• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Mammoth Jones
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:56 AM)
Mammoth Jones's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prodigal Son

yknow. I was and am something of a 'both sider' as far as gaf goes. I think its apparent though to most people that having criticisms for either side of a political system isn't the same as creating a moral equivalence.

The problem is when a 'both sider' uses irrelevant criticisms from the "other" side to deflect from what ONLY one side is doing.
____
Banned
(08-13-2017, 04:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Frozenprince

And not ONE person will be arrested for this assault.

Probably won’t even try to look for them.
Sunster
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:57 AM)
Sunster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prodigal Son

yknow. I was and am something of a 'both sider' as far as gaf goes. I think its apparent though to most people that having criticisms for either side of a political system isn't the same as creating a moral equivalence.

where do you land on this particular issue?
Frozenprince
Banned
(08-13-2017, 04:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Mammoth Jones

The problem is when a 'both sider' uses irrelevant criticisms from the "other" side to deflect from what ONLY one side is doing.

As some posters here have a prolonged history of doing.
geomon
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:58 AM)
geomon's Avatar

Originally Posted by excelsiorlef

Just so I'm not jumping to conclusions... those heavily armored dudes in black with helmets and big ass guns and riot shields doing absolutely nothing... those are cops right?

I mean the difference between militia and cops are hard so I need to ask.

They are not cops. They are nazi's in riot gear.



Originally Posted by Sunster

but they arrested a girl just for talking into a megaphone.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:58 AM)
Not's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prodigal Son

yknow. I was and am something of a 'both sider' as far as gaf goes. I think its apparent though to most people that having criticisms for either side of a political system isn't the same as creating a moral equivalence.

You'd be surprised.

Some people only need to hear that one side isn't a blemishless angelic force for benevolence in order to justify their defense of bigots.
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(08-13-2017, 04:58 AM)
Slayven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mammoth Jones

The problem is when a 'both sider' uses irrelevant criticisms from the "other" side to deflect from what ONLY one side is doing.

Or strangely only come out defending one side, but be ghosts other times
Fat4all
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:59 AM)
Fat4all's Avatar

Originally Posted by ____

Probably won’t even try to look for them.

considering the videos and pictures online it wouldn't be hard to find them and arrest them I'd imagine, but will the police bother is certainly the real question
smokeandmirrors
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:59 AM)

Originally Posted by ____

Probably won’t even try to look for them.

they will

just to congratulate them
Prodigal Son
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:00 AM)
Prodigal Son's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sunster

where do you land on this particular issue?

like there's no moral equivalence to me whatsoever. My right-leaning friends are trying to play the 'b-b-but antifa!' game and its bullshit.

You have the issue of a group using morally reprehensible methods to push for morally reprehensible goals. 2/2.

I don't like antifa getting violent, but they aren't advocating for the disgusting things these people are. 1/2.

There's no equivalence. These white nationalist ideals are the real enemy.

Originally Posted by Anticol

He needs the testimony of the guys beating the hell out of that poor guy because they probably have reasons, and tbh the beaten guy has probably done something bad to incite such behavior from others.

lol dude are you just like speaking for me? why
Last edited by Prodigal Son; 08-13-2017 at 05:02 AM.
Anticol
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:00 AM)
Anticol's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sunster

where do you land on this particular issue?

He needs the testimony of the guys beating the hell out of that poor guy because they probably have reasons, and tbh the beaten guy has probably done something bad to incite such behavior from others.
Fat4all
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:01 AM)
Fat4all's Avatar

Originally Posted by geomon

They are not cops. They are nazi's in riot gear.





¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is that guy with the grey beard the same guy whose in the middle background of the pic?

Originally Posted by Not

sphagnum
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:01 AM)
sphagnum's Avatar
This is why Antifa is important, why solidarity is important, why destroying instead of tolerating white supremacy is important.

There can't be tolerance for terrorism.
plagiarize
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:02 AM)
plagiarize's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fat4all

Is that guy with the grey beard the same guy whose in the middle background of the pic?

Yep. Same guy.
Sunster
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:03 AM)
Sunster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fat4all

Is that guy with the grey beard the same guy whose in the middle background of the pic?

wow, yea. that's definitely him.
TaterTots
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:04 AM)
TaterTots's Avatar
These assholes are going to start a race war. That's basically an attempt at lynching. They deserved to be lynched for even pulling this shit. Fuck, this world is not getting better.
Not
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:04 AM)
Not's Avatar

Originally Posted by sphagnum

This is why Antifa is important, why solidarity is important, why destroying instead of tolerating white supremacy is important.

There can't be tolerance for terrorism.

Antifa exists because our elected government won't crack down on this stuff, like homeland security was created to do to brown terrorism.
hobozero
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:05 AM)
hobozero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not

2017. Let that image spread.



The 'racism is over' people ain't shit anymore.

