• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Beer Monkey
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Jarate

The ACLU's agenda is protecting civil liberties as expressed in things like the constitution. Freedom of speech is part of those liberties.

Anybody can rally. We failed at not having 10x more protesting them.

Originally Posted by Lime

Does not fempute. They are already using ideology to make decisions as to what to defend, so I'm not sure what you're saying.

Citation needed.
ramoisdead
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:07 AM)
ramoisdead's Avatar
Fucking scum of the earth. Nothing better to do than shitpost in real life this garbage.
Last edited by ramoisdead; 08-12-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Wrestlemania
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:08 AM)
Wrestlemania's Avatar

Originally Posted by mjp2417

It's interesting that there are no Moderate voices in this thread so far. Very interesting.

Their arms are too tired from carrying a tiki torch for 20 minutes to type a response.
Nokterian
always look on the bright side of STRIFE
...and LOL
...and DOTA2
(08-12-2017, 09:09 AM)
Nokterian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saya

Fuck this scum

Hello 1938 why are you back?

Also this not 'freedom of speech'.
mjp2417
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:11 AM)
mjp2417's Avatar

Originally Posted by Armadilo

So it turned out that -

The rally wasn't going to happen but it did

Actual nazis have always used the norms of democratic societies to undermine them from within. This is nothing new, but you would hope that after 80+ years said democratic norms would wise up to the charade. Like, don't decide to split up in the woods at night when a murderous clown with a chainsaw is hunting you, you stupid fucks.
Yaphett Kotto
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:11 AM)
Yaphett Kotto's Avatar

Originally Posted by Armadilo

So it turned out that -

The rally wasn't going to happen but it did

They probably could've turned the other cheek in this one.

We need a legal definition on what is hate speech and what is free speech in the US.
Lime
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:13 AM)
Lime's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarate

The ACLU's agenda is protecting civil liberties as expressed in things like the constitution. Freedom of speech is part of those liberties.

the ACLU:


Originally Posted by Beer Monkey

Citation needed.

The ACLU is ideological, so I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. I think you mean something else with your statement that the ACLU is non-ideological? Do you mean that they are non-partisan?
Beer Monkey
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Lime

The ACLU is ideological, so I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. I think you mean something else with your statement that the ACLU is non-ideological? Do you mean that they are non-partisan?

Thinking that everyone has a right to speak regardless of their ideological beliefs is ideological?

Fine, I surrender.
Tye The Czar
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:18 AM)
Tye The Czar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lime

the ACLU:




The ACLU is ideological, so I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. I think you mean something else with your statement that the ACLU is non-ideological? Do you mean that they are non-partisan?

Free Speech as in being allowed to express whatever you want without the government going after you.

EDIT: Put in Quotes.
Last edited by Tye The Czar; 08-12-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Beer Monkey
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Tye The Czar

Free Speech as in being allowed to express whatever you want without the government going after you.

Exactly.
King Tubby
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:28 AM)
King Tubby's Avatar
I feel like the thread title should also include "neo-Nazi", because that is what these people are.
The Kree
Banned
(08-12-2017, 09:29 AM)
The next person who tries to tell me anything about identity politics is invited to blow me.
BBboy20
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:31 AM)
BBboy20's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lime

the ACLU:




The ACLU is ideological, so I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. I think you mean something else with your statement that the ACLU is non-ideological? Do you mean that they are non-partisan?

They're ultimately a legal firm and what everyone is doing tonight and the coming days is legal. Legalities can only take you so far before social interaction from the people themselves become needed for change. That's where us comes in when when the ACLU's sphere of influence ends.
Mung
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:33 AM)
Take down the statue and grind it into pulp, and flush down the toilet. Do the same with all confederate statues.

Fuck their 'heritage'. It's the equivalent of Germans rallying for a nazi statue.
Lime
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:39 AM)
Lime's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tye The Czar

Free Speech as in being allowed to express whatever you want without the government going after you.


EDIT: Put in Quotes.

Originally Posted by Beer Monkey

Exactly.

That doesn't have anything to do with what I was pointing out - i.e. that the ACLU are explicitly enabling the organization of neo-nazis whose aim is to threaten people and recruit/signalboost their aim to kill and oppress people of color. As I posted on the previous page, the ACLU encouraged and defended the organization of this rally in that particular place.

If people think that freedom of speech is so absolute that even neo-nazis should be allowed to organize and recruit, then you probably are oblivious or aren't affected by what the goals of neo-nazis like these want to achieve.
cdyhybrid
(08-12-2017, 09:42 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar
The problem isn't that neo-Nazis are allowed to speak, it's that large swaths of this country are 1) comfortable with their speech and 2) happy to take advantage of the benefits of their ideology.
Fantastapotamus
Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
(08-12-2017, 09:43 AM)
Fantastapotamus's Avatar

Please by all means, remember to stay calm and friendly when talking to these young fellows. We need to talk it out, find some common ground, right? Both sides!
Joe
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:44 AM)
Joe's Avatar
Thread of local Charlottesville organizations to donate to: https://twitter.com/SaraJBenincasa/s...60558214897664

Feel free to summarize, I'd do it but I'm on mobile.
IrishNinja
(08-12-2017, 09:45 AM)
IrishNinja's Avatar
goodnight alt-right
Fantastapotamus
Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
(08-12-2017, 09:48 AM)
Fantastapotamus's Avatar
Man, as an Austrian it makes me sick that all of this shit, all of their behavior and believes are based on my countries actions not that long ago. I know that if it wasn't Hitler it'd be something else but still....I can't help but feel partly responsible.

Fuck.
cdyhybrid
(08-12-2017, 09:51 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fantastapotamus

Man, as an Austrian it makes me sick that all of this shit, all of their behavior and believes are based on my countries actions not that long ago. I know that if it wasn't Hitler it'd be something else but still....I can't help but feel partly responsible.

Fuck.

Don't feel too bad, this country had perfected white supremacy long before Hitler was a twinkle in his parents' eyes.
Mung
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Fantastapotamus

Man, as an Austrian it makes me sick that all of this shit, all of their behavior and believes are based on my countries actions not that long ago. I know that if it wasn't Hitler it'd be something else but still....I can't help but feel partly responsible.

Fuck.

Don't worry. Their actions are actually based on their own country's actions way before Hitler.
IrishNinja
(08-12-2017, 09:52 AM)
IrishNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saya

Fuck this scum

i grew up in a black neighborhood and for years struggled with folks out there being semi-comfortable with dudes flying the rebel flag on occasion

i'd ask & get variants of "at least they don't pretend/motherfuckers know where they stand" and never really appreciated that shit until i fucked more with the left & watched people in 2k17 talk about all lives matter & how identity politics led to trump etc etc

it's like...damn. okay, now i get it.
Lightning_Roller
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:55 AM)
Lightning_Roller's Avatar
Pieces of racist shit. Fuck talking, they need their asses beat.....everyday.
Username1198
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:57 AM)
Username1198's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bobby Roberts

Imagine being such a diluted remnant of your grandfather's worst genes that you can't even manage to tie an oily rag around a fuckin stick correctly so you just buy a fucking TIKI TORCH at Target.

And these motherfuckers think believe they're superior.

Godamn. Lmao

Edit: fucking tiki terrorist tommy hillfiger cardigan sweater wearing motherfuckers
Last edited by Username1198; 08-12-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Fantastapotamus
Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
(08-12-2017, 09:58 AM)
Fantastapotamus's Avatar

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

Don't feel too bad, this country had perfected white supremacy long before Hitler was a twinkle in his parents' eyes.

Originally Posted by Mung

Don't worry. Their actions are actually based on their own country's actions way before Hitler.

Thanks.
It's just so....eerie seeing this. I remember when we first learned about our countries history in school, seeing all those images of rallies and me thinking how people could do this and how glad I am that it is all over now. I was 11 at the time, so obviously I had no idea this was still going on. I totally refused to even entertain the idea. Why would anybody, anybody associate themselves with Nazis? Right? Right?

*sigh*
Wrestlemania
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:00 AM)
Wrestlemania's Avatar
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/stat...95016284520448

“He hit me! He hit me!”

What a snowflake.
Username1198
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:01 AM)
Username1198's Avatar

Originally Posted by GK86

They left their hoods and sheets in the dry cleaners?

