
Banned
(08-12-2017, 07:25 AM)
It is not your country, fuckboys.
ponpo
( ≖‿≖)
(08-12-2017, 07:29 AM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=098QwsPVHrM

us politics 2017
MetroidPrimeRib

Originally Posted by Boke1879

Where are the police in riot gear, the tanks and massive pepper spraying?

They're there, holding the torches.
Enzom21

Originally Posted by Khaos Kontrol

This joke is getting a little old now...

Who's joking? These are the type of people who would love to see a show about black people still being slaves in the 21st century.
broz0rs
(08-12-2017, 07:30 AM)
I'll just leave this here. It's absolutely disgusting. you can tell these Nazis feel so liberated they can be together and act like this in public.

https://twitter.com/RealAlexRubi/sta...99178736599041
Beer Monkey
(08-12-2017, 07:32 AM)
These guys look like 70% of the dudes in every gentrified "Williamsburg" type neighborhood in northern cities.
Elegant Weapon
(08-12-2017, 07:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Enzom21

Who's joking? These are the type of people who would love to see a show about black people still being slaves in the 21st century.

Don't you get how a weekly hour long HBO drama about black people enslaved in present day America would show these people the error of their ways?
eBay Huckster
(08-12-2017, 07:36 AM)
can we get a thread title change to "In Charlottesville, Nazis Rally For Earlier Losing Cause"
Goofalo
Banned
(08-12-2017, 07:38 AM)
And this would be the main reason I became a gun owner after the election.
Cipherr
(08-12-2017, 07:39 AM)
"Heritage, not hate"
"Its not about slavery, its about states rights"

Removes flag from government buildings and takes down monuments...

*Full on KKK rally with White Supremacy Banners*

Permanently A
(08-12-2017, 07:43 AM)
These guys are just straight up white nationalist racists right? I'm curious what someone who claims to not be racist but supports flying the Confederate flag believes.
FTF
(08-12-2017, 07:44 AM)

Originally Posted by eBay Huckster

can we get a thread title change to "In Charlottesville, Nazis Rally For Earlier Losing Cause"

Seriously...these scum are Nazis and alt-right seems too kind of a word.

These people are pure scum are I hope it affects them getting jobs, etc, etc.

And fuck the police in the area and that tweet about how they were more against the protestors than the nazis's, etc.
mjp2417
(08-12-2017, 07:44 AM)

Originally Posted by broz0rs

I'll just leave this here. It's absolutely disgusting. you can tell these Nazis feel so liberated they can be together and act like this in public.

When she says you sound like a nigger she actually means the post-industrial economy has been really hard on the white working class
Last edited by mjp2417; 08-12-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Lime
(08-12-2017, 07:45 AM)
I hope they got shut down and dispersed by anti-racists. I certainly wouldn't mind them receiving what that neo-nazi guy got.
jerry113
(08-12-2017, 07:46 AM)
This is worse than a ku klux klan rally because they're not afraid to show their faces
Oersted
(08-12-2017, 07:50 AM)
Neonazis gonna Neonazis
JABEE
(08-12-2017, 07:53 AM)

Originally Posted by broz0rs

Maybe journalists shouldn't use Nazi hashtags.
Hackworth
(08-12-2017, 07:54 AM)

Originally Posted by sqwarlock

Called it.
Slacker
(08-12-2017, 07:58 AM)
Some levity from Twitter:

Bess Kalb @bessbell 5m5 minutes ago
Oh look it's fire and Führery. (pic of torch wielders)

Jess Dweck @TheDweck 8m8 minutes ago
What are they marching against? Having everything?

Ozigizo
(08-12-2017, 08:01 AM)
Twitter is being brigaded. Any mention of this KKK rally gets you 2-3 shitheels spouting racist garbage.

Kinda wish Twitter gave a fuck.
Shoeless
(08-12-2017, 08:04 AM)
The depressing part is there's a silent but large segment of America that's looking at this, nodding their heads and thinking, "At least, real progress."

Man, what happened to your country?
Nokterian
always look on the bright side of STRIFE
...and LOL
...and DOTA2
(08-12-2017, 08:05 AM)
Stop using the term Alt Right..that was just a nice cover up name..call them what they actually are Neo Nazi's.

And we do know what we do with nazi's right?

mjp2417
(08-12-2017, 08:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Shoeless

The depressing part is there's a silent but large segment of America that's looking at this, nodding their heads and thinking, "At least, real progress."

It was always like this if you knew where to look. We were founded on attempted genocide and achieved slavery. Shit's as american as apple pie and baseball.
Last edited by mjp2417; 08-12-2017 at 08:10 AM.
Lime
(08-12-2017, 08:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Shoeless

The US was built on the genocide of people, the enslavement of others, the taking of land, and it has for centuries been a white supremacist nation.

it has always been this like this. The question is what are you actually going to do about changing it?
ShadowSwordmaster
(08-12-2017, 08:09 AM)
I expect these guys were aided by the cops and I was right.

Originally Posted by Lime

The US was built on the genocide of people, the enslavement of others, the taking of land, and it has for centuries been a white supremacist nation.

it has always been this like this. The question is what are you actually going to do about changing it?