Who is face down on the ground on the left? Seems to be wearing the official KKKhakis,

Edit: also notice no one is helping him (armored fuck next to him). 2nd victim? Someone trip over themselves rushing to the beating?
Fat4all
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:05 AM)
Fat4all's Avatar

Originally Posted by plagiarize

Yep. Same guy.

Originally Posted by Sunster

wow, yea. that's definitely him.

It almost looks like he's supervising the beating, and having his goons block off/guard the scene or something.
Regginator
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:05 AM)
Regginator's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shaanyboi

.

Damn.
Bigboss242
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:05 AM)
Yea fuck this country.
MoonsaultSlayer
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:08 AM)
MoonsaultSlayer's Avatar
I feel like two wrongs make a right here.

But I'm morally conflicted. These are clearly (and I mean CLEARLY) people with violent hatred and they're enacting on it and spreading their ideals to their children even. And killing them could only make them a martyr and support the "all sides" mentality. How do you end this?
Mammoth Jones
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:09 AM)
Mammoth Jones's Avatar

Originally Posted by TaterTots

These assholes are going to start a race war. That's basically an attempt at lynching. They deserved to be lynched for even pulling this shit. Fuck, this world is not getting better.

I disagree. If slavery didn't start a race war.

Or the treatment of Blacks during reconstruction...

Or the treatment of Blacks during Jim Crow....

Or the civil rights act....

...etc. Nothing will. How much do we need to take to continue to show the world we the most forgiving mofos around. A lot of right wing nationalists afraid of us because they really believe we foaming at the mouth for "revenge" because deep down they know that's how they'd feel if their people were treated with the indignity we have had to endure.

Deep down neo nazi's thirst for this kind of violence. They really want it. But they know most White Americans don't want that shit. So they're trying to convince em they do. What you think the alt-right is about? It's just another pivot for rebranding white nationalism.
RinsFury
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:09 AM)
RinsFury's Avatar
Fuck everything. These right-wing nazi movements need to be crushed before the disease grows any larger. I don't care how, but these sickening fucks should not be allowed to feel safe demonstrating anywhere on this planet.
Frozenprince
Banned
(08-13-2017, 05:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Mammoth Jones

I disagree. If slavery didn't start a race war.

Or the treatment of Blacks during reconstruction...

Or the treatment of Blacks during Jim Crow....

Or the civil rights act....

...etc. Nothing will. How much do we need to take to continue to show the world we the most forgiving mofos around. A lot of right wing nationalists afraid of us because they really believe we foaming at the mouth for "revenge" because deep down they know that's how they'd feel if their people were treated with the indignity we have had to endure.

Deep down neo nazi's thirst for this kind of violence. They really want it. But they know most White Americans don't want that shit. So they're trying to convince em they do. What you think the alt-right is about? It's just another pivot for rebranding white nationalism.

More and more though we're proven right when we advocated for everybody to get strapped.
StrategyFan
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:11 AM)

Originally Posted by MoonsaultSlayer

I feel like two wrongs make a right here.

But I'm morally conflicted. These are clearly (and I mean CLEARLY) people with violent hatred and they're enacting on it and spreading their ideals to their children even. And killing them could only make them a martyr and support the "all sides" mentality. How do you end this?

by not letting them raise children

they're basically unfit to do so by any civilized standard. the tricky part is identifying them and enforcing it
ElBoxyBrown
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:11 AM)
ElBoxyBrown's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shaanyboi

.

https://twitter.com/letsgomathias/st...83176695848961
Frozenprince
Banned
(08-13-2017, 05:13 AM)

Originally Posted by ElBoxyBrown

https://twitter.com/letsgomathias/st...83176695848961

Guarantee the primary thought of all those bigots the minute they saw that poor man was "okay if we do this, here's how we lynch him".
sphagnum
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:13 AM)
sphagnum's Avatar

Originally Posted by MoonsaultSlayer

I feel like two wrongs make a right here.

But I'm morally conflicted. These are clearly (and I mean CLEARLY) people with violent hatred and they're enacting on it and spreading their ideals to their children even. And killing them could only make them a martyr and support the "all sides" mentality. How do you end this?

Enact hate speech laws, declare fascist parties and organizations to be terrorists, arrest them and execute the ones who kill people. Don't treat them with mercy.
Prodigal Son
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:14 AM)
Prodigal Son's Avatar

Originally Posted by StrategyFan

by not letting them raise children

they're basically unfit to do so by any civilized standard. the tricky part is identifying them and enforcing it

What exactly are you advocating for here?
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(08-13-2017, 05:14 AM)
Slayven's Avatar

Originally Posted by Frozenprince

Guarantee the primary thought of all those bigots the minute they saw that poor man was "okay if we do this, here's how we lynch him".

He is a better man then their entire bloodline could ever be
Apt101
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:16 AM)
Apt101's Avatar
If people show up apparently armed for combat in large numbers, why the fuck did the police not interrogate them and confiscate the weapons? If I go walking down the street with a shield and shillelagh, adorned in riot gear, I would expect to be stopped by the police rather quickly.
Windam
Scaley member
(08-13-2017, 05:16 AM)
Windam's Avatar
Smh
Not
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:16 AM)
Not's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prodigal Son

What exactly are you advocating for here?

Yeah, the key is to just keep having more brown children than them. Change the world faster than they can maintain it.

That said, child services is a thing. Nazis shouldn't raise kids.
Kibbles
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:17 AM)
Kibbles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not

2017. Let that image spread.



The 'racism is over' people ain't shit anymore.

So are those cops just letting it happen?

Or wait... those aren't cops are they. :/
Prodigal Son
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:18 AM)
Prodigal Son's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not

Yeah, the key is to just keep having more brown children then them. Change the world faster than they can maintain it.

hell yeah

Originally Posted by Not


That said, child services is a thing. Nazis shouldn't raise kids.

Aw that edit :/

cmon fellas. its abundantly apparent how dangerous it is to set up a precedent for not allowing people to raise kids based on asserted political views. we really dont help ourselves when he get authoritarian here. were liberals
Regulus Tera
Romanes Eunt Domus
(08-13-2017, 05:19 AM)
Regulus Tera's Avatar

Originally Posted by shawnbuddy

Why can't it be like "I see you're carrying a pole/spear/shield," so you are under arrest? Why do police allow people to bring weapons? If you're armed to rumble, you're gonna rumble.

2nd Amendment
StrategyFan
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Prodigal Son

What exactly are you advocating for here?

idk what the procedures are

there should be something in place to make sure kids of terrorists don't get raised by terrorists
Ponn
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:19 AM)
Ponn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not

You'd be surprised.

Some people only need to hear that one side isn't a blemishless angelic force for benevolence in order to justify their defense of bigots.

But she called him "white" after he honked at her and her daughter and was yelling bitch at her. That gave him a free racist pass.
R10Neymarfan
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:20 AM)
R10Neymarfan's Avatar
But maybe he should have debated with them when they were hitting him with the poles. Got to understand the other side. Have empathy
Masterspeed
Banned
(08-13-2017, 05:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Kibbles

So are those cops just letting it happen?

Or wait... those aren't cops are they. :/

They're not cops, they're Nazis in riot gear.

Because protesting is totally allowed if you're carrying melee weapons and riot gear, because it's totally going to be a "peaceful" protest where armed forces aren't needed at all.

Send in the fucking army, Jesus.

They're terrorists and they should be treated like terrorists.
Kthulhu
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:21 AM)
Kthulhu's Avatar

Originally Posted by sphagnum

Enact hate speech laws, declare fascist parties and organizations to be terrorists, arrest them and execute the ones who kill people. Don't treat them with mercy.

Or just put them in prison. Let's not throw out all logic because they have.
Prodigal Son
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:21 AM)
Prodigal Son's Avatar

Originally Posted by StrategyFan

idk what the procedures are

there should be something in place to make sure kids of terrorists don't get raised by terrorists

Sure but who decides who's a 'terrorist'. Most people at this thing arent driving cars into protesters. Is every dumbshit dickhead who's worried about """white genocide""" a terrorist? You gonna take a lady's newborn from her if shes anti immigration?
Sunster
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:21 AM)
Sunster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ponn

But she called him "white" after he honked at her and her daughter and was yelling bitch at her. That gave him a free racist pass.

god that thread was trash
sphagnum
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:24 AM)
sphagnum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kthulhu

Or just put them in prison. Let's not throw out all logic because they have.

It's throwing out logic to execute murderers...?
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(08-13-2017, 05:25 AM)
ZeoVGM's Avatar

Originally Posted by StrategyFan

idk what the procedures are

there should be something in place to make sure kids of terrorists don't get raised by terrorists

So you're suggesting something insane that you realize there is absolutely no way to actually make happen.
watershed
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:25 AM)
watershed's Avatar
Black people literally just want to be treated as equal human beings. White people always scream back "No!" and do everything in their power to make sure that never happens.
MetalGearZed
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:26 AM)
MetalGearZed's Avatar

Originally Posted by Not

2017. Let that image spread.



The 'racism is over' people ain't shit anymore.

2017: Racist imagery that you were used to seeing in black and white now remastered in 4k and HDR
You Know Nothing
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:28 AM)
You Know Nothing's Avatar

Originally Posted by watershed

Black people literally just want to be treated as equal human beings. White people always scream back "No!" and do everything in their power to make sure that never happens.

300 years of American history in a nutshell.

Thread Tools