Well their cheeto leader in charge doesn't wear one so I guess they thought they didn't have to either.
IrishNinja
(08-12-2017, 10:05 AM)
IrishNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wrestlemania

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/stat...95016284520448

“He hit me! He hit me!”

What a snowflake.

legit torn here

like i know this is an initiation for proud boys & other literal pieces of shit

but fuck i'd love to indulge, you know most of these nazis literally ain't bout that life
Machina
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:06 AM)
Machina's Avatar
Take a long look in the mirror, America. This is what you are.
Dr.Phibes
Junior Member
(08-12-2017, 10:06 AM)
Dr.Phibes's Avatar
Just missing some fancy brown uniforms.
Baron Doggystyle von Woof
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:06 AM)
Baron Doggystyle von Woof's Avatar
"One people one nation"

They forgot to add except if you are Black, Mexican or Asian.
jabuseika
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:07 AM)
jabuseika's Avatar
The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.

Traitors.
Ms.Galaxy
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:08 AM)
Ms.Galaxy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lime

The neo-nazis are going to be in a park on Sunday for another rally thanks to the ACLU :/

I'm really disgusted by the ACLU, but I guess this isn't something noew.

The ACLU needs to limit who they defend, and this shit is crossing the line. We're talking about a genocidal ideology who's main goal is to eradicate all those who do not match their vision of the "Übermensch". We're going to reach a point where these shithead fascists are going to start acting on their fascism and kill someone because they feel empowered.

If even a single protester against that Nazi rally gets hurt or dies in that park, I hope the family sues the ACLU as they are partially responsible for encouraging their empowerment.
ponpo
( ≖‿≖)
(08-12-2017, 10:09 AM)
ponpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baron Doggystyle von Woof

"One people one nation"

They forgot to add except if you are Black, Mexican or Asian.

Or Jewish*
Cymbal Head
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:09 AM)
Cymbal Head's Avatar
What a bunch of insecure pieces of shit with no sense of showmanship. Fucking tiki torches really?
Backfoggen
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:10 AM)
Backfoggen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wrestlemania

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/stat...95016284520448

“He hit me! He hit me!”

What a snowflake.

What a devastating attack. Anti-white racism!
nekkid
It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
(08-12-2017, 10:17 AM)
nekkid's Avatar
Those tiki torches are hilarious.

I say "hilarious"; I mean they would be if it wasn't for the implications of this rally.
Fantastapotamus
Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
(08-12-2017, 10:18 AM)
Fantastapotamus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr.Phibes

Just missing some fancy brown uniforms.

Couldn't get those for cheap at the local Target
skullmuffins
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:20 AM)
skullmuffins's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lime

If people think that freedom of speech is so absolute that even neo-nazis should be allowed to organize and recruit, then you probably are oblivious or aren't affected by what the goals of neo-nazis like these want to achieve are familiar with US law.

We don't have to like it, but they do currently have that right. That's why the ACLU is involved. Not because they're sympathetic to Nazis or inconsiderate of minorities. Christ, man. Outside of first amendment cases (where they kind of have to defend awful speech because few people are trying to suppress speech that's generally agreeable) they do a ton of work on behalf of minorities and underprivileged people.
Ms.Galaxy
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:20 AM)
Ms.Galaxy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr.Phibes

Just missing some fancy brown uniforms.

Good Nazi uniforms costs a good chunk of money. They had to settle for 2$ Family Dollar tiki torches, I'm not sure if they can afford it.
eizarus
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:25 AM)
eizarus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fantastapotamus

Please by all means, remember to stay calm and friendly when talking to these young fellows. We need to talk it out, find some common ground, right? Both sides!

I'd rather we hold a counter-rally to see how many of them we can punch.
DavidDesu
Banned
(08-12-2017, 10:27 AM)
The majority of the militarised police could easily be converted into Trump's version of the SS. Hopefully this is all a storm in a teacup but sadly I feel like in the current climate these idiots will grow and grow. They mocked Hitler and his views then look what happened.

Yes, Godwin's law blah blah. You have modern day neo Nazis in your country who think they're just ordinary fair minded citizens. This shit is happening. History repeats with depressing frequency.
Apt101
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:29 AM)
Apt101's Avatar
Regarding the ACLU talk, I suggest anyone critical of them look into the record of the cases they handle. Anyone can cherry pick their record to make them look like either Nazis or communists, but they do in fact defend freedom of speech consistently. If you don't like certain speech, especially hateful speech, good! That mean's you're a rational and compassionate human. But if you think that only speech you agree with should be defended, you're part of the problem. That is a slippery slope that is always, always, prophetic.

It all needs to be free. Let society deem what is bad. As long as it isn't advocating and organizing actual violence.
King Tubby
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:29 AM)
King Tubby's Avatar

Originally Posted by DavidDesu

The majority of the militarised police could easily be converted into Trump's version of the SS. Hopefully this is all a storm in a teacup but sadly I feel like in the current climate these idiots will grow and grow. They mocked Hitler and his views then look what happened.

Yes, Godwin's law blah blah. You have modern day neo Nazis in your country who think they're just ordinary fair minded citizens. This shit is happening. History repeats with depressing frequency.

This is why I think a lot of people in blue states should seriously consider arming themselves just in case.
Ms.Galaxy
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:33 AM)
Ms.Galaxy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Apt101

Regarding the ACLU talk, I suggest anyone critical of them look into the record of the cases they handle. Anyone can cherry pick their record to make them look like either Nazis or communists, but they do in fact defend freedom of speech consistently. If you don't like certain speech, especially hateful speech, good! That mean's you're a rational and compassionate human. But if you think that only speech you agree with should be defended, you're part of the problem. That is a slippery slope that is always, always, prophetic.

It all needs to be free. Let society deem what is bad. As long as it isn't advocating and organizing actual violence.

What the bloody hell do you think Fascism and Nazism is?! It's genocidal ideology supported by racial "science" that calls for the eradication of anyone who doesn't meet their ideal vision of the "master race".
eizarus
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:35 AM)
eizarus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Apt101

Regarding the ACLU talk, I suggest anyone critical of them look into the record of the cases they handle. Anyone can cherry pick their record to make them look like either Nazis or communists, but they do in fact defend freedom of speech consistently. If you don't like certain speech, especially hateful speech, good! That mean's you're a rational and compassionate human. But if you think that only speech you agree with should be defended, you're part of the problem. That is a slippery slope that is always, always, prophetic.

It all needs to be free. Let society deem what is bad. As long as it isn't advocating and organizing actual violence.

That's quite the contradiction there. And like we've seen time and time again, a lot of these neo-nazis are careful with their words and use them to manipulate the more idiotic side of their supporters to violence rather than get themselves in legal trouble. We've got the same thing here in the UK with both neo-nazis and jihadists. The Panorama documentaries had a segment on that when they hung around with a jihadist here called Abu Haleema.

I'm going off on a tangent, but my point is that people can manipulated, on a mass level. Nazi Germany, Eugenics-era USA (and much of Europe) should be perfect examples of what happens when freedom of speech is used in order to allow neo-nazis and supremacists (of any sort) to spread their bullshit.
DavidDesu
Banned
(08-12-2017, 10:37 AM)

Originally Posted by King Tubby

This is why I think a lot of people in blue states should seriously consider arming themselves just in case.

Yep. Funny how the gun nuts claim they need weapons to be able to rebel against fascist governance when many of them will become the fascist force that will need railed against by the good people that are left. In the words of Trump, Lock N Load (lefties!)!


Fuck this world and the stupid people that inhabit it. We have no excuse in the current age and we've seen the worst of history as a lesson and have managed to ignore it. Maybe half of us are just so easily swayed to evil that it will never be far away. Bring on the AI/Skynet world where robots decide everything for us to keep us safe and happy.
mjp2417
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:39 AM)
mjp2417's Avatar

Originally Posted by Apt101

As long as it isn't advocating and organizing actual violence.

They're fucking neo-nazis. It's kinda definitional.
Last edited by mjp2417; 08-12-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Hierophant
Member
(08-12-2017, 10:39 AM)
Hierophant's Avatar
Exterminate all Nazi scum for they deserve nothing less

Moderates, it's easy to preach compassion when you're not at the top of the list for murdering

Also stop fellating people who preach for peace with Nazi cunts, Richard Spencer deserved worse

Thread Tools