You know the answer to this.
SlickShoesRUCrazy
(08-12-2017, 08:11 AM)

Originally Posted by sqwarlock

I was laughed at last year when I said a war is brewing as Neo-nazis gained more and more popularity/strength in the mainstream.

Seems like it's time we start taking the existential threat seriously that is growing to the way of life in the US for us minorities and start arming ourselves.
Shoeless
(08-12-2017, 08:11 AM)

Well, we can do what we can from over here, but, being Canadian, there's only so much we can accomplish on this end. It's up to Americans to make America better, Canada can't do it for you.
LiK
(08-12-2017, 08:12 AM)
I'm happy they're removing that monument. Fuck these shitheads.
Goofalo
Banned
(08-12-2017, 08:14 AM)

Start a progressive grass roots militia, based on modern urban guerrilla tactics and sustainable farm to table cooking. Set up a little coffee shop/range/cold pressed juice bar where we can drink pour over fair trade coffee and discuss small arms tactics and practical/tactical rifle courses. All built out of repurposed, hacked Ikea furniture. I'm thinking about calling the militia/coffee shop/range, "Trigger Warnings."
ShadowSwordmaster
(08-12-2017, 08:15 AM)

Originally Posted by LiK

I'm happy they're removing that monument. Fuck these shitheads.

That gives me joy like no other. I hope more cities do the same.
TheGreatMightyPoo
(08-12-2017, 08:17 AM)
I see nothing wrong with this
broz0rs
(08-12-2017, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Ozigizo

Twitter is being brigaded. Any mention of this KKK rally gets you 2-3 shitheels spouting racist garbage.

Kinda wish Twitter gave a fuck.

I feel as if celebs were moving completely away from Twitter and just use Instagram just because of shit like that. Twitter can give replies a lot of attention, Instagram just makes a person look like a line of text.
Shaanyboi
(08-12-2017, 08:21 AM)
These people are chanting Nazi rhetoric, and it really only just feels like another day. A demonstration like this doesn't normalize these attitudes - it's already been normalized. This is what normal looks like. These people aren't hiding their faces, because they know they won't face any repercussions for this.

This was allowed to happen, and don't for a second assume anyone with any actual power is going to do anything about it.
Machina
Banned
(08-12-2017, 08:31 AM)
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
Lime
(08-12-2017, 08:40 AM)
The neo-nazis are going to be in a park on Sunday for another rally thanks to the ACLU :/

I'm really disgusted by the ACLU, but I guess this isn't something noew.
Beer Monkey
(08-12-2017, 08:42 AM)

The neo-nazis are going to be in a park on Sunday for another rally thanks to the ACLU :/

I'm really disgusted by the ACLU, but I guess this isn't something noew.

And I'll still keep giving $5 a month to the ACLU because the work they do is important.

The ACLU can't be what they are if they use ideology to make decisions as to what to defend.

Which is why it's funny that the right fucking hates the ACLU.
Necro
(08-12-2017, 08:46 AM)
So stupid with those tiki torches
mjp2417
(08-12-2017, 08:46 AM)
It's interesting that there are no Moderate voices in this thread so far. Very interesting.
jonjonaug
(08-12-2017, 08:48 AM)

Originally Posted by mjp2417

It's interesting that there are no Moderate voices in this thread so far. Very interesting.

What the hell is the "moderate" response to Nazis? Let them expel all the minorities but only kill a few of them?

EDIT: Oh this is sarcasm, ok
Lime
(08-12-2017, 08:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Beer Monkey

The ACLU can't be what they are if they use ideology to make decisions as to what to defend.

Does not fempute. They are already using ideology to make decisions as to what to defend, so I'm not sure what you're saying.

The ACLU supporting and encouraging a fucking neo-nazi demonstration just tells me that they are completely ignorant, naive, and severely unaffected by people who want to murder you.
ISOM
(08-12-2017, 08:51 AM)

Does not fempute. They are already using ideology to make decisions as to what to defend, so I'm not sure what you're saying.

The ACLU supporting and encouraging a fucking neo-nazi demonstration just tells me that they are completely ignorant, naive, and severely unaffected by people who want to murder you.

It's definitely naivety and ignorance. Protecting ideals for the sake of ideals works far better in an equal society.
Jarate
(08-12-2017, 08:53 AM)
The ACLU's agenda is protecting civil liberties as expressed in things like the constitution. Freedom of speech is part of those liberties.
mjp2417
(08-12-2017, 08:57 AM)

Originally Posted by jonjonaug

What the hell is the "moderate" response to Nazis? Let them expel all the minorities but only kill a few of them?

If you say their name three times they descend to preach about the intolerance of the left. Don't say their name again.
Armadilo
How Do I Replace Member
(08-12-2017, 08:59 AM)
So it turned out that -

. With the Unite the Right rally set to take place tomorrow controversy is brewing. The City of Charlottesville has revoked the permit for Unite the Right citing safety concerns. The ACLU jumped to the defense of the alt right as they believe this is a political action.

This has caused the left to become furious as the ACLU is now defending their political rivals.

The rally wasn't going to happen but it did
Saya
(08-12-2017, 09:01 AM)
Fuck this scum

PopeReal
Banned
(08-12-2017, 09:02 AM)
I don't see how saying "you don't deserve to exist" is a political